PDA

View Full Version : We were literally speechless....

Steel_Claddagh
03-16-09, 1:04 am
My girl, lil Ms. Belladiabla13 here on the forvm, and I were finished with our wokout today and had a lilttle time to kill, so we were doin some cardio...OK, picture this.... "retired junior high P.E. teacher" gray crew-cut, purple velour track suit, towel placed smartly around his neck so he has something to hold on to while he's pedaling his RECUMBENT BIKE.... his son/grandson/whatever, 'bout 8-10 years old, comes over and sits down beside him...This guy starts SCREAMING at him "get back on that treadmill, you owe me 30 more minutes, and then youre gonna lift weights!" and I mean , heard across the gym screaming at him.. We both started over there, but STAFF beat us to it, told the guy to chill out or leave, he makes some smart ass comment and shuts down the bike.... So now the guy takes the kid over to an old Universal machine in the corner, and P.E. teacher starts, I swear to Christ, doing Lat Pulldowns with THIRTY POUNDS and is counting them out loud, grunting, sweating, blowin air out with each pulldown.... This clown does 200, YUP, 200, 30 lb. Lat Pulldowns, lets the last one drop with the kind of steel crashing thud that only 30 lbs can make, looks at the kid and says, and I quote..." now THATS how you lift weights!"

Little Z
03-16-09, 1:23 am
bro..

its amazing to me how people are. i mean yeah we are "big huge muscle men" (and women.. sorry bella)

but we are all human beings.. now this dude had to obviously be with his grandson, and to act that way and yell at him.. let alone being
in public at a gym.. that makes me sick.. this dude is giving this kid a lasting impression.. who knows maybe he thinks "if i lift weights
im going to end up like gramps" and who the hell would want to do that?.. i wish you guys were closer so i could get you to my gym..
but until then we will just have to deal with the golf shorts, popped collars and PE Teacher DI's.. keep trainin bro and ill see you guys soon..

belladiabla13
03-16-09, 9:36 am
My girl, lil Ms. Belladiabla13 here on the forvm, and I were finished with our wokout today and had a lilttle time to kill, so we were doin some cardio...OK, picture this.... "retired junior high P.E. teacher" gray crew-cut, purple velour track suit, towel placed smartly around his neck so he has something to hold on to while he's pedaling his RECUMBENT BIKE.... his son/grandson/whatever, 'bout 8-10 years old, comes over and sits down beside him...This guy starts SCREAMING at him "get back on that treadmill, you owe me 30 more minutes, and then youre gonna lift weights!" and I mean , heard across the gym screaming at him.. We both started over there, but STAFF beat us to it, told the guy to chill out or leave, he makes some smart ass comment and shuts down the bike.... So now the guy takes the kid over to an old Universal machine in the corner, and P.E. teacher starts, I swear to Christ, doing Lat Pulldowns with THIRTY POUNDS and is counting them out loud, grunting, sweating, blowin air out with each pulldown.... This clown does 200, YUP, 200, 30 lb. Lat Pulldowns, lets the last one drop with the kind of steel crashing thud that only 30 lbs can make, looks at the kid and says, and I quote..." now THATS how you lift weights!"

I wanted to kick the jerk in his big gut. Here he sat his BIG ASS on the bike barely working. Shouting and demanding that baby to do more cardio on the elliptical. Anyone who thinks its annoying to hear people grunt in the gym (which we all do)has never had to listen to this fucking joke call out commands on top of his ignorant lungs!!! WE HAVE TO FIND A NEW GYM!!

Madcat
03-17-09, 10:37 am
Yo,
My rec. had a dude walking around with tiny chains around his neck yesterday. It was classic, dude is there 2 hrs a night and usually does 3-4 total sets of 2 exercises while Im there. Yet he thinks he's sweet. Nto to mention my 80lb dog would have broke those chains no problem, I was like seriouslly, youre not going to put those on the end of the bar and act like that 5 lbs per side is helping....

I think he was dreaming of being the next Kai or Branch, instead he should start competing in couch olympics and get out.

On a note, if you are in canal or reynoldsburg, check out powershack. My boy lifts there and likes the Pick. one. Im gonna join when my membership is up, but I ll be atthe Grove City one. Its more of the dungeon feel I need with all free weights and very little machines. Plus the place is tiny. Pick. is big and has alot to offer I hear.