PDA

View Full Version : The WeighTrainer add 50 to ur bench help!!!

BeastCook
03-25-09, 8:49 pm
hey has anyone here tried the MM2k"Add 50lbs To Tour Bench Press" Program? does it really work on everyone? i know mine wont raise by 50 but prolly around 20-40 lbs, heres the split for it, im not sure if i should follow it

monday- bench press
dumbbell bench press

dumbbell side raise

lying triceps extension

wednesday- narrow-grip pulldown
barbell row
barbell curl

friday- rotator cuff exercise

bench press

weighted dips

saturdy - squats
leg press
leg curl

pmug0000
03-26-09, 12:11 am
I think most 'magic' programs like that are pretty much bullshit, but I suppose there's no harm in trying.

prowrestler
03-26-09, 12:15 am
I think most 'magic' programs like that are pretty much bullshit, but I suppose there's no harm in trying.

for some reason you wrote "most"?

lol ALL OF THEM ARE! how the fuck can you say a program will give you, your friend, your friends friend, your mom, dad, cousin, football coach, auto mechanic, family dog and the guy sitting in the front row of a midjet fight the SAME RESULTS?

it doesnt work that way. you can never put things in a "one size fits all" when it comes to trainging.

and that program has NO PLAN what so ever. i dont see any method/plan that would increase your bench. it simply says 'bench"

fenix237
03-26-09, 4:27 pm
i've done that program several times over the last few years- iusually get 40-60 lbs out of it

my bench has went from 315 to 435, largely due to this program. I think it's great! i've done it with friends who got worthwhile results. it's still worth doing even if you get a 30lb increase

obviously, no program works great for everyone, especially if your advanced.

i would suggest to try it out- it's only 7 weeks, but by ripping on something that you've never tried, you could be shorting yourself out of some valuable gains.

i read over at the powerlifting threads, the best advice the pros give to us lesser folks is to never be close minded to something

AFTazz06
03-26-09, 5:05 pm
Dont rely on bech pressing as your ONLY chest excercise. There's hundreds of other excercises you SHOULD do inorder to shock and grow your chest out. Seems your only focusing on bench pressing, never a good thing...

fenix237
03-26-09, 5:18 pm
and that program has NO PLAN what so ever. i dont see any method/plan that would increase your bench. it simply says 'bench"

prowrestler, there is a spreadsheet that you need to plug in your max benchpress. from there, it give you what weight, rep, sets, and negs to do on Mon and Fri. there are also several test days where you will gauge your progress and adjust accordingly.

AFTazz06- it's a specialized program for increasing your bench press- you just want to maintain your back, legs, etc...while you are doing it. i have programs for bench, squats, powercleans- i like to cycle them, focusing on a particular lift and get strong on them and move to the next one. they are intense, that's why after 7 weeks, your body are ready for a less intense (1RM) routine

calcaneous
03-26-09, 5:55 pm

prowrestler, there is a spreadsheet that you need to plug in your max benchpress. from there, it give you what weight, rep, sets, and negs to do on Mon and Fri. there are also several test days where you will gauge your progress and adjust accordingly.

AFTazz06- it's a specialized program for increasing your bench press- you just want to maintain your back, legs, etc...while you are doing it. i have programs for bench, squats, powercleans- i like to cycle them, focusing on a particular lift and get strong on them and move to the next one. they are intense, that's why after 7 weeks, your body are ready for a less intense (1RM) routine

whats the point in only increasing one exercise while maintaining others? wasting time just maintaining them while they could be getting stronger.

AFTazz06
03-26-09, 6:03 pm
whats the point in only increasing one exercise while maintaining others? wasting time just maintaining them while they could be getting stronger.

Exactly! Seems a bit lazy to me...

BeastCook
03-26-09, 6:27 pm
Exactly! Seems a bit lazy to me...

lazy? i call it coomitment, i love doing 4 or 5 day split while hitting every bodypart once a week, heres the routine that i was about to follow to increase my bench......this routine seems absolutely boring but i may give it a try, because im already ripped and big but my bench numbers are not "eye-popping"

monday- bench press
dumbbell bench press

dumbbell side raise

lying triceps extension

barbell row
barbell curl

bench press

weighted dips

saturdy - squats
leg press
leg curl

BeastCook
03-26-09, 6:27 pm

powerlifting brother.

prowrestler
03-26-09, 6:31 pm

oh, ok, i didnt see anything in the original post. id like to see more detail

fenix237
03-27-09, 12:00 pm

the point is that when you get your bench press moving up, you add considerable muscle to your chest, shoulders, and tri's.

your body only has limited resources to recuperate from an intense program unless you are an elite athlete or on some good "supplements". for me personally, i find it more appealling, and less boring, to be on a specific routine for bench, squats, back etc... and rotate them

i'm more powerlifter than bodybuilder, so i'm always looking to move more weight

prowrestler, here is the link to the program- the Excel spreadsheets are there as well.
have a look when you get a chance

http://www.weightrainer.net/spreadsheets/add50.html

Lunchead
03-27-09, 1:14 pm
'i'm more powerlifter than bodybuilder, so i'm always looking to move more weight'

are you a powerlifter at all? following a program to add 50 lbs is going to have u setting ridiculous targets and the lazy person ie. someone who may use a magic bullet program, may cheat to achieve this goal... i know guys who bench 315 for a whole 2 inch stroke and then plug the figure in their journal with a big smile on theif face...

prowrestler
03-27-09, 1:15 pm
the point is that when you get your bench press moving up, you add considerable muscle to your chest, shoulders, and tri's.

your body only has limited resources to recuperate from an intense program unless you are an elite athlete or on some good "supplements". for me personally, i find it more appealling, and less boring, to be on a specific routine for bench, squats, back etc... and rotate them

i'm more powerlifter than bodybuilder, so i'm always looking to move more weight

prowrestler, here is the link to the program- the Excel spreadsheets are there as well.
have a look when you get a chance

http://www.weightrainer.net/spreadsheets/add50.html

i cant really find the real plan it offers but from what i can see, its based off your 1 rep max and adding %s weekly to it.

im not a fan of the extra negatives and failure training though, especialy the negatives. thats a big injury booster IMO. considering he wants them done weekly.

id way prefer westsides method for bench

IRBS
03-27-09, 1:22 pm
hey has anyone here tried the MM2k"Add 50lbs To Tour Bench Press" Program? does it really work on everyone? i know mine wont raise by 50 but prolly around 20-40 lbs, heres the split for it, im not sure if i should follow it

monday- bench press
dumbbell bench press

dumbbell side raise

lying triceps extension

barbell row
barbell curl

bench press

weighted dips

saturdy - squats
leg press
leg curl

This is not all that "ground breaking"...I'm sure it will work just fine though. Most people could add several pounds to their bench press if they trained properly. Only way to find out how well it will work is to give it a go and see what happens.

Negatives are garbage and a poor use of training time IMO though.

fenix237
03-27-09, 2:03 pm
'i'm more powerlifter than bodybuilder, so i'm always looking to move more weight'

are you a powerlifter at all? following a program to add 50 lbs is going to have u setting ridiculous targets and the lazy person ie. someone who may use a magic bullet program, may cheat to achieve this goal... i know guys who bench 315 for a whole 2 inch stroke and then plug the figure in their journal with a big smile on theif face...

i'm not sure what your point is here bro???

like IRBS said, there is nothing groundbreaking about this program. i'm not saying this is better than any other bench program. what i am saying is that i've done this program and got good results on it. if you are interested try it out, if not don't.

don't know what you mean by asking if i'm a powerlifter at all? i'm not anything special by any stretch, but i can press 315 for 12 strict reps- touch and go- not a 2 inch stroke. i can do 495 on the squat for 3 reps going well past parallel, and deadlift 495 for 1 (need to work on that) that's close to 1,500 lbs total- that's raw and natural

i have a long ways to go, and the forvm and the guys and gals on it, are on this road with me, to help and support me. by questioning my work ethic, with assumptions of cheating and laziness, does nothing positive bro...

btw, can anyone give a link to the westside bench program?

prowrestler
03-27-09, 2:35 pm
btw, can anyone give a link to the westside bench program?

westside benchs 2 times a week.

say wednesday and sunday.

one day is the max effort day. you work in triples, when triples are no longer possible, switch to singles for 3-4 sets.

conjugate (switch) the max effort lift every 1-3 weeks depending on experience and feel. use lifts like board presses,floor presses, close grip presses, pin presses and the more advanced guys can throw bands and chains in the mix for more variety.

2 tricep exercises

a row type exercise

front delt exercise

the other day is the dynamic effort day. speed is the goal. use about 50% of your 1 rep max and perform 8-10 sets of 3. if the bar is slow, drop the ego and weight. use the flat bench here, no conjugateing from what ive read.

a tricep exercise

vertical pulling exercise

rear/side delt

biceps exercise

that should be all you need. i may have forgotten something but i think this is a good basic outline.

remember, when an exercise grows dulll switch it up. deload every 4th-6th week.

fenix237
03-27-09, 2:43 pm
thanks Prowrestler! i've been wanting to try out the westside for awhile- i'm going to try that out for an upcoming benchpress competition june 13- how many weeks out do you think i should start it?

prowrestler
03-27-09, 3:35 pm
thanks Prowrestler! i've been wanting to try out the westside for awhile- i'm going to try that out for an upcoming benchpress competition june 13- how many weeks out do you think i should start it?

westside is a 52 weeks/year thing. id get on it ASAP. remember, its a program thats always evolving and tailored to your needs. if your lockout is incredible, logicaly dont waste too many weeks of ME 5 boar pressing.

you should enjoy it, i have 0 personel experience with westsides benching because my bench press is a history of epic failure (6 pec injurys later hahaha) but it helped my squat a good amount and my form, my accesory lifts and weight gain. my deadlift grows on its own but useing westsides thinking, i am makeing great gains on it again and gonna take a deadlift only raw competition soon i hope.