PDA

View Full Version : Storm - pre, intra, or post

AlphaBrass01
03-20-09, 4:57 am
The instructions say to take pre- and post-workout. Would it be less effective if only taken intra-? My understanding of creatine is that once the muscles are flooded, the effects continue, so this would be fine. However, I don't know how it would effect the way the uptake matrix works with things.

Gambit
03-20-09, 9:33 am
I don't know if it'd be less effective, but personally, I never got into taking it intra-workout...and believe me, I tried. I rocked the grape flavor and the fruit punch, but it never felt mixed right, always tasted a little gritty, but that was just me me. I think it's a fine product to take during the workout. Check out BigAnt's intra-workout drink if you wanna spice yours up with some gatorade and a couple other tweaks.

Fury317
03-20-09, 9:52 am
Take it pre workout if you had to choose one time. Creatine is a cell volumizer, and there are an array of articles out there in the benefits of taking creatine before a training session. There are also other ingredients, such as Beta Alanine, which aid in faster recovery from a hard set, adn will help you get through a tough workout. Also by taking in a creating product before a workout you are going to increase your creatine phosphate levels- the primary source of energy used by the muscles in the first 10-30 seconds of intense exercise.

If you have the funds I would say take ST with it. A strong NO product, such as ST, will dilate the blood vessels and aid in the transportation of the Storm along with other nutrients- while also helping achieve a better pump because of increased blood flow.

AlphaBrass01
03-20-09, 10:13 am
Thanks, guys. I guess I was asking since I had read at some point that once mixed, you should drink creatine immediately, and not sip on it or let it sit. Also, as far as pre-workout goes, I was planning on probably taking one scoop of Storm along with Animal Cuts, and then doing a second scoop either during the workout or directly after. I'm thinking it might be easier to just drink some water during the workout and then shake up some Storm in the locker room and drink it on the way home.

C.Coronato
03-20-09, 11:50 am
Personally i take my cuts and then later on ill drink two scoops of storm pre workout and then my whey and carbs after workout. Well that was for the beginning of my cuts.

TheDarkHalf
03-20-09, 11:57 am
Thanks, guys. I guess I was asking since I had read at some point that once mixed, you should drink creatine immediately, and not sip on it or let it sit. Also, as far as pre-workout goes, I was planning on probably taking one scoop of Storm along with Animal Cuts, and then doing a second scoop either during the workout or directly after. I'm thinking it might be easier to just drink some water during the workout and then shake up some Storm in the locker room and drink it on the way home.

I think this only applies if you let it sit for extended periods of time. If it sits for too long (several hours or more) it can become toxic. I drink storm intra workout.

AlphaBrass01
03-20-09, 11:58 am
I think this only applies if you let it sit for extended periods of time. If it sits for too long (several hours or more) it can become toxic. I drink storm intra workout.

Awesome. Thanks to everyone!