PDA

View Full Version : Gym in Columbus OH

asylum
03-20-09, 7:48 pm
Whats up, this next week I will be in Columbus OH on business. I do not want to be away from the gym but have to make that money. I have lifted on and off for years, but I am determined now and WILL NOT quit. I am making some good progress and cant slack now. Can anyone recommend a good gym for while I am in Columbus. Maybe even a trainer for the week. I am always ready to learn something new. I work out at a Powerhouse gym back home.(its the best we got) Only place in town that has 120 lbs dumbells.

Young&Hungry
03-20-09, 9:26 pm
If you can get into Westside Barbell, then God be with you.

Fury317
03-20-09, 9:30 pm
Metro Fitness downtown. Powershack in UA. I work at Go Fitness Center. Its not a hardcore gym-- its more for everybody to use but we do have DB up to 115 and lots of toys haha (i.e. powerplate, strongman ropes, medicine balls up to 200lbs, shit ton of bosus, etc)

If you have any questions, PM and Ill help you out man. I live in Columbus so anything you need to know I can proably answer.

cstmgp
03-21-09, 9:29 am
What part of town are you going to be in?? There are several good gyms in town, all in different parts of the city.
Downtown: Metro Fitness
East side: Old School Gym
South/grove city: Murphs Gym
etc....
As far as trainers, I'm not overly experienced, but the best I've seen/used is David Key. He is just outside downtown in bexley, his gym is Key body and fitness. They don't have alot of free weights, mostly machines, but when it comes to routines and diets, he knows his stuff. Dave played for the New England Patriots, and is now one ripped up dude.
Master Lek is also the hands down best Maui tai instructor in town. (my opinion)

Shaun

NEW B
03-21-09, 2:17 pm
try out the old school gym it will not let you down

IRBS
03-21-09, 3:16 pm
If you can get into Westside Barbell, then God be with you.

LOL, yeah, but unless he is a competative Powerlifter or and athlete that competes in another sport, its a long shot of getting in there to train unless he gets an invite.

Little Houghton
03-21-09, 8:21 pm
try out the old school gym it will not let you down

agreed, if you're there in the mornings ill be there and at nights my brother will be lifting, plenty of stuff to do, owners are real good guys might let you go for a little cheaper than 5 day pass price, its only 20 minutes from downtown too

cstmgp
03-21-09, 10:00 pm
I've actually never been, but I've talked to the owner a few times. I'll have to check it out.
Shaun

Little Houghton
03-21-09, 10:29 pm
I've actually never been, but I've talked to the owner a few times. I'll have to check it out.
Shaun

yea for sure...its a great place. have you talked to dustin or cory?

cstmgp
03-22-09, 9:07 am
yea for sure...its a great place. have you talked to dustin or cory?

I've talked with Cory, my wife works at Telhio credit union and has worked with him afew times.
Shaun

Little Houghton
03-22-09, 10:56 am
I've talked with Cory, my wife works at Telhio credit union and has worked with him afew times.
Shaun

Sweet-Cory's a real good guy, you should definitely come out sometime, if you're available monday tuesday or thursday mornings thats when our group lifts, we're always open to a new guy. it'd be worth a trip for sure

LurkingBeast
03-22-09, 8:45 pm
That gym sounds pretty sweet, if ya can't get into that for some reason I went to Powershack gym when I was down there for the Arnold Classic a few years back and I gotta say I really appreciated it's focused atmosphere. It can be hard to lift for your purposes when everyone's boppin out on a tready.. Decent place in '07 when I was down there.