PDA

View Full Version : The Animal Life

Crave
03-23-09, 8:42 pm
Let me start off by saying i do not think i am the perfect Animal. i just think i have a pretty good understanding on what an Animal is, and how it helped me save the greatest gift one could ever ask for- Life.

About a year ago, a ton of personal shit started in my life. Family issues, relationship problems, and a severe concussion that took me out of football for the rest of my life. i am in high school, and i was having colleges already start to talk to me. it was this experience that made me realize your on your motherfuckin own.... the second i was out of the game, i was kicked out on the fuckin street to fend for myself. no more college letters, no more fame, i was a nobody. or so i thought.

along with this incedent (which was very minor compared to the family and relationship issues going on in my life), i had been driven to a point of despair..... a point of hopelessness, a point where Death was looking pretty damn good. I had always worked out, but never "hardcore". i started taking animal stak, it worked well. but this had nothing to do with my feelings of depth and despair. i looked at Animal's website, and read G Diesel's article, "Go Hard". i read it over and over again, until tears started flowing. as i will say again, i do not think i am some type of hardass, but i had only cried once before in my life- the time i was Born.

G Diesel's words saved my life, made me focus on me. fuck everyone else, fuck impressions, fuck statuses. the only thing that matters is you making yourself better. the ONLY people worth your true time are the other Animals... just read the threads. Animals who do not even have any personal connection with eachother, helping eachother without expecting anything in return. just helping a fellow Brother on his journey. The only people you can count on are your Brothers, the Animals. the reason is because they know what it is like to fuckin kill yourself in the gym for nobody else but you. keep livin, hope yall read. ill keep posting.

Gambit
03-23-09, 8:53 pm
Good post, man. Big props for pulling yourself back to earth by nothing more than your bootstraps. I know what you're talking about suddenly having that realization. I'm definitely sticking around here, looking forward to what you're gonna do

Crave
03-23-09, 9:03 pm
thanks, it seems like we both went through a similar situation after reading your post... thanks for sticking around man, theres definately more to come.

Latimer316
03-23-09, 9:06 pm
Good post man, thanks for sharing. I think you should make it a point that G actually reads this man. I'm sure he would be very happy to read something like this. Keep it going

Crave
03-23-09, 9:11 pm
Like my previous post said, live for yourself. here are my stats so yall can get to know me, get to see a little bit about who i am.
weight: 158
bench: 250
deadlift: 445
squat: 350
power clean: 250

i posted this to drive myself. if other Animals can see who i truly am, i have something to strive for. the only people worth a bit of my hard fuckin effort are the other Animals. You all know what being a Brother means.

Crave
03-23-09, 9:12 pm
Good post man, thanks for sharing. I think you should make it a point that G actually reads this man. I'm sure he would be very happy to read something like this. Keep it going

yeah man, i shot him a PM to tell him a little bit more personally what He did for me... i was not expecting to get a reply, but i was given a reply in about 5 hours. That is what proved to me that Animals are truly the most reliable mother fuckers around.

Little Z
03-23-09, 9:14 pm
i honestly suggest this gets moved to the Journey section, and that you continue doin what you are doin Crave..

keep posting up for us to follow along, keeping informed on how shits goin for you..

it takes a lot of maturity to come to the realization you have, especially at your age..

this life is about YOU, not them.. Go Hard, and only GO Hard because thats the only way you know..

As G tells us all.. Keep It Real bro.. and stay at it..

Crave
03-23-09, 9:16 pm
so true man. G truthfully changed my life by that article, i can honestly say that.

wedge
03-24-09, 11:05 am
Welcome to the family Crave.

Crave
03-24-09, 1:21 pm
It makes me fucking sick to my stomach seeing the type of people in the workout room. I take workout as one of my class periods., and it amazes me the nerve of these mother fuckers. They workout until the coach turns his back, then they immeaditely stop lifting until the coach comes back. Shows who truly wants to get better for themself, not for what other people think. I'm fucking sick of these posers. Some kids skip class to smoke or some shit, I skip class and go workout more. That is what separates the Animals from those everyday motherfuckers who would keel over and die if they had the dedication of Us, the Animals.

wedge
03-24-09, 1:23 pm
It makes me fucking sick to my stomach seeing the type of people in the workout room. I take workout as one of my class periods., and it amazes me the nerve of these mother fuckers. They workout until the coach turns his back, then they immeaditely stop lifting until the coach comes back. Shows who truly wants to get better for themself, not for what other people think. I'm fucking sick of these posers. Some kids skip class to smoke or some shit, I skip class and go workout more. That is what separates the Animals from those everyday motherfuckers who would keel over and die if they had the dedication of Us, the Animals.

Rise above the fray bro. It's not an us against them type thing.

Gambit
03-24-09, 1:27 pm
I gotta agree with Wedge here, bub. Don't think we're at war with them...we aren't. They may write us off and try to ostracize us...but we must never hold it against them. They just can't understand what it is that we do...why we do what we do to ourselves.

Crave
03-24-09, 1:28 pm
Rise above the fray bro. It's not an us against them type thing.

Don't worry I didn't mean to like that man, it just makes me proud to be able to have determination that most people don't have. They can do them, I'll do me. That's what I meant bro.

Crave
03-24-09, 1:32 pm
What I guess I was trying to say was that it is extremely apparent who is an Animal and who isn't, I'm not angry at them, I just see a difference.

BrotherInArms
03-24-09, 2:04 pm
Do your thing big guy.

Crave
03-24-09, 5:48 pm
Do your thing big guy.

Thanks man. I also wanted to thank everyone for their support, while working out I feel like I have more of a drive now. Thanks alot guys, more to come later.

G Diesel
03-25-09, 1:53 pm
I'll be watching bro... Keep working hard. Be humble, focused and diligent and stay on your path. Be an example to others through your words and actions.

Peace, G

naturalguy
03-25-09, 2:27 pm
G's words have picked me up on several occasions

Gambit
03-25-09, 2:49 pm
G's words have picked me up on several occasions

The man's got a way with words, that's for sure.

Crave
03-25-09, 6:50 pm
I'll be watching bro... Keep working hard. Be humble, focused and diligent and stay on your path. Be an example to others through your words and actions.

Peace, G

Thanks G.... I have your Go Hard article taped up in my locker. every day before i train i read it, it makes me realize how much your words and the iron saved me. i owe it to you, and to the weight room. ill be paying my dues everyday.

Crave
03-25-09, 7:01 pm
I dont know if anyone has heard of them, but there are these workouts i have to do called "Crossfits". for example, today i had to do this workout:

pullups (hitting chest to bar)- 14x
400 meter run
KB swings- 50 lbs.

all repeated 3 times, like a circuit workout.

i find these workouts extremely boring because they do not involve lifting, but during them it give me time to think. i realized that one is the happiest when they are doing something they love (obviously), and normally that is something you do alone. Animals, we enjoy making ourselves better. Other people can just hold you back from your goals, to take away your chance of succes.... depending on if they have anything to gain. As i have said before, i believe the only person you can truly count on is yourself, because it is human nature to "get what's yours, fuck the rest". which is not necissarily a bad mentality, i believe that the Animal mentality is similar to this.

I also just started another cycle of Animal Stak, stacked with a creatine supplement (i will be starting Animal Pump after this current creatine is empty), glutamine, an amino acid complex, and obviously Whey Protein. I am on the second day of my Animal Stak cycle, and surprisingly i have actually been "happier" persay. It is probably due to my better workout performance, but shit, its working.

My reasoning today was that dont put everything you have into others. make sure you put effort for yourself first, but care about those who are closest to you as well.

more later, Drew

Crave
03-25-09, 7:20 pm
Oh, how could i forget. today was a huge day in training. i was just finishing my 3-hour total a set of deadlifts followed by push press, when another guy came up to me. he was a guy who i played football with when i was still able to play, and yes, he was the type of cocky, stick up his ass football players who dont know the first thing about working out and think the more creatine you take the less you have to workout. He said to me, "why do you torture yourself with the shit you do? just do the exersizes that show off your good muscles" and he proceeded to flex his bitch arms and calfs. i almost fucking lost it for a second, but then i suddenly felt sorry for him. the fact that someone is so uncomfortable and unhappy with themself that they feel like they have to workout to impress others? i laughed. My response to him was "Torture? torture is something that is not enjoyed. making myself better is something i enjoy. i CRAVE what i do." and thats why that is my username.

Though it does make me irritated to see these type of underarmour- wearing, cocky tools in the weight room, it makes me feel better about myself. it gives me the drive to stay my course, to never be like them. i will never look like an underarmour clothing rep walking through the gym, thats not my style and i dont think it is any Animal's style. I have no reason to "show off" my body, im not trying to impress anyone. i do what i do for me.

Crave
04-11-09, 12:06 am
Hey y'all I was in the hospital for two weeks, just got back... I'll pick up where I left off soon.

G Diesel
05-18-09, 12:05 pm
Hey y'all I was in the hospital for two weeks, just got back... I'll pick up where I left off soon.

Hope you're doing better, my brother... Will be looking forward to watching you progress soon.

Peace, G