PDA

View Full Version : Small Waist

Fricano
03-25-09, 7:48 pm
A small waist is necessary for a great v-taper. Right now my waist has gotten a little big, say around 35 inches. With good diet and training i should be able to bring my waist back in, right? Also any tips for keeping a small waist while bulking. I have heard that wearing a belt at all times helps. Most pros do this including the House. Should you wear a belt all the time?

MrMuscles22
03-25-09, 7:57 pm
A small waist is necessary for a great v-taper. Right now my waist has gotten a little big, say around 35 inches. With good diet and training i should be able to bring my waist back in, right? Also any tips for keeping a small waist while bulking. I have heard that wearing a belt at all times helps. Most pros do this including the House. Should you wear a belt all the time?

I know a lot of guys who wear a belt all the time, but I feel you should only wear it during exercises where your lower back is compromised. If you wear it everyday for every exercise your lower back is going to get weak and more prone to injury. Instead, a better choice would be to focus on keeping your abs tight through out the exercises and this will create a natural "belt" and strengthen your abs @ the same time. As far as your waistline, getting your diet cleaned up and adding some cardio to the routine will shrink it back up for ya. It is very unlikely that you are going to bulk up without adding a little size to your waist. This can be minimized by avoiding unhealthy "cheat" foods in your diet and keep your bulk diet clean by eatting only healthy protein, carbs, and fats.

andrewT
03-25-09, 10:02 pm
I suffer from the same problem in my love handles/ lower stomach whereas the rest of my body is virtually fat free.

I am going to add in morning fasted cardio to counter it (although it probably won't do much) I do not want to cut yet as I have barely anything to cut down to!

trainer89
03-26-09, 10:54 am
I know a lot of guys who wear a belt all the time, but I feel you should only wear it during exercises where your lower back is compromised. If you wear it everyday for every exercise your lower back is going to get weak and more prone to injury. Instead, a better choice would be to focus on keeping your abs tight through out the exercises and this will create a natural "belt" and strengthen your abs @ the same time. As far as your waistline, getting your diet cleaned up and adding some cardio to the routine will shrink it back up for ya. It is very unlikely that you are going to bulk up without adding a little size to your waist. This can be minimized by avoiding unhealthy "cheat" foods in your diet and keep your bulk diet clean by eatting only healthy protein, carbs, and fats.

so basically everything MrMuscles22 said :)

stringed bean
03-26-09, 5:03 pm
[QUOTE=MrMuscles22;672543]I know a lot of guys who wear a belt all the time, but I feel you should only wear it during exercises where your lower back is compromised. If you wear it everyday for every exercise your lower back is going to get weak and more prone to injury. QUOTE]

I read in a Men's Health magazine that wearing a belt dosent actually do anything to protect your back and that wearing one could be worse for you becuse some people have the mindset that it is protecting them.

BubbyLight
03-26-09, 5:56 pm
and if u are reading mens health. it also tells you to avoid carbs at all times. work your abs 24/7 and dont eat anything and just be a vegan....so good luck with that

MrMuscles22
03-26-09, 6:09 pm
and if u are reading mens health. it also tells you to avoid carbs at all times. work your abs 24/7 and dont eat anything and just be a vegan....so good luck with that

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but it's true. The readers of Men's Health don't regularly go in the gym and squat 405lbs for reps or bench press 315lbs for sets of 12-15. Men's Health really doesn't apply when it comes to bodybuilding/powerlifting. It is more suited for regular joes who just want to be toned and weigh 165lbs and run 10 miles/day. When you get under the bar for a set of squats with a lot of weight, it becomes hard to focus your attention on keeping your abs in tight the whole time. Wearing a belt in certain exercises will keep your abs in tight to your spine and prevent them from relaxing during the movement. Trust me, I have hurt my lower back more times than I can count doing heavy movements without a belt. They do help out a lot!

stringed bean
03-26-09, 9:21 pm
I dont follow the magazines guidlines for fitness at all i just like some of the articles and there is a subscriber in my house so i get to look free of charge so why not? I eat and train like an animal the same as you bud.