PDA

View Full Version : a fly on the wall

McFly
03-18-09, 10:25 am
*aside from my journey I'm going to drop some of my random thoughts in here*

I don’t even know what it is I want but I want it bad!! For two years a college spring break beach pic has been the only thing on my refrigerator, reminding me of that 150 pound cat I once was….late August 2008 a picture of me hitting the stage for the first time joined that skin and bones picture. The “before and after” effect was mind blowing, most didn’t believe it was even me. I DID IT! After years of amassing over 110 pounds of weight to my 71.5” frame, falling in love with the iron game, finding myself and stepping up on stage, putting on display what I’ve spent the better part of 10 years building, I DID IT…….Did I? A few months ago that show pic came back down, I’m still that scrawny, frail distance runner/cyclist…

….that before and after shot is no longer good enough, I want more, I’m not done yet. I don’t know what it is, or when I’ll be able to say I DID IT and be satisfied enough to say here is the final “before and after”. … til then I’m not stopping….

JUGGERNAUT
03-18-09, 10:31 am
You have all the qualities to be great in this iron game and have all ready shocked many. YOU GOT THIS.

firsthorseman97
03-18-09, 10:38 am
Consider me subbed Andy.

Hoomgar
03-18-09, 11:28 am
You know I'm in...

mritter3
03-18-09, 11:29 am
hey Mcfly what i saw at the Cage was one hungry SOB, don't let anything get in your way.

naturalguy
03-18-09, 11:31 am
nice

Hoomgar
03-18-09, 11:32 am
A few months ago that show pic came back down, I’m still that scrawny, frail distance runner/cyclist…

….that before and after shot is no longer good enough, I want more, I’m not done yet. I don’t know what it is, or when I’ll be able to say I DID IT and be satisfied enough to say here is the final “before and after”. … til then I’m not stopping….

Oh I'm feelin this. It's out there calling you Andy. Always staying just out in front of you as you pursue it. But with each leap you take towards it, you are going further and further up the ladder, climbing higher and higher every time. And to think, that was only step 1 !!!!

The future is wide open for you big homie...

Hg

k1usa
03-18-09, 11:52 am
Bro...I just got back from the gym out here in N Cali...hit the fucker at 5am and its now 8:45am and at my desk and still shaking from the punishment...so here I am checking the forum and see your post....makes me want to head back to the gym and start over and kill more back....bro....love this shit to...cant give it up...the iron to me is like the golf club to the avid golfer....I feel what you are saying here bro..really do...you made my morning....you keep that fucking fire burning bro...never give up..or in...we are all in your corner....thats for fucken sure bro...

Russ

wedge
03-18-09, 12:25 pm

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-18-09, 12:38 pm
I Love This Shit!!!

You Sound Like Someone I Know Hmmmmmmmmm..............

me!

Im Subbed!

Mr. Dead
03-18-09, 12:45 pm
Subbed!!!

McFly
03-18-09, 1:17 pm
brothers, family....thank you for the kind words. there is no other place like the Forvm ANYWHERE.

it's been about 7 months since I stepped off that stage of my rookie year...and it's taken that time to devise a new desitination and a new do or die deadline. From the moment I was lying in bed and the plans started coming together every workout I've found myself pushing for that extra rep, thinking no one will put in more work then me, no one will train harder, no one will stand in my way. I promise you, family, a year from now you will see I held true to these words, this isn't a game....this is life.....you only get one shot

G Diesel
03-18-09, 1:26 pm
I've found myself pushing for that extra rep, thinking no one will put in more work then me, no one will train harder, no one will stand in my way. I promise you, family, a year from now you will see I held true to these words, this isn't a game....this is life.....you only get one shot

That is what I'm talking about... I got fired up just reading that shit.

Peace, G

jayanticoli
03-18-09, 1:28 pm
i agree..this will be daily material before i go torture myself..... i'm in
That is what I'm talking about... I got fired up just reading that shit.

Peace, G

McFly
03-18-09, 2:52 pm
Well I'll be dropping my thoughts in here from time to time as things hit me...as always my journey will stay moving with my training and whatever madness pops off in there.....

dannynb
03-18-09, 3:54 pm
I'm tuned....doing this myself. Came away from my shows last year deciding I want to take it to the next level. Loking forward to seeing what thoughts go through your head along the way.

Gambit
03-18-09, 3:55 pm
Definitely expecting some big thoughts from a big fella. Great write up, McFly

sanga
03-18-09, 4:29 pm
Great thread McFly, I know you will achieve whatever you want to achieve, your drive and ambition are inspirational.

Big Al
03-18-09, 5:01 pm
Fuck it I guess I better step up......Cuz I'm bangin with ya.
I feel a crazy back workout tonight.

03-18-09, 5:05 pm
This is life.....you only get one shot

That shit right there is on point sir!!! I almost punched myself in the face from being so amped after reading that right now! How am I supposed to rest up for the meet when you're throwin' down verbage like that!

Phil

Big Wides
03-18-09, 7:30 pm
This is going to be real good

LittleMan55
03-19-09, 9:11 am
A journey into the mind of a maniac. You know I'm in for this. Do that damn thing Andy!

McFly
03-19-09, 9:15 am
A journey into the mind of a maniac. You know I'm in for this. Do that damn thing Andy!

maniac?

they said as long as i take these little purple and yellow pills I'd be a functioning member of society and no longer a threat to the general public???

LittleMan55
03-19-09, 9:23 am
maniac?

they said as long as i take these little purple and yellow pills I'd be a functioning member of society and no longer a threat to the general public???

Well then continue with the treatments... lol

UncleFester
03-20-09, 9:50 pm
Consider me subbed.....

McFly
03-23-09, 4:21 pm
mondays.....

Today I spot an obituary in the local paper of a name that was familiar, it was my high school drafting instructor; 53 years old. Last time we spoke he was healthy and looking forward to retiring. He was a real deal man. One of the only teachers I’ve had who called it like it was, he didn’t sugar coat it and skated that P.C. very close but it was all in our benefit. Letting us know what the real world was going to be like after we left the roof our parents gave us, college and beyond…what the streets were like and dirty mother fuckers out to step on ours to get theirs. Many of my classmates stayed in touch with him over the years, keeping him updated on our careers and life situations…and at times having us talk to his students who were in the same chairs we were years before….telling them Mr. Henry’s not bullshittin you, shit is grimy out there.

He was like my second pops, I’d talk to him before I’d talk to my family about something going on, or hit him up for professional or personal life shit. He was so many peoples go to man….but did he have that go to man? Leaving high school I recall him preaching to us to have fun in college but stay away from the drinking and drugs “it’ll drag you to the bottom, you don’t want to ever be there” were his exact words. His mother recently passed away, he was a single man at 53 his mother was all he had left of his family….shortly after her passing he began drinking and got heavy into some drugs…he hit that bottom, that bottom he preached to us about never wanting to get there…he hit it and never came back.

It’s sad to see a man so many looked up to for years, fall so hard and have no one to pick him up and help him thru. He will be missed and carried in the hearts of many.

BrotherInArms
03-24-09, 2:08 pm
Nice.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-24-09, 8:55 pm
real Life!

...easy!!!

Hoomgar
03-25-09, 9:30 am
Sorry to hear of your loss bro. Sounds like a great man that was left to die all alone.

Hg

McFly
03-25-09, 11:55 am
If you want a trophy join a bowling league…..

I’m going to speak for myself and I feel my Animal family will agree. We train and live this lifestyle because we love it, not for a title or to line a shelf with $10 trophies. I stepped on stage as a challenge to myself to see what I was made of, stepping on the powerlifting platform I am competing against myself making an attempt to be the strongest I can be….I don’t call, text and ask everyone I know who’s doing that show to decide if I’m going to show up or not. Some people make me sick….only deciding to do a show if they feel like the competition is weak and they are a shoe in to win. DO A FUCKING SHOW BECAUSE YOU LOVE AND LIVE IT, COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST AND SEE WHERE YOU FALL. Who gives a fuck if you won a show that consisted of 2 out of shape weekend warriors and a teenager entering his first show….REALLY WOW YOU ACCOMPLISHED A WHOLE LOT…. Sweet….

I train my ass off not to attempt to win some local amateur show or meet, but to better myself because I aspire to be bigger and stronger then I was the day before, because I want to earn my respect and stand next to better competition year after year and hold my own. I don’t care if I don’t come home with another trophy, because I do know that every time I compete I will have laid it all on the line and gave it all I have. If that lets me walk away with winning my class, an overall so be it…that’s not the point. I have trophies from events all over the country from different things I’ve competed in…you know what they mean to me….NOT A FUCKING THING…crossing that finish line at the Foot Locker national championships not able to take another step, my pops shaking my hand and telling me he’s proud of me after my show and pulling weight I never moved before…that’s what it’s all about….looking in the mirror and not feeling like I let myself down by half stepping it, taking the easy road or given that silver spoon.

I do this for me, I train hard because no one is going to out train me, you can have the money and genetics….that shit doesn’t give you heart…you’re not going to have more heart then me.

firsthorseman97
03-25-09, 12:12 pm
That post is a must-read for everyone. You make it easy to see your fire for this life. Great post!

wedge
03-25-09, 12:33 pm
If you want a trophy join a bowling league…..

I’m going to speak for myself and I feel my Animal family will agree. We train and live this lifestyle because we love it, not for a title or to line a shelf with $10 trophies. I stepped on stage as a challenge to myself to see what I was made of, stepping on the powerlifting platform I am competing against myself making an attempt to be the strongest I can be….I don’t call, text and ask everyone I know who’s doing that show to decide if I’m going to show up or not. Some people make me sick….only deciding to do a show if they feel like the competition is weak and they are a shoe in to win. DO A FUCKING SHOW BECAUSE YOU LOVE AND LIVE IT, COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST AND SEE WHERE YOU FALL. Who gives a fuck if you won a show that consisted of 2 out of shape weekend warriors and a teenager entering his first show….REALLY WOW YOU ACCOMPLISHED A WHOLE LOT…. Sweet….

I train my ass off not to attempt to win some local amateur show or meet, but to better myself because I aspire to be bigger and stronger then I was the day before, because I want to earn my respect and stand next to better competition year after year and hold my own. I don’t care if I don’t come home with another trophy, because I do know that every time I compete I will have laid it all on the line and gave it all I have. If that lets me walk away with winning my class, an overall so be it…that’s not the point. I have trophies from events all over the country from different things I’ve competed in…you know what they mean to me….NOT A FUCKING THING…crossing that finish line at the Foot Locker national championships not able to take another step, my pops shaking my hand and telling me he’s proud of me after my show and pulling weight I never moved before…that’s what it’s all about….looking in the mirror and not feeling like I let myself down by half stepping it, taking the easy road or given that silver spoon.

I do this for me, I train hard because no one is going to out train me, you can have the money and genetics….that shit doesn’t give you heart…you’re not going to have more heart then me.

The truth my friend, the truth.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-25-09, 1:35 pm
So The Trophies Are Not A Good Thing From What I Am Taking From This???

I Mean What About A Sword?

Plaque?

Money?

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 1:40 pm
A crushed fly? Who would do that?

Little Z
03-25-09, 1:41 pm
so.. dont know how i missed this thread till now..

bro you know im here...

McFly
03-25-09, 1:51 pm
A crushed fly? Who would do that?

someone who made a mistake...probably one of those short guys with small mans complex

McFly
03-25-09, 1:54 pm
So The Trophies Are Not A Good Thing From What I Am Taking From This???

I Mean What About A Sword?

Plaque?

Money?

trophies are great, I collected 6 last year but what do they really mean if the only reason you compete is because it's an easy win? when you plan your attempts based on dodging stiff competition....is that winning? is that earning your win? not in my book.

LittleMan55
03-25-09, 2:01 pm
Damn Andy that post hit home! I agree with it 110% man... I'm not doing my show for a damn trophy this Sept. I'm doing it because I WANT TO... I want to do things that 99% of the human population doesnt have the nuts to do. I want to hold myself to a higher standard.

Damn bro you got me motivated as hell!

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 2:09 pm
someone who made a mistake...probably one of those short guys with small mans complex

and mid-life crisis...

McFly
03-25-09, 2:12 pm
and mid-life crisis...

pretty much.....I feel bad for that guy.

....there's always the senior center and mall walking to ocuppy his time....

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 2:26 pm
pretty much.....I feel bad for that guy.

....there's always the senior center and mall walking to ocuppy his time....

Don't over-look pigeon feeding and power chair racing!

dannynb
03-25-09, 2:36 pm
Don't over-look pigeon feeding and power chair racing!

Forget that...I'm talking about competitive napping.

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 2:38 pm
Forget that...I'm talking about competitive napping.

@31 you better make sure your eyes open again haha

Gambit
03-25-09, 2:38 pm
Good read, McFly. You got some lyrics in you, boy. haha

dannynb
03-25-09, 2:39 pm
@31 you better make sure your eyes open again haha

Hey now....respect yer elders ya dang whipper snapper...I'd come over there and show ya a thing or two but they're fixing to serve cream corn and tapioca in a few minutes than wheel of fortune comes on. LOL

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 2:51 pm
Hey now....respect yer elders ya dang whipper snapper...I'd come over there and show ya a thing or two but they're fixing to serve cream corn and tapioca in a few minutes than wheel of fortune comes on. LOL

That's no joke, that's a great show! I bet you still yell out BINGO!!!! by mistake though; while watching...

Gambit
03-25-09, 3:08 pm
That's no joke, that's a great show! I bet you still yell out BINGO!!!! by mistake though; while watching...

Matlock?

JUGGERNAUT
03-25-09, 3:17 pm
Matlock?

He drove a FORD Crown Vic!

dannynb
03-25-09, 4:04 pm
He drove a FORD Crown Vic!

You def just lost cool points for knowing that.

G Diesel
03-25-09, 4:05 pm
Yo... Quit spamming McFly's thread. There is serious shit going down in here.

Just found this... Badass article. Good shit bro.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=440

Peace, G

DANO
03-25-09, 6:08 pm
Good stuff Mcfly!

Hoomgar
03-26-09, 10:45 am

Peace, G

Darn straight G. McFly, excellent read brother. It was good reading for those of us who couldn't be there.

Hg

LittleMan55
03-26-09, 11:04 am

Peace, G

Great find G!

Very solid article Andy. Just like the man who wrote it.

dannynb
03-26-09, 11:25 am
Nice article McFly....until next year...

Mr. Aestheticz
03-26-09, 7:53 pm
trophies are great, I collected 6 last year but what do they really mean if the only reason you compete is because it's an easy win? when you plan your attempts based on dodging stiff competition....is that winning? is that earning your win? not in my book.

JUST MAKING SURE!!!

YOU KNOW I AGREE WITH YOU 100!!!!

THIS IS A SMART MAN HERE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PAY ATTENTION!

McFly
03-30-09, 2:21 pm
Loyalty

Just think about that word for a minute…

Day after day I see what that word stands for fade away into something we’ll soon only read about in history books…maybe not that extreme but really everyday be it in the iron game, my profession or in the personal lives around me, loyalty doesn’t stand for anything. Many grab what they can get from you, until they feel they’ve got what they wanted or exhausted your resource and then on to the next man….be it contest prep tips, technical advice in the office or money from your back pocket to make their life a little easier. Those three alone aren’t something that grows on trees... knowledge, skill and money is hard earned by most of us. We share our resources to help those coming up behind us, not looking for anything in return other then perhaps a thank you, maybe a little respect, maybe some fucking loyalty, however, we aren’t looking to be spit in the face and stabbed in the back as one walks away to shake down the next tree for whatever they can grasp unearned. LAZY GREEDY MOTHER FUCKERS. Makes we think…so all that time you were friendly, was it to “get the hook up” be it a deal in my gym, a dollar from my pocket or trying to get laid…?REALLY?...…20, 30, 40 business man or street hustler you disrespect a man and what he stands and take advantage of his kindness you’re bound to get laid out sooner or later. Karma is a son of a bitch.

There are no short cuts in life…you can run around chasing hand outs and taking advantage of people but I promise you one day you’re going to reach for that last hand out, perhaps the one you need most and their isn’t going to be one hand left for you to reach. Ain’t that a bitch…..who you gonna blame now...

DANO
03-30-09, 2:31 pm
AMEN BROTHER! Loyalty is a hard thing to find, this is why divorce rates are so high. Also there is loyalty to ones self, the guy in the gym who shows up walks around and gets drinks for two hours, then bitches that he makes no gains. He is not loyal to the iron nor his own person.

firsthorseman97
03-30-09, 2:38 pm
Wow. So much of that post hit home, Andy. Great post!

Gambit
03-30-09, 3:05 pm
Damn, McFly, great fuckin' post. So goddamn true.

McFly
03-31-09, 8:14 am
AMEN BROTHER! Loyalty is a hard thing to find, this is why divorce rates are so high. Also there is loyalty to ones self, the guy in the gym who shows up walks around and gets drinks for two hours, then bitches that he makes no gains. He is not loyal to the iron nor his own person.

Wow. So much of that post hit home, Andy. Great post!

Damn, McFly, great fuckin' post. So goddamn true.

thanks fellas....all the bullshit we deal with day to day always ends up worth it at some point, its just a matter of treking thru it all and coming out on top, keeping our heads high...

"Life’s a bitch but god forbid the bitch divorce me"

deanna7272
03-31-09, 8:25 am
I JUST found this.... Subbed... I have to tell you, I would have NEVER guessed distance runner... NEVER... You have put SO much into putting on that size, it's very admirable.... Keep doing what you're doing, you'll be unstoppable....

dannynb
03-31-09, 6:16 pm
Good read bro....making me want to dig up some of my old writings from back in college.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-31-09, 9:29 pm
Hustle, Loyalty, And Respect Name Of The Game Kid!

McFly
04-04-09, 6:59 pm
"He looks determined without being ruthless, Something heroic in this man, there`s a courage about him, Doesn`t look like a killer, Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dream.....Full of passion"

The Killer, 1989, written and directed by John Woo

many have heard this from: "Incarcerated Scarfaces" - Raekwon

Gambit
04-04-09, 7:15 pm
"He looks determined without being ruthless, Something heroic in this man, there`s a courage about him, Doesn`t look like a killer, Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dream.....Full of passion"

Another gem from that movie, "The world has changed. Honor is now a dirty word."

Mr. Aestheticz
04-06-09, 10:03 pm

DUDE I DIDNT KNOW THAT ANYONE KNEW OR EVEN REMEMBERED THE KILLER!

DUDE I HAVE THIS DVD SHOULD I BRING IT FOR OUR MOVIE CUDDLE NIGH TON FRIDAY WHEN I ARRIVE LMAO LMAO!

Big Al
04-06-09, 11:39 pm
Ya we seem to have a few of them around us.That shit all shakes out in the end.When that mother fucker dont place in his next show or when he needs a friend...well we just might not know him....And when I say him,I really meen them because there is more then one bitch in the hood.
But I the same turn there are people that will ride or die with you so you gotta know who's who!!

Hoomgar
04-07-09, 12:18 pm
What is this? The movie guide channel now?

Ha ha!

Big Al
04-11-09, 7:49 pm
'Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse -Eminem

So Fucking true,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

McFly
04-17-09, 2:46 pm
no one can stop you but you

McFly
04-21-09, 10:17 am
So what happens when your training partner can’t show up to the gym and you had a long day at work, you make your way to the gym for your back workout and it’s deadlift day. If you have a little heart, some discipline and motivation and put in work using whatever drives you to push along. A few weeks ago I was witness to a younger cat clearly in the gym wanting to get big, sometimes training reckless but hard none the less… as we all have at some point in our conception into the iron game….walk away from a loaded deadlift bar and say “I can’t deadlift by myself, my training partner bailed” “I’m going home” “maybe I’ll go out tonight instead” and left a loaded bar on the gym floor and a back workout unfinished. 1. no gym etiquette and 2. no fucking heart what so ever.

You wanna grow, you wanna move more weight, yet you don’t want to put in the work to get there and eat the food it takes to build the mass you desire. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you want to know what is in my workout drink or what I drink post workout like I have some secret advantage over you? How about grow some balls, man the fuck up and do work. Yeah sometimes our workouts take half the night and it takes me an hour to eat this 100+ grams of carbs and mountain of protein but in my eyes it has to be done. There are so many guys whom I see that make me want to be bigger, stronger and able to do battle with on the stage or platform YET there is that one bastard I see everyday who tells me like it is, that skinny 150 pound dude in the mirror telling me I’ll never get big, you’re skinny, you’re fat, you’re weak…I will never let him get the best of me, yet i will never be "bigger" then him no matter how big or strong i get. I will never let myself say this is good enough, yes I’m physically bigger then him now but I’m not BIG, yes I’m physically stronger then him but I’m not STRONG. What’s crazy about this game is in reality there will always be someone bigger and stronger then you but if you have a little heart you can always push for more then the last workout and if you gave it your all last week and push that envelope a little further this week you are an inch closer then before but you have to put it all out there every week you can’t walk away from the challenge.

firsthorseman97
04-21-09, 10:22 am
Awesome post, Andy. I like how you put it out there. You have me motivated!

Hoomgar
04-21-09, 1:56 pm
Good stuff McFly. No way to cheat in this game. You pay your dues or you don't reap the rewards. Period.

Spot on!

Hg

McFly
04-23-09, 9:40 am
stuck in my head from yesterdays drive to the gym....

"Respect comes from admiration or fear, if you don't love me you better be fucking scared of me"

Ricky P
04-23-09, 10:22 am
stuck in my head from yesterdays drive to the gym....

"Respect comes from admiration or fear, if you don't love me you better be fucking scared of me"

That's some good shit right there, I like it.

McFly
05-05-09, 8:42 am
"I'm not out there sweating for three hours a day just to find out what it feels like to sweat" - michael jordan

McFly
06-19-09, 1:26 pm
gotta love the "how much you lift" question

my typical answer is "not enough" ...about 15 minutes ago someone asked me "yo man you large, how much you lift" I told him it really depends how I feel, sometimes 40 sometimes 2000 pounds.....he looked at me puzzled, then said "nah nah I mean how much you bench" i chuckled...."not enough"

how much do you lift??

Mr. Dead
06-19-09, 1:29 pm
gotta love the "how much you lift" question

my typical answer is "not enough" ...about 15 minutes ago someone asked me "yo man you large, how much you lift" I told him it really depends how I feel, sometimes 40 sometimes 2000 pounds.....he looked at me puzzled, then said "nah nah I mean how much you bench" i chuckled...."not enough"

how much do you lift??

I lift nowhere near enough...

Hoomgar
06-19-09, 4:04 pm
I lift nowhere near enough...

x2, especially on the flat bench. I blame me...

Mr. Aestheticz
06-19-09, 6:00 pm
Enough To Get Me To 240 Lbs :0)

McFly
08-13-09, 10:25 am
SUCCESSFUL

WHAT IS IT?

heard a song on the radio preaching via the airways as successful being "money, cars and clothes"

is that what successful is to you?

discuss

Hoomgar
08-13-09, 10:32 am
Naa man, those are just "things". Success is realizing the fruit of your goals and dreams. Beating the odds that your body wants to constantly break every time you try to push it harder. Making gains past the flower of your youth.

Success is having family and friends that love you and care about you. No matter how much money or things you have.

Success is making it to the end of your days with a feeling of accomplishment and completion that can only be realized by someone who has in fact followed his or her dreams and chased down their goals, taking them by force when necessary.

Success is what we breath when we wake up and what we exhale when we lay down to sleep, every day of our lives when we focus on positive things and show love and compassion on those around us.

Hg

C.Coronato
08-13-09, 10:48 am
Haha. Great song. not. Its funny how far off hip hop has fallen. If you would consider it hip hop. Things that used to matter in the old days dont seem to matter any more. Like a working man putting in time and doing his shit day in a day out, but was happy to provide for the family, suddenly has not enough for society of today. The radio is full of fad songs that are simply written so people can make them their away messages. They make no sense and have no meaning behind it. In my eyes anyway.

Success to me is different i guess. Ya sure i wouldnt mind a nice car, some good threads. I dont think that measures my success, they are mere additions to the game. Success to me is simply happiness. If i can live my life every single day and be happy with what i do, then im good. The day im down and am not happy with the changes im making and things im doing than i have to embark on another journey of success. It differs from person to person i guess.

Big Al
08-13-09, 11:18 am
Success is having family and friends that love you and care about you. No matter how much money or things you have.

Hg

True!!!! People forget.

OklahomaMuscle
08-13-09, 11:30 am
Success to me is different i guess. Ya sure i wouldnt mind a nice car, some good threads. I dont think that measures my success, they are mere additions to the game. Success to me is simply happiness. If i can live my life every single day and be happy with what i do, then im good. The day im down and am not happy with the changes im making and things im doing than i have to embark on another journey of success. It differs from person to person i guess.

My idea of success it basically the same. Success to me is having enough to enjoy life and be happy with those you love. But I don't want to be given free rides or the easy way out...I think Success has to be fought for, worked for, it HAS to be earned. To many people today relate success to wealth and that's where the trouble begins. You could be the wealthiest person in the world but if you didn't earn it or work for it, are you really successful? If I can look back on my life and say I did everything I could to give to those that need, provide for those I love, and take care of the things I have committed to...In my eyes I was Successful.

McFly
08-13-09, 11:52 am
I’m in agreement with every thing that everyone has said. To add my two cents, it’s about chasing that dream, not the dream of a 7 figure pay day and a house in the hills but living life without looking back and saying “what if”. Pushing myself in the gym to better my last workout, doing that is “successful”, for ME finishing school and finding myself in a career position that I enjoy; “successful”…having a healthy relationship with my family, be it my folks or the family I’ve yet to have, making the most of the time we have together on this rock; “successful”. Controlling things I have control over and leaving the rest for a higher powers to sort out, keeping my head in a positive direction and keeping positivity surrounding me, “successful”. Enjoying the little things in life while chasing those dream that create memories; “successful”

Laying my head down at night, taking a deep breath and being able to say….”yup, I’m good with where I stand”……

LittleMan55
08-13-09, 11:54 am
Success is unquantifiable to me. There is no measure, because there is always another level we need to take our lives to. Be it Family, Friends, Work, and the Gym. No matter where we are at in our individual lifes there is always something greater to strive for. At the same time each little mile marker we have on the road of life does bring a certain level of success. To me constant improvement and dedication to being better as a whole is success. Because it is only known by you and those close to you. To the outside world it may never look like you are doing much, but in your mind you are making all the right moves. So success in my eyes is something I constantly chase and while I can get oh so close to it, there will always be something more to push me to be more successful.

Helping others is also a great means of being successful. Watching someone prosper from the help you provide is one of if not the greatest feeling you can have. Because giving of oneself keeps you humble and makes you a stronger person. Therefore this cycle is 2 fold and everyone involved can become more successful.

No need for cars, and cool money things to measure with. They are fruits of the hard work and dedication you pour into life. Or thats just the way I see it.

I also agree with Hg on the family and friends aspect.

At the end of the day its not the clothes we wear, the money we make, or the cars we drive that are important; but rather the impact and change we impress upon the world as a whole.

Mr. Dead
08-13-09, 12:12 pm
Success, to me, is that sense of accomplishment... Knowing that you worked your butt off, met the goal, and are still climbing the mountain... Having that hunger to strive to do more, never losing sight of your goals no matter how unattainable they may be... If you're pushing towards a goal, that in itself is a success... However, if you accomplish a goal and slide into contentment that to me is an epic failure... Baubles, trinkets, cars, homes, etc... are all well and good, but they're things... Not a true measure of a persons actual success... Look at a lot of these pro "athletes" (ie football, basketball, baseball...) They think success is that fat contract... A lot of them get it, and slide into oblivion... Forgotten in a sea of those that lost the drive got sidetracked from their goal... Possessions aren't the measure of a man, how he lived his life, his friends and family, these are true measures of success... Sorry for rambling, to get to the point...

Gambit
08-13-09, 12:20 pm
Laying my head down at night, taking a deep breath and being able to say….”yup, I’m good with where I stand”……

The truth!

Success, to me, is setting goals and conquering my own fears and preconceptions. It's about growth, mentally and physically, through every possible pursuit. Never letting someone tell you that you "can't" do something. Trying anything and everything. Being able to smile from ear to ear for real, not just put one on for show to the rest of the world.

G Diesel
08-13-09, 12:28 pm
I

Success is making it to the end of your days with a feeling of accomplishment and completion that can only be realized by someone who has in fact followed his or her dreams and chased down their goals, taking them by force when necessary.

Success is what we breath when we wake up and what we exhale when we lay down to sleep, every day of our lives when we focus on positive things and show love and compassion on those around us.

Great posts.

Peace, G

McFly
08-24-09, 11:31 am
I've seen a few articles over the past few years about a 7' baller trying to make it in the NBA...got skills, size, just wasn't given the gift of hearing, which has stacked the cards against him so to speak....two things he said that caught my attention that I figured i share...

“In the fourth quarter, everyone is deaf,” “No one can hear anything. And I think that puts me at an advantage in the environment where a lot of guys get rattled. It allows me to be calm.”

“With all the places I’ve been, all the things I’ve seen, how can any one man tell me if I’m living my life right? It’s a big world out there, and the best you can do is learn from your mistakes and your flaws, and make sure that you pass that down to your kids.”

just another reminder for everyone to stay POSTIVE...ALWAYS POSITIVE....in your thoughts, those you keep around you and your dreams...

Hoomgar
08-24-09, 11:46 am
A good reminder McFly. You can only do what you believe you can do man.

Mr. Aestheticz
08-24-09, 1:16 pm
Two Thumbs Up!!!

McFly
10-26-09, 11:56 am
read this a sometime last week and it has been in my head since then so I thought I'd share it with my fam here.

"People only see what they are prepared to see."

There is a huge world out there with many opportunities waiting for us to just open the doors and set foot in that unchartered territory. It may take stepping out of our comfort zone but the results may be rewarding beyond our own imaginations. We have to open our eyes and see our dreams, goals and go for whatever they may be, if every day is a new dream, chase it! Life has no rewind, repeat or pause…when it’s over, it’s over….

McFly
10-26-09, 12:05 pm
having some time off from the gym i've had a lot of time to think, read and catch up with some good friends. one more piece of inspirational verbage that has been added to my collection comes from a very insightful personal friend of mine who seems to have been around the block a time or two and had a very positive outlook on life.

"This is your journey on this globe taking place right now as we speak. Nobody owes you anything and you also don't owe anybody anything as well. You call the shots on your life."

J-DOG
10-27-09, 1:42 am
Awesome post bro you know i am subbed for this journey cant wait to see what crazy shit you get up to to achieve your goals! After reading this i am amped to get back in the gym and smash it just like the rest of these Animals.

And you are 100% correct my brother there is no place more supportive than the FORUM which is what this place is all about!
Does anyone know of an Animal BB club in Australia cause there should be one if there isnt! Hearing about how hard you guys hit it especially when you get together well there isnt anything more motivational really!

Keep up the good work bro you got this!

Peace

JD

Hoomgar
10-27-09, 10:02 am
It's getting hotter in here. The winds of change are blowing hard on the hot coals of desire.

Build it McFly.

Hg

McFly
10-27-09, 10:31 am
It's getting hotter in here. The winds of change are blowing hard on the hot coals of desire.

Build it McFly.

Hg

;)