PDA

View Full Version : Yet another routine question...

Sphinx
03-28-09, 7:41 pm
... well, not entirely about my routine, anyway, I workout Mon-Sat. My split looks like this;

Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Arms and Shoulders
Fridays - Abs
Saturday - Cardio and Boxing
Sunday - Off

I'm doing 5x5, I have between 4-8 exercises per day, and its followed by 15 mins of cardio. My question is, is it better to have a split where there are more than one muscles on one day or keep it one body part per day?

My arms day for instance includes shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I want to break that up and maybe do chest and tris together, is this a good idea? As well, I'm asking because I've come across information telling me that if I'm doing lets say chest for one day, the blood in my body rushes there when I workout, and I should keep it there as opposed to toss in a calf exercise or anything which ends up drawing the blood away from the chest.

JasonG
03-29-09, 2:18 am
Mix it up. Do tris with chest or shoulders sometimes and back with bi's. Or you could do chest/bis and back/tris. I personally wouldn't do a full arm workout with shoulders or I'd be in the gym over 2 hours. Maybe add abs in with another bodypart and with that freed day do arms instead for awhile, then switch it up like the beginning of my post. Good luck bro!

RK
03-29-09, 3:41 am
Mix it up. Do tris with chest or shoulders sometimes and back with bi's. Or you could do chest/bis and back/tris. I personally wouldn't do a full arm workout with shoulders or I'd be in the gym over 2 hours. Maybe add abs in with another bodypart and with that freed day do arms instead for awhile, then switch it up like the beginning of my post. Good luck bro!

some good advice there i would really focus on making your friday another lift day or another rest day. Personally i train abs twice a week (tues, and sat) with my other body parts. I find its a great way to warm up especially on a back day when your core has to be ready for big compound movements like dead lifts. Hope this helped! peace

Sphinx
03-29-09, 7:03 pm

some good advice there i would really focus on making your friday another lift day or another rest day. Personally i train abs twice a week (tues, and sat) with my other body parts. I find its a great way to warm up especially on a back day when your core has to be ready for big compound movements like dead lifts. Hope this helped! peace

Thanks for your help, I'll try mixing in the tris with chest, and bis with back. I try not to make this complicated, but I see and feel that my bigger muscles are developing faster than my smaller muscles. I know my chest and back have blown out a whole lot more than my arms, which is why I left arms to one day and just decided to kill them when that day came.

theharjmann
03-30-09, 8:51 am
personally i would say....

ditch the boxing part...

MONDAY
Back

TUESDAY
Chest

WEDNESDAY
REST AND EAT EAT EAT

THURSDAY
Legs and calves