PDA

View Full Version : A Repulsive Feast Of Sin

belladiabla13
03-20-09, 9:52 pm
~This was my blog today on myspace. Chuck asked me to post it here~...

I am struggling with myself even now as I write this. I do not want to be one of those people who look down on others. I want to help others. I do not want to come across as though even for one moment, I find myself to be superior. I do not. I am at the very start of my journey. But, I need to purge myself of this anger and disgust.

Today is leg day. We lift very heavy on leg day. After a dentist appointment Chuck & I decided to stop at a local buffet. Big salad bar and lots of protein, plus we would not have to cook. Good deal.
Yeah, cancel that thought. This place may very well be one of the most motivating places I have ever been in my life.

We quickly got lost into a pool of people just bidding their time until they have a massive heart attack. People being stalked by diabetes, and some near death. People so big and so unhealthy that they had to be wheeled up to the buffet where they piled their plates as high as possible with fried greasy foods. They were ruthless in their quest. Shoving adults and children aside so they could feast on their addiction. It honestly made my stomach hurt. It made my heart hurt. We as a country make jokes about these people. We call them names. We spend our few moments in their shadows and then we simply walk away. But these people are no longer the exception. They are becoming the norm.

I know many of you can not understand my diet. It has been called extreme by most of my family and friends. To tell someone they had to give up chips,cookies,pasta,soda and bread is just crazy..right? I want you all to know that in giving these things up, I am finding myself. I had no idea how strong I really was and I do not mean muscle. I mean sheer heart and determination. I test myself everyday when I drink only water. Of course, I still wake up wanting a soda. Every time I walk into the gym, sore and beat from the day before I test myself. It is so easy to give into the temptation. Instead, I choose to fight for me. Look around, there is fast food on every block. Where can you buy baked fish? Let me answer for you, the grocery. Then you come home and bake it for your damned self. It requires effort. I guess that is more than what the average American has in them these days.

I am just so glad I opened my eyes and choose not to be one of the flock. It is like the old saying "if your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you"? You might want to stop and actually ask yourself how close are you to that ledge.

Peace.

freak-a-boo!!
03-21-09, 11:49 am
Hey nice post man. I am here with you in this journey. And yes I have faced ridicule because of my iron life. Been called names like obssessed and have no life. parents getting fed up of my monotonous life and hell lot of other problems. But I m not giving up. And I need the support of my animal brothers.

NVR2BIG
03-21-09, 12:52 pm
excellent post!! so true...and sad that it has become the norm. don't worry about others and stay true to yourself!

belladiabla13
04-07-09, 10:37 pm
Thanks for reading !!!

Big3
04-07-09, 10:40 pm
Nice post. I really don't understand how so many Americans are eating themselves to death.. very sad.

xMATT182x
04-08-09, 1:57 am
great post, this type of life is hard and it takes sacrifice, but it pays off so well in the end.

NJC_Manhattan
04-08-09, 4:08 pm
I am just so glad I opened my eyes and choose not to be one of the flock. It is like the old saying "if your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you"? You might want to stop and actually ask yourself how close are you to that ledge.

Peace.

Interesting quote, "if your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you?". I'm about to get nerdy on you.

You should read Immanuel Kant's A critique of pure reason. That quote refers to an ethical argument by Kant called universalism. Universalism states that an action is morally right if and only if the agent's maximum can be universal. Simple example, murder is morally wrong because the one committing it would not want to be murdered nor have everyone else murdering each other. To extend to your quote, you wouldn't want everyone to jump off a bridge. The ethics basically cover the following, the ends are justified if the means are morally correct. This is the opposite of the ends justify the means argument (if you want to see that read John Mills Utilitarianism).

Just a thought.

belladiabla13
04-08-09, 4:54 pm
Thanks for reading guys!

BryanSmash!
04-08-09, 7:01 pm
The title alone made my day. Good post.

Extreme
04-09-09, 9:01 am
Wow, I just came across this thread, but it really made me think. Thanks for posting this, it helped put numerous things into a better perspective for me, and yes what you wrote is so sad, but so true.

Hoomgar
04-09-09, 11:14 am
Bella, I'm right there with ya, 100%

Turning it all around is one of the best feelings you will ever experience. NOTHING will ever look the same again.

No going back. Ever!

Hg

Iron4Life
04-09-09, 11:20 am
right on the money bro...i think these are thoughts we all have at one point or another

mahscles
04-09-09, 5:09 pm
i have noticed the same thing when me and my brother decided to do that. hes a powerlifter and i am a bodybuilder so we both hear a lot of shit about our lifestyles. certain sacrifices have to be made to walk in this place where we walk and we are willing to make them

belladiabla13
04-13-09, 12:06 am
The buffet is truly great motivation to get your ass to the gym for sure!!