PDA

View Full Version : i need a new chest routine

NAZ
03-22-09, 10:52 pm
im in need of change....i change it up slightly each week with drop sets and supersets, but wanna try for some suggestions...

my current routine

incline
2x warm up
4xworking set

Flat(bench or db's)
1x warm up
4x working sets

incline flyes
3x10-12

flat flyes
3x10-12

cable cross over
3x10-12

BeastCook
03-22-09, 10:54 pm
im in need of change....i change it up slightly each week with drop sets and supersets, but wanna try for some suggestions...

my current routine

incline
2x warm up
4xworking set

Flat(bench or db's)
1x warm up
4x working sets

incline flyes
3x10-12

flat flyes
3x10-12

cable cross over
3x10-12

are you looking for size or strength or just for the looks?

NAZ
03-22-09, 11:15 pm
for added strength....but also the squared off look

JasonG
03-22-09, 11:43 pm
Your routine looks simular to mine. I was always doing incline work before flat work and decided to switch it up last week and do flat work first. Made a huge difference. I was sore as hell! I think that's the key, switching things up once in awhile wether it's just changing the order of exercises, switching from bd to db's or applying things like drops sets, etc.

NAZ
03-22-09, 11:45 pm
Your routine looks simular to mine. I was always doing incline work before flat work and decided to switch it up last week and do flat work first. Made a huge difference. I was sore as hell! I think that's the key, switching things up once in awhile wether it's just changing the order of exercises, switching from bd to db's or applying things like drops sets, etc.

thanx man...maybe ill pre exhaust my self on flat bench irst 2mor

Pizzalamp
03-22-09, 11:47 pm
this is one of my favorites:

incline cable flies(2 sets of 12-15) superset incline dumbell press (2 sets of 8-12)
weighted chest dips (2 sets of 8-12) superset pushups with hands on bosu ball (2 sets of 12-15)
pec deck ( 2 sets of 12)

cogz
03-23-09, 12:08 am
i like the supersets in that last routine, i like to switch my routine and do all dumbell work and flyes from different positions, also try doing some hammer strength machines and doing a few one arm at a time then together, usually get a great pump from that

BeastCook
03-23-09, 12:21 am
for added strength....but also the squared off look

try this

incline dumbbells 3 working sets of 5-8
chest dips 2-3 working sets to failure
flat barbell bench press 2-3 working sets 5 reps
incline dumbbell fly super set with decline dumbbell fly 2 sets each 10-15 reps

BubbyLight
03-23-09, 2:56 pm
do you guys like chest and bis or chest and tris?

Gambit
03-23-09, 3:49 pm
do you guys like chest and bis or chest and tris?

Chest and Biceps. Think about how taxed out your tri's are after a solid chest workout and how underused your biceps are. I switched up and hit biceps after chest for a while and damn it made a difference. Nothing's gonna work forever though, so try and keep your body guessing.

K Stro24
03-23-09, 4:01 pm

my current routine

incline
2x warm up
4xworking set

Flat(bench or db's)
1x warm up
4x working sets

incline flyes
3x10-12

flat flyes
3x10-12

cable cross over
3x10-12

In my opinion your routine looks good, but if you aren't getting the results you want switch it up. Could switch the cross overs with weighted dips 3 sets of failure. Also reversing the falt with the incline does kill your chest the next day and i like doing it. Maybe throw a decline flye in there in place of one of the flyes, just rotate it and it should be good brother.

TigerAce01
03-23-09, 4:09 pm
Get eric downey over here, that guy is a benching monster. He gave me a chest routine, and it's worked great so far. Shooting him a PM wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Ace