PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo, Deer, Beef.

Austin4205
03-26-09, 10:37 pm
What up yall, so im trying to add the mass for goals, i went to butcher i look at eye round and he said man you should try deer,its good for ya , but i cant get it, cant sell it, i was like ok so i go to my second guy and he gives me buffalo, im just trying to speak with others on which is the best. i weigh about 225 now and am looking to put on as much as i can beofre the classic next year, i need some help

rocky36
03-26-09, 10:55 pm
never had buffalo, had plenty of deer meat it tastes great im not sure about the exact nutrients in it but its fairly lean mean so i wouldnt see any problem at all with eating it.. the more i think about it the more im starting to crave it ... mmm

Firefist
03-26-09, 11:45 pm
bison tastes great, decently lean too, and im sure there is probably a farm around your area who raises em, "gets them ready", and packs it up for you. i got one here. buddys uncle owns an ostrich farm too, so i get some good stuff.

too be honest, cant go wrong with ground beef, especially with the bulk. cheap, taste great, million ways to make it taste good, AND IT WORKS!

Cstlfx
03-27-09, 12:23 am
They're all delicious. Buffalo has less cholesterol in it if you're worried about that. But really, all of them have the same protein. Wild game is going to be leaner, but if you cant get it, no problem. But if you do get the chance to try, go for it, delicious.

Austin4205
03-27-09, 1:23 am
im looking for deer but its hard around here , i walked into my buchers and said hey i need some eye round, he asked how many i said how many ounces are in a pound, he said 16 i said close to 4 pounds a day untill febuary, he and his buddies stood there and looked at me with there mouths open, then they said there a diff meat and diff butcher

C.Coronato
03-27-09, 10:25 am
im looking for deer but its hard around here , i walked into my buchers and said hey i need some eye round, he asked how many i said how many ounces are in a pound, he said 16 i said close to 4 pounds a day untill febuary, he and his buddies stood there and looked at me with there mouths open, then they said there a diff meat and diff butcher

So they turned you down for trying to buy 4 lbs a day?? Dear is hard to come by at normal butcher shops, unless your in wide open country area. Most of the time dear is not raised to be eaten, like Cow and the likewise.

Buh-Buh
03-27-09, 5:10 pm

Bro,

Its gonna be extremely hard to find any place that sells venison. Your best bet is to ask around to find friends or co-workers who hunt. I am willing to bet if you paid part of the processing fees they would gladly share some meat with you. Where are you at anyways?

Austin4205
03-27-09, 5:49 pm
I am in Indiana, we have gnc's and local health stores that over price animal and my butcher thinks im strange for need whole cases of beef, but i will talk around to hunters.

NEW B
03-27-09, 7:00 pm
try to find someone who hunts and offer them money for there time,tag,etc. most will give you deer and not ask for much in return. i hunt and live off of deer most of the year. cant go worng with 3-4 deer in the house. my wife and i hardly ever buy red meat at the store. aslo try other game. dove and turkey find its way to my grill all the time. i also have a hook up with fram freash brown eggs $1 a doz. just ask around or try hunting your self.