PDA

View Full Version : a return to the roots...point horizon

k1usa
03-25-09, 6:36 pm
After dropping off Natalie at her car last night in Fremont....I noticed my timing was off and hitting the gym back in my town was not going to happen untill after 9pm after the travel time up the hill. So...I desided to hit the gym in Fremont that I started my comeback at...a Fitness 19...one of the oldest ones in the bay area...somewhat rusty and not so fancy...small and cramped...but as I walked into the gym...it hit me....Oh My God....Im home.

I was greeted by the front desk gal...has not seen me in over a year...and there were a few members that remembered me...but it was late and only had an hour to train so I saved my high fives till post work out.

I changed...walked out into the free weight area and proceded to bang chest...and my brothers...the energy was something else...I felt so charged up. I hit incline bench...6 sets started at 145 and want to 315......felt great...felt like I did a double shot of Animal Shock stacked with Plasmajet and 2 coffees!!!!...proceded to Decline..same poundage and 6 sets I think...then punished the 100 DB's for flat bench press....and felt like exploding.

I had to end up with that as the gym was announcing its time to close. I just sat there and took in the moment...the machines and iron...I looked at the mirror and saw myself as a new being...a renewed life and spirit. I remembered the first few months of training there...the pain...the lost structure from 22 years of not lifting...and it hit me hard....its all different now...my body..my mind and soul....all I see is a changed life...new energy and power. I remember when I first walked into this gym 3 years ago and said..."god help me through this" ...I found the Animal Forum shortly after that...started to get back on track...a new track and and felt my life return.

As I picked up my bag...and headed to the door as the lights were being turned off...all I could think was....this time we have is in fact the companion we travel with...and this time has been so dear to me...so special....and where that fucking beast was born...was once again punished into submission. I never will forget this moment....

Thrawn
03-25-09, 6:43 pm
Post chilled me to the bone, brother. I could just envision it right before my eyes.

RUEHS
03-25-09, 6:48 pm
dam. more good fuckin writings man! dam.
Loved it, keep on writin!

"felt like I did a double shot of Animal Shock stacked with Plasmajet and 2 coffees!!!!"
hahahha hell yeah!!!

deanna7272
03-25-09, 6:51 pm
Great post... Some of us have had that feeling of having a renewed life and spirit through the iron and it is amazing. I hope others have a chance to feel it also...

machineman
03-25-09, 9:46 pm
moving and motivational as always, Russ.....

Ricky P
03-25-09, 10:37 pm
Hit home with me Russ, good shit man. Love it. Way to dominate.

Psycho77
03-25-09, 10:42 pm
yet another good writeup Russ. Keep it coming.

ghost
03-26-09, 9:11 am
great post brother. keep killing it.

McFly
03-26-09, 9:30 am
that had to be a great feeling, I think we at times live for moments like that....it's what drives us further and deeper down that road we call life.

rmeguy
03-26-09, 9:42 am
damn good post brother!!! I could actually picture myself as you during that reading. Chilling is not even the right word to use for this... inspiring, that is the best word, very moving, keep up the badass work bro!!

-Ben

C.Coronato
03-26-09, 10:05 am
The roots planted so long ago should never be forgotten, as moments like those need to be present. Keep the fire lit and push thru brother. You know where you come from and how far you have come from there..

D-Bomb
03-26-09, 10:38 am
fantastic way to start off a journal man...roots are important...very important...especially with gym, you need to find a place you call home.