PDA

View Full Version : Eating, where and what

TD
03-18-09, 6:33 am
Hi Guys,

Im just after a little bit of advice, iv started back at my training and im not sure if im eating correctly for what im doing, after reading loads of articles i jsut needed some help.

My Current Plan
06:00 - Cardio for 1 hour (Running / Swimming)
07:00 - Small portion of porridge made with water

12:00 - Weights to tone up a bit
13:00 - Chicken or Tuna with green Salad

18:00 - Chicken, Rice and Veg

My Goals are mainly to loose fat, but whilst still keeping toned up...

Can anyone suggest anything that will help me with my goals?

Thanks...

H8toSquat
03-18-09, 6:57 am
Hey mate,

I am pretty new to all this but just looking at your food intake it looks like your not eating enough food!!!

How are your energy levels day to day after eating this much??

tell us a few more things to like your weight, height and goals

and i will try to help ya with your diet.

Extreme
03-18-09, 8:27 am
Bro, looking at what ya got and it seems to me like you're not eating enough. How's the metabolism, fast, slow, average? In my personal experience I burn fat faster when I eat at least 6 meals a day, they're small, but they keep the metabolism crankin. I also see that there is no protein in the first meal, after the 1 hour of cardio. I'd suggest some sort of protein there, whether it be eggs, or a protein powder, or some kind of meat. You're giving yourself carbs, which will replenish your glycogen levels, but there's no protein in there to repair the muscle fibers after all that running/swimming. I use to be on swim team in high school so I know the amount of energy used and can understand the need for the oatmeal, but if ya want to hang onto that hard earned muscle while cutting you've got to up the protein intake. Just my $.02

TD
03-18-09, 9:04 am
Hi

My Weight is about 198lbs (90Kg), Height is 188cms (6ft 2in) Metabolism is quite slow, i sit in an office every day behind a desk...

Day to day, sat behind my desk my energy levels are rubbish, after gonig to the gym and working out feel a hell of a lot better...

My goals are to get rid of my gut that has grown sat behind this desk and to tone up generally and increase my fitness.

OK so after the gym up my protien intake with some eggs or maybe protien powder in the porridge?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

TD

violator
03-18-09, 9:19 am
bro, welcome to the forvm....good luck with the road ahead.....while ur stuck at ur desk, read around the site....its got loadsa diamonds u havent found yet....increase ur knowledge....then apply it....

check these out;

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=403

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=415

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=328

PEACE.....

C.Coronato
03-18-09, 10:59 am
You need to eat more. At least 6 meals a day. You need to speed up your metabolism ALOT, and the only way to do it is to eat every 3 hours or so.

mritter3
03-18-09, 11:24 am
hey bro, welcome to the forum, you are def. not eating enough, you should be eating every 2-3hourrs while awake that combined with a solid cardio routine will keep your metabolism still firing.

Extreme
03-18-09, 12:09 pm
Hi

OK so after the gym up my protien intake with some eggs or maybe protien powder in the porridge?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

TD

Yeah bro, get yourself a whey protein, Universal has a good one called Iso Whey. It has zero carbs for those that are trying to cut. Or if you're interested in lean mass I'd suggest Universal's Real Gains, its also a very good source of protein. And if you're not into the whole protein powder thing just make sure you've got a good piece of meat, or a couple of whole eggs and 4 or 5 egg whites. You could add the protein powder to the porridge if you wanted, but I prefer to mix mine up in a shaker and drink it, but to each his own.

SolidTongan
03-18-09, 3:11 pm
Try to eat more meals. And for your breakfast, throw in some protein as well. It's one of the few times a day where you should eat rather big...that and includin' post workout. It sends your body into an anabolic state.