PDA

View Full Version : Timing question...

DRIVEN
03-11-09, 3:31 pm
ive been lifting with torrent, nitro, realgains , pak, pump/storm, livertabs, glutamine and zma. Before this year i have never really been into doin cardio too much but i have recently changed my goals and have started doing some moderate cardio. here is what my order is as of now but was wondering if their is a better way to be using them then the way i have;

pak in morning with breakfast

3 livers with each meal of the day

pre i make a shake with realgains. about 20 min later i take a pump or make a drink with storm, glutamine and gatorade powder.

i am currently not doing anything for intra workout....

now that 3 times a week i am doing cardio directly after my workout should i be taking in the torrent before or after i bike? i usually just slam nitro with my torrent after a lifting sess but not usually between that and cardio...does that mean i will miss the "anabolic window"?

about 30 min after i take the torrent i usually have another shake which usually has oats in it still from my pre( i make one big batch in the blender)

then i finish with a good meal, take my zma and go to bed for the night.

Where woudl it be beneficial for me to add glutamine? before AND after workout? I also seem to have a problem with looking "soft"....is it that i need to cut back on how many carbs im taking in? i use alot usually in my shakes and eat alot of bread usually through out the day- sandwiches and what not...i am not really trying to bulk but more trying to stay very fit... Id appreciate someone to let me know whats worked well for them.. thanks

DRIVEN

Aggression
03-12-09, 1:07 pm
ive been lifting with torrent, nitro, realgains , pak, pump/storm, livertabs, glutamine and zma. Before this year i have never really been into doin cardio too much but i have recently changed my goals and have started doing some moderate cardio. here is what my order is as of now but was wondering if their is a better way to be using them then the way i have;

pre i make a shake with realgains. about 20 min later i take a pump or make a drink with storm, glutamine and gatorade powder.

now that 3 times a week i am doing cardio directly after my workout should i be taking in the torrent before or after i bike? i usually just slam nitro with my torrent after a lifting sess but not usually between that and cardio...does that mean i will miss the "anabolic window"?

about 30 min after i take the torrent i usually have another shake which usually has oats in it still from my pre( i make one big batch in the blender)

Where woudl it be beneficial for me to add glutamine? before AND after workout? I also seem to have a problem with looking "soft"....is it that i need to cut back on how many carbs im taking in? i use alot usually in my shakes and eat alot of bread usually through out the day- sandwiches and what not...i am not really trying to bulk but more trying to stay very fit... Id appreciate someone to let me know whats worked well for them.. thanks

DRIVEN

Looks good brother. You want to take Torrent after your training/cardio is done. Pop some bcaa's/nitro between weights and cardio, then slam Torrent once you step off the treadmill.

Glutamine is a quality supplement. I'd take it post workout, and again before bed. pre workout wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I'd maybe drop the bread and opt for better carb choices, such as rice, potatoes and oats. do that, and you should drop some of that water weight/softness.

J-Dawg
03-12-09, 1:09 pm

DRIVEN

DRIVEN, could you give us an idea of how many carbs you are taking in per day? Maybe a typical run down of what you eat/supplement w/ shakewise.

DRIVEN
03-12-09, 1:58 pm
well as money is tight and i am in college right now i am extremely kinda strapped on cash (girlfriend...ya fuckin expensive, and only workin a few times a week) so this is what i usually do-

morning- pak, granola cereal, skim milk and 4-6 eggs...i usually take out the yolks and just eat whites

im usually munching on boiled chicken breasts that i have in tupperware in my kitchen all day long... like 2-4 breasts every 2 hours along with mixed unsalted nuts...livertabs with each snack/ meal

i hit up my schools union and have a mealplan their...its solid, huge saladbar and i can always get grilled chickebrests their or sloppy joes if i want em. so i usually eat that their along with 4-6 eggs, a spinach salad with cottage cheese and broccoli and about 4 glasses of milk(skim)

pre workout i have a pb bagel usually multi grain.....Blend rg chocolate with natty pb, cottage cheese sometimes, and probably like 2 full cups of oats and if i have them usually some frozen assorted fruits. i pour in skim milk and that makes two full shakers one pre and post workout. slam the pre workout shake

about 15 to 20 later as i am about to get into the gym i usualy am downing a mixture of gatorade, storm and glutamine.

during my workout i use nothing right now

after my workout if i am doin cardio i do that for 15 to 20 then i take my torrent and nitro togeather.

when i get home i slam the rest of the shake i made before my workout except i add glutamine

about an hour or so after the shake i starte to get really hungry and as of lately ive been eating ground Venison or Burger with red potatoes. Its either that or i make hamburger helper, whatever i can manage and make easier at the time.

i try to not eat bread or bagels before i go to bed and instead i eat cottage cheese

when i go to bed i take two zma.

i drink about a gal or more of water througout the day and i am ALWAYS eating something.

DRIVEN
03-31-09, 5:55 pm
what is a good glutamine supp to get? i havent really noticed people raving about one type and i dont even know if universal does have one?? i have been lazy and just getting it from walmart in a small container to get me by for a while lately, but i always have believed in you get what you pay for. anyone know?