PDA

View Full Version : split decisions

strivin for more
03-24-09, 4:20 pm
hey brothers. im currently on a 5 day split, legs, push, pull, shoulders, rest. but i was wondering in your guys opinions, would a one week split be better, like monday chest, tues legs, wed rest, ect? thanks guys. its just some days i dont have it in me to finish off biceps or triceps on their respective days after the larger group.

Gambit
03-24-09, 4:23 pm
hey brothers. im currently on a 5 day split, legs, push, pull, shoulders, rest. but i was wondering in your guys opinions, would a one week split be better, like monday chest, tues legs, wed rest, ect? thanks guys. its just some days i dont have it in me to finish off biceps or triceps on their respective days after the larger group.

Does that mean you're on for 4 days, off 1, then back on for 4, currently? If that's the case, I'd throw in another rest day, but that's just me. Rest has always been good to me.

How are you responding to your current routine? Have you plateaued? If you're still early in your weightlifting career, don't get too nitpicky. It's easy to micromanage...especially in the weight room.

Classified09
03-24-09, 8:05 pm
I do a five day split with 5 on 2 off. Bi + Tri day is on wed. This gives each body part enough time to rest - despite being worked as secondary muscles in certain exercises.

strivin for more
03-25-09, 5:09 pm
ya i suppose it was either one of the two mentioned above. but i agree with gambit. ill just stick to what i got and not get too nit-picky. thanks guys.

shizz702
03-25-09, 5:12 pm
5 days a week is too much volume imo, I'd drop the arm day and do tricep work on chest day, and bicep work on pull day. Personally I think the extra day off would aid in recovery and you would probably make much better gains that way.