PDA

View Full Version : cable crossovers

BeastCook
03-18-09, 9:24 pm
im just wondering if i can put cable crossovers in my routine for mass, i know its not a compound movement and can i still grow a big chest with it or without it? anyone use cable crossovers in their routine and built a huge chest? my diet is great and only supp im using right now is animal pak

thanks.

MrMonday
03-18-09, 9:43 pm
It could only do you good.

If you want to finish your chest workout with cable flies, why WOULDN'T you?

ironbound
03-18-09, 9:53 pm
Hell yeah, do them last though to maximize your pump. I like setting the weight a tad lighter and holding and squeezing at the bottom for a couple seconds with every rep.

pmug0000
03-18-09, 11:57 pm
Cable crossovers and crossunders are both solid ways to finish off a chest workout, or even pre-exhaust once in while

theharjmann
03-19-09, 7:55 am
im just wondering if i can put cable crossovers in my routine for mass, i know its not a compound movement and can i still grow a big chest with it or without it? anyone use cable crossovers in their routine and built a huge chest? my diet is great and only supp im using right now is animal pak

thanks.

i prefer dumbell flyes, dumbell presses and bar presses. All i do is just go back to the exercise i started on, lower the weight and rep out...my chest is a lot more sore the next day.

Cables dont really work for me unless im doing triceps i have found,......they could work for your though....experiment.

shizz702
03-19-09, 1:12 pm
im just wondering if i can put cable crossovers in my routine for mass

Why couldn't you?

If you want to do them, do them. If not, well then don't. Don't overthink this shit bro, and quit trying to come up with that perfect routine, just pick some exercises that suite you, and do them consistently. Once the gains cease, then switch it up and start over again.

Giant Killer
03-19-09, 1:25 pm
Cable crossovers and crossunders are both solid ways to finish off a chest workout, or even pre-exhaust once in while

I agree with this.

While they can be great additions to pre-exhaust or flush blood into the muscle at the end, they should not be relied upon for mass building.

prowrestler
03-19-09, 1:52 pm

thanks.

- yes you can, i give you permission

- yes people have built huge chests doing them but what works for someone else means dick all for you.

FourThirty
03-19-09, 9:56 pm
Yes, I would attempt to work them in.. I attempt to finish chest day with both incline dumbbell flys and cable crossovers. Love 'em.

theharjmann
03-20-09, 4:39 am
mmm how about a giant set of:

Incline dumbell press
Flat bench press (bar)
Incline dumbell flyes
Standing cable crossovers.

Now that could be something to do when dieting!!!