PDA

View Full Version : Real Gains on a cut

BubbyLight
03-27-09, 2:10 pm
cutting, should i switch to a lower calorie protein or just keep taking real gains.
im taking it 2-3 times a day. usually has 3 egg whites with 3 scoops and milk.

calcaneous
03-27-09, 2:12 pm
Why are you taking real gains so much? Seems like you are using that over whole foods, which is a no-no. Real food (whole food) > any supplement.

BubbyLight
03-27-09, 2:17 pm
in the am with my eggs.1 hour after my torrent and then if im craving b4 i got to bed...not always

Aggression
03-27-09, 2:25 pm
cutting, should i switch to a lower calorie protein or just keep taking real gains.

On a serious cut, you'd want to eliminate Real Gains. Switch over to a Whey Isolate or the Specialized Protein for Dieters/Lean Mass.

If you're REALLY cutting hard, you'd want to drop the Torrent as well.

BubbyLight
03-27-09, 3:44 pm
so just clean up the diet, get a shake with less calories. what about just adding cuts and take out pump

Aggression
03-27-09, 3:47 pm
so just clean up the diet, get a shake with less calories. what about just adding cuts and take out pump

Cuts would be a good addition.
You can still take Pump while on a cut.

Universal Rep
03-27-09, 4:09 pm

You should be fine--focus on total caloric intake.

Phil800101
03-27-09, 4:27 pm
Cuts would be a good addition.
You can still take Pump while on a cut.

Agreed.

I also highly reccomend some EAA's or BCAA's...or both. Nitro, EAA Stack, or BCAA stack are great ways to preserve lean mass while cutting.

On a serious cut, you'd want to eliminate Real Gains. Switch over to a Whey Isolate or the Specialized Protein for Dieters/Lean Mass.

If you're REALLY cutting hard, you'd want to drop the Torrent as well.

Yup, that is some good advice. You can get alot of quality protein from those sources with fewer calories. The skim milk and egg whites are good to keep in, at least I think so. I use a chocolate-flavored whey isolate with milk and egg whites...tastes great, low calories/carbs, and very high in protein (from diverse sources I might add).

I still use Torrent and Intra-Aid...of course I factor the calories/nutrients in with the rest of my daily intake.

GJN5002
03-27-09, 4:38 pm
I wouldnt use it on a cut. Real gains = protein and malto. You need good fiberous carb sources, not maltodextrin

Wasteland
03-30-09, 10:28 am

How serious is your cut and what kind of program are you following? In general, you can keep the Real Gains, but should likely modify the intake.

mritter3
03-30-09, 10:47 am
if you want protein powder on a cut go with the isowhey.