PDA

View Full Version : 3 Bro's hunt for 450

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

machineman
03-27-09, 5:10 am
So, in a friendly competition, 3 of us have decided to start a thread to push us to a 450# deadlift....those 3 are:

DANO
machineman
wedge

I will let DANO and wedge post their numbers....I am currently at 425.....I have tried 435 3 times now, but have not gotten it past the knees....so this "journey" is of our run to 450....and beyond......

The clock has struck ZERO, brothers.....it is time to get your game face on and test the waters.....

The actual comp will start on Monday, the 30th....I think for the sake of the journey, we will just post the deadlift portion of our workouts.....if you guys have camcorders or can shoot video of your PR lifts, that would be great....I know I can and will shoot vids so that should spice this up a bit!!

DANO....wedge.....let yourselves be heard and let get it ON!

Themostocles
03-27-09, 6:08 am
Get your game faces on and get ready to pulls some weight bros. Good luck to all of you!

firsthorseman97
03-27-09, 6:45 am
*subbed*

Good luck to all three of you.

wedge
03-27-09, 10:19 am
Lets get it on!

Right now, my 1RM is 415, with straps, no belt. I'm just coming off of the flu, was out of the game for about two weeks. No excuses though. Worked up to 405 last time I did deads on Tuesday. 425 got a few inches off of the floor.

I'll be bringing my lunch pail, as I always do. I have some solid brothers to take this journey with and I am looking forward to pulling into 450 and beyond.

I'll have to look into videotaping stuff though.

Gambit
03-27-09, 10:24 am
Oh man, the 3 amigos are after it. I'll definitely be watching

shizz702
03-27-09, 10:25 am
Fuck yea you know I'm in for this!

Best of luck bros!

JUGGERNAUT
03-27-09, 10:29 am
I'm not going to "side" with any of you on this one but know I give you my utmost in support and best wishes all!

DANO
03-27-09, 11:40 am
I too am at 415 with straps, have tried 425 and 435 getting them off the floor but can't lock it out... this push from these two other mules will get ALL of us there soon!

shizz702
03-27-09, 11:42 am
I too am at 415 with straps, have tried 425 and 435 getting them off the floor but can't lock it out... this push from these two other mules will get ALL of us there soon!

Try for 420 on your next max day bro. I was stuck at 405 for a while, and started microloading, and 410 got me out of that rut. Sometimes 10 lbs is just too much to add but chances are you can lift an extra 5.

DANO
03-27-09, 11:50 am
Try for 420 on your next max day bro. I was stuck at 405 for a while, and started microloading, and 410 got me out of that rut. Sometimes 10 lbs is just too much to add but chances are you can lift an extra 5.

I hear you man, that was going to be my next plan of attack

wedge
03-27-09, 12:08 pm

I think I am going to take this advice too.

shizz702
03-27-09, 12:10 pm
I think I am going to take this advice too.

By doing that it got me up to 425, and I just recently pulled 475 with reversed blue bands.

DANO
03-27-09, 12:27 pm
I think I am going to put every 2.5 plate I can find in the power rack!

Themostocles
03-27-09, 12:54 pm
Just out of curiosity, are you all pulling conventional? And what kind of grip are you using: double over, hook, over-under? Rep schemes?

DANO
03-27-09, 1:03 pm
Just out of curiosity, are you all pulling conventional? And what kind of grip are you using: double over, hook, over-under? Rep schemes?

Pulling conventional, and I am using an over-under grip, for max pulls when I use straps I use double over. My rep scheme varies, usually I do a 10 8 6, but on a max day it usually ends up like a 10, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, kind of thing.

Themostocles
03-27-09, 1:17 pm
but on a max day it usually ends up like a 10, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, kind of thing.

Just an opinion, I would stick to a triples and doubles up until 315, and then work singles. You don't want to waste excess energy on sets of 10 or 6.

wedge
03-27-09, 1:18 pm
Pulling conventional, and I am using an over-under grip, for max pulls when I use straps I use double over. My rep scheme varies, usually I do a 10 8 6, but on a max day it usually ends up like a 10, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, kind of thing.

I'm basically like this as well, but I always use over, under. I only break out the straps once I start getting into the mid 300s. My rep scheme usually fluctuates depending on how I'm feeling that workout.

Themostocles
03-27-09, 1:21 pm
You guys ever try using chalk versus straps? I am kind of a putz and find the straps distracting, and waste energy fiddling with them.

DANO
03-27-09, 1:29 pm
You guys ever try using chalk versus straps? I am kind of a putz and find the straps distracting, and waste energy fiddling with them.

No chalk in my gym, and I am cutting back on the use of straps, like wedge, I only use them in the high 300's and up.

Themostocles
03-27-09, 1:32 pm
Thats cool. Just asking, new to you guys, so I gotta learn. I cruised over from MM journey

DANO
03-27-09, 1:41 pm
Thats cool. Just asking, new to you guys, so I gotta learn. I cruised over from MM journey

Welcome!

wedge
03-27-09, 2:04 pm

We're here trying to learn to. I'm always worried about my rep schemes, am I doing to much warm up, not enough, etc. That is why I am always messing around with my rep scheme.
I've used chalk when I've used the local YMCA, but I don't have the extra money to purchase any for personal use at my home gym.

shizz702
03-27-09, 2:24 pm
Just an opinion, I would stick to a triples and doubles up until 315, and then work singles. You don't want to waste excess energy on sets of 10 or 6.

Agreed.

When going for new poundage territory you want to conserve all your energy, and keep the warm ups down to 1-3 reps. High reps warm ups on the deadlift tend to hinder progress at least in my experience.

DANO
03-27-09, 2:42 pm

Agreed.

When going for new poundage territory you want to conserve all your energy, and keep the warm ups down to 1-3 reps. High reps warm ups on the deadlift tend to hinder progress at least in my experience.

Advice well received, I am keeping my mind open to all suggestions on this hunt.

wedge
03-27-09, 4:00 pm
Advice well received, I am keeping my mind open to all suggestions on this hunt.

I'm with you on this one Dano. Live and learn.

shizz702
03-27-09, 4:05 pm
What are your current routines guys?

Since the deadlift is the major goal here you want to put that as your main focus and keep the volume low so you can focus all your energy towards it.

DANO
03-27-09, 5:09 pm

Since the deadlift is the major goal here you want to put that as your main focus and keep the volume low so you can focus all your energy towards it.

Right now I am kind of feeling out a new split so I can focus on the back/dead more. I plan on trying to put my deads on monday, and see where the rest falls. I train 5 days a week, mon-fri.

shizz702
03-27-09, 5:23 pm
Right now I am kind of feeling out a new split so I can focus on the back/dead more. I plan on trying to put my deads on monday, and see where the rest falls. I train 5 days a week, mon-fri.

By all means you got to do what works best for you, and if you can gain on 5 days a week go for it. But in my experience at least (and several others I've helped, machineman, and wedge included) I've found cutting down to 3 days a week and exclusively focusing on compound lifts has yielded much better strength and mass gains.

The problem I've had with training 4+ days a week is there is limited recovery time, and even if you are hitting different bodyparts, many muscles get hit indirectly from different exercises and your body is still taking a beating 5x times a week.

You might want to consider gearing things more towards abbreviated training for this cycle, I'd put money on it you'd make better gains that way.

Crash
03-27-09, 5:33 pm
I've used chalk when I've used the local YMCA, but I don't have the extra money to purchase any for personal use at my home gym.

...Goto your local Bowling Center and ask for a rosin bag/ball...I think mine cost $6...

...Strength and Honor...

DANO
03-27-09, 5:46 pm
I'll give it a shot, what breakdowns do you suggest?

machineman
03-27-09, 5:58 pm

trying to swipe my mentor, are ya! hahaha......

rep scheme is going to drop for me as well....not as many warm up sets....and going to focus ALL my energy on the heavier weight.....once I can no longer get 1-3 reps double over, I will switch to over under grip......

this weekend is going to be resting and eating for me...after my deload days, I am still sore...so it is time to rest and eat this weekend.....

I have been relying too much on the straps....lately, I have been trying to go as heavy as possible without them....this journey I am going to try to leave them in the bag...period....my goal is to get 450 no straps, no belt...I have never used a belt and as of now, I think it would just be something else to get used to.....

great idea on the resin bag, Crash....thanks.....

any and all support/advice is welcomed......and appreciated!

shizz702
03-27-09, 6:00 pm

I think a good productive split both for strength and mass gains would be something like this:

Train 3 non consecutive days a week, Mon/Wed/Fri or Tue/Thu/Sat, whatever works best for you

Mon

Back/Biceps

Deadlifts-ramp to a top of up to 1-3 reps, if feeling up for it hit a back off set afterward.
One arm dumbell rows-3x8.
Chinups-3 sets to failure, do them weighted.
Barbell curls-3x8
Weighted hyperextesions-2x12

Wed

Legs/Abs

Leg extensions-3 light setups to warm them up.
Squats-3x5, like deads, hit a back off set if feeling strong.
Leg curls-3x10-12
Calf raises-2x20
4 sets of weighted situps

Fri

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Strict standing barbell press-3x5
Incline dumbbelll press-3x8
Weighted dips-3x8
Skull crushers-2x12

Something like that would be good for both strength and mass. I don't it doesn't seem like much, but trust me cutting back on the volume has done nothing but wonders for me, and the bros on here I've suggested it to. Strive to hit PR's for either reps or weight on all your exercises each workout, and give it your all on the deadlifts and you'll be amazed at the gains bro. You'll also be glad to see you don't have to be in the gym 5x a week to do so.

Hope this helps bro.

DANO
03-27-09, 6:08 pm
Looks solid, I'll def. give it a try. Thanks for detailed plan, more than I was expecting.

sanga
03-27-09, 6:11 pm
Great journey lads, I`ll be looking in on this one daily.

All the best to you all.

shizz702
03-27-09, 6:16 pm
Looks solid, I'll def. give it a try. Thanks for detailed plan, more than I was expecting.

I'm glad to help bro. Hope it works out well for you.

GUNJAK
03-27-09, 6:19 pm
Best of luck to the 3 of ya. Won't be long.

wedge
03-27-09, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the offer of help Shizz. Though I have drifted from it and honestly don't remember the exact routine, I did have a blast with it. I'll post what I'm doing now (a routine fashioned by Prowrestler) and feel free to pick it apart or offer suggestions. You have yet to steer me wrong.

Compound mass movements start off each day

Monday-Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday-Upper Back
Wed.-Off
Thursday, Legs and Lower Back (Deadlifts)
Friday-Arms

Thanks for the tip on the rosin ball Crash....def going to look into it.

shizz702
03-27-09, 6:48 pm
Thanks for the offer of help Shizz. Though I have drifted from it and honestly don't remember the exact routine, I did have a blast with it. I'll post what I'm doing now (a routine fashioned by Prowrestler) and feel free to pick it apart or offer suggestions. You have yet to steer me wrong.

Compound mass movements start off each day

Monday-Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday-Upper Back
Wed.-Off
Thursday, Legs and Lower Back (Deadlifts)
Friday-Arms

Thanks for the tip on the rosin ball Crash....def going to look into it.

Prowrestler is a good friend of mine on here, and him and I see eye to eye in our training methods, so I'm sure it's a pretty good routine.

The only change I'd make there is to drop the arm day, to allow more recovery, and do tricep work on the chest shoulder day, a few sets of dips and skull crushers will do. And train your entire back rather than splitting it up, and finish your biceps off on that day, some chins and curls will do them good. So by doing all that you'll want to do change up your training days to mon/wed/fri, or tue/thu/sat, whatever works best for you.

Either way you can't go wrong, prowrestler is a good dude so I'm sure the routine is solid, it really boils down to your preference.

Hope that helps bro.

And btw, the routine I put you on was a classic split I developed that has worked well for you, me, and machineman, it was the push day/pull day/dynamic day, you used it for your strongman comp I believe.

wedge
03-27-09, 8:30 pm
Prowrestler is a good friend of mine on here, and him and I see eye to eye in our training methods, so I'm sure it's a pretty good routine.

The only change I'd make there is to drop the arm day, to allow more recovery, and do tricep work on the chest shoulder day, a few sets of dips and skull crushers will do. And train your entire back rather than splitting it up, and finish your biceps off on that day, some chins and curls will do them good. So by doing all that you'll want to do change up your training days to mon/wed/fri, or tue/thu/sat, whatever works best for you.

Either way you can't go wrong, prowrestler is a good dude so I'm sure the routine is solid, it really boils down to your preference.

Hope that helps bro.

And btw, the routine I put you on was a classic split I developed that has worked well for you, me, and machineman, it was the push day/pull day/dynamic day, you used it for your strongman comp I believe.

I've been making some good gains (or was before I got sick) with Pro's routine. Going to have to condense it a bit though and move back to Monday, when I'm freshest.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Monday-Back-focus on deads-with some bicep work
Tuesday-Eat
Wednesday-Chest/Shoulders/Some tris
Thursday-Eat
Friday-Legs-focus on squats, but accessory work also

Yeah, the routine you helped me with was for the strongman contest. It helped me with the 12' foot telephone flip. Couldn't do it two years ago, got it for five this go around.
Thanks again.

shizz702
03-27-09, 8:34 pm
I've been making some good gains (or was before I got sick) with Pro's routine. Going to have to condense it a bit though and move back to Monday, when I'm freshest.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Monday-Back-focus on deads-with some bicep work
Tuesday-Eat
Wednesday-Chest/Shoulders/Some tris
Thursday-Eat
Friday-Legs-focus on squats, but accessory work also

Yeah, the routine you helped me with was for the strongman contest. It helped me with the 12' foot telephone flip. Couldn't do it two years ago, got it for five this go around.
Thanks again.

That looks perfect bro! Lol make sure you eat Mon/Wed/Fri too ;)

Glad the routine helped you bro!

Best wishes to you on this new split!

Elite
03-27-09, 9:33 pm
I like this, not only the 3 bro's side by side, egging eachother on to the goal, but also the great advice and help given by others. This should be very interesting.

machineman
03-29-09, 3:53 pm
so it is Sunday afternoon.....I have rested about as much as I can.....I think there are some issues along these lines, but that is for another day.....tomorrow starts off our little journey....I am excited to say the least....but at the same time, I am apprehensive....can I get it? can I push my limits to get it? I know I will put the work in....the only thing that is left to do is to do it......this is going to take me to places that I have never been before as far as strength goes...I feel that I have come so far on my journey....with the help of several people here, I have made tremendous gains in strength and size.....I am happy with the things I see...there are a few things that need work, but that is okay.....I can work on those things......I am not satisfied with where I am, though.....I need more....I WANT more....more size....more strength.....

This journey with DANO and wedge will push me harder than I have been pushed before....I don't care if I reach 450 first or last....it is about the journey....it is about helping others reach their goals as well....its about brother pushing brother in the never ending quest of improvement......

Themostocles
03-29-09, 3:54 pm
You all have it in you, now you just got to rip it out

machineman
03-29-09, 3:56 pm
You all have it in you, now you just got to rip it out

thanks, Seth

wedge
03-29-09, 5:51 pm
This journey with DANO and wedge will push me harder than I have been pushed before....I don't care if I reach 450 first or last....it is about the journey....it is about helping others reach their goals as well....its about brother pushing brother in the never ending quest of improvement......

That is why I signed on for this.

shizz702
03-29-09, 6:10 pm
You got it Bob, 450 is gonna be your bitch sooner or later! With your drive and determination there is no stopping you. You got plenty of support here from me and the other fellow brothers in iron, and you have the resolve to put the necessary work in, it's nothing more than just a matter of time, that's it.

machineman
03-29-09, 6:19 pm
You got it Bob, 450 is gonna be your bitch sooner or later! With your drive and determination there is no stopping you. You got plenty of support here from me and the other fellow brothers in iron, and you have the resolve to put the necessary work in, it's nothing more than just a matter of time, that's it.

thanks, bro....means alot to have your confidence!! I know these other cats are hungry as hell.....I have some work to do....this should be an epic journey for all involved!

machineman
03-29-09, 6:19 pm

me too, bro.....

wedge
03-30-09, 9:43 am
Back workout today, with focus on deadlifts. Young&Hungry helped me get my form down and go over a rep range at Saturday's ABC, so I should be good to go.
I'll post numbers later tonight or tomorrow. Been looking forward to today since yesterday.

wedge
03-30-09, 10:16 am
Forgot to post this up in the earlier post. This is the workout I am planning on using during this journey. Feel free to leave your impressions of it, but just leave comments on the back part here and anything else in my journey, since this thread is for our 450 journey.

For this journey, with the help of Young&Hungry, Shizz and a few others, I've put together a new routine.
Monday-Back/Bis
Deads-Rep scheme changes depending on if I am doing heavy singles that day
Lat pull down- 3 x 10-12
One arm row/ Face pull superset- 3 x 6-8
Good mornings- 4 x 10-12
superset two bicep excercises

Tuesday-Rest

Wednesday-Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Dumbbell press-Work up weight until I can't do more than six
Incline dumbbell press- 4 x 10-12
Pec Deck- 4 x 10-12
Strict Press- 4 x 3-12
Heavy shrugs/ lat raise superset 4 x 10
Superset two tricep exercises

Thursday-Rest

Friday-Legs
Box squats- excessive sets
Zurchers- 4 x 6-12
superset two hamstring excercises, heavy 4 x 4-12
Calf raises- 4 x 10-15

DANO
03-30-09, 12:05 pm

That makes the three of us!

machineman
03-30-09, 12:08 pm
DANO...you doing DL's today/tonight? I am not sure what I am starting with.....just have to wait and see.....kill that back session, wedge.....split looks good, too.....

DANO
03-30-09, 12:20 pm
Yep, DL's on tap for today, going to check my ego and just try for 420 on a max today.
I usually work out between 12:30 and 1:30 my time.

machineman
03-30-09, 12:20 pm
Today is the day...the start of this journey...the day broke here sunny, but cool....a nice spring morning, really....sun was out...birds were awake and chirpin......as I am driving to work, I am thinking about this journey that we are about to undertake.....I think of the time that I have put in so far and wonder, can I complete the task? I know where I stand and where I need to go.....but there is some land that needs to be leveled to make this road, see....am I going to be able to, with the help of 2 brothers, level this land? will I make a straight road or will there be twists and turns....I don't know the answers to any of those questions.....I know what my goal is.....I know that I will give my everything to get this road built.....then I ponder a discussion I had last night.....someone that I haven't seen in quite a few months....they don't know that I have put on about 30 pounds since they saw me last.....but I still got the "I hope you aren't gaining weight" speech.....well, I just laughed it off....knowing that gaining weight is the goal right now.....so the more I think about this road that needs to be built....the more I have come to realize....I WILL built this motherfucker.....as I have said before....either lead or get out of my (OUR) way...we have shit to do and there is NOTHING and NOBODY that will take us from our course.....Brothers, today is day one....day one of many that will see us victorious and defeated.....let us begin this journey, lay the foundation for this road together....so that maybe someday, others can travel this road and have signs to help them along the way......

wedge
03-30-09, 12:29 pm
Yep, DL's on tap for today, going to check my ego and just try for 420 on a max today.

I am still in awe of what you have/will accomplish purely on your lunch break. To everyone who says/doubts they have the time, I give you DANO. It just comes down to how bad you want it.
Now pick that shit up off of the floor!

Today is the day...the start of this journey...the day broke here sunny, but cool....a nice spring morning, really....sun was out...birds were awake and chirpin......as I am driving to work, I am thinking about this journey that we are about to undertake.....I think of the time that I have put in so far and wonder, can I complete the task? I know where I stand and where I need to go.....but there is some land that needs to be leveled to make this road, see....am I going to be able to, with the help of 2 brothers, level this land? will I make a straight road or will there be twists and turns....I don't know the answers to any of those questions.....I know what my goal is.....I know that I will give my everything to get this road built.....then I ponder a discussion I had last night.....someone that I haven't seen in quite a few months....they don't know that I have put on about 30 pounds since they saw me last.....but I still got the "I hope you aren't gaining weight" speech.....well, I just laughed it off....knowing that gaining weight is the goal right now.....so the more I think about this road that needs to be built....the more I have come to realize....I WILL built this motherfucker.....as I have said before....either lead or get out of my (OUR) way...we have shit to do and there is NOTHING and NOBODY that will take us from our course.....Brothers, today is day one....day one of many that will see us victorious and defeated.....let us begin this journey, lay the foundation for this road together....so that maybe someday, others can travel this road and have signs to help them along the way......

No doubts my friend. We will level the earth and make that road. Whether we have to go over it, under it, around it or goddam through it, it WILL happen.

machineman
03-30-09, 12:33 pm

you got that DANO......hmmm.....420 on tap.....maybe I will have to start with the DL's tonght then.....that way I can hit them twice this week....interesting!

JUGGERNAUT
03-30-09, 12:48 pm
and the floors will shake............

DANO
03-30-09, 1:19 pm

The bars will bend!

wedge
03-30-09, 2:47 pm

The bars will bend!

And all will be right with Animal.

DANO
03-30-09, 5:48 pm
Well, even the longest journey begins with the first step. My first step to 450 was taken today. You’re up next wedge! Adjusted a little form the advice of Shizz.
Deads: 145x10, 235x3, 325x3, 420x1 (PR), 325x3.
Wide grip chins: 4 sets to fail, supersetted with,
Lat pull downs: 100x10, 120x10, 140x10, 160x10.
Biceps: run the rack 45’s descend to 20’s, 6 reps per. Strict form

machineman
03-30-09, 6:07 pm
Well, even the longest journey begins with the first step. My first step to 450 was taken today. You’re up next wedge! Adjusted a little form the advice of Shizz.

nice job DANO.....looks like DL is on the menu tonight!!

DANO
03-30-09, 6:09 pm
nice job DANO.....looks like DL is on the menu tonight!!

Enjoy the meal!

shizz702
03-30-09, 6:56 pm

Sicke workout DANO! See microloading is the way to go, next go for 425!

I like the routine too bro, very solid back/bi workout there!

DANO
03-30-09, 7:13 pm
Sicke workout DANO! See microloading is the way to go, next go for 425!

I like the routine too bro, very solid back/bi workout there!

Thanks. I think I will hang at 420 for a little and try to get 2 reps out of it then 425 will be nothing...

wedge
03-30-09, 8:32 pm

Awesome job DANO! I basically stepped up with you.

Here's today's workout.

Monday-Back/Bis

Deads-135 x 10, 225 x 6 315 x 1 (straps), 365 x 1 (straps), 420 x fail (straps), 420 x fail (straps), 420 x 1?*PR (no straps), 365 x 1 (no straps), 365 x 1 (no straps)

Lat pull down- 70 x 12, 100 x 12, 120 x 7

One arm row/ Face pull superset- 120 x 8/ 30 x 12, 120 x 8/ 100 x 10, 120 x 8/120 x 7

Good mornings**- Bar x 12, 95 x 12, 135 x 10, 185 x 6

superset two bicep exercises-Preacher/standing curls-70 x 12/25 x 6, 100 x 10, 25 x 7, 125 x 6, 20 x repped out.

*Got 420 up to lockout position, but honestly am not sure if I fully locked it out, as I was dying. If it's possible, I locked out my left side, but not my right, which was like an inch or so away. For now, I'll label this as a 95 percent PR.
Got sick of the straps, they felt awkward in my hands. Apparently they are a crutch and I did just fine without them.

**First time really doing good mornings. Worried more about keeping my head than weight. Did move up once I had proper form.

Your turn MM!

shizz702
03-30-09, 8:38 pm
Thanks. I think I will hang at 420 for a little and try to get 2 reps out of it then 425 will be nothing...
Sounds like a good plan bro, just do whatever you got to do to make steady progress. An extra rep is just as good as an extra 5-10 lbs.

Here's today's workout.

Monday-Back/Bis

Deads-135 x 10, 225 x 6 315 x 1 (straps), 365 x 1 (straps), 420 x fail (straps), 420 x fail (straps), 420 x 1?*PR (no straps), 365 x 1 (no straps), 365 x 1 (no straps)

One arm row/ Face pull superset- 120 x 8/ 30 x 12, 120 x 8/ 100 x 10, 120 x 8/120 x 7

superset two bicep exercises-Preacher/standing curls-70 x 12/25 x 6, 100 x 10, 25 x 7, 125 x 6, 20 x repped out.

*Got 420 up to lockout position, but honestly am not sure if I fully locked it out, as I was dying. If it's possible, I locked out my left side, but not my right, which was like an inch or so away. For now, I'll label this as a 95 percent PR.
Got sick of the straps, they felt awkward in my hands. Apparently they are a crutch and I did just fine without them.

**First time really doing good mornings. Worried more about keeping my head than weight. Did move up once I had proper form.

Ditch the straps bro, chalk is your friend ;)

Since the 420 took so much out of you this round, maybe you might want to consider deloading just a bit and building up 5-10 lbs per session, so you can start this cycle with confidence.

You could start out with say 385 and add 10 lbs each workout and by the time you get to 420 you should be conditioned to rip that fucker right off the floor.

I personally wouldn't recommned doing good mornings the same day as deadlifts cause they are very taxing on the lower back, but if you are liking them, and find you can make good progress with them then by all means stick with em. Personally I like weighted hypers for deadlift assistance and for finishing off the lower back.

wedge
03-30-09, 8:46 pm
Sounds like a good plan bro, just do whatever you got to do to make steady progress. An extra rep is just as good as an extra 5-10 lbs.

Ditch the straps bro, chalk is your friend ;)

Since the 420 took so much out of you this round, maybe you might want to consider deloading just a bit and building up 5-10 lbs per session, so you can start this cycle with confidence.

You could start out with say 385 and add 10 lbs each workout and by the time you get to 420 you should be conditioned to rip that fucker right off the floor.

I personally wouldn't recommned doing good mornings the same day as deadlifts cause they are very taxing on the lower back, but if you are liking them, and find you can make good progress with them then by all means stick with em. Personally I like weighted hypers for deadlift assistance and for finishing off the lower back.

What would you recommend for a rep scheme? I am thinking of deloading a bit, as I know I can't go after a PR every week, or I'll be setting myself back.
I'm liking the good mornings right now, but if it seems too much in the long run I'll switch over and try to make something into a hyper station at my gym.
Thanks for the help bro and congrats again on the 500.

shizz702
03-30-09, 8:54 pm
What would you recommend for a rep scheme? I am thinking of deloading a bit, as I know I can't go after a PR every week, or I'll be setting myself back.
I'm liking the good mornings right now, but if it seems too much in the long run I'll switch over and try to make something into a hyper station at my gym.
Thanks for the help bro and congrats again on the 500.

You got to experiment so stick with the good mornings for now and see how you do with them, if you notice any nagging soreness in your lower back or the deads come to a plateau then drop them.

For a rep scheme for your deads keep it simple, and low rep.

I say drop down to 385-405, whichever you feel comfortable and confident to kickstart this cycle with. If starting at 385 add 10 lbs per session, if 405 do 5 lbs per session.

Run your sets/reps like this: 135x3, 185x3, 225x2, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1, then hit your goal weight for a single. IF you feel good and up for it, hit a back off set of 5-10 reps or so, you can drop down to 315 for 5, or say 275 for 10, just something for some higher reps to stimulate some hypertrophy. The best time to hit a PR for reps on a back off set is after hitting a heavy single like that since you are fully warmed up and just handled a maximal load.

Just remember to warm up thoroughly by adding 50 lbs per set or so, and keep the warm up reps low cause you don't want them to interfere with your big pull.

machineman
03-30-09, 10:44 pm
you guys set the bar high today......

Deads
Bar X 10
135 X 8
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 x 1
405 X 1
415 X 1
425 X F, F all the above no straps
straps 425 X F
420 X F
DS - 405 X 1, 315 X 5, 225 X 5

I think maybe the warm up sets were a little too high? not sure, but it's all good! felt good to pull some heavy weight after a week off from it.....hip was fine....not worried about it....

Crash
03-31-09, 8:56 am
...I agree with Shizz...When pulling from the floor, I would not recommend doing Good Mornings unless you are a truly sick and twisted individual...Hyperextensions are the way to go...Now on the opposing weeks, when I do Rack pulls (From varying pin heights), I will do Good Mornings so as to incorporate the missing part of the movement (i.e. the Stretch in Glutes and Hams) That Rack Pulls do not provide...

...As for straps...I now only strap up for rep schemes over 12-15, as my grip will begin to fail before my back does...

...Strength and Honor...

wedge
03-31-09, 9:55 am
You got to experiment so stick with the good mornings for now and see how you do with them, if you notice any nagging soreness in your lower back or the deads come to a plateau then drop them.

For a rep scheme for your deads keep it simple, and low rep.

I say drop down to 385-405, whichever you feel comfortable and confident to kickstart this cycle with. If starting at 385 add 10 lbs per session, if 405 do 5 lbs per session.

Run your sets/reps like this: 135x3, 185x3, 225x2, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1, then hit your goal weight for a single. IF you feel good and up for it, hit a back off set of 5-10 reps or so, you can drop down to 315 for 5, or say 275 for 10, just something for some higher reps to stimulate some hypertrophy. The best time to hit a PR for reps on a back off set is after hitting a heavy single like that since you are fully warmed up and just handled a maximal load.

Just remember to warm up thoroughly by adding 50 lbs per set or so, and keep the warm up reps low cause you don't want them to interfere with your big pull.

...I agree with Shizz...When pulling from the floor, I would not recommend doing Good Mornings unless you are a truly sick and twisted individual...Hyperextensions are the way to go...Now on the opposing weeks, when I do Rack pulls (From varying pin heights), I will do Good Mornings so as to incorporate the missing part of the movement (i.e. the Stretch in Glutes and Hams) That Rack Pulls do not provide...

...As for straps...I now only strap up for rep schemes over 12-15, as my grip will begin to fail before my back does...

...Strength and Honor...

Thanks for the rep schemes Shizz. Those have always been my Achilles heal. There are not many other exercises that I can do at my gym for lower back besides deads and good mornings. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to try them if/when good mornings become a bit too much. But so far, so good with them.

DANO
03-31-09, 11:48 am

Your turn MM!

Deads
Bar X 10
135 X 8
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 x 1
405 X 1
415 X 1
straps 425 X F
420 X F

I think maybe the warm up sets were a little too high? not sure, but it's all good! felt good to pull some heavy weight after a week off from it.....hip was fine....not worried about it....

Great job guys! you are making me feel bad about my straps and I only used them on the 420 lift then on the deload pulls. This is going to be a FUN run!

machineman
03-31-09, 11:51 am
go with what feels right, DANO....I just becan to reliant on them so I decided last night that I was not going ot use them....I didn't fail on the 435 because of grip....just ran out of gas!!

DANO
03-31-09, 12:34 pm
go with what feels right, DANO....I just becan to reliant on them so I decided last night that I was not going ot use them....I didn't fail on the 435 because of grip....just ran out of gas!!

Shit, I need to ditch them and build up my forearms a little! hahaha.

wedge
03-31-09, 1:39 pm
I didn't think I had it in me without the straps either. But, they were pissing me off, so I threw them aside, sipped some water and then pulled. And the damn thing went up, without straps.
Giver 'em a try without straps. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. You don't get up to 405 on deads and have no grip, even with straps.

DANO
03-31-09, 2:29 pm

I think in my max lift attempts, that was happening to me. I was worried on warming up my back, but the extra reps seemed to be burning me out early.

wedge
04-01-09, 1:45 pm
How is everyone feeling two days after our first back assault?

DANO
04-01-09, 1:52 pm
How is everyone feeling two days after our first back assault?

Damn good! Almost feel like doing deads again tomorrow!

machineman
04-01-09, 2:04 pm

X2!! of course with Jujitsu tonight, I will probably be sore as hell tomorrow for leg presses....ought to be a GOOD time!

then Saturday is deads or rack pulls....may do some below the knee rack pulls....will have to wait and see.....

wedge
04-01-09, 2:51 pm

X2!! of course with Jujitsu tonight, I will probably be sore as hell tomorrow for leg presses....ought to be a GOOD time!

then Saturday is deads or rack pulls....may do some below the knee rack pulls....will have to wait and see.....

Are you guys planning on doing deads more than once a week? I've had the thought, but no clue on how to add them into my routine.

DANO
04-01-09, 3:26 pm
Neither do I but, I might just walk into the gym and say "fuck it" and do some pulls!!!

DANO
04-01-09, 6:02 pm
Here is some fuel for the tank!
http://www.bodybuilding-pics.com/view/11887/106/Franco-Columbu.html

shizz702
04-01-09, 6:48 pm

Deads
Bar X 10
135 X 8
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 x 1
405 X 1
415 X 1
straps 425 X F
420 X F

Great effort Bob, you are gonna show it who's boss next time!

Try going to 185 from 135, then 275 from 225, and keep the reps down to 1 or 2 so you can thoroughly warm up and put all your effort into the big pull.

machineman
04-02-09, 5:24 am
Great effort Bob, you are gonna show it who's boss next time!

Try going to 185 from 135, then 275 from 225, and keep the reps down to 1 or 2 so you can thoroughly warm up and put all your effort into the big pull.

thanks, bro....will do

machineman
04-02-09, 5:26 am
Are you guys planning on doing deads more than once a week? I've had the thought, but no clue on how to add them into my routine.

with my split the way it currently is, I will be doing deads twice this week, but only once next week.....just the way it goes.....for now...once I nail this 450, though, I am going to cut a little bit just to lean up a bit.....weight has been holding steady at 250, but I got some fat that needs to go....

Etalon
04-02-09, 9:09 am
You guys are awesome. You're all very good in the deadlift and extremely equal! This will be an outstanding friendly competition. I've heard of a win/win situation, but this will be a triple win no matter how you look at it!
I wish you guys the best and that you'll all master the 450 line as soon as possible, so you can set new goals, even more impressive than this one!
Peace and best of luck.

Thrawn
04-02-09, 9:20 am
This is what i like. Good friendly fun comp. I am having a few challenges myself with a couple of ppl. It produces ONLY winners.
Best of luck to the three of you. I have no favorite, will not have one either. Just go in and PULL. MAKE that damn 450 sorry it lay there before your feet.

And if you guys do not hurry, i might even try and beat you to it =) I have only started deads again last week (because of my back injury in december), but my best pull is 380lbs. I am not THAT far behind. Lol =)

wedge
04-02-09, 9:57 am
with my split the way it currently is, I will be doing deads twice this week, but only once next week.....just the way it goes.....for now...once I nail this 450, though, I am going to cut a little bit just to lean up a bit.....weight has been holding steady at 250, but I got some fat that needs to go....

I've been contemplating a cut myself. I'm weighing in at 215, with a decent amount of body fat. Nothing major, but its there. I lost about five pounds with the flu a while back and can see the outline of my abs. I have never had a six pack and am really debating whether to go after one for this summer.
What do you guys think? Any idea if it would hinder the journey to 450?

You guys are awesome. You're all very good in the deadlift and extremely equal! This will be an outstanding friendly competition. I've heard of a win/win situation, but this will be a triple win no matter how you look at it!
I wish you guys the best and that you'll all master the 450 line as soon as possible, so you can set new goals, even more impressive than this one!
Peace and best of luck.

Thanks for the kind words Etalon. The deadlift is my favorite exercise and I have two solid brothers on this journey. Stick around, it's going to be a fun ride.

This is what i like. Good friendly fun comp. I am having a few challenges myself with a couple of ppl. It produces ONLY winners.
Best of luck to the three of you. I have no favorite, will not have one either. Just go in and PULL. MAKE that damn 450 sorry it lay there before your feet.

And if you guys do not hurry, i might even try and beat you to it =) I have only started deads again last week (because of my back injury in december), but my best pull is 380lbs. I am not THAT far behind. Lol =)

380 is damn impressive for the back issues you've conquered. I want to see you hit 405, 4 pps, by the time one of us hits 450!

JUGGERNAUT
04-02-09, 10:05 am
Cool sounding game right? hahaha

I did the 455 last night for you guys and made it more interesting.

475x1 after 2 failed attempts! (Hence...NEVER give up)

DANO
04-02-09, 11:40 am
Peace and best of luck.

Thanks, Yes this will be fun! glad to have you on board! That is the fun of this forum 3 guys from across the country in a comp. like this!

All three of us will be on your heels bro! I don't think any of us know HOW to give up!?!
Thrawn, 4pps is your goal..

wedge
04-02-09, 12:08 pm

Chasing Juggs....I do that all the time. Oh you meant in the lifting sense. (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Juggs showing us how it's done. Think you can hit 500 lb by the time we nail 450 and Thrawn owns 405?

DANO
04-02-09, 12:19 pm
Chasing Juggs....I do that all the time. Oh you meant in the lifting sense. (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Juggs showing us how it's done. Think you can hit 500 lb by the time we nail 450 and Thrawn owns 405?

Nice, wedge, hahaha.
We can get all our buddies from the taxation thread over here for goals on deads!

JUGGERNAUT
04-02-09, 12:24 pm
Thanks, Yes this will be fun! glad to have you on board! That is the fun of this forum 3 guys from across the country in a comp. like this!

All three of us will be on your heels bro! I don't think any of us know HOW to give up!?!
Thrawn, 4pps is your goal..

Generally if I feel something on my heels I step back and crush it, or keep moving forward....

JUGGERNAUT
04-02-09, 12:25 pm

Thinking makes me lift less, how about I just do that?

DANO
04-02-09, 12:28 pm

Exactly! just like we ARE doing 450!

wedge
04-02-09, 1:36 pm

I agree with you there. If I stop to think about it, doubt, etc. creeps in. You do 500 and I'll do 450.

DANO
04-02-09, 2:22 pm
I agree with you there. If I stop to think about it, doubt, etc. creeps in. You do 500 and I'll do 450.

If you do enough reps/weight you can't think anyway!

Thrawn
04-02-09, 3:25 pm
380 is damn impressive for the back issues you've conquered. I want to see you hit 405, 4 pps, by the time one of us hits 450!

That sounds like a fun challenge. Its ON.

DANO
04-02-09, 3:35 pm
That sounds like a fun challenge. Its ON.

Welcome aboard!

JUGGERNAUT
04-02-09, 3:40 pm
Welcome aboard!

So change the thread name to: 3 bros and a Netherlander hunt for.........? hahahah

Thrawn
04-02-09, 4:06 pm
So change the thread name to: 3 bros and a Netherlander hunt for.........? hahahah

LOL. Neh, i am not meddling with the guys. They have their challenge. I will just keep them on their toes with my pursuit of the 4pps. I just started doing deads again last week and i am still rather careful, regarding the back. BUT it is my fav exercise. I might just beat them to it.

DANO
04-02-09, 5:07 pm

Hey, hey hey, now, you are in on this now too J jou gotta get 510! *wink*
but that would make the thread name: 3bros, a netherlander, and a panda.... Sounds like a VERY bad joke!

machineman
04-02-09, 8:08 pm
Hey, hey hey, now, you are in on this now too J jou gotta get 510! *wink*
but that would make the thread name: 3bros, a netherlander, and a panda.... Sounds like a VERY bad joke!

correction....2 bros, a netherlander, a panda and a panda +22!!!!!

04-02-09, 8:14 pm
So where are the 3 of ya'll at as of todays date? Let's see a name list and your top pull so far.. I just hit my 500lb dead and am on the quest for the triple five....555lbs that is ;-). Reading through your guy's thread just got me amped up to go pull!! haha.. Let's fuckin' DO THIS!!!!

Phil

DANO
04-02-09, 8:16 pm
correction....2 bros, a netherlander, a panda and a panda +22!!!!!

I can't wait for the punchline on this one!!

machineman
04-02-09, 8:36 pm
I can't wait for the punchline on this one!!

it goes back to Juggs' journey....and the panda talk there.....

DANO
04-03-09, 10:05 am
it goes back to Juggs' journey....and the panda talk there.....

Yep, I know that, it just sounds like the start of a bad joke is all....

DANO
04-03-09, 10:06 am
So where are the 3 of ya'll at as of todays date? Let's see a name list and your top pull so far.. I just hit my 500lb dead and am on the quest for the triple five....555lbs that is ;-). Reading through your guy's thread just got me amped up to go pull!! haha.. Let's fuckin' DO THIS!!!!

Phil

We just started this contest about a week ago, so those are all our top #'s

wedge
04-03-09, 11:08 am
Yep, I know that, it just sounds like the start of a bad joke is all....

Now, now. No jokes at Juggs expense. I read somewhere that he likes to use the 2.5 and 5 lb plates as ninja stars when he is in full kung-fu panda mode.

DANO
04-03-09, 11:17 am
Now, now. No jokes at Juggs expense. I read somewhere that he likes to use the 2.5 and 5 lb plates as ninja stars when he is in full kung-fu panda mode.

"When you can take the Pop-tart from my hand, young grasshopper....."

JUGGERNAUT
04-03-09, 11:44 am
It's fine to joke about Juggs....he does a fair amount of dishing himself.

wedge
04-03-09, 1:27 pm
It's fine to joke about Juggs....he does a fair amount of dishing himself.

I figured you wouldn't mind. I was trying to make a joke about not making a joke. Sounded great in my head, not so well in cyber space though.

JUGGERNAUT
04-03-09, 1:30 pm
DANO=420
Machineman=430
Wedge=420

wedge
04-03-09, 2:49 pm
DANO=
Machineman=
Wedge=

Wedge=420 after one week on this journey. The journey has only begun.

machineman
04-03-09, 3:24 pm
DANO=
Machineman=
Wedge=420

Machineman= 415 after Monday....going to remedy that today with rack work below the knee.....next wednesday will be update #2 for me......hope it will be a big one!!

Thrawn
04-03-09, 3:38 pm
Well, i said i was on for the invite, to beat you three to 4pps before you reach 450.
Today i did my first heavy deads again since my injury. It went way better then i would have thought. I worked up some nice easy sets, made certain i left plenty in the tank and then went for singles until fail/warning from my back. I ended up a nice 170kg/378lbs. I was a bit too careful at the start, so i had a struggle for the first few inches, but after that i nailed it good. I did not try heavier, my back told me it was enough for now. But i do not think i could have gone higher anyway. For now. Just 1 lbs shy of my PR. And only 10kg/22lbs to go to 4pps.

wedge
04-03-09, 4:17 pm
Well, i said i was on for the invite, to beat you three to 4pps before you reach 450.
Today i did my first heavy deads again since my injury. It went way better then i would have thought. I worked up some nice easy sets, made certain i left plenty in the tank and then went for singles until fail/warning from my back. I ended up a nice 170kg/378lbs. I was a bit too careful at the start, so i had a struggle for the first few inches, but after that i nailed it good. I did not try heavier, my back told me it was enough for now. But i do not think i could have gone higher anyway. For now. Just 1 lbs shy of my PR. And only 10kg/22lbs to go to 4pps.

Keep an eye on your back. No need to waste hitting 405 and getting injured getting there. Also thanks for listing the lbs increments with the kg. It makes it easier for me when I don't feel like doing math.

04-03-09, 4:20 pm
Similar stats for the 3 of you (age, height, weight)?

Thrawn
04-03-09, 4:21 pm
Keep an eye on your back. No need to waste hitting 405 and getting injured getting there. Also thanks for listing the lbs increments with the kg. It makes it easier for me when I don't feel like doing math.

Oh, rest assured, Wedge. I WAS careful. I was just able to pull way more then i expected. I actually made the 170kg harder for myself by being too careful/insecure off the floor. I did not go higher because frankly my back had had enough. And i dont think i could have gotten more anyway. But i got the 170kg, it was a solid, nice pull. VERY happy with it.
And i would love to pull 405 SOON, but i love my back way more. IF i can beat you guys to it, i will. BUT only safe. NOT sorry.
And on vid, ofcourse.

machineman
04-03-09, 7:38 pm
copied from journey.....

Rack deads (just below knee level...which is my sticking point)

Bar X 6
135 X 6
225 X 6
275 X 3
315 X 1
365 X 1
405 X 1
415 X 1
420 X 1
425 X 1
430 X 1* (barely!!) PR for this height
DS -- 365 X 2/315 X 3

100% NO STRAPS!! and I felt every bit of it too.....tore the hands up, but don't really care....should translate to good numbers next week......we will have to wait and see.....

Etalon
04-04-09, 6:44 am
Excellent work, machineman!
You sure got a lot in you. Good job avoiding the straps.
I don't know if you've ever wondered this, but when I tried for my max deadlift attempt I was winded pretty quickly.
What I'm saying is that your last 5 attempts were merely 5lb increases. Do you usually increase in such little amounts when attempting the deadlift one single max too? I'd suggest bigger increases, so you wont get tired.
I hope others will agree with me and that you find it useful.
Peace.

machineman
04-04-09, 7:08 am
Excellent work, machineman!
You sure got a lot in you. Good job avoiding the straps.
I don't know if you've ever wondered this, but when I tried for my max deadlift attempt I was winded pretty quickly.
What I'm saying is that your last 5 attempts were merely 5lb increases. Do you usually increase in such little amounts when attempting the deadlift one single max too? I'd suggest bigger increases, so you wont get tired.
I hope others will agree with me and that you find it useful.
Peace.

thanks bro....I was just micro loading since I knew my previous max from that height was at about 415...just figured I would micro load until I couldn't get one more....I was also working on my weakest point.....so I knew the extra work wouldn't hurt.....thanks for the advise, bro.....I will definitely keep it in mind for next time....

Etalon
04-04-09, 12:41 pm
If you were micro-loading then it's okay. But, yeah, usually it's best to jump in bigger increases, because pulling 400 and 405 takes about the same amount of energy.

Last wednesday I pulled a new deadlift PR with 360x6, so I'm right on the tip of your toes, you three bros!
And there's a lot left where that came from. Peace.

machineman
04-05-09, 12:27 pm
wednesday, I am going to lower the pins to mid shin level and pull from there....and I am going to work on pulling with a bit more speed (per Sgt Rock!)...so I will pull again from the floor one week from Monday......we will see how that goes.....looking to get 430.....but time will tell.....

Thrawn
04-05-09, 3:51 pm
wednesday, I am going to lower the pins to mid shin level and pull from there....and I am going to work on pulling with a bit more speed (per Sgt Rock!)...so I will pull again from the floor one week from Monday......we will see how that goes.....looking to get 430.....but time will tell.....

Do. Or do not. There is no try! Man, i love quoting Yoda.
Get that work in, eat up, rest up. Then stare down that 430, breath, focus and NAIL it!

machineman
04-06-09, 4:53 am
Do. Or do not. There is no try! Man, i love quoting Yoda.
Get that work in, eat up, rest up. Then stare down that 430, breath, focus and NAIL it!

that's the plan, bro......nothing left to do but to do it!

DANO
04-06-09, 12:45 pm
DANO=
Machineman=
Wedge=420
DANO: 420 as of last back day today ??

Similar stats for the 3 of you (age, height, weight)?

We all differ a little, I am 5'9" at 190 +/-. I know MM is taller and heavier, and wedge is shorter and heavier than me.

JUGGERNAUT
04-06-09, 1:01 pm
DANO=420
Machineman=430
Wedge=420

Nice!

wedge
04-06-09, 1:05 pm
DANO: 420 as of last back day today ??

We all differ a little, I am 5'9" at 190 +/-. I know MM is taller and heavier, and wedge is shorter and heavier than me.

I'm 5'6" 215 lbs.

Can't wait to move some weight today. Really, really and I mean really want to go after a new PR today, but I know that if I constantly do that, I'll likely hurt myself or set myself back. Perhaps I'll just go for 405 x 2, which actually would be a new PR....

JUGGERNAUT
04-06-09, 1:09 pm
wedge is my long lost brother that I never had... I'm the same height and 220. I would hate to have to be as tall as MM and take 450 off the floor haha

wedge
04-06-09, 1:55 pm
wedge is my long lost brother that I never had... I'm the same height and 220. I would hate to have to be as tall as MM and take 450 off the floor haha

Yep, we're both about the same height, weight. He can just move a lot more weight than I can. For now at least.

Deadlifts-one of the few things where being a small bastard can have its advantages.

machineman
04-06-09, 2:33 pm
fuck me.....I didn't know I was competeing against some mini's!!!! it's all good though...

machineman
04-06-09, 2:35 pm
DANO = 5'9"
Wedge = 5'6"
Machineman = 6'3"

NICE!

machineman
04-06-09, 2:42 pm
NEW RULE:

wedge and DANO have to pull for a double to my single!!!

DANO
04-06-09, 2:46 pm
NEW RULE:

wedge and DANO have to pull for a double to my single!!!

So, your single, my double, wedge for a tripple??

machineman
04-06-09, 3:07 pm
So, your single, my double, wedge for a tripple??

just messin' bro! I didn't realize how short you all were! I knew Juggs was short...I guess I should just assume that MOST people are shorter than me!! no new rules....everyone is shooting for a single.....

DANO
04-06-09, 3:09 pm
just messin' bro! I didn't realize how short you all were! I knew Juggs was short...I guess I should just assume that MOST people are shorter than me!! no new rules....everyone is shooting for a single.....

joking myself, and I do not think I am short, Just average!! hahaha

wedge
04-06-09, 3:12 pm
joking myself, and I do not think I am short, Just average!! hahaha

Dammit! That would make me below average then!
Like I don't get enough short jokes at home.

DANO
04-06-09, 3:17 pm
Dammit! That would make me below average then!
Like I don't get enough short jokes at home.

Don't worry, no short jokes from me! hahaha. I heard the average height for CT men is 5'5" to 5'8" so you are good!!

DANO
04-06-09, 6:09 pm
BACK to it:
here is today's back day
deads: 145x10 235x10 325x8 395x3 325x5 325x5.
wide grip pullups 4 sets to fail, superset w/t-bar rows 1plx15 2plx10 3plx6 3plx6

machineman
04-06-09, 7:34 pm
BACK to it:
here is today's back day
deads: 145x10 235x10 325x8 395x3 325x5 325x5.
wide grip pullups 4 sets to fail, superset w/t-bar rows 1plx15 2plx10 3plx6 3plx6

good work, DANO.....

DANO
04-06-09, 7:41 pm
Next time I try for a PR, I'll try to get my buddy to take some pics.

machineman
04-06-09, 7:43 pm
Next time I try for a PR, I'll try to get my buddy to take some pics.

for sure....I will take the camera with me next week...if all feels good, I will take a video as well....just gotta get this sticking point taken care of....I think maybe some speed work this week....just an idea....

DANO
04-06-09, 7:47 pm
good work, DANO.....

I didn't put it here when I posted, but I didn't use my belt at all, and only used straps for the 395 because I have a nasty blister on my hand from digging holes this weekend., I taped it but the bar was just a little too much at that point.

wedge
04-06-09, 8:34 pm
Monday-Back/Bis

Things were a bit off/ran a little longer than normal due to a busy gym and everyone seemingly on whatever equipment I needed at the time.
Didn't do biceps after due to time. Figured hit 'em enough during the back workout.

Deads-135 x 6, 225 x 4, 275 x 1 , 315 x 1 , 365 x 1, 405 x 1, 275 x 5, 135 x 10 (No straps used)

Lat pull down- 60 x 12, 120 x 10, 140 x 7

Machine row-70 x 12, 100 x 10, 120 x 6

Good mornings- 95x 10, 135 x 10 185 x 10, 225 x 6-New PR

Face pulls-60 x 10, 100 x 10, 140 x 10

Ab routine.

machineman
04-07-09, 5:24 am
Monday-Back/Bis

Things were a bit off/ran a little longer than normal due to a busy gym and everyone seemingly on whatever equipment I needed at the time.
Didn't do biceps after due to time. Figured hit 'em enough during the back workout.

Deads-135 x 6, 225 x 4, 275 x 1 , 315 x 1 , 365 x 1, 405 x 1, 275 x 5, 135 x 10 (No straps used)

Ab routine.

nice job wedge...

no workout last night....feeling a bit under the weather and only 2 hours of sleep Sunday night....I will be in tonight and probably again tomorrow.....tonight is going to be a lighter workout....tomorrow will be rack pulls from shin level...need to work on speed to blow past the knees....this will be the focus for tomorrow....

wedge
04-07-09, 10:12 am
nice job wedge...

no workout last night....feeling a bit under the weather and only 2 hours of sleep Sunday night....I will be in tonight and probably again tomorrow.....tonight is going to be a lighter workout....tomorrow will be rack pulls from shin level...need to work on speed to blow past the knees....this will be the focus for tomorrow....

Do what you have to do. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

DANO
04-07-09, 11:45 am
Monday-Back/Bis

Ab routine.

Good one wedge, looks like you still had plenty left after the 405, next max pull I see you getting a new PR.

machineman
04-07-09, 12:12 pm
Do what you have to do. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

for sure....

wedge
04-07-09, 1:54 pm
Good one wedge, looks like you still had plenty left after the 405, next max pull I see you getting a new PR.

That is the plan. On the plus side, my back feels no worse for the wear considering everything. No worse than a normal day after deads.

DANO
04-07-09, 2:14 pm
nice job wedge...

Rest and come BACK even stronger!

That is the plan. On the plus side, my back feels no worse for the wear considering everything. No worse than a normal day after deads.

That's good, mine is a little wasted...

wedge
04-07-09, 3:53 pm
That's good, mine is a little wasted...

Oh so is mine. But you get used to it after a while. It's like after leg day knowing that walking up the stairs to you second floor apt. is going to be a bitch.

Keep pulling bro. Soon AnimalPak.com will have three more members pulling 450!

JUGGERNAUT
04-07-09, 4:00 pm
QUOTE: Soon AnimalPak.com will have three more members pulling 450!

That's what I'm talkin about!

DANO
04-07-09, 4:48 pm
The great thing here is that I am starting to love the deadlift like I do the squat!

mritter3
04-07-09, 5:42 pm
ok fellas this has become my new favorite thread, deads are a great exercise, i will be checking this one out daily....good luck to all.

wedge
04-07-09, 5:51 pm
The great thing here is that I am starting to love the deadlift like I do the squat!

Two of the best overall mass builders out there.

ok fellas this has become my new favorite thread, deads are a great exercise, i will be checking this one out daily....good luck to all.

Welcome aboard bro. Enjoy the ride. We are.

DANO
04-07-09, 6:00 pm
Two of the best overall mass builders out there.

And I am going to need them, I am the "skinny kid" in this trio! After all, I just broke the 190lb mark.

shizz702
04-07-09, 9:17 pm
Monday-Back/Bis

Ab routine.

Nice bro! You are well on your way to make some serious gains here!

wedge
04-08-09, 9:10 am
Nice bro! You are well on your way to make some serious gains here!

Thanks Shizz. Good mornings are going great. They're one of those exercises I can't believe I didn't have in my arsenal before.

Thrawn
04-08-09, 10:13 am
IF all goes as planned, i will attack 4pps next week friday or saturday. Back is feeling good, confidence is good.

DANO
04-08-09, 12:08 pm
IF all goes as planned, i will attack 4pps next week friday or saturday. Back is feeling good, confidence is good.

Go get it Thrawn!

Thrawn
04-08-09, 12:10 pm
Go get it Thrawn!

Thats the plan, DANO. I want that one bad. Bad enough to actually pull it off too. My back has been holding me back for a long time, but so far it looks like things are going MY way again. And MY way is UP with the fuckers!

wedge
04-08-09, 12:29 pm
Thats the plan, DANO. I want that one bad. Bad enough to actually pull it off too. My back has been holding me back for a long time, but so far it looks like things are going MY way again. And MY way is UP with the fuckers!

I am fully expecting to visit this site on Monday morning and see how you are now a card carrying member of the 405 lb deadlift club.
Go take it.

Thrawn
04-08-09, 12:31 pm
I am fully expecting to visit this site on Monday morning and see how you are now a card carrying member of the 405 lb deadlift club.
Go take it.

Not this week, wedge. One week later. I did heavy pulling on a weekly basis before and in the long run that does not work for me. Next week. Then its ON. Then i get that 405 or pass out trying.

machineman
04-08-09, 12:58 pm
Not this week, wedge. One week later. I did heavy pulling on a weekly basis before and in the long run that does not work for me. Next week. Then its ON. Then i get that 405 or pass out trying.

shit, bro......that is ALL you....now all you got to do is do it.....

machineman
04-08-09, 12:58 pm
Rack Deads -- mid shin = 14.5 inches off floor
Bar X 6 DOH grip
135 X 5
225 X 5
185 X 4
225 X 3
275 X 3
315 X 3 Over/Under
365 X 1 Over/Under
405 X 1 Over/Under
415 X 1 Over/Under
425 X 1 Over/under* PR for position
435 X 1 Over/under* PR for position and weight
440 X Fail....BARELY.....this bitch is mine next time....blew past the knees, just couldn't get the lockout......

DANO
04-08-09, 1:24 pm
JEEZ, MM remember this is a marathon not a sprint, hahaha. good work bro!

wedge
04-08-09, 2:41 pm

Next week it is then. I think one of the first times I pulled 405 my vision went black and white. I stood there in lockout, looking around going, "Uh-oh." Thankfully, it all came back in full techno color seconds later.

Rack Deads -- mid shin = 14.5 inches off floor
Bar X 6 DOH grip
135 X 5
225 X 5
185 X 4
225 X 3
275 X 3
315 X 3 Over/Under
365 X 1 Over/Under
405 X 1 Over/Under
415 X 1 Over/Under
425 X 1 Over/under* PR for position
435 X 1 Over/under* PR for position and weight
440 X Fail....BARELY.....this bitch is mine next time....blew past the knees, just couldn't get the lockout......

Great job on the rack deads. Now I want to see you put that shit on the floor and move it.
Ain't nothing but a peanut!

DANO
04-08-09, 2:44 pm
Next week it is then. I think one of the first times I pulled 405 my vision went black and white. I stood there in lockout, looking around going, "Uh-oh." Thankfully, it all came back in full techno color seconds later.

Great job on the rack deads. Now I want to see you put that shit on the floor and move it.

LIGHT WEIGHT!

Thrawn
04-08-09, 3:14 pm
LIGHT WEIGHT!

Yeaaaaah buuuddddiieeeeeeee! Wooohhhoooooooooo!
Man, i cant get enough of Ronnie doing that shit. When i have an off-day, i watch him psych himself up in the gym. He cracks me up all the time.

machineman
04-08-09, 7:49 pm

Probably next Friday I will pull heavy from the floor again.....I think Monday will be from the floor but mostly for some speed work....probably stop at 315 or 365.....just get some extra strength going and reps......

DANO
04-08-09, 8:19 pm
Probably next Friday I will pull heavy from the floor again.....I think Monday will be from the floor but mostly for some speed work....probably stop at 315 or 365.....just get some extra strength going and reps......

I will be pulling heavy monday also. Today tho my leg workout was disapointing 325 felt way too heavy. I don't know if it was because of all the heavy back work, diet or what, But I punished myself for the weakness, let me just say dropset squats leave a mark....

mritter3
04-08-09, 8:23 pm
you will get em next time dano, you guys are looking good, so keep it up.

wedge
04-09-09, 12:13 pm
I will be pulling heavy monday also. Today tho my leg workout was disapointing 325 felt way too heavy. I don't know if it was because of all the heavy back work, diet or what, But I punished myself for the weakness, let me just say dropset squats leave a mark....

Heavy Monday it is. 425-430 or bust!

prowrestler
04-09-09, 12:14 pm
" (insert sound of crickets here)" LMAO

directed to machineman, that was hilarious dude! and i dont have an email yet...

machineman
04-09-09, 12:19 pm
" (insert sound of crickets here)" LMAO

directed to machineman, that was hilarious dude! and i dont have an email yet...

thought you would like it!!!! no email yet???? WHAT? I am shocked.....I am going to go cry now....lol!

DANO
04-09-09, 12:20 pm
Heavy Monday it is. 425-430 or bust!

Damn straight! That's what we're here for, can't let MM get too far ahead!

prowrestler
04-09-09, 12:20 pm
thought you would like it!!!! no email yet???? WHAT? I am shocked.....I am going to go cry now....lol!

its complete bullshit, its not hard to record training, especialy if u can make a post about why u cant lol

machineman
04-09-09, 12:22 pm
its complete bullshit, its not hard to record training, especialy if u can make a post about why u cant lol

500+ replies and not ONE workout....patience is growing VERY thin with that one.....

prowrestler
04-09-09, 12:23 pm
500+ replies and not ONE workout....patience is growing VERY thin with that one.....

have u rated the thread yet? just a question to think upon...

one day it might finaly happen, till then ill continue doin my shit and makeing my gains and create my future to fame, he can do as he pleases

machineman
04-09-09, 12:26 pm
have u rated the thread yet? just a question to think upon...

one day it might finaly happen, till then ill continue doin my shit and makeing my gains and create my future to fame, he can do as he pleases

nope haven't rated it yet.....gotta agree on the second part as well....I figure at some point he MIGHT mature enough and realize all the help you and shizz gave him that he pissed down the drain....I was waiting for a more forceful response from you about his latest "question"...lol

prowrestler
04-09-09, 12:28 pm
nope haven't rated it yet.....gotta agree on the second part as well....I figure at some point he MIGHT mature enough and realize all the help you and shizz gave him that he pissed down the drain....I was waiting for a more forceful response from you about his latest "question"...lol

i dont need to be forceful anymore, i fear i might get banned if i say my thoughts to be honest lol, im a wrestler, i know my way with words to say the least ;)

it makes me think, i was younger then him and more dedicated, its not rocket science here, lift fuckin weights.

machineman
04-09-09, 12:33 pm
i dont need to be forceful anymore, i fear i might get banned if i say my thoughts to be honest lol, im a wrestler, i know my way with words to say the least ;)

it makes me think, i was younger then him and more dedicated, its not rocket science here, lift fuckin weights.

amen to that!!

DANO
04-09-09, 2:38 pm
its not rocket science here, lift fuckin weights.

F=M(A) force=mass X acceleration......maybe there IS just a little rocket science! hahaha.

wedge
04-09-09, 2:41 pm
I know what/who you guys are talking about MM and PW. I'm surprised the thread is still up honestly.

prowrestler
04-09-09, 2:46 pm
F=M(A) force=mass X acceleration......maybe there IS just a little rocket science! hahaha. tryin to be a smart guy now eh! yes i said "EH" lol

I know what/who you guys are talking about MM and PW. I'm surprised the thread is still up honestly.
im shocked, and im happy aswell, it entertains me to a small degree

DANO
04-09-09, 2:55 pm
tryin to be a smart guy now eh! yes i said "EH" lol

Just keeping it light!

wedge
04-09-09, 3:00 pm
tryin to be a smart guy now eh! yes i said "EH" lol

Eh! I once convinced a good portion of an old buddies college that I was Canadian by just saying eh a lot.

machineman
04-09-09, 8:01 pm

agreed....you gotta always go back to see what question he has THIS time!!

wedge
04-11-09, 3:12 pm
Looking forward to moving weight on Monday.

machineman
04-11-09, 4:14 pm

I am probably gonna STILL be sore from yesterday!! legs are SHOT today....feels niiiiice!

prowrestler
04-11-09, 4:15 pm
agreed....you gotta always go back to see what question he has THIS time!!

i no lol, i no

wedge
04-12-09, 12:01 pm
Just had my eggs, relaxing with a cup of tea before showering, looking forward to some ham and sweet potatoes this afternoon. Going to be primed and fueled for the gym next week.

DANO
04-13-09, 12:09 pm

Monday is here my friend! let's move some weight!

machineman
04-13-09, 12:19 pm
Monday is here my friend! let's move some weight!

that's the plan, DANO.....gotta get primed for Friday's heavy session....today should be a moderate weight/rep night for me.....

JUGGERNAUT
04-13-09, 12:34 pm
It's MONDAY!!!!!

CRUSH K** DESTROY

wedge
04-13-09, 12:43 pm
Mondays=Deadlifts

Pull that shit!

DANO
04-13-09, 12:45 pm
It's MONDAY!!!!!

CRUSH K** DESTROY

SIR, YES SIR!!

shizz702
04-13-09, 12:51 pm
Let's get it done fellas!

prowrestler
04-13-09, 12:52 pm
get the 450 already boys! make the journey to 550 though when you guys hit 450

machineman
04-13-09, 12:53 pm
Let's get it done fellas!

done it shall be.....

machineman
04-13-09, 12:54 pm
get the 450 already boys! make the journey to 550 though when you guys hit 450

patience grasshopper.....but hey...I GOT A QUESTION!!!!

prowrestler
04-13-09, 12:54 pm
patience grasshopper.....but hey...I GOT A QUESTION!!!!

please dont be how to loose ass fat....for gods sake please dont be that.....

mritter3
04-13-09, 12:55 pm
it is monday...and i do believe it is time to pull some heavy weight, so go get em fellas.

machineman
04-13-09, 12:59 pm
please dont be how to loose ass fat....for gods sake please dont be that.....

Can I?.....how does?....is it okay to?.....how do I?.....But how do I?......hahaha...you asked for it!!

prowrestler
04-13-09, 1:00 pm
Can I?.....how does?....is it okay to?.....how do I?.....But how do I?......hahaha...you asked for it!!

if only i showed u my facebook wall, bad add idea.......

is it ok if i feel angry? how do i stop it?

machineman
04-13-09, 1:02 pm
if only i showed u my facebook wall, bad add idea.......

is it ok if i feel angry? how do i stop it?

droping some ass fat should make you less angry!!!!

prowrestler
04-13-09, 1:04 pm
droping some ass fat should make you less angry!!!!

lol, i think im good in that department.....i think it happens when u pull more then 450 haha

get it done

DANO
04-13-09, 1:06 pm
Drinkin' my Real gains right now... waiting for 12:30 to roll around!

wedge
04-13-09, 1:17 pm
Ass fat? I think that is the only part of my body that does not have much if any fat on it!
Still planning on pulling heavy ass shit today, just to make sure.

wedge
04-13-09, 1:53 pm
Drinkin' my Real gains right now... waiting for 12:30 to roll around!

How are you liking Real Gains? I just ordered three tubs (buy two get one) and am waiting for BB.com to get my damn order out to me.
Looking forward to giving it a try.

DANO
04-13-09, 1:58 pm
How are you liking Real Gains? I just ordered three tubs (buy two get one) and am waiting for BB.com to get my damn order out to me.
Looking forward to giving it a try.

Good stuff, the choco has a good flavor, and mixes real well. I have only been using 2 scoops per serving, and I don't get the usual protien "bloat" that some brands give me.
total rating, 5 stars!

wedge
04-13-09, 2:55 pm
Good stuff, the choco has a good flavor, and mixes real well. I have only been using 2 scoops per serving, and I don't get the usual protien "bloat" that some brands give me.
total rating, 5 stars!

I hope mine is waiting on my porch when I get home. If not, I have to make a few phone calls, it's been two weeks....

DANO
04-13-09, 3:01 pm
I hope mine is waiting on my porch when I get home. If not, I have to make a few phone calls, it's been two weeks....

Two weeks...wow, I'd be calling for sure!

wedge
04-13-09, 4:19 pm
Two weeks...wow, I'd be calling for sure!

Apparently FedEx dropped it off at my house two weeks, ago, but I never got it. So, the nice ppl at BB.com are sending me a replacement order. Should have it Thursday.

DANO
04-13-09, 6:44 pm
Apparently FedEx dropped it off at my house two weeks, ago, but I never got it. So, the nice ppl at BB.com are sending me a replacement order. Should have it Thursday.

Well. I'm glad cust. svc. is on the ball!
My dead day got derailed, my Wife took me to lunch.... Max pull tomorrow!!

prowrestler
04-13-09, 7:24 pm
450 anytime soon would be great guys......

lhahah, whos gonna get there first?

machineman
04-13-09, 7:33 pm
450 anytime soon would be great guys......

lhahah, whos gonna get there first?

hmmmm.....maybe pro needs some MMA training!! would indeed teach patience!!! lol.....just kidding pro.....we are getting close, bro....maybe a week or two away.....

prowrestler
04-13-09, 7:37 pm
hmmmm.....maybe pro needs some MMA training!! would indeed teach patience!!! lol.....just kidding pro.....we are getting close, bro....maybe a week or two away.....

pro does fake wrestling and will make millions of dollars doin so so patience is not needed hahahaa

wedge
04-13-09, 7:45 pm
Had a shitty dead session, but overall, back was decent today. Going to have to rethink my dead strategy.

Deads-135 x 5, 225 x 4, 315 x 1 , 425 x fail, 425 x fail, 405 x fail, BO-315 x 5

Lat pull down- 70 x 12, 100 x 12, 140 x 12-PR reps/weight

One arm row/face pull- 120 x 8/65 x 10, 120 x 8/120 x 10, 120 x6/140 x 8

Good mornings- 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 275 x 4-PR

Ez curl machine-110 x 10, 155 x 4, 155 x 5

Run the rack dumbbell curls-40 lbs-20 lbs-a lot of reps

Was suggested this by Y&H for deadlifts:
Week One - 75% x 5, 80% x 5, 85% x max reps
Week Two - 80% x 3, 85% x 3, 90% x max reps
Week Three - 75% x 5, 85% x 3, 95% x max reps
Week Four - you could either work up to 70% for a very easy amount of reps (usually 5 or a little more) or just not pull and do some deload type work
Week Five - restart cycle, but bump off that 1RM we calculated out by 10 pounds

Slow and steady wins the race.

DANO
04-13-09, 7:59 pm
Had a shitty dead session, but overall, back was decent today. Going to have to rethink my dead strategy.

Deads-135 x 5, 225 x 4, 315 x 1 , 425 x fail, 425 x fail, 405 x fail, BO-315 x 5

Lat pull down- 70 x 12, 100 x 12, 140 x 12-PR reps/weight

One arm row/face pull- 120 x 8/65 x 10, 120 x 8/120 x 10, 120 x6/140 x 8

Good mornings- 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 275 x 4-PR

Ez curl machine-110 x 10, 155 x 4, 155 x 5

Run the rack dumbbell curls-40 lbs-20 lbs-a lot of reps

Was suggested this by Y&H for deadlifts:
Week One - 75% x 5, 80% x 5, 85% x max reps
Week Two - 80% x 3, 85% x 3, 90% x max reps
Week Three - 75% x 5, 85% x 3, 95% x max reps
Week Four - you could either work up to 70% for a very easy amount of reps (usually 5 or a little more) or just not pull and do some deload type work
Week Five - restart cycle, but bump off that 1RM we calculated out by 10 pounds

Slow and steady wins the race.

That looked like a big jump to 425, maybe doing a rep w/ 365 then 425, get the big jump early. I might try 145, 235, 375, 425 tomorrow, all low reps.

wedge
04-13-09, 8:09 pm
That looked like a big jump to 425, maybe doing a rep w/ 365 then 425, get the big jump early. I might try 145, 235, 375, 425 tomorrow, all low reps.

You're right. I forgot to include 365 x 1.

DANO
04-13-09, 8:12 pm
You're right. I forgot to include 365 x 1.

In case you guys haven't noticed I am using a 55lb bar for my work, that is why my # have the extra lbs on them... If I get pics taken I will use the 45lb bar.

machineman
04-13-09, 11:01 pm
Warm Up
hypers 2 X 10

Deads
135 X 5
225 X 5
315 X 4
405 X 1 X 6
DS -- 315 X 5 -- 225 X 8

felt okay....had to use the shitty bar at the old Y.....we will see what Friday has in store...

prowrestler
04-13-09, 11:03 pm
thatd be wendlers 5/3/1. it works great

machineman
04-13-09, 11:06 pm

hope so!! just went with whatever for tonight....I knew the weight I wanted to use, but not the rep scheme.....

prowrestler
04-13-09, 11:09 pm
hope so!! just went with whatever for tonight....I knew the weight I wanted to use, but not the rep scheme.....

not ment for u but ok lmao!

wedge is usein 531

wedge
04-13-09, 11:42 pm

wedge is usein 531

Glad to hear it. It's worked wonders for Y&H. Start it up in a week.

machineman
04-14-09, 4:08 am

wedge is usein 531

lmoa......thanks...wasn't sure who you were talking to! now go back to bed!!

wedge
04-14-09, 9:42 am
lmoa......thanks...wasn't sure who you were talking to! now go back to bed!!

Still feeling the effects of that workout eh MM?

machineman
04-14-09, 11:55 am
Still feeling the effects of that workout eh MM?

sure was...just about tossed the pb & j preworkout meal last night...got home just before 10pm....never got to sleep til probably 11:30....

DANO
04-14-09, 11:56 am
Today I WILL rase the bar (no pun intended) going for a 425 today.

machineman
04-14-09, 11:57 am
all better now, though.....8oz tomato basil marinated pork chop, 3 small red potatoes. green beans with slivered almonds drizzled with olive oil....mmmmmmmmmmm LUNCH!

DANO
04-14-09, 12:09 pm
all better now, though.....8oz tomato basil marinated pork chop, 3 small red potatoes. green beans with slivered almonds drizzled with olive oil....mmmmmmmmmmm LUNCH!

Damn, now I am wishing I didn't finish off all the beef roast & stuffing w/ gravy my wife made!!

machineman
04-14-09, 12:10 pm
Damn, now I am wishing I didn't finish off all the beef roast & stuffing w/ gravy my wife made!!

haha.....man it was SOOOOO good, too....

wedge
04-14-09, 12:41 pm
Today I WILL rase the bar (no pun intended) going for a 425 today.

Go and take it Dano.

Lucky for me, I have some nice leftover Easter dinner waiting to be eaten in about an hour and a half (just finished off some eggs/oatmeal). Couple slabs of ham, yams and some string beans. My mouth is watering already.

DANO
04-14-09, 5:32 pm
Today’s back workout:
Hypers: 2 sets of 10 (warm up)
Deads: 145x5 235x5 395x1 425x1PR 430x0 415x0 325x3
Pull-ups: 5 w/ 25 lbs 5 w/ 10lbs 6 bodyweight 5 bodyweight
Bent over rows: 145x6 195x6 195x6 245x3

The 425 came up off the ground good, but 430 just kinda stuck there. All in all everything felt good. Strapped a quarter to me for pull-ups, as recommended by Shizz.
Reps sure dropped with that! Usually I can get 8-10 wide!! Wedge, your next!!

prowrestler
04-14-09, 5:34 pm
sick dead man, nice, 25lbs away!

DANO
04-14-09, 5:36 pm
sick dead man, nice, 25lbs away!

Thanks, It felt DAMN good at lockout!

mritter3
04-14-09, 5:39 pm
Today’s back workout:
Hypers: 2 sets of 10 (warm up)
Deads: 145x5 235x5 395x1 425x1PR 430x0 415x0 325x3
Pull-ups: 5 w/ 25 lbs 5 w/ 10lbs 6 bodyweight 5 bodyweight
Bent over rows: 145x6 195x6 195x6 245x3

The 425 came up off the ground good, but 430 just kinda stuck there. All in all everything felt good. Strapped a quarter to me for pull-ups, as recommended by Shizz.
Reps sure dropped with that! Usually I can get 8-10 wide!! Wedge, your next!!

nice workout dano, i love adding some weight when doing pullups/chins, 425 is a great number, you will hit 450 soon enough.

JUGGERNAUT
04-14-09, 5:42 pm
WOW this is getting good.

DANO
04-14-09, 5:46 pm
WOW this is getting good.

Thanks J, these two guys are damn good motivation!

machineman
04-14-09, 7:51 pm
great job, DANO! you are just daring me for Friday, ain't ya!! that's awesome that you got 425....if I don't feel better than I do now on Friday, I doubt I could pull 405!

wedge
04-14-09, 7:54 pm
Damn fine showing Dano. 425. The bar has been raised.

DANO
04-14-09, 8:16 pm
great job, DANO! you are just daring me for Friday, ain't ya!! that's awesome that you got 425....if I don't feel better than I do now on Friday, I doubt I could pull 405!

Oh, you WILL be feeling better! or else..............

Damn fine showing Dano. 425. The bar has been raised.

Thanks guys. It just pissed me off that my buddy didn't bring his camera, I wanted to get that on here!
maybe at 430!!

machineman
04-14-09, 8:18 pm
Oh, you WILL be feeling better! or else..............

Thanks guys. It just pissed me off that my buddy didn't bring his camera, I wanted to get that on here!
maybe at 430!!

getting that close to the BIG mark ,you had better start packing that bitch every training day!

DANO
04-14-09, 8:23 pm
getting that close to the BIG mark ,you had better start packing that bitch every training day!

hahaha Yah, I'll tell him that!

Thrawn
04-15-09, 9:54 am
Outstanding, Dano! Giving yourself another notch on your list and the others another big motivational boost.
This thread is GOOD.

DANO
04-15-09, 11:27 am
Outstanding, Dano! Giving yourself another notch on your list and the others another big motivational boost.
This thread is GOOD.

THESE GUYS are good!! they are the motovation!

wedge
04-15-09, 11:35 am
This thread is GOOD.

Dano is leading the pack right now. MM and I are playing catch up. The fire is lit.