PDA

View Full Version : Made Up My Mind

stolzenator
03-12-09, 11:29 pm
Bodybuilding. Its my chosen hobby. Its my chosen life.

Some people, they'll build model airplanes. Or ships bottles. Maybe restore a old car or build shit outta wood. Us, we build our own body. Like a carpenter, we build our frames up. Laborously adding pound after pound of muscle with grueling sessions under the iron. Then, like a sculptor, we chisel it away. Revealing rock-hard muscles and deep striations, grinding it out on the treadmill.

Our chosen hobby isn't like anyone else's though. We can't put our hobby away when we're tired of it. We can't set it down and vow to come back when we're ready. It's with us, day in and day out. Its a lifestyle. You can't commit to it halfheartedly. You can't do it only when it's convenient.

People don't understand us for that. "One meal won't hurt you!" "Oh c'mon, its just one drink!" "But baby, I want you to stay here, don't go do cardio now." They call it obsession, craziness, stupid. I call it commitment, discipline, desire.

Bodybuilding. It's my hobby. It's my lifestyle. And I've made up my mind. I'll do what it takes.

jonschmid
03-12-09, 11:42 pm
that should be in the next poster

cogz
03-13-09, 12:17 am
glad to see you said lifestyle, cause its not just a hobby, it is a way of life that we need to give a 100% to everyday. it might ruin friendships, relationships, and interactions with family, but fuck it this is the life we have chosen. i dont care if others dont understand me and what and why im doing this, this is for me not for them

Little Z
03-13-09, 12:19 am
word son.

seriously.. everyone keep your eyes and ears peeled for this dude.. remember the name Stolz.. we seriously will be hearing it..
time and time again..

bro I hate knowing you are leavin OSU, but you gotta do whats best.. I will definitely come visit, and you gotta come see us at the Arnold!

Madcat
03-13-09, 12:29 pm
Good read/post man. Very true.

BB
03-13-09, 12:32 pm
strong post and very true.

firsthorseman97
03-13-09, 12:34 pm
I don't think it could be said any better.

dedsqtbnch
03-15-09, 3:36 am

agree

eric downey
03-15-09, 5:44 am
Bodybuilding. Its my chosen hobby. Its my chosen life.

Some people, they'll build model airplanes. Or ships bottles. Maybe restore a old car or build shit outta wood. Us, we build our own body. Like a carpenter, we build our frames up. Laborously adding pound after pound of muscle with grueling sessions under the iron. Then, like a sculptor, we chisel it away. Revealing rock-hard muscles and deep striations, grinding it out on the treadmill.

Our chosen hobby isn't like anyone else's though. We can't put our hobby away when we're tired of it. We can't set it down and vow to come back when we're ready. It's with us, day in and day out. Its a lifestyle. You can't commit to it halfheartedly. You can't do it only when it's convenient.

People don't understand us for that. "One meal won't hurt you!" "Oh c'mon, its just one drink!" "But baby, I want you to stay here, don't go do cardio now." They call it obsession, craziness, stupid. I call it commitment, discipline, desire.

Bodybuilding. It's my hobby. It's my lifestyle. And I've made up my mind. I'll do what it takes.

words i think my bro G Diesel would love.

Psycho77
03-15-09, 6:31 am
thats going on my gym's wall.

nice work stolzenator

xMATT182x
03-15-09, 6:44 am
awesome, thats all I got.

stolzenator
03-15-09, 3:04 pm

haha man itd be awesome to have written a poster! 4:27am, thats my favorite.

glad to see you said lifestyle, cause its not just a hobby, it is a way of life that we need to give a 100% to everyday. it might ruin friendships, relationships, and interactions with family, but fuck it this is the life we have chosen. i dont care if others dont understand me and what and why im doing this, this is for me not for them

amen brother. there are times when there has to be some ego and selfishness involved in this sport. you do what you have to to get where you need to be. no questions, no stopping along the way

word son.

seriously.. everyone keep your eyes and ears peeled for this dude.. remember the name Stolz.. we seriously will be hearing it..
time and time again..

bro I hate knowing you are leavin OSU, but you gotta do whats best.. I will definitely come visit, and you gotta come see us at the Arnold!

if nothin else, i really wanna make it for the arnold every year. see the whole animal family and hit the national abc... what aa great weekend.

words i think my bro G Diesel would love.

G Deisel, the mans got a way with words.

thats going on my gym's wall.

nice work stolzenator

i'd be honored to have it on there!