PDA

View Full Version : Being an old guy sucks

RhinoJoe
03-14-09, 12:20 pm
I will hit 51 next month and having spent part of last weekend watching the Animals at the Cage, I can only say one thing: being old sucks. I remember the big lifts, I remember the wide lats, I remember the swollen quads, but that all seems gone now. No matter how I bust my ass in the gym, no matter how I suck down supplements, no matter now "positive" my attitude, the big muscles and big iron are a thing of the past. It really sucks. Now it seems I am doomed to just watching the bodyfat and trying to "maintain." Damn! I hate that word! Until I got "old," I would never even have thought of maintaining. I was either getting better or getting worse. I mean, I have no complaints about how I look right now, it's just not how I used to look. And I'm not nearly as strong. IT SUX!

Anyone out there got any advice for an old guy? Are there any tricks or killer supps that can help me get close to where I once was? Does anyone know of any research being done for us old has-beens? I've been at the iron game awhile (and I think I know what I am doing) I've tried everything I can think of, so any help would definitely not suck.

sanga
03-14-09, 12:32 pm
You are as old as you feel mate, train your arse off to get what you want.

Look at Firdrakes Journey, he is older than you.

Take a look at some of the Pros, they are in their 40s.

Looking into Test, Stack and M-Stak may be worth while for you.

Hoomgar
03-14-09, 1:27 pm
Animal Stak is an older guys best friend.

RhinoJoe
03-15-09, 12:30 pm
Gonna start back on Paks and Staks this week...I'll keep you all posted, if you really give a shit.

JUGGERNAUT
03-15-09, 1:19 pm
We give a s***.

widdlewade44
03-15-09, 1:25 pm
Gonna start back on Paks and Staks this week...I'll keep you all posted, if you really give a shit.

I'm taking currently taking Stak (and I always use Animalpak), so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. We do care here on the FORVM and good luck on your Journey brother. One day and workout at a time...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Hoomgar
03-16-09, 11:54 am

Do it up man. Most of us here more than give a s***, this is what we do. Full support man. Get yours.

Hg

RhinoJoe
03-17-09, 5:09 pm
Ok...half way through week one of "Operation Old Guy." Going ok so far. Haven't really noticed a difference yet with the Staks. Gonna give it some time.

Thought I would post my stats from Day One, just for bookkeeping sake. All measurements taken cold, no pump, no flex.

Height: 6'-0"
Weight: 232#
BF: 17.5%
Neck: 17.5"
Chest: 49"
Waist: 37"
Biceps: 18"
Quads: 24.5"
Forearms: 13.5"
Calves: 16"

Geez, I see a lot of room for improvement! Gonna give it hell and see what happens.

JUGGERNAUT
03-17-09, 5:22 pm
Ok...half way through week one of "Operation Old Guy." Going ok so far. Haven't really noticed a difference yet with the Staks. Gonna give it some time.

Thought I would post my stats from Day One, just for bookkeeping sake. All measurements taken cold, no pump, no flex.

Height: 6'-0"
Weight: 232#
BF: 17.5%
Neck: 17.5"
Chest: 49"
Waist: 37"
Biceps: 18"
Quads: 24.5"
Forearms: 13.5"
Calves: 16"

Geez, I see a lot of room for improvement! Gonna give it hell and see what happens.

STAKS kick in in about 2-3 weeks for most and are even better second cycle after your 1 week lay off. I generally do 3 cycles and then take 2-4 weeks off before going again. When you hit a wall on either M STAK/STAK go for the ANIMAL TEST, that is just insane.

Hoomgar
03-18-09, 11:53 am

Well now you know what needs to be done my man. You know you can do this. We are all here to support you as you go.

STAKS kick in in about 2-3 weeks for most and are even better second cycle after your 1 week lay off. I generally do 3 cycles and then take 2-4 weeks off before going again. When you hit a wall on either M STAK/STAK go for the ANIMAL TEST, that is just insane.

x2 what J said here. Give it time. Make sure diet is on!

Hg

Vinny G
03-18-09, 12:05 pm
hey brother, at 41..i'm not far behind.

i'm in the same boat, i feel the same way......but i have found that FOOD above all is the key....my brothers at ANIMAL know me well, and will tell you that they have seen me stay in better shape this year by eating better ALL YEAR LONG.

supplements are an INSURANCE pollicy to get what you need.

TRAINING.....warm up good and long, and you will be surprised at what you can do to put muscle on....i'm doing it and i'll be 42 next month.

at 42 i'll be a rookie in the IFBB, and i'm fucking planing on making some 20 something year oldS wish i retired a Long time ago.

keep a positive attidue.

Vinny G
03-19-09, 8:27 am

i follow the same

RhinoJoe
03-21-09, 11:16 am
Insane just may be what I am looking for!

RhinoJoe
03-25-09, 10:32 am
Just a quick update. I'm halfway through week 2 and I am starting to notice a much better attitude and more energy. Not like I'm amped or anything, just that I really am looking forward to each workout, and I don't hit the wall near the end. Could it be the Staks? I don't know. Endorphins? Possibly. Too much coffee? Never! Whatever it is, it's good. I hope it gets better.

I'll keep ya posted.

Hoomgar
03-26-09, 10:06 am
Way to go Joe. Keep it rolling man. Hit up some lean steaks :)

RhinoJoe
04-03-09, 10:55 am
Well, ending week 3 and, yeah, I am definitely noticing something kicking in. On my off day this week, it literally took all I had to NOT workout! And the next day was killer!

I haven't really made any serious increases in weights (yet), but my intensity is coming back like a freight train. My stats are all pretty much the same (heck it's only been 3 weeks!).

So, now, I take a week off the cycle and we'll see what happens next.

Also, got a few zits, so I guess the test is kicking in.

Hoomgar
04-03-09, 1:00 pm
Well, ending week 3 and, yeah, I am definitely noticing something kicking in. On my off day this week, it literally took all I had to NOT workout! And the next day was killer!

I haven't really made any serious increases in weights (yet), but my intensity is coming back like a freight train. My stats are all pretty much the same (heck it's only been 3 weeks!).

So, now, I take a week off the cycle and we'll see what happens next.

Also, got a few zits, so I guess the test is kicking in.

Boom! It's workin my man. Keep right with what you are doing. Very nice!

Hg

RhinoJoe
04-14-09, 12:18 pm
Back on the Staks this week. So far, so good.

One question: has anyone ever heard of or experienced "the blues" on your off-cycle week? I don't want to call it "depression," but for the first half of my off-cycle week, I wasn't feeling very happy at all. Is this normal?

Of course, this may have had something to do with having my 51st birthday that week, I don't know. lol.

machineman
04-14-09, 12:26 pm
hey Joe....keep on working, man.....I'm along for the ride.....

Hoomgar
04-14-09, 1:19 pm
Back on the Staks this week. So far, so good.

One question: has anyone ever heard of or experienced "the blues" on your off-cycle week? I don't want to call it "depression," but for the first half of my off-cycle week, I wasn't feeling very happy at all. Is this normal?

Of course, this may have had something to do with having my 51st birthday that week, I don't know. lol.

Joe, it can happen. Especially when you are older. Us older guys really benefit from the test boosters but cycling off can also give a bit of a roller coaster affect. Try some Ginko Biloba and extra vitamin C during your off cycle. Also take a break from stims if you use a lot.

Also what you allow to run through your mind during that time has a big impact on your mood. Focus on the stuff that fires you up and motivates you.

You may be 51 but you are doing this!

Hg

RhinoJoe
04-14-09, 8:52 pm
Joe, it can happen. Especially when you are older. Us older guys really benefit from the test boosters but cycling off can also give a bit of a roller coaster affect. Try some Ginko Biloba and extra vitamin C during your off cycle. Also take a break from stims if you use a lot.

Also what you allow to run through your mind during that time has a big impact on your mood. Focus on the stuff that fires you up and motivates you.

You may be 51 but you are doing this!

Hg

Yeah, I'm doing it......my body (and my brain) is rebelling all the way, but I am doing it!

Good advice, thanks. I'll be ready for the next off-cycle.

Hoomgar
04-15-09, 3:41 pm
Yeah, I'm doing it......my body (and my brain) is rebelling all the way, but I am doing it!

Good advice, thanks. I'll be ready for the next off-cycle.

Good on ya Joe. I mean it bro. Keep on keepin on.

RhinoJoe
04-17-09, 5:21 pm
it's been about a month, so I thought I would post my updated measurements. Here they are:

Height: 6'-0" - No change (thank God)
Weight: 232# - No change
BF: 16.6% -down 0.9%
Neck: 18" - up 0.5"
Chest: 50" - up 1"
Waist: 37" - No change
Biceps: 19" - up 1"
Quads: 25" - up 0.5"
Forearms: 14" - up 0.5"
Calves: 16" - No change

Slowly but surely............

RhinoJoe
05-26-09, 6:12 pm
Another month or so has gone by, so I took more measurements. What's going on? Nothing has changed much, and my arms actually shrunk 1/2". I know I lost some BF, but did I really have that much fat on my arms? I don't get it. Just so you all know, I have been doing a 5X5 program with moderately heavy weights, so I think things should have grown. Yes? No? I'm a little surprised, but a little more pissed.

Weight: 232# - No change - (interesting - I think the scale is broke)
BF: 14.6% -down 2%
Neck: 18" - No change
Chest: 50" - No change
Waist: 36" - down 1"
Biceps: 18.5" - down 1/2"?
Quads: 25" - No change
Forearms: 14" - No change
Calves: 16" - No change

fenix237
05-26-09, 6:25 pm
maybe you need more cals???

post up your diet if possible

stay strong bro, you're doing great- keep it going!

Hoomgar
05-27-09, 12:59 pm
Weight: 232# - No change - (interesting - I think the scale is broke)

This is a key tip that good things are taking place. You say your waist is down but your body weight has not changed. That can only mean one thing my man. Fat has been burnt and muscle tissue has been built.

maybe you need more cals???

post up your diet if possible

stay strong bro, you're doing great- keep it going!

x2 this. It takes time. And a lot more time when we are older. Be patient with yourself and your gains. They are coming from what I see you posting. Up your clean cals a little bit. Eat even more proteins. Stick with it consistently and over time, more and more, day by day, week by week and month by month you will continue to grow further and further away from what you don't want and towards what you do want.

Never stop! Keep pounding and eating. It works.

Hg

RhinoJoe
05-31-09, 12:40 pm
Ok, you guys wanted to see what I'm eating, so here it is. This is a generic, average day's eating. When I have access to a buffet (rarely), all bets are off!

Upon waking
˝ c fat-free yogurt

Breakfast (thanks Rev!)
˝ c Oatmeal
˝ scoop whey
4 egg whites (powdered)
1 tb natural peanut butter
Cinnamon

Pre-Workout (training days only - otherwise 1/2 c yogurt with fruit)
Whey shake

Post-Workout (training days only)
Whey shake with 4 powdered egg whites, glutamine and fruit added

Lunch
1 1/2 cans albacore or 4 turkey deli slices
slice or two of cheese
1 tb mayonnaise
1 slice Whole wheat bread

Snack
˝ c yogurt
Fruit

Dinner
Beef, chicken, turkey or fish (whatever stays still long enough)
Veggies
Wild brown rice

Before bed
˝ c yogurt with fruit

Hoomgar
08-03-09, 4:35 pm
Hey Joe, whats good these days man?

JUGGERNAUT
08-03-09, 4:55 pm
Let's see the training split too.

RhinoJoe
08-04-09, 9:44 am
Hey Joe, whats good these days man?

Got a little frustrated with my progress. Nothing was really happening. Kinda why I started this thread. Plus I got tired of whining. Then of course, life got in the way. I had some financial and health issues that demanded my concentration and as a result, I haven't been as consistent at the gym as I should have been, but that's gonna change here soon.

Had my test tested and it's a little low, but doc says not low enough to do anything about. I'm looking into some OTC supps that may help with that. But, I guess I just gotta suck it up and head back to the gym. Man, I am not looking forward to the DMS!

JUGGERNAUT
08-04-09, 9:54 am
Got a little frustrated with my progress. Nothing was really happening. Kinda why I started this thread. Plus I got tired of whining. Then of course, life got in the way. I had some financial and health issues that demanded my concentration and as a result, I haven't been as consistent at the gym as I should have been, but that's gonna change here soon.

Had my test tested and it's a little low, but doc says not low enough to do anything about. I'm looking into some OTC supps that may help with that. But, I guess I just gotta suck it up and head back to the gym. Man, I am not looking forward to the DMS!

OTC supps? That would be Animal Stak or Animal Test. Glad you are back posting, keep it up and start to map out a consistant plan to follow for good health and training. Your natural test and GH levels will go up when you train. Glad your health issues are under control now.

RhinoJoe
08-05-09, 12:01 pm
OTC supps? That would be Animal Stak or Animal Test. Glad you are back posting, keep it up and start to map out a consistant plan to follow for good health and training. Your natural test and GH levels will go up when you train. Glad your health issues are under control now.

Actually, I was thinking of ZMA Pro for right now and see what that does. If nothing happens, I'll move to Test.

JUGGERNAUT
08-05-09, 12:08 pm
Actually, I was thinking of ZMA Pro for right now and see what that does. If nothing happens, I'll move to Test.

Try that ZMA before bed, it's a good PM formula. After you have used 2 bottles of ZMA (as directed) move up to Animal Stak for 3 back to back cycles (3 weeks on 1 week off) before Animal Test...go in stages.

Post up your training.

RhinoJoe
08-06-09, 7:09 pm
Thanks, Juggernaut, will do.

As for the program, I'm starting off easy, doing a 2-day push-pull split for the first couple of weeks since I've been pretty much off for about a month. Then I'm looking at a 5x5 that I was doing awhile ago.

Goes like this:

Day 1
Squat 5x5
Leg Press 5x5
Standing Calf Raise 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 3x12

Day 2
Bench Press 5x5
Incline Bench Press 5x5
Close Grip Bench Press 5x5
Cable Pushdown 3x8

Day 3
Off

Day 4
Bent-Over Barbell Row 5x5
Pulldown 5x5
DB Bent Over Row 3x8
EZ Bar Curl 5x5
DB Curl 3x8

Day 5
Seated Overhead Press 5x5
Barbell Shrug 5x5
Lateral Raise 3x8
Rear Raise 3x8
Front Raise 3x8

Day 6
Deadlift 5x5
Lying Leg Curl 3x8

Day 7
Off

Any suggestions?

JUGGERNAUT
08-07-09, 10:29 am
Personally I would switch your dead day 6 to day 4, then do day 5, then day 4 like this below.

Day 6
Deadlift 5x5
Lying Leg Curl 3x8

Day 5
Seated Overhead Press 5x5
Barbell Shrug 5x5
Lateral Raise 3x8
Rear Raise 3x8
Front Raise 3x8

Day 4
Bent-Over Barbell Row 5x5
Pulldown 5x5
DB Bent Over Row 3x8
EZ Bar Curl 5x5
DB Curl 3x8

RhinoJoe
08-08-09, 12:36 pm
Personally I would switch your dead day 6 to day 4, then do day 5, then day 4 like this below.

Looks good, I'll give it a shot.

RhinoJoe
08-12-09, 3:57 pm
Screw this noise! It's only halfway through the second week, and I'm tired already of the pansy-assed two-day split. I need a real workout! My muscles are screaming for low reps and big weights! I think I'm gonna start the 5x5 this coming Monday. We'll see how I feel on Sunday and go from there.

Hoomgar
08-12-09, 4:20 pm
Screw this noise! It's only halfway through the second week, and I'm tired already of the pansy-assed two-day split. I need a real workout! My muscles are screaming for low reps and big weights! I think I'm gonna start the 5x5 this coming Monday. We'll see how I feel on Sunday and go from there.

I hear ya Joe. Anything less than "heavy" and low reps and I feel like I'm idling. Although I've run myself out already pretty good doing lighter weight and higher reps but it mostly just makes me feel sick. I found that 3 to 4 days a week for my age seems to be just right. Anything less isn't enough and anything more doesn't afford me enough recovery between workouts.

RhinoJoe
08-17-09, 8:46 am
It's Monday morning 5:30 am or so. Had a decent restful weekend. Got a training client then gonna start the 5x5 today. Be prepared for lots of griping about sore this and aching that. I'll keep you posted.

RhinoJoe
08-17-09, 4:37 pm
Blasted legs today. Man, how I missed the big weights! Well, they're not quite big yet, but bigger than I WAS doing (silly 2-day split). I feel new PR's real soon.

JUGGERNAUT
08-17-09, 4:39 pm
See, you are shaping up just fine. You are going to like your stay here. Best part, is you will look like a different person same time next year.

JUGGERNAUT
08-17-09, 4:41 pm
Might have to change your title to. "Being an old guy sucked until I started training."

Hoomgar
08-17-09, 4:43 pm
Might have to change your title to. "Being an old guy sucked until I started training."

Ha ha yea. And where is all the whining about being sore and stuff I was told I could find in here? All I see is all this talk about how great it was to hit the weights again?

RhinoJoe
08-19-09, 3:15 pm
Ha ha yea. And where is all the whining about being sore and stuff I was told I could find in here? All I see is all this talk about how great it was to hit the weights again?
Well, being an old guy still sucks, I just don't feel old anymore! And the whining? I must be doing something right because I'm really not sore at all. I'm halfway through the week, and though my lower back keeps asking, "What in the world are you doing to me?" there really isn't any soreness or pain to speak of. We'll see what happens when I really start to move some serious weights.

Hoomgar
08-20-09, 12:38 am
Well, being an old guy still sucks, I just don't feel old anymore! And the whining? I must be doing something right because I'm really not sore at all. I'm halfway through the week, and though my lower back keeps asking, "What in the world are you doing to me?" there really isn't any soreness or pain to speak of. We'll see what happens when I really start to move some serious weights.

Good stuff Joe. I hear ya on the back thing ha ha! Work your way back up to them big weights man. Sounds good to me. Time to get some!

Hg

RhinoJoe
08-21-09, 1:09 pm
Just for fun, I did a stress-echocardiogram yesterday. For those of you who don't know what that is, they strap you (literally) to a treadmill, make you run until you feel like you're gonna puke and then watch your heartbeat on the EKG and look at it on the ultrasound machine. The results? I kicked that treadmill's ass and made it my bitch! Everything looks good, except I have what they call premature ventricular contraction, which is basically harmless palpitations. Most likely due to stress. No biggy and certainly no excuse to be lame. So, basically, I got the green light to 'go big.' As my bro says, "Bring on the pain!" Watch out, The Rhino may be 51, but he's not ready to lie down and die just yet.

JUGGERNAUT
08-21-09, 1:24 pm
Great news man and at 51, you are nowhere near death. 51 is the new 35, so you have 65 more years of training till you live forever as a legend in iron!

RhinoJoe
08-23-09, 1:41 pm
Made it through the first week no problem. It feels really good to be doing the "old standards" again. I must have been wussing out the last couple of years or something, because this feels like a real workout. FINALLY!

One question: anyone have any suggestions on Beta-Alanine dosing? As suggested by the great oracle called the internet, I'm taking it with my creatine pre-workout drink 30 minutes before the workout and then again by itself 4 hours later. Sound good?

JUGGERNAUT
08-24-09, 9:58 am
Made it through the first week no problem. It feels really good to be doing the "old standards" again. I must have been wussing out the last couple of years or something, because this feels like a real workout. FINALLY!

One question: anyone have any suggestions on Beta-Alanine dosing? As suggested by the great oracle called the internet, I'm taking it with my creatine pre-workout drink 30 minutes before the workout and then again by itself 4 hours later. Sound good?

The internet is a scary place so just stay at home here. You might be getting info online that leads you to believe some other company’s products are the best and that is how you use them. Most people are doing shock therapy before then intra-aid during then storm after. If I'm in a rush to get out of the door before the gym I just do the Intra-Aid before I leave and that has BA in it. I like EAA's just after, wait 15-20 minutes then maybe storm or Real Gains. (Just me)

RhinoJoe
08-24-09, 2:17 pm
Blasted the legs again today. I'm starting to love this stuff. And I'm starting to hate it too. It's a love/hate relationship, I guess.

Hoomgar
08-24-09, 2:28 pm
Blasted the legs again today. I'm starting to love this stuff. And I'm starting to hate it too. It's a love/hate relationship, I guess.

Now we are back on track in here. I'm hearing all the right stuff. Eat up Joe. Gotta eat that soreness away man. Enjoy the revival brother.

Hg

HeavyG
08-24-09, 10:41 pm

Just wanted to say Joe that I found your Journey today and I am along for the ride.. I was just complaining about me turning 41 this year and you are doing what I am about to try to do.

RhinoJoe
08-25-09, 8:27 am
Just wanted to say Joe that I found your Journey today and I am along for the ride.. I was just complaining about me turning 41 this year and you are doing what I am about to try to do.

Just let me know if I can help. One thing I can say is, your brain is going to tell you you're too old for this, and the body chimes in every once in awhile saying the same thing, but once you get past that, you will realize that there is not much you cannot do if you approach it properly and intelligently. I am finding what was true when I was younger is true now, that the body is a wonderfully created machine, but it needs proper care (nutrition, rest, exercise) to function at its best. The science is out there, let's use it to our advantage!

RhinoJoe
08-25-09, 8:29 am
Now we are back on track in here. I'm hearing all the right stuff. Eat up Joe. Gotta eat that soreness away man. Enjoy the revival brother.

Hg

And eat up I will.............

Hoomgar
08-25-09, 12:09 pm
Just let me know if I can help. One thing I can say is, your brain is going to tell you you're too old for this, and the body chimes in every once in awhile saying the same thing, but once you get past that, you will realize that there is not much you cannot do if you approach it properly and intelligently. I am finding what was true when I was younger is true now, that the body is a wonderfully created machine, but it needs proper care (nutrition, rest, exercise) to function at its best. The science is out there, let's use it to our advantage!

I see the fire burning now Joe. Glad to see you getting it back like this. You are firing me up now!

rev8ball
08-25-09, 12:35 pm
(Had to say that after seeing the movie 2 weeks ago....lol)

Good to see that your journey is crankin' along nicely. I'm subed now....

In regards to bA:
As far as amount, the studies have used 4-6g a day. Timing of the dosages is nothing that is set in stone yet. Breaking the 4-6g up throughout the day is usually preferred just to keep the parathesia to a tolerable level. Prior to workout is generally acceptable, but that's about it. Research is currently being done (in CT and OK) to see how (and if) different timing impacts effectiveness. We'll see what happens.

Best of luck!

RhinoJoe
08-29-09, 12:30 pm
I just finished my last workout of week 2. Things are happening! I can't wait for week 3! And, I can't wait for measurement day. I am holding off on measuring myself until week 4, but I have a feeling things are going to be significantly different!

RhinoJoe
08-31-09, 10:08 pm
If my legs feel like limp noodles, it must be leg day. All I can say is, "Squat or Die!"

Durrikan
09-01-09, 10:24 am
What's up Joe? Just another "Old guy" stopping by with more encourgement... you are right being old sucks big time. But you know what. I get through it every day and am able to stay focused on the big picture...yeah yeah it's hard damn hard to make gains but we are still making them, just not as fast as we did when we were younger. so stay in there and remember it's all about attitude.

If your mind ain't in it, then neither is your body.

RhinoJoe
09-01-09, 12:47 pm
What's up Joe? Just another "Old guy" stopping by with more encourgement... you are right being old sucks big time. But you know what. I get through it every day and am able to stay focused on the big picture...yeah yeah it's hard damn hard to make gains but we are still making them, just not as fast as we did when we were younger. so stay in there and remember it's all about attitude.

If your mind ain't in it, then neither is your body.

Amen, brother!

RhinoJoe
09-01-09, 6:33 pm
Things are happening indeed. I FEEL stronger, even though I had to struggle this morning with 315 on the bench. I'm gonna give it a little more time. I think it's gonna turn around here quick.

Hoomgar
09-02-09, 11:25 am
Well you are blowing me away now you old guy ;) Keep it up Joe! The ball is rolling man.

RhinoJoe
09-05-09, 10:25 am
Just beat the crap outta the last workout of week three. I'm really feeling great, but I'm also really looking forward to the day off.

Durrikan
09-05-09, 10:32 am
Just beat the crap outta the last workout of week three. I'm really feeling great, but I'm also really looking forward to the day off.

you're killing it bro...and out doing this old guy too...keep up the good work

RhinoJoe
09-07-09, 3:21 pm
Legs today. Just finished blowing out some squats. Brother, if you are not squatting, you need to be. As long as you are physically able, why don't you put away all of your lame-ass excuses and SQUAT!! I'm convinced there is no better exercise (though deadlifts come awful close). You'll never get anywhere without 'em!

RhinoJoe
09-08-09, 4:45 pm
Chest today. Went really well. Man, I swear if the world had an ass, I would be kicking it today. Just feeling really obnoxious (more than usual).

Hoomgar
09-09-09, 10:28 am
Legs today. Just finished blowing out some squats. Brother, if you are not squatting, you need to be. As long as you are physically able, why don't you put away all of your lame-ass excuses and SQUAT!! I'm convinced there is no better exercise (though deadlifts come awful close). You'll never get anywhere without 'em!

Agreed.

Chest today. Went really well. Man, I swear if the world had an ass, I would be kicking it today. Just feeling really obnoxious (more than usual).

Good times Joe. You are a different man than the one who started this thread. It's good to see. Rip it up!

Hg

RhinoJoe
09-09-09, 4:08 pm
I LOVE DEADLIFTS! There's just something about pulling the weight off the floor that gets me going. Amidst the chalk dust, sweat and spit swirling in the air, you grab the bar, grunt and pull. What could be a whole lot better than that? Now I'm hungry.

RhinoJoe
09-09-09, 4:09 pm
Agreed.

Good times Joe. You are a different man than the one who started this thread. It's good to see. Rip it up!

Hg

Yup, I agree. I'm not sure what happened, but I like it!

RhinoJoe
09-10-09, 8:49 am
Day off today. And I earned it. Back at it manana.

Hoomgar
09-10-09, 11:42 am
Day off today. And I earned it. Back at it manana.

Enjoy it Joe. Eat up and rest man :)

RhinoJoe
09-12-09, 9:56 pm
Finished off week 4. Am I the only one who really gets a kick outta barbell bent over rows?

Durrikan
09-13-09, 12:40 am
Finished off week 4. Am I the only one who really gets a kick outta barbell bent over rows?

naw I do them also usually 5sets although this friday I only got in 3 due to
a virus and raging fever...still made it to the gym and got my workout in for
the most part though...sat and sun is rest days so monday hopefully I'll be
good to go lol

RhinoJoe
09-13-09, 10:42 am
naw I do them also usually 5sets although this friday I only got in 3 due to
a virus and raging fever...still made it to the gym and got my workout in for
the most part though...sat and sun is rest days so monday hopefully I'll be
good to go lol

Rest up and give it hell on Monday!

RhinoJoe
09-15-09, 9:29 am
Legs yesterday was tough. I was tired and emotionally beat. Have a lot going on here at home again. But I did it, and today I will hit chest, regardless of what is going on. I have a goal and there is not a lot that is going to keep me from doing my best to reach it. Plain and simple.

RhinoJoe
09-15-09, 4:12 pm
Finished chest. Forget this off day stuff (yesterday sucked). Today I felt like I could put the bar through the ceiling.

Oh, yeah, I was going to post my measurements from last week. Here they are:

Weight: 240# - up 8#
BF: 13.6% -down 1%
Neck: 19" - up 1"
Chest: 50" - no change
Waist: 36.5" - up .5"
Biceps: 19" - up .5"
Quads: 26" - up 1"
Forearms: 15" - up 1"
Calves: 17" - up 1"

This rocks!

RhinoJoe
09-16-09, 5:35 pm
Deadlifts again today. Good stuff.

You know, you can't fake deadlifts. Squats, you may not go all the way down. Bench press, you can bounce it off your chest (not recommended). But deadlifts, you either lift it or you don't. No gray areas here. This is how we separate the sheep from the goats, as they say.

rev8ball
09-16-09, 6:17 pm
Deadlifts again today. Good stuff.

You know, you can't fake deadlifts. Squats, you may not go all the way down. Bench press, you can bounce it off your chest (not recommended). But deadlifts, you either lift it or you don't. No gray areas here. This is how we separate the sheep from the goats, as they say.

How come you always have to bring sheep into it, bro?.......LOL
Good stuff - keep up the hard work.