PDA

View Full Version : Please help with my cutting diet

J Will
03-24-09, 9:16 pm
Please help me, This is where i am at now with my diet. Any advice would be nice. I weighed 208 and im down to 195 right now. I want to go down to 180 and start gaining mass again

My Cutting Diet
Time Food Calories Fat Carbs Protien
7:00 AM 3 x-large eggs 255 17.4 1.2 22

Triple Whey
Protein Shake
1 Scoop 130 1 6 26

11:00 AM Triple Whey
Protein Shake
1 Scoop 130 1 6 26

Tuna Salad
1 can w/ mayo 265 12.5 0 37.5

4:00 PM Triple Whey
Protein Shake
1 Scoop 130 1 6 26

7:00 PM 12 oz lean meat 880 28 0 104

Totals 1790 60.9 19.2 241.5

J Will
03-25-09, 8:24 am
any advice or input would be nice

sanga
03-25-09, 8:30 am
Ok you have dropped from 208 to 195 so my advice to you would be to look at adding cardio in or increasing current cardio sessions before changing the diet that got you from 208 to 195.

Do you currently do cardio?

J Will
03-25-09, 9:00 am
ive have been biking about 8 miles a day, which is much, but its a big change since i use to do no cardio at all.

Does the diet look goood though, or should i take out some more things?

J Will
03-25-09, 9:04 am
By the way, i dropped that weight in a week about

Aggression
03-25-09, 9:08 am
What was your diet like prior to this cut? If you were eating a lot more, expect to lose a lot of weight quickly, but not in a good way. I see no carbohydrate intake in there. If you were eating a good amount of carbs before this, you will drop a ton of weight fast, including muscle, which is not something you want to do. Cutting is all about slowly lowering food intake over time. Every few weeks, you would drop out some more carbs.

As for cardio, low intesnity cardio always worked for me. ~30min right when waking up, or after training. You have to ease into the diet, and ease into the low carb intake. If you go from high carbs to nothing within a week, you'll drop too much overall weight.

post up your diet 'pre-cut'

J Will
03-25-09, 9:42 am
I have never really written my diet before, this is the first time that im actually watching what i eat. I just know before i use to get a lot of my calories from carbs and i was probably at 3000+ calories

Aggression
03-25-09, 9:46 am
I have never really written my diet before, this is the first time that im actually watching what i eat. I just know before i use to get a lot of my calories from carbs and i was probably at 3000+ calories

Ok, well like I said, going from high carb intake to nothing at all, you're going to drop too much weight, too quickly. I'd suggest adding in some carbs to start. Some oats in the morning, some potatoes/rice during the other meals. Stick with that for a 2-3 weeks and let your body take form from that first. you'll notice you'll look cleaner and leaner, even with the carbs.

After doing that for a few weeks, slowly drop the carbs during the oncoming weeks. lower the amount of carbs per meal. for example, go from 8oz potato to 6oz in all meals. every week or so, drop a little bit more and make sure you get in some green veggies.

dieting is a slow process and shouldn't be a race. The more you ease into the diet, the better you'll be. Take it slow and eat right, you'll look good in no-time

J Will
03-25-09, 10:04 am
thank you, i will take your advice. Im just so use to the way we would cut weight in wrestling that that is how i always have done it. I need to change that though. So would it be safe to say i should take in about 75-100 carbs a day?

Aggression
03-25-09, 10:10 am
thank you, i will take your advice. Im just so use to the way we would cut weight in wrestling that that is how i always have done it. I need to change that though. So would it be safe to say i should take in about 75-100 carbs a day?

It depends on how many you took in before your cut. if you ate whatever you wanted before your cut, take a typical day and find out the carb intake. match that carb intake with good carbs (potato, oats, rice) for a week or 2. Then start lowering them down.

J Will
03-25-09, 10:15 am
Breakfast 6:45am Protein Fat Carb
6 Egg Whites 24 0 0
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Mid-Morning 9:45am Protein Fat Carb
1 Chicken Breast 27 0 3
Sweat Potato 4 0 37

Lunch 12:00pm Protein Fat Carb
2 Chicken Breast 54 4 6
Salad w/ olive oil 0 6 3

Pre-Work Out 4:30pm Protein Fat Carb
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Dinner/Post 8:00pm Protein Fat Carb
2 Chicken Breast 54 0 6
Isopure 50 0 3

After Dinner 10:30pm Protein Fat Carb
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Protein Fat Carb
Total 309 46 106

Calories 1236 414 424
Total 2074

do you think that this looks better. As far as my pre cut diet. I ate a lot but very clean so im pretty sure that my intake for carbs wasnt to high

Aggression
03-25-09, 10:23 am
Breakfast 6:45am Protein Fat Carb
6 Egg Whites 24 0 0
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Mid-Morning 9:45am Protein Fat Carb
1 Chicken Breast 27 0 3
Sweat Potato 4 0 37

Lunch 12:00pm Protein Fat Carb
2 Chicken Breast 54 4 6
Salad w/ olive oil 0 6 3

Pre-Work Out 4:30pm Protein Fat Carb
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Dinner/Post 8:00pm Protein Fat Carb
2 Chicken Breast 54 0 6
Isopure 50 0 3

After Dinner 10:30pm Protein Fat Carb
Muscle Milk 32 12 16

Protein Fat Carb
Total 309 46 106

Calories 1236 414 424
Total 2074

do you think that this looks better. As far as my pre cut diet. I ate a lot but very clean so im pretty sure that my intake for carbs wasnt to high

First off, as Forvm rules state, do not mentioned other company's products here. Protein shake would suffice instead. Secondly, if you didn't eat a lot of carbs prior, then you should be ok. If you're losing more than 2-3lbs/week, then I'd start adding carbs back in until you even out. you should be dropping 1-2lbs per week.

jonsbsn
03-26-09, 10:59 am
my only advice is make your first meal your biggest meal and your post workout meal your second biggest meal. That first meal kind of should set the tone. It also gets your metabolism going and similar to muscle memory, it will think I need to burn X amount of calories at every meal. So if you eat less after that first meal your body will burn more calories then it consumes as long as you are properly exercising. Everything else (including dinner if its not pwo) should be smaller with plenty of protein. Your bedtime meal should have 0 carbs unless you want to throw some veggies in before bed... that'd actually probably be better.

jonsbsn
03-26-09, 11:02 am
actually that's one thing you are lacking is veggies... do not underestimate the power of veggies for weight loss. They are full of fiber and keep your bowels moving... this prevents crap from building up in your bowels from your high protein diet. Colon health (improves bowel fnct which aids in overall health which leads to weight loss) plus you shit out that extra weight. 2 for one weight loss deal with the veggies. . .

J Will
03-26-09, 11:07 am
i guess this brings up the typical questions everyone has with the keto and low carb or no carb diets. Will my body break down muscle for energy instead? cannibalizing muscle. Or will my body go for the fat. Does it seem like the protein intake is enough for my weight?

J Will
03-26-09, 11:08 am
actually that's one thing you are lacking is veggies... do not underestimate the power of veggies for weight loss. They are full of fiber and keep your bowels moving... this prevents crap from building up in your bowels from your high protein diet. Colon health (improves bowel fnct which aids in overall health which leads to weight loss) plus you shit out that extra weight. 2 for one weight loss deal with the veggies. . .

I just started to eat those because i also noticed i was lacking those

jonsbsn
03-26-09, 12:52 pm
i guess this brings up the typical questions everyone has with the keto and low carb or no carb diets. Will my body break down muscle for energy instead? cannibalizing muscle. Or will my body go for the fat. Does it seem like the protein intake is enough for my weight?

you can still lose weight when you eat carbs. Unless you are trying to get into contest shape you'll lose weight with fewer calories and more cardio/exercise. I believe too many people think there is some magic diet or specific carb/calorie/protein balance that will allow you to keep your muscle and lose all the fat. Well the hard truth is you are going to lose muscle size but a lot of that is the fat that is streaked throughout the muscle.

Are you training for a contest? If you are than I understand why you are so concerned. Otherwise simply focusing on general fitness for a few months (abs, plyos, sprints, running, supersets, endurance, proper diet) will get you to where you want to be.

MDur8
03-27-09, 10:46 pm
What's your bodyfat percentage?

Once you have that you can base protein/carb/fat requirements off of it. Id start at 1.5g protein, 1.5 carbs, .5g fat multiplied by your lean body mass. Seperating meals into Pro/Carb and Pro/Fat, with dark green veggies at every whole food meal, will be beneficial IMO; limit carbohydrates to Meal 1, PWO, PPWO.