PDA

View Full Version : shoulder mass!!

BeastCook
03-12-09, 8:13 pm
should i stick to just shoulder presses and shrugs for a mass building shoulder workout or should i do all the side laterals and bent over raises, upright rows etc.

AFTazz06
03-12-09, 8:26 pm
should i stick to just shoulder presses and shrugs for a mass building shoulder workout or should i do all the side laterals and bent over raises, upright rows etc.

Side lats will build the side delts which gives off the wide look for the upper body. Shoulder press is a good mass builder for all 3 heads of the delts but your gonna want to attack each head individually so they all grow equally. Definetly attack the rear delts, never leave them out, without fully developed rear delts you get that half mellon look, you want the bowling ball look instead, full roundness.

prowrestler
03-12-09, 8:33 pm
overhead free weight pressing
upright rows of various styles/tempos
side and rear fly

mritter3
03-12-09, 8:35 pm
i would stick with the compound movements first to build them up a little, then go for the individual work/isolation work.

shizz702
03-12-09, 8:40 pm
Your main staple for shoulders should be the overhead press. Get strong on that and you will have nice shoulder development.

NickSP
03-12-09, 8:44 pm
I don't consider traps part of the shoulders, but that's kinda besides the point.
IMO presses aren't enough if you're talking about looking as good as possible, hit up laterals and reverse flyes.