PDA

View Full Version : Little Habits

sanga
03-22-09, 4:10 pm
I saw a guy load a barbell ready for squatting with 3 pies a side, he then lined all them up so all the names on the pies were in line and in the same place, then he unloaded the bar and then reloaded it again, WTF?? IS HE MENTAL?

He then squatted in perfect form arse to the grass for 20 reps, racked the weight and loaded another pie per side, making sure all the plates were lined up perfectly, then he unloaded the bar and reloaded it again as before, he then squatted for 12 reps racked the weight, unloaded the bar and placed the pies back on the weight stand making sure everything lined up.

I couldn`t take it anymore and had to ask WHY???????????????

I can`t help it he told me, I have this thing where I have to do it, I do it throughout my everyday life, he told me he locks his door 3 times each time to be sure its correct, has to be 3, not 2 or 4 but 3, he turns his lights on 3 times too.

I began thinkiing if I had any of these little habits and sure enough I line up the pies before squatting or benching when I first load the bar, I don`t unload and reload it like this guy but I still do it to a degree, I don`t have any other habits that I can think of but upon talking to people close to me they confirm that they too have some little habits including checking the door is locked a certain amount of times, washing their hands a certain amount of times and even flushing the toliet a certain amount of times even though its not needed.

Its strange how we all have these little compulsive habits, some of us to a higher degree than others, sometimes to the point where it can run our lives.

deanna7272
03-22-09, 4:13 pm
His sounds more like OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) than a habit... Yes, it can run your life. I know people that are that way and the worry that something terrible will happen IF they don't do those things.... I can't imagine....

GJN5002
03-22-09, 4:29 pm
Def has OCD. Thats no good he wastes a ton of energy loading and unloading the bar. I have to make sure all the weights are backwards (words are facing in). Luckily the gym Im at now doesnt havewords on the weights or lips.

RK
03-22-09, 5:05 pm
hahahah if you ever work out with Big Ant you will know that he has to have the plates in matching color and sometimes the names have to face a certain way. I think he does it more out of superstition from different injuries he has had.....but you will never forget how to set em up after one lift with him haha

Little Z
03-22-09, 5:11 pm
hahahah if you ever work out with Big Ant you will know that he has to have the plates in matching color and sometimes the names have to face a certain way. I think he does it more out of superstition from different injuries he has had.....but you will never forget how to set em up after one lift with him haha

my plates have to match color and name.. and the have to face in towards the bar.. dont know why or what causes me to do that..
but its with every lift that i use free weights.. i think it makes me.. unique.. hahaha