PDA

View Full Version : Couple Cardio Questions...

billmd1334
03-12-09, 5:33 pm
I'm currently cutting, and I'm working out 4 days a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio post workout. I just recently bought an elliptical for my house so I am going to do a day or two of cardio at home. My questions are.

What should my pre/post workout cardio nutrition be?

How long should I do cardio on my off days... I am currently at about 14% bf... trying to finish leaning out.

Any advice would be awesome, thanks!

Sidle
03-12-09, 5:41 pm
I know some people like to do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning,
and yet others like to eat protein before.
Do whatever feels right for you.
Personally, I can do nothing on an empty stomach.
I would also say protein afterwards with a simple sugar?
I use a protein shake + 40 jelly beans after my workout.

I'm fairly new to BB so feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Mr. Dead
03-12-09, 5:55 pm
Hmmm... I do cardio twice a day for my prep, currently, and in the AM I do it on an empty stomach, and then have my "breakfast" (protein shake and a serving of oatmeal...) a half hour afterwards... When I do it after my workout, I have a serving of Ultra Iso Whey and a 3 oz chicken breast... I guess it depends on your own carb sensitivity and how much bodyfat you want to lose...

Jonisocool
03-13-09, 1:02 am
I like to pop a protein shake when I wake up, then hit some cardio/GPP if I were to do it on an empty stomache. But then it wouldnt really be an empty stomache lol. and then maybe mix some powdered BCAA's or EAA's to drink during the cardio. And then a whey shake after, then breakfast later :P Yes, we go thru whey protein in this house like its candy.

cogz
03-13-09, 1:15 am
you can just take some bcaa's in the am and then the cardio, or one scoop of whey, or a cup of coffee then breakfast after the cardio. after the workout i just get right to the cardio and the after i take my post workout shake