PDA

View Full Version : Marching toward Black Horizons

Pages : [1] 2

omgi
03-29-09, 6:12 pm
Here starts the recording of my journey, which started at the summer 2007.

A scrawny ass 176 lb, 6'2 nerdbag started to take the gymtraining seriously, went on a 4000-4500 kcal diet with strict routine for 10 months. He managed to get up to 209 lb (a little to much bf though). However, as the nerdbag entered the university and got serious about his studies, he lost 17 lb and a lot of the strength he had gained. This winter he got his shit together again.

Here I am, back at 198 lb and weak as an infant. Im currently battling with an enemy called time. I have lectures every day from 8-15, and after that Im supposed to do research for about 6 hours.

Typical day:
250 protein
250g carbs
100g fat

Monday - LEGS
* Leg extensions, real ones (exhaust those suckers)
* Leg curl
* Leg press
* Squats
* ...abs

Tuesday - Chest, delt, tricep
* Dumbbell presses
* Cable cross
* Dumbbell flyes
* Seated dumbbell presses
* Dumbbell side lat
* Dumbbell front lat
* Tricep pushdown
* Tricep overhead pull
* ...abs

Friday or Saturday - Back, bicep
* Deadlifts
* Cable row
* Pulldowns
* Barbell curl (ez-bar)
* Dumbbell curl

Swok
03-29-09, 6:16 pm
Ill be following your journey!

omgi
03-29-09, 6:19 pm
Im not too happy about my shitty friday-routine. I will slowly merge in dumbbell rows and barbell rows, since I just recovered from a back injury.

My tuesday routine needs to be reshaped since my forearms and grip can't recover fully from it to back-day. Im thinking about 2 chest exercises (alternate between dumbbell and barbell press, cable cross), 2 delt (seated dumbbell press, dumbbell side lat) and 1 tricep (skullcrushers).

I really need to get better endurance and strength in my grip. I just barely manage the No. 2 CoC, and can hardly hold 300 lb without straps. WEAK SHIT.

Swok
03-29-09, 6:23 pm
id chuck some chins in on friday, and some wide grip rows if your back allows it.
and i think you are hitting to much shoudlers on tuesday. (atleast for me anyway).
But hey, if its working its all good!

omgi
03-29-09, 6:35 pm
Hey bro,
Yes you might be right. I've concidered on cutting down the amount of exercises that day as I wrote. I think I'll try to hit fewer but more intensive ones this tuesday. I'll report the results then.

... there. Night snack finished. 1lb of quark, 13 oz rosehip soup, a spoon of creatine. Already looking forward to the eggs and oats tomorrow mornin'. Good night!

omgi
03-30-09, 6:31 am
ON GOALS AND LIFE
This post will describe my hardest task to overcome at the present.

No workout today. I can't say that I have anything to blame, this is the path I chose. I study at one of this countries toughest university programs and read it in a somewhat faster pace. I have two overlapping goals that I am furiously trying to sort out - the training and the studies. As I wrote earlier, I have lectures from 8-15 and are supposed to do about 5-6 hours of research and work after that, which means that I would be occupied from 8-21. I have managed to sort out the food and diet part. But the hardest thing is the workout. The gym is located just at the school, but the problem is: it is time-consuming, it is really hard to preform good studies after working out and I have 40 min simple trip between my home and school/gym.

Working out means that I have to eat one big meal before (~30 min in total), going to the gym (10m), getting dressed + warmup (20 min or more, warmup is crucial for me as I have some old injuries), doing the routine (60 min), shower + get dressed + get back to school (20 min), post workout meal (~30 min).

This ads up to 170 min (140 without pre-workout meal) if I don't get interfered. That is an AWFUL lot of time just for a workout.

This means, on an ordinary day if I train, I will be occupied constantly from 8 to ~22-23. Then I have to go home (40 min) and sleep directly, not being able to go shopping, cook food etc. I approximately get 6 hours of sleep which is 2 hours to little.

This is my test. This is where I need to have discipline, try to find improvements and better routines.

Swok
03-30-09, 7:34 am
It doesnt have to take that much time. do shorter sessions, higher intensity lower volume. and take shakes pre and post.

also, if you have problems with the studies afterwards, get some caffiene drink or something.
Its quite "easy" to make the time for the gym. just about routine.

occupied from 8-21, cooking 2-3 times a week. 45min workout should be easy to squeeze in.

omgi
03-30-09, 9:57 am
It doesnt have to take that much time. do shorter sessions, higher intensity lower volume. and take shakes pre and post.

also, if you have problems with the studies afterwards, get some caffiene drink or something.
Its quite "easy" to make the time for the gym. just about routine.

occupied from 8-21, cooking 2-3 times a week. 45min workout should be easy to squeeze in.

I always take pre and post shakes, I don't count them though. I need one real meal afterwards. I always take caffeine too afterwards but to no avail, be it coffee or "INSERT NAME OF SOME DECENT CAFFEINE PRODUCT". A really heavy back or leg workout always gets to me when it comes to studies since I need to be so extremely focused and sharp when studying. I'll see if I can get a better recovery somehow...

I've heard that 45 min is optimal when doing intense workouts (looking at GH and testosterone levels during the workout etc), so I think I'll aim for that.

Presently eating the 3d real meal - 5 oz of long corned rice (this one got the same fiber levels as brown rice), 0.8 lb of chicken, half a bag of greens.

Swok
03-30-09, 10:19 am
Ok, i assume youre talking about whole grain rice?

see if you can cram the workout in later in the day, so you dont have to do to much studying afterwards.

omgi
03-30-09, 4:46 pm
Well, that still leaves me with 2 hours short of sleep.

Hm I'm thinking about my routine tomorrow. I will try 2 chest, 2 delt, 1 tricep. I haven't filled in the blanks yet though:
Chest
* Dumbbell presses (? sets x ? reps)
* ???
Delt
* Military presses or Seated dumbbell presses (3 x ?)
* ???
Tricep
* Skullcrushers (10, 10, until fail - heheheh)

One thing is for sure though... I will DESTROY SHIT.

NJC_Manhattan
03-30-09, 4:55 pm
Welcome and good luck

Lethal_Banana
03-30-09, 7:13 pm
Tjenixen grabben,

I found a link to this journey through Swok's, and saw you live in Sweden.
I spent most of my life there before ending up in this flat piece o' country.
This journey definitely looks interesting, and being able to balance heavy studying with proper workouts is no easy feat!

Now, if you don't mind, I would immediately tell you to GTFO in under 60 minutes, especially since you are hard-pressed for time!

How about using a few more compound exercises instead of all those isolation exercises, to recruit more muscles in the same movement? I'd be happy to provide some suggestions, but I wouldn't want to intrude on your space ;)

Oh, and also, like was already mentioned, decrease resting time between sets. I know its no fun as you have to use less weight after the first set, but it will also give your heart a nice boost :)

Work hard and play harder bro!

Cheers,
LB

omgi
03-31-09, 6:29 am
Tjenixen grabben,

I found a link to this journey through Swok's, and saw you live in Sweden.
I spent most of my life there before ending up in this flat piece o' country.
This journey definitely looks interesting, and being able to balance heavy studying with proper workouts is no easy feat!

Now, if you don't mind, I would immediately tell you to GTFO in under 60 minutes, especially since you are hard-pressed for time!

How about using a few more compound exercises instead of all those isolation exercises, to recruit more muscles in the same movement? I'd be happy to provide some suggestions, but I wouldn't want to intrude on your space ;)

Oh, and also, like was already mentioned, decrease resting time between sets. I know its no fun as you have to use less weight after the first set, but it will also give your heart a nice boost :)

Work hard and play harder bro!

Cheers,
LB

Tjenixen!
Nice to see someone else who has lived here. :)
Yeah I know it's a lot of practices, and I usually run them 3x10 or so, so its a lot of repetitions but pretty low weight. Thats mostly due to my first goal when I started, to start "easy" and let my entire body get used to the workout. I have some old injuries back since when I was training soccer in 3 teams at once, and also doing swimming, running and floorball at the same time. I was a real workout-junkie when I was younger. Then I just stopped and trained nothing for 2 years. That made my body very frail. The worst is a lower back injury that haunted me last spring. I guess I have gotten around it, and I feel pretty okey with going heavier, so I would be grateful for whatever suggestions you might have! I'm currently thinking about moving in chins and barbell rows instead of pulldowns on friday for example. See you around!

Welcome and good luck
Thanks man. Your routine really looks interesting, I'll be sure to check your journey out more thorough!

omgi
03-31-09, 7:12 am
GOAL and STATS
Height: 6'2
Weight: 200 lb ("normal" bf, hrrrm)
Goal: Powerlifting or BodyBuilding? When I first entered the gym, I just wanted to get a body free from injuries, and a strengthened body that could endure hard workout without getting injured. I both succeeded and failed at the same time since I got pretty hardened, but suffered a lower back injury. It was probably due to overtraining squats and deadlifts in a way to close span. I managed to rest and slowly train around it. Now I will just train to gain both strength and volume to begin with. Time will tell which path I choose.

I've never been to fond of 1rm lifts since I've had a lower back injury, but hopefully I'll be able to do it soon. Here are the PR anyway. I'm a bit behind them now due to long break, but get ready to see them SMASHED soon enough:

Deadlifts - 265 lb for 8 reps, my grip can't take more
Squats - 242 lb for 3x10 reps
Benchpress - 176 lb, I stood still on that for about 4 months
Dumbbell presses - 77 lb for 3x8

omgi
03-31-09, 9:33 am
Fucking hell, I'm crawling out of my skin right now. I just can't wait any longer, I wasn't supposed to train until about 5 hours, but I must do it now. I'm going to the local lifting shop to buy an Animal Belt first (next back workout will be AWESOME) and some caffeine drinks for post workout. RAGE

omgi
03-31-09, 12:50 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 68 lb (+5 lb from previous week)
6x 74 lb (+11 lb from previous week) - 2 reps, 3 lb from PR
6x 68 lb (+5 lb from previous week)

Incline Dumbbell presses
8x 51 lb (aimed for 12)

Military press
12x 44 lb
8x 66 lb
10x 44 lb

High pulls
10x 68 lb
10x 68 lb

Tricep pushdown DROPSET (no rest!)
12x 99 lb (+5 lb from previous week)
5x 88 lb
5x 77 lb
5x 55 lb
5x 44 lb

Abs
Crunches and coreball exercises

Post-workout meal:
2 scoops of gainer + 2 servings of creatine
5 oz full grain rice (uncooked volume)
0.7 pounds of chicken fillet

Swok
03-31-09, 2:07 pm
Nice with the first session down!
Try to nail 74lbs for 6 reps in all sets, other than that. good shit!

omgi
03-31-09, 2:32 pm
Nice with the first session down!
Try to nail 74lbs for 6 reps in all sets, other than that. good shit!

Thanks man. I really appreciate your advice yesterday about this routine. I will try it out for a couple of weeks to see if it gives more than my previous schedule.

I'm not to happy about these things from todays workout though:
* Incline Dumbbell press - I was aming for 12 reps, but had to struggle for about 5-6 sec with the 8 rep.
* Military press - I used to do this on 100-110 lb, so I'm really far behind here.
* High pulls - I feel like it gave nothing. Shitty technique?

Swok
03-31-09, 3:03 pm
Thanks man. I really appreciate your advice yesterday about this routine. I will try it out for a couple of weeks to see if it gives more than my previous schedule.

I'm not to happy about these things from todays workout though:
* Incline Dumbbell press - I was aming for 12 reps, but had to struggle for about 5-6 sec with the 8 rep.
* Military press - I used to do this on 100-110 lb, so I'm really far behind here.
* High pulls - I feel like it gave nothing. Shitty technique?

your "high pull" is upright rows, and if you didnt feel anything maybe you werent working enough on the negative rep, and or used to much weight and put most of the stress on the traps and/or biceps. its a little tricky to learn, but it works great.

its quite important not to use momentum in the upright row. but try a few diffrent hand placings, rep speed and contractions, and se if you can make it click properly. if you go to high youll move it to the trapz.

Ill see if i can find some good youtube clips of it performed properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33GJR1Z4FE
its the idea, but hes going way to high which works the trapz more than the delts. so slightly above parallel is enough.
if you fail early in the press, just apply rest paus, if you fail at rep 8, rest for 10-15 seconds. squeeze out the rest, repeat if absolutly needed.

omgi
03-31-09, 3:18 pm
your "high pull" is upright rows, and if you didnt feel anything maybe you werent working enough on the negative rep, and or used to much weight and put most of the stress on the traps and/or biceps. its a little tricky to learn, but it works great.

its quite important not to use momentum in the upright row. but try a few diffrent hand placings, rep speed and contractions, and se if you can make it click properly. if you go to high youll move it to the trapz.

Ill see if i can find some good youtube clips of it performed properly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33GJR1Z4FE
its the idea, but hes going way to high which works the trapz more than the delts. so slightly above parallel is enough.
if you fail early in the press, just apply rest paus, if you fail at rep 8, rest for 10-15 seconds. squeeze out the rest, repeat if absolutly needed.

Yes I felt more stress on traps and bicep. I was doing it the way he did, all the way up. I have never done this exercise thorough before (couldn't due to forearm/wrist problems), but I'll keep on trying.

Ok, I think I'll take a little longer pause next time, and rest pause if needed, squeezing out the last ounce of energy. Thanks!

Lethal_Banana
03-31-09, 3:46 pm
That's a nice workout man! Keep getting more volume or weight in each workout and you'll progress :D

Cheers,
LB

omgi
04-01-09, 12:52 pm
That's a nice workout man! Keep getting more volume or weight in each workout and you'll progress :D

Cheers,
LB
Thanks for the support!

Currently trying to figure out some 2-3 month goals, we'll see if I can come up with any until next week. I can say that I will try to hit the form I was in when I was at my peak in a matter of months at least. Starting to reach some of those weights already (dumbbell presses and deadlifts).

omgi
04-03-09, 5:22 am
Eating my eggs and oats, getting psyched up with some oldschool swedish death metal (Grotesque and Autopsy). One more meal before back workout. Will be nice to try out the new animal belt I got yesterday.

omgi
04-03-09, 1:21 pm
Deadlifts (no straps, no chalk, just me! only worksets included)
5x287 lb (+22 lb from PR)
2x309 lb (+44 lb from PR) - PR!
1x287 lb **

Chins
10 reps

Barbell rows
10x132 lb (a bit too easy)

Barbell shrugs
6x198 lb (weak shit, grip was exhausted)
10x132 lb (this felt quite unnecessary)

Bicep 21s (STRICT FORM, + 5 whole reps)
66 lb (first time ever, picked a too light weight)

** - I went for 3 on 309 lb, but I slipped. Got angry, tried again but slipped even higher. Took a short rest pause, but when I tried 3d time I was more soaked than before and slipped again. I was not happy (to say the least) so I stepped down to the previous weight and lifted it as if it where a bag of trash.

omgi
04-03-09, 1:27 pm
Diet for today:

1. 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 lb of oatmeal, 33 oz of milk (1 liter)
2. 5 oz full grain rice, 0.7 lb chicken fillet, 33 oz of milk (1 liter)
(3. Post workout shake, 2 scoops of whey)
4. 5 oz full grain rice, 0.7 lb chicken fillet, 1 lb of broccoli 33 oz of milk (1 liter)
(5. Protein bar snack)
6. Hm, not here yet
7. One more snack, dunno what
8. 1 lb Quark

Swok
04-03-09, 1:32 pm
Deadlifts (no straps, no chalk, just me! only worksets included)
5x287 lb (+22 lb from PR)
2x309 lb (+44 lb from PR) - PR!
1x287 lb **

Chins
10 reps

Barbell rows
10x132 lb (a bit too easy)

Barbell shrugs
6x198 lb (weak shit, grip was exhausted)
10x132 lb (this felt quite unnecessary)

Bicep 21s (STRICT FORM, + 5 whole reps)
66 lb (first time ever, picked a too light weight)

** - I went for 3 on 309 lb, but I slipped. Got angry, tried again but slipped even higher. Took a short rest pause, but when I tried 3d time I was more soaked than before and slipped again. I was not happy (to say the least) so I stepped down to the previous weight and lifted it as if it where a bag of trash.

Good stuff, im glad you took my advice. itll be easier next session. good deadlifts. you are catching on. maybe i shouldnt tell you all my "secrets" ;)

Haha. good stit bro and the food looks good.
keep it up!

Swok

omgi
04-03-09, 1:39 pm
Good stuff, im glad you took my advice. itll be easier next session. good deadlifts. you are catching on. maybe i shouldnt tell you all my "secrets" ;)

Haha. good stit bro and the food looks good.
keep it up!

Swok

Hehehe thanks for your advice. My back and legs can lift a lot more than 309 lb at the moment, the problem is my grip. I don't want to start using straps just yet, and my gym doesn't approve of using magnesium/chalk. I'm afraid of pushing my back too fast at the present though, but I'll be trying to up the reps on 309 lb next time, perhaps 5-6 singles.

Swok
04-03-09, 4:28 pm
Hehehe thanks for your advice. My back and legs can lift a lot more than 309 lb at the moment, the problem is my grip. I don't want to start using straps just yet, and my gym doesn't approve of using magnesium/chalk. I'm afraid of pushing my back too fast at the present though, but I'll be trying to up the reps on 309 lb next time, perhaps 5-6 singles.

Sounds good, 5 singles is a good choice, just be really strict on the form. and you shouldnt really need a belt at that weight, unless you really think you do. ive stopped using my belt and if feels better. i might use it if im going for a 1rm.

Continue growing bro.

omgi
04-03-09, 5:42 pm
Sounds good, 5 singles is a good choice, just be really strict on the form. and you shouldnt really need a belt at that weight, unless you really think you do. ive stopped using my belt and if feels better. i might use it if im going for a 1rm.

Continue growing bro.

I'm gonna take it careful for the time being, don't want that nasty back injury to come back and haunt me. I'll be sure to work on my abs and core so I don't loose out on any of that exercise.

omgi
04-04-09, 9:06 am
After a solid back day comes a solid breakfast!

6 egg whites

Gainer in the mixer:
10 oz of oats
2 scoops of whey
34 oz of milk (1 liter)
small scoop of gainer
honey and cocoa (for fructose and anti-oxidants)

Coffee

omgi
04-04-09, 9:27 am
Fluid oz of course... thank you Swok for pointing that out.

machineman
04-04-09, 9:31 am
good work in here, omgi....keep it up, bro....

omgi
04-04-09, 9:59 am
good work in here, omgi....keep it up, bro....

Thank you for taking a peek in here. I'll go mental at the coming workouts for sure.

omgi
04-07-09, 3:12 pm
Leg extensions (squeeeeeeeze)
12x
12x
12x

Leg press
10x
8x
8x
8x
8x

Abs

Squats - no, my lower back was too sore. I was not to happy. But better to step of on one workout than get back my injury and have to step of for 4 months.

Not to happy about this workout. Atleast I pushed myself in the legpress. I'll probably burst a vein in my head some day from this sucker.

omgi
04-07-09, 3:20 pm
Dumbbell presses
4x 74 lb (shit)
6x 68 lb (shitballs)
5x 68 lb (f*cking shitballs)

Incline Dumbbell presses
12x 46 lb (king of f*cking shitballs)

Military press
8x 66 lb (+22 lb from previous week)
8x 66 lb
8x 66 lb (+22 lb from previous week)

High pulls
8x 88 lb (+20 lb from previous week)
8x 88 lb (+20 lb from previous week)

Tricep pushdown DROPSET (no rest! +2 sets since last time)
12x 99 lb
5x 88 lb
5x 77 lb
5x 66 lb
5x 55 lb
5x 44 lb
5x 33 lb

Abs

Where to start? This was the first workout in a couple of months when I was actually weaker than the week before (dumbbell presses). Would be strange however when considering how extremely pumped up I was last week (without caffeine/sups! never been that focused), and how bad I felt today. Actually had a hard time walking straight to the gym, felt drunk and disoriented, like when you are low on carbs for some time. I have had this sensation before, and everytime I just rode it out. This time however I got my shit together for real and made progress during the later exercises instead.

omgi
04-12-09, 11:32 am
I have rotated my schedule:

Monday - Back, bicep
Deadlifts: 5*1 or 2*3
Chins: 1*12
Barbell rows: 1*8
Barbell shrugs: 1*8
Bicep 21s: 1 set

Wednesday - Chest, delt, tricep
Dumbbell presses: 3*6
Incline dumbbell presses: 1*12
Military presses: 3*8
Upright barbell rows: 2*8
Tricep pushdown dropset: 1*12, 4*5

Friday - Legs
Leg extensions: 3*10
Leg presses: 3*10
Squats: 3*5

Abs on wednesday and friday.

Swok
04-13-09, 10:05 am
I have rotated my schedule:

Monday - Back, bicep
Deadlifts: 5*1 or 2*3
Chins: 1*12
Barbell rows: 1*8
Barbell shrugs: 1*8
Bicep 21s: 1 set

Wednesday - Chest, delt, tricep
Dumbbell presses: 3*6
Incline dumbbell presses: 1*12
Military presses: 3*8
Upright barbell rows: 2*8
Tricep pushdown dropset: 1*12, 4*5

Friday - Legs
Leg extensions: 3*10
Leg presses: 3*10
Squats: 3*5

Abs on wednesday and friday.

It looks ok, but id change the friday routine. you are not hitting hamstrings and calfs.
My advice would be to do:

Squat: 3*3 or 3*6
Box squat: 3*5
Legpress: 1*12
SLDL or goodmorning 1*15 or 2*8
Calfpresses: 3*10-12

But if you want to pre-exhaust. you sohuld do it on most bodyparts instead of just legs.

Keep at it

omgi
04-13-09, 1:53 pm
Deadlifts (no straps, neutral grip, chalk)
Warmup
1x287 lb
1x309 lb
1x331 lb (+22 lb from PR) - PR!
1x331 lb
1x331 lb

Chins
10 reps

Barbell rows
8x154 lb (+22 lb from last time)

Barbell shrugs
10x220 lb (+22 lb from last time)

Bicep 21s
77 lb (+11 lb from last time)

omgi
04-13-09, 1:55 pm
The lifts where easier than I thought. The grip was close to failing on the last rep though. I will try 5 singles on 331 lb next time. Barbell shrugs was weak shit, couldn't hold on to the bar.
Other than that, I'm quite pleased with the training today.

maniack
04-13-09, 1:56 pm
lookin solid wit them deads omgi, keep up the good work

Swok
04-13-09, 2:16 pm
Looking good man!

Keep them heavy ass deads comming!

Swok

omgi
04-14-09, 12:31 pm
Looking good man!

Keep them heavy ass deads comming!

Swok

lookin solid wit them deads omgi, keep up the good work

Thanks! I'm happy to be able to increase my deadlift PR with 66 lb in 2 workouts. It feels awesome. Now I need to work on my form in squats, always done it in the smith machine before so it's a bit tricky with the free barbell atm.

machineman
04-14-09, 4:32 pm
great job on those deads, bro...keep at it and you will be past me! you have put on 66 pounds on your PR in 2 weeks.....obviously as you get closer to your 1 RM, it will level off, but shit, man, you are right there.....I bet you got at least 365 X 1 in ya!!

omgi
04-14-09, 6:02 pm
great job on those deads, bro...keep at it and you will be past me! you have put on 66 pounds on your PR in 2 weeks.....obviously as you get closer to your 1 RM, it will level off, but shit, man, you are right there.....I bet you got at least 365 X 1 in ya!!

You might be right about the 365. The thing is that I have never attempted higher than 265 lb before even though I felt I had a lot more in me (fear of back injury). Im thinking about trying to go as high as possible sometime soon with straps. Time will tell!

Swok
04-14-09, 6:11 pm
You might be right about the 365. The thing is that I have never attempted higher than 265 lb before even though I felt I had a lot more in me (fear of back injury). Im thinking about trying to go as high as possible sometime soon with straps. Time will tell!

You got alot more, youll pull 400 before the summer is here!
or i will come down to guthenburg and make you do it! :D

Looks solid bro, the increasing weight will result in more power, just be real anal about your form and youll be fine.

Perhaps throw some rack-pulls in aswell.

Swok

omgi
04-15-09, 5:35 am
You got alot more, youll pull 400 before the summer is here!
or i will come down to guthenburg and make you do it! :D

I'd like that hehe ;D

Perhaps throw some rack-pulls in aswell.

Yeah perhaps we can discuss my current routine until next time.

machineman
04-15-09, 7:11 am

go as heavy as possible without straps....you will improve your grip strength...I quite using straps unless absolutely necessary...now when I do use them, they feel weird!

omgi
04-15-09, 12:21 pm
go as heavy as possible without straps....you will improve your grip strength...I quite using straps unless absolutely necessary...now when I do use them, they feel weird!

Yes I love to improve my grip-strength, it is one of the things I value the most. I would like to avoid using the straps as much as possible. But it would be nice to try to do a bit heavier lifts with great form some time, not having the grip as a bottle neck.

machineman
04-15-09, 12:22 pm
Yes I love to improve my grip-strength, it is one of the things I value the most. I would like to avoid using the straps as much as possible. But it would be nice to try to do a bit heavier lifts with great form some time, not having the grip as a bottle neck.

then by all means, strap on the heaviest set if need be.....it is always good to go for a 1RM sometimes! even if you don't make it, it gives you a feel for where you are....shoot for the stars, bro!

omgi
04-15-09, 12:28 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 74 lb
6x 74 lb
3x 74 lb (would've made 4 with a spotter)

Incline Dumbbell presses
10x 52 lb (+6 lb since last time)

Military press
6x 66 lb (wtf!?)
8x 66 lb (got angry)
6x 66 lb (wtf!?)

Upright Row
8x 88 lb (better form and feeling)
8x 88 lb

Tricep pushdown DROPSET
12x 110 lb (+11 lb since last time)
5x 99 lb
5x 88 lb
5x 77 lb
5x 66 lb
5x 55 lb
5x 44 lb

Abs

omgi
04-15-09, 12:33 pm
I don't know what to say about todays workout. I have always felt that presses are my greatest flaw. I really gotta start doing bench presses again, but for that I need a good spotter.

Actually made 2 of the 3 sets with 74 lb in dumbbell presses - next time will be 3x6. Military press was a setback since last time, but that might have been because I'm not used to do shoulders this close after back day. The best feeling was in the tricep pushdown. Switched to a new kind of handle which felt better. Even though I raised it 11 lb since last time, it was too little to start with. I got a very good burn from the dropsets though, so it can only mean one thing - heavier weights next time!

maniack
04-15-09, 1:39 pm
don't let it get to you, you can't always expect to see gains every workout. there will be days where you aren't feeling up to par. don't let it bother you, maybe try more rest in between workouts or switch up the routine. or even just get more rest the night before. anyway i'm sure you'll be alright keep your head up omgi!

omgi
04-16-09, 12:40 pm
don't let it get to you, you can't always expect to see gains every workout. there will be days where you aren't feeling up to par. don't let it bother you, maybe try more rest in between workouts or switch up the routine. or even just get more rest the night before. anyway i'm sure you'll be alright keep your head up omgi!

Thanks, yeah I know. It's just that all my hardest gains are in the press exercises. I have such a hard time gaining strength and endurance. I used to do many exercises and many reps. Now I'm going to try low reps, really high intensity and heavy weights. I'll try to focus more and more on form as I progress, searching for a better contact and slower negatives.

Legs tomorrow. I'm gonna take two guys who have never trained in a gym before and introduce them to the weights. I'm really looking forward to it.

maniack
04-16-09, 1:52 pm
Thanks, yeah I know. It's just that all my hardest gains are in the press exercises. I have such a hard time gaining strength and endurance. I used to do many exercises and many reps. Now I'm going to try low reps, really high intensity and heavy weights. I'll try to focus more and more on form as I progress, searching for a better contact and slower negatives.

Legs tomorrow. I'm gonna take two guys who have never trained in a gym before and introduce them to the weights. I'm really looking forward to it.

i like the attitude, you just have to find your niche, everyones body is different, so trial and error is a key in seeing progress.

good luck with them i wish i could do the same with my little brother, i always ask him but hes stuck to that damn xbox hah, have fun!

omgi
04-17-09, 7:13 am
i like the attitude, you just have to find your niche, everyones body is different, so trial and error is a key in seeing progress.

good luck with them i wish i could do the same with my little brother, i always ask him but hes stuck to that damn xbox hah, have fun!

Yeah it's a shame when all you want for them is the best, but it's their choice in the end. I guess the thing is not to make a habbit of grinding them to often, that will probably just kill any desire to go at all, but I guess you know that well enough. Hopefully he'll let go of the xbox-controller some day!

omgi
04-17-09, 2:55 pm
Ok, this is the first time I do squat in a year since my injury. Wanted to start of "light" since I never have done squats with free barbell (had to powerclean it up if I wanted to be able to do it in my old gym since there were no rack there).

Squat
6x 220 lb
8x 220 lb
6x 220 lb

Leg press
15x 353 lb

SLDL
0x0

Leg extensions (ascending weight - NO REST between sets!)
6 sets x 8 reps

I fell in the stairs after this exercise, had to lay down a bit to get some air.

Leg press
3x10

Abs

I didn't like the feeling in my lower back during squats, it got hit harder than legs. It is hard to find the proper form the first time I guess. Leg press was a bit too easy, never done leg press in a proper rack since my old gym didn't have one. Need to find my weights in that exercise. I didn't like the feeling in my lower back one bit when it was time for SLDL, so I had to chicken out. I had to kill my hams/gluteus in leg press instead by placing my feet high and trying to focus the repetitions. All in all: I like the results since this was the first proper leg workout in a looong time. I feel I have HUGE gains to get here.

omgi
04-17-09, 3:00 pm
Quads WILL be in pain tomorrow. Me like.

Lethal_Banana
04-19-09, 2:05 pm
Ooh, everyone seems to be squatting lately! Good work man!
That's why I like my 3x per week squats. I can't hide from them as they are in each workout heh :D

Cheers,
LB

omgi
04-19-09, 4:35 pm
Ooh, everyone seems to be squatting lately! Good work man!
That's why I like my 3x per week squats. I can't hide from them as they are in each workout heh :D
Cheers,
LB

Yeah I look forward on getting into the technique so I can start pushing it harder. You aren't feeling that 3x a week is hurting your lower back?

Quads, hams and glutes are still f*cking destroyed, have been walking like a stickman for 2 days now. I'm beginning to worry about the deadlifts tomorrow. All I can do now is to rub in some gel that is used for painrelieving and rehab, and go to bed a bit earlier.

omgi
04-20-09, 3:49 pm
Warmup
1x287 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb (+ 2 singles since last time)

Chins
10 reps

Barbell rows
10x176 lb (+22 lb from last time)

Barbell shrugs
10x220 lb

Bicep 21s
88 lb (+11 lb from last time - failed on 4th whole rep though)

Barbell Curl
10x66 lb

NJC_Manhattan
04-20-09, 3:53 pm
Warmup
1x287 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb
1x331 lb (+ 2 singles since last time)

Chins
10 reps

Barbell rows
10x176 lb (+22 lb from last time)

Barbell shrugs
10x220 lb

Bicep 21s
88 lb (+11 lb from last time - failed on 4th whole rep though)

Barbell Curl
10x66 lb

Solid back day man, keep it up

omgi
04-20-09, 3:55 pm
I am really surprised that it went so smooth today, considering the circumstances. My legs are still stiff and in pain since the leg workout, I have been ill all day and had a hard time eating/digesting, feeling sleepy and weak. This shit takes it's toll when you are going for numbers, your mind begins to fuck things up for you... but who fucking cares? This is shit that you just have to grind the fuck down into oblivion.

The intensity wasn't very good today though, was training a guy through his first real gymsession, so everything was new to him. I don't mind though, always good to have your friends enter the iron-game. He'll hopefully post his journey soon.

Solid back day man, keep it up

Thank's man.

omgi
04-22-09, 12:19 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 74 lb
6x 74 lb
4x 79 lb (+5 lb)

Incline Dumbbell presses
12x 52 lb (+2 reps)

Military press
8x 66 lb
6x 88 lb (+22 lb)
8x 66 lb

Upright Row, wide grip
10x 88 lb (+ 2 reps)
10x 88 lb (+ 2 reps)

Tricep pushdown DROPSET (no rest!)
12x 121 lb (+11 lb since last time)
5x 110 lb
5x 99 lb
5x 88 lb
5x 77 lb
5x 66 lb
5x 55 lb

Calfs

Abs

omgi
04-22-09, 12:23 pm
Was aiming for 3x6 on 74lb dumbbells press, but it felt too easy after the 2nd set so I increased the weight. Next time I'll go for 1 or 2 sets of 6 on 79 lb dumbbells. At last I reached the 12 reps in incline, so I'll add weight there next time. Wide grip on upright row was new since last time. I felt that it fucked some with my wrists (particularly after military presses, since I have stopped using gloves with wrist wraps). Tricep pushdown was too light startoff this time too even though I increased, so I'll add another 11 lb to next time. Got a good burn though, but that was nothing compared to the burn from the calf workout. I'm happy to be training them again.

The intensity sucked like last workout, but that was since I was babysitting this again.

machineman
04-22-09, 12:24 pm
good work, omgi.....just make sure you are getting enough food and try to rest as much as possible.....you are right, though....going heavy for weeks on end does drain ya.....once I hit the 450 dead, I am taking a week off....and will gladly accept it!! keep up the good work.....

omgi
04-22-09, 12:28 pm
good work, omgi.....just make sure you are getting enough food and try to rest as much as possible.....you are right, though....going heavy for weeks on end does drain ya.....once I hit the 450 dead, I am taking a week off....and will gladly accept it!! keep up the good work.....

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I'm shoving rice, chicken, red meat and greens as of this moment hehe. Looking forward to hitting the sack a bit earlier tonight. I probably won't allow any rest until I reach the 400 dead. :P
You have earned your rest man!

machineman
04-22-09, 12:33 pm
Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I'm shoving rice, chicken, red meat and greens as of this moment hehe. Looking forward to hitting the sack a bit earlier tonight. I probably won't allow any rest until I reach the 400 dead. :P
You have earned your rest man!

almost! still have to get the 450 off the floor......maybe take a shot at it Friday....will have to wait and see how I feel....right now I feel like shit with this sinus congestion....

omgi
04-22-09, 12:38 pm
almost! still have to get the 450 off the floor......maybe take a shot at it Friday....will have to wait and see how I feel....right now I feel like shit with this sinus congestion....

You'll do it man! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Swok
04-22-09, 3:15 pm
Looks good, perhaps switch the pushdown up a bit, i can show you on saturday.

maniack
04-22-09, 7:35 pm
oh wow you 2 train together, lucky hah! i need a training partner!!!

omgi
04-23-09, 4:15 am
oh wow you 2 train together, lucky hah! i need a training partner!!!

Nah, we have quite a trip between each other (6 hours), but he occasionally makes the trip. Would also like to have someone to train with so I can have a spot on the bench, squat etc.

maniack
04-23-09, 4:05 pm
haha, someone who knows "how to spot" i have a funny story, when i was doing my squats 320x5, there were me and two other gentlemen in the gym at the time. the one guy was occupied with leg extensions, while the other appeared to be on a break from his set. i walked up and asked him if he could spot me, he was more than glad to. shame is, i dont think he knew how to "spot" me. he went to the left side of the rack and went to lift the weight as i did, nearly throwing me off balance. i set the weight down and just said "nevermind" i was shocked but the guy just stood there, so i did the set w/o a spot, but it was a scary thought as to what could have happened. i figured since he was an older gentlemen he had some gym knowledge, i was wrong...

omgi
04-23-09, 5:11 pm
haha, someone who knows "how to spot" i have a funny story, when i was doing my squats 320x5, there were me and two other gentlemen in the gym at the time. the one guy was occupied with leg extensions, while the other appeared to be on a break from his set. i walked up and asked him if he could spot me, he was more than glad to. shame is, i dont think he knew how to "spot" me. he went to the left side of the rack and went to lift the weight as i did, nearly throwing me off balance. i set the weight down and just said "nevermind" i was shocked but the guy just stood there, so i did the set w/o a spot, but it was a scary thought as to what could have happened. i figured since he was an older gentlemen he had some gym knowledge, i was wrong...

Hahaha damn, thats a really scary scenario though. Probably one of the reason as to why I never ask strangers to spot me.

NJC_Manhattan
04-23-09, 5:56 pm
Hahaha damn, thats a really scary scenario though. Probably one of the reason as to why I never ask strangers to spot me.

x2.

This might sound bias, but the only stranger I ask for spots are dude who are obviously jacked. I figure they might know something.

LittleMan55
04-23-09, 6:03 pm
Nice looking chest, delt and tri day yesterday!

omgi
04-24-09, 4:14 am
Nice looking chest, delt and tri day yesterday!

Thanks for taking a peek! Feel kinda sore even today, so I'm happy with it.

Dolby
04-24-09, 8:34 am
keep up the good work omgi!

omgi
04-25-09, 4:54 am
Damnnnn I'm gettin psyched. One piece after another falls into place as I am to train with Swok (my mentor!) for the very first time in my life, even though we have known eachother for bout 6-7 years over the internet. Slamming down a 1300 kcal breakfast, am about to hit the holy PWO dump and getting motivated. The only problem right now is my calfs that have been cramping together the last 24 h and my furious allergy.

keep up the good work omgi!

Thanks for swinging by.

Dolby
04-25-09, 7:34 am
Thanks for swinging by.

haha no problems! is refreshin to see how other people go about ther training and how people can improve with consistency and hard work! training is a very rewarding thing when done correctly i think! keep it up!

omgi
04-25-09, 2:24 pm
haha no problems! is refreshin to see how other people go about ther training and how people can improve with consistency and hard work! training is a very rewarding thing when done correctly i think! keep it up!

Yeah I totally agree. You too!

omgi
04-25-09, 2:50 pm
Trained with Swok.

Squat:
(6x220 lb)
3x242 lb (+22 lb)
3x242 lb
3x220 lb

Legpress:
14x507 lb (+110 lb)
8x595 lb (+176 lb) - PR!

Boxsquats: (new!)
6x132 lb
6x176 lb
6x176 lb

Leg extensions: (ascending set, bout 5-10 secs rest)
6 sets, 8 reps

Legcurl: (new!)
10x70 lb
10x79 lb
14x79 lb

SLDL: (new!)
-x88 lb

Situps with dumbell: (new!)
20x35 lb

-----------------------------
I just wanna say a huge thanks to Henrik (Swok) for literally killing my ass. I have never had the opportunity to be trained or pushed by anyone, and he did no small feat with that. I had never reached these results without him and I'm really happy for it. I learned quite a lot today, there were a ton more I wanted to learn, but I didn't want to talk during the workout, so it will have to wait. My form imrpoved a lot during Squats, legpress, did boxsquats legcurl and situps with dumbell for the first time. Leg extensions was a real killer, much thanks to Henrik helping me to do extra negatives etc. SLDL was a total mess, I couldn't keep form for 1 sec due to spaghetti legs and perhaps a bit lack of focus. This is easily one of my favourite workouts ever.

omgi
04-27-09, 9:43 am
Trained with Swok.

Deadlifts
Warmup
1x331 lb
1x353 lb (+22 lb)
1x364 lb (+33 lb)
1x375 lb (+44 lb from PR) - PR!
0x386 lb (form sucked hard, only got a few inches of it)
3x331 lb

Barbell rows
9x154 lb (w. small restpaus)
5x176 lb - restpause - 2x154 lb

Dumbbell rows
10x79 lb

Preacher Curls
10x63 lb

Hammer Curls
10x24 lb

----------------------------------
Really nice to train with Swok. Seeing him crush the weights has made me realise how much I can improve my form, and his pointers helped me out a lot with that. I'm really happy with the PR on deads. My goal to reach 400 lb by the end of the summer looks even closer now. My hip took some damage towards the end of the workout, so maybe it is time to make that massage and naprapath visit that I have promised to give myself. I have made quite huge progresses the last few weeks/months (and I'm not planning to stop doing so), so I want to check that I haven't got any shit with my back or hip before I continue to march on.

Swok
04-27-09, 3:58 pm
Good shit, you have alot more to gain in the deads., keep going strong wiht the head bobbing!

omgi
04-27-09, 4:32 pm
Good shit, you have alot more to gain in the deads., keep going strong wiht the head bobbing!

Haha I was nodding in approval to your lift. Thanks for the good workouts.

omgi
04-29-09, 4:52 am
My form in all exercises is now my biggest focus, decreasing injury risk, increasing the results of each exercise by getting better contact. I've increased quite a lot the previous weeks in all exercises, been able to push my body hard on leg and back days. Feeling very sore and worked 7 days a week. I'm considering a new kind of schedule, similair to the one Swok is doing. I'm gonna go down about 44 lbs from my 1 rm in deads and about 22 lbs in squats and focus 100% on form. I'll increase no more than 5-11 lbs a week. It will take some time before I reach my 1 rm PR's, but I'll get a lot better form and probably grind past them without any problem at all. I'll probably do something similair with all the other exercises.

omgi
04-29-09, 4:40 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 79 lb (+5 lb)
6x 79 lb (+5 lb)
4x 79 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
12x 57 lb (+5 lb)

Standing Military press
6x 88 lb
4x 88 lb

Dumbbell side lat
12x 30 lb
10x 35 lb
8x 35 lb

Tricep pushdown DROPSET
12x 130 lb (+9 lb)
5x 120 lb
5x 110 lb
5x 100 lb
5x 90 lb
5x 80 lb

Calf raises (unknown weight)

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 15 leg raises

Dolby
04-29-09, 5:28 pm
keep the good work up omgi bein as your one of the first people who spoke to me on here im keeping tabs on your progress haha! keep up those gains even if ther only minimal they all count! you'll get there in the end!

omgi
04-30-09, 5:23 am
keep the good work up omgi bein as your one of the first people who spoke to me on here im keeping tabs on your progress haha! keep up those gains even if ther only minimal they all count! you'll get there in the end!

Thanks for swinging by. Yeah, I'm not in this for the quick gains.

wedge
04-30-09, 12:56 pm
Just breezed through your journey. Will have to look at it in more detail when I'm not at work.
Looks like you're making good progress. Keep it up.
Congrats on the PR on deads!

omgi
04-30-09, 2:24 pm
Just breezed through your journey. Will have to look at it in more detail when I'm not at work.
Looks like you're making good progress. Keep it up.
Congrats on the PR on deads!

Thanks for stopping by man! I'm really happy with the progress so far.

omgi
05-01-09, 2:47 pm
April 2009 Summary
Weight: 207 lb (+9 lb)
Deadlifts (x1): 375 lb (+110 lb)
Squat (x3): 242 lb
Bench press: -
Standing Overhead Press (x6): 88 lb
Legpress (x6): 595 lb

Goals for May 2009:
* Greatly improve deadlift form
* Greatly improve squat form
* Reach 3x265 lb in squat with good form
* Start doing bench presses
* Reach at least 1x187 lb in bench presses
* Reach 210 lb weight with a little less bf
* Be able to close the Captain of Crush No. 2 again

Firedrake
05-01-09, 2:51 pm
Well, you're certainly putting in the work! Sounds like your goals are solid for the month.

omgi
05-01-09, 5:54 pm
Well, you're certainly putting in the work! Sounds like your goals are solid for the month.

My mind is set! Thanks for taking a peek in here, and keep up the good work!

machineman
05-01-09, 9:14 pm
solid work, omgi.....maybe think about switching deads to another day instead of leg day....

omgi
05-02-09, 1:59 pm
solid work, omgi.....maybe think about switching deads to another day instead of leg day....

You mean the SLDL? Hm I'm gonna try the SLDL a bit earlier instead next time. If it doesn't work we'll have to see.

omgi
05-02-09, 2:16 pm
This is the first real disappointing workout I've had since I started my journey here. Today was a total blackout. I had 20-30 min to do my warmup and routine before the gym closed, which resulted in no rest between exercises or sets. Thats probably why I failed on squat. I thought I would be able to do an intense workout out of that, but it all just turned to
A BIG PILE OF SHIT.

Squat:
6x220 lb
2x242 lb (failed on 3d)
3x220 lb

Boxsquats:
8x132 lb
8x132 lb
0x0- too intense lower back pump

Legpress:
0x0 - too intense lower back pump

SLDL:
0x0 - too intense lower back pump

Lying Legcurl:
10x70 lb
10x70 lb

Situps with dumbell:
20x35 lb + 15 leg raises

Grip: Captains of Crush
3x No. 1.5 (right)
1x No. 1.5 (left)
0x No 2 (right - 0.4 inch left, hold at max, release just before failure)
0x No 2 (left - 1 inch left, hold at max, release just before failure)
39x No. T (right)
17x No. T (left)

Only good thing about this workout was that I felt that I got very deep in a good manner on the squats. I got an INSANE pump in the lower back after 2nd boxsquat set, so I had to skip 3d, couldn't do legpress and had to do some situps to get the pump go down a bit.

Well... I have learned something to day. I will not do a shitty workout like this again. What's done is done. My mind is already set for the next workout.

Dolby
05-02-09, 2:21 pm
Only good thing about this workout was that I felt that I got very deep in a good manner on the squats. I got an INSANE pump in the lower back after 2nd boxsquat set, so I had to skip 3d, couldn't do legpress and had to do some situps to get the pump go down a bit.

Well... I have learned something to day. I will not do a shitty workout like this again. What's done is done. My mind is already set for the next workout.

dont worry omgi, everybody has their moments and everybody has these sort of days, were only human! its where you go from here now that counts! good luck!

omgi
05-04-09, 12:36 pm
I'm doing the new routine now for deadlifts. Starting off quite easy and increasing 5.5 lb each workout, focusing 100% on maintaining a really good form. It will take some time to reach my PR, but I will get great form and decrease the risk of injury. Did something similar on the other exercises as well today, therefore no increase in weight.

Pullups
11 (w. slight restpause on 10)

Deadlifts
Warmup
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb

Barbell rows
10x132 lb
10x176 lb - (w. slight restpause at 8)

Barbell shrugs
8x220 lb
10x198 lb

Dumbbell rows
10x79 lb

Bicep 21s
77 lb

Hammer Curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 16 leg raises

Deadlifts felt heavier than last time. Might be one of the many pieces that didn't fit today: haven't slept or eaten enough for the last couple of days, did some squats that killed my lower back 2 days ago, killed my forearms with CoC, had to start with pullups etc.etc.etc... We'll see next time.

omgi
05-04-09, 12:43 pm
Don't know what the dumbbell rows are doing there, didn't do those. Scratch em...

dont worry omgi, everybody has their moments and everybody has these sort of days, were only human! its where you go from here now that counts! good luck!

Yeah I know what you mean, thanks for the support.

Swok
05-04-09, 1:28 pm
sexuall as ever

Firedrake
05-04-09, 4:08 pm
Sweet back day -- good for you for concentrating on form and execution over ego <grin>.

Looks like you killed it pretty good.

omgi
05-06-09, 3:53 pm
sexuall as ever

o_O

Sweet back day -- good for you for concentrating on form and execution over ego <grin>.

Looks like you killed it pretty good.

Yeah, ego is an enemy that everyone have to beat in order to get anywhere. Lower back was really slaughtered, had to throw in the abdominal exercises just to stretch it out a bit.

omgi
05-06-09, 4:03 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 79 lb
6x 75 lb (+6 lb)
4x 79 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
10x 57 lb

Shoulder Smashdown - no rest between sets!
- Standing Overhead press - 6x 88 lb
- Wide grip upright row - 10x 88 lb + 10x 66 lb
- Dumbbell side lat - 10x 27 lb
- Cable side lat - 10x 10 lb (no wieght, still burnin)

Tricep pushdown DROPSET, no rest between sets!
12x 130 lb
6x 120 lb
6x 110 lb
6x 100 lb
6x 90 lb
6x 80 lb
6x 70 lb

Calf raises
12x 220 lb
15x 220 lb
15x 220 lb

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 15 leg raises

The intensity was there. Took 30-40 min to smash through this, felt really good.

omgi
05-06-09, 4:09 pm
Dumbbell presses
6x 79 lb
6x 75 lb (+6 lb)
4x 79 lb

85 of course, not 75.

Firedrake
05-06-09, 4:25 pm
o_O
Yeah, ego is an enemy that everyone have to beat in order to get anywhere. Lower back was really slaughtered, had to throw in the abdominal exercises just to stretch it out a bit.

Yeah, I'm starting to throw in more ab, glute and lower back work in, just to keep my dime-store spine happy.

omgi
05-06-09, 4:33 pm
Yeah, I'm starting to throw in more ab, glute and lower back work in, just to keep my dime-store spine happy.

Yeah stronger glutes and abs will help your back a lot by stabilizing and doing more of the work. A wise choice sir.

NJC_Manhattan
05-06-09, 4:47 pm
Nice shoulder smashdown... I might have to try that out sometime

omgi
05-07-09, 4:05 am
Nice shoulder smashdown... I might have to try that out sometime

You if anyone would be good at it. You'll get an awesome burn.

omgi
05-08-09, 4:48 pm
No food before workout. Couldn't stomach it. Ate some stuff for breakfast but had to shit 2 times before workout and empty everything. Felt quite nausious and weak. I wasn't going for any numbers today though. Good thing about legs, you can always kill it no matter what. Mind over matter baby.

Form over weights. Starting off easy and increasing 5 lb each week in squat.

Squat (ass to the grass)
3x220 lb
3x220 lb
3x220 lb

Legpress (knees to the shoulders)
15x419 lb
15x419 lb

Boxsquats
8x132 lb
8x176 lb

Leg extensions (ascending set, NO REST BETWEEN SETS!)
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x

Lying Legcurl
12x70 lb
12x80 lb
12x80 lb

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

Grip: Captains of Crush
0x0 - Got a slight rick/sprain in two fingers. Any proper grip training would make it much worse.

Firedrake
05-08-09, 4:51 pm
Good looking work! I know how you feel about stomach issues -- they hit me occasionally, too, and throw off my whole game!

omgi
05-08-09, 4:53 pm
Good looking work! I know how you feel about stomach issues -- they hit me occasionally, too, and throw off my whole game!

Yeah it can be a real bitch. It would be much worse if it were on back day or chest/delt/tri since I need more focus and strength on overhead press, deadlifts and powerclean than legpress for example. Thanks for swinging by.

omgi
05-08-09, 4:55 pm
Funny thing today...
There were these dudes running around like two clowns with a crowd. They loaded on 100 lb more than they would have managed with a real rep in squat - they didn't even hit parallell! It was even funnier to see them in legpress or calf raises. They didn't even do one third of a real legpress, and I don't know what the fuck they did in the raises, they sort of just bobbed around like some frogs. It was good though since I could show the guy I have started to train how you are not supposed to train. The funny thing was that one of their friends remarked on that they didn't do a single whole rep afterwards, which made all hell break loose. One of the clownes took the grand slam price by saying "Yeah well I don't care, try loading on the weights that I do!"
I don't know how I managed to not implode on that remark. Man, what a joke.

machineman
05-08-09, 7:14 pm
Funny thing today...
There were these dudes running around like two clowns with a crowd. They loaded on 100 lb more than they would have managed with a real rep in squat - they didn't even hit parallell! It was even funnier to see them in legpress or calf raises. They didn't even do one third of a real legpress, and I don't know what the fuck they did in the raises, they sort of just bobbed around like some frogs. It was good though since I could show the guy I have started to train how you are not supposed to train. The funny thing was that one of their friends remarked on that they didn't do a single whole rep afterwards, which made all hell break loose. One of the clownes took the grand slam price by saying "Yeah well I don't care, try loading on the weights that I do!"
I don't know how I managed to not implode on that remark. Man, what a joke.

haha...we have some of those types too......I just get the tunes rockin' and close out everything around me.....

solid work as always, bro.....keep bustin' that ass!

omgi
05-09-09, 8:08 am
haha...we have some of those types too......I just get the tunes rockin' and close out everything around me.....

solid work as always, bro.....keep bustin' that ass!

Yeah, maybe I should get one of them mp3 players... Most people look at you as if you are retarded or something whenever you hit ass to the grass squats on my gym. I manage to shut everything out and loose myself in the workout without music though, so I'll manage. Thanks for swinging by.

omgi
05-11-09, 2:20 pm
Deadlifts
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb
1x342 lb

Pullups
10 (w. slight restpause on 8)

Barbell rows
10x176 lb
10x176 lb

Barbell shrugs
10x220 lb
10x198 lb

EZ-bar curls
8x88 lb
8x88 lb
7x88 lb

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

---------------------------
Didn't go up on the deadlifts since last time felt so awkward. Next time I'll begin the 5 lb increase/week.

wedge
05-11-09, 2:31 pm
Yeah, maybe I should get one of them mp3 players... Most people look at you as if you are retarded or something whenever you hit ass to the grass squats on my gym. I manage to shut everything out and loose myself in the workout without music though, so I'll manage. Thanks for swinging by.

MP3 players are great, especially with the "music" selection my gym employs. However, if you're busting ass, you shouldn't even hear the music.

Swok
05-11-09, 2:39 pm
Looking solid! dont bother with mp3 players, they are just in the way and get smashed. besides. when youre in the gym, the music doenst matter.

Firedrake
05-11-09, 8:37 pm
Sweet work!

As for MP3 players -- some days I use mine, some days I don't. I tend not to on leg day because it gets in the way moving from machine to machine.

omgi
05-14-09, 6:20 am
Dumbbell presses
4x 85 lb (+6 lb)
4x 85 lb
3x 85 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
11x 57 lb (small restpause on 9)

Standing Overhead press
10x 66 lb
6x 77 lb
8x 66 lb

Wide grip upright row
10x 88 lb
10x 77 lb

Cable side lat
10x 30 lb

Dips

12x 110 lb
6x 120 lb
6x 110 lb
6x 100 lb
6x 90 lb

Calf raises
15x 220 lb
15x 220 lb
15x 220 lb

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

------------------------
Next week, Im looking to get 4 reps out on the 90 lb dumbbells. It was a bit more shoulders than chest this time. I had a good feeling in the chest though, but I might add a bit more exercises next time. We'll see...

Swok
05-14-09, 6:43 pm
i can see that the numbers of excercises are growing.

wedge
05-14-09, 6:58 pm
I see you're running chest/shoulders. I am as well and finding it working rather good. How's it going for you?

Firedrake
05-14-09, 7:39 pm
Good, solid work -- and your pressdowns have me WAAAY beat!

Good stuff -- your shoulders must be telling you alllll about it!

omgi
05-15-09, 6:35 am
i can see that the numbers of excercises are growing.

Erhhm, yes... I know I was supposed to do fewer but hit them heavier with greater intensity. I'm experimenting for the time being.

I see you're running chest/shoulders. I am as well and finding it working rather good. How's it going for you?

I have done that for over a year now with good results. When I train chest, shoulders and tri's get hit secondary and vice versa. I can't push as much in shoulders when I begin with chest, and my triceps/arms are really pre-exhausted after chest and shoulders. But this way I can really work those areas hard and let them rest for a week.

Good, solid work -- and your pressdowns have me WAAAY beat!

Good stuff -- your shoulders must be telling you alllll about it!

Yeah I have always enjoyed training shoulders. I love the burn and find it easy to gain mass aroud that area.

Thanks for swinging by.

Dolby
05-15-09, 6:43 am
I have done that for over a year now with good results. When I train chest, shoulders and tri's get hit secondary and vice versa. I can't push as much in shoulders when I begin with chest, and my triceps/arms are really pre-exhausted after chest and shoulders. But this way I can really work those areas hard and let them rest for a week.

good work bro! and nice thinkin there! keep poundin away!

omgi
05-15-09, 3:35 pm
So, the +6 lb/week squats has started. Focus is on form and keeping that ass close to that grass.

Squat
3x226 lb (+6 lb)
3x226 lb
3x226 lb

15x419 lb
15x419 lb (restpause on 12)

Lying Legcurl
12x70 lb
12x80 lb
12x70 lb

Boxsquats
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Leg extensions (ascending set, just a couple of breaths between sets)
8x (started +10 lb higher)
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

------------------------
I'm not too happy about this workout. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't as focused and pumped as I had hoped. Perhaps it's because I've been spilling brain on paper the entire day and haven't eaten the way I should. Don't know.

By the time I was done with the lying curls, I got such an intense pump and ache in my lower back that I just wanted to lie on the floor and squeal. Did a little abdominal workout, and it helped some. Not enough to make me able to push it in the boxsquats though.

BeastCook
05-16-09, 6:53 pm
So, the +6 lb/week squats has started. Focus is on form and keeping that ass close to that grass.

Squat
3x226 lb (+6 lb)
3x226 lb
3x226 lb

15x419 lb
15x419 lb (restpause on 12)

Lying Legcurl
12x70 lb
12x80 lb
12x70 lb

Boxsquats
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Leg extensions (ascending set, just a couple of breaths between sets)
8x (started +10 lb higher)
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x

Situps with dumbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

------------------------
I'm not too happy about this workout. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't as focused and pumped as I had hoped. Perhaps it's because I've been spilling brain on paper the entire day and haven't eaten the way I should. Don't know.

By the time I was done with the lying curls, I got such an intense pump and ache in my lower back that I just wanted to lie on the floor and squeal. Did a little abdominal workout, and it helped some. Not enough to make me able to push it in the boxsquats though.

heavy numbers right there!

omgi
05-18-09, 11:13 am
So, the +5-6 lb/week deads has started. Focus is on form.

Deadlifts
1x347 lb (+5 lb)
1x347 lb
1x347 lb
1x347 lb
1x347 lb

Pullups
10 (restpause on 8 and 9)

Barbell rows
9x187 lb (+11 lb)
10x187 lb (restpause on 8)

Barbell shrugs
10x198 lb
10x198 lb

Bicep 21s
77 lb

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

-------------
Deads felt very heavy. Might be the problems I've had with my diet and stomach the last few weeks that has drained me of my strength and concentration. I have a hard time keeping the food I eat. Rows where far from perfect form, but I felt something needed to happen here, so I sacrificed some form for higher weight. Hopefully, it will pay off.

omgi
05-18-09, 11:15 am
heavy numbers right there!

good work bro! and nice thinkin there! keep poundin away!

I will, thanks for swinging by.

Dolby
05-18-09, 11:56 am
So, the +5-6 lb/week deads has started. Focus is on form.

Deadlifts
1x347 lb (+5 lb)
1x347 lb
1x347 lb
1x347 lb
1x347 lb

Pullups
10 (restpause on 8 and 9)

Barbell rows
9x187 lb (+11 lb)
10x187 lb (restpause on 8)

Barbell shrugs
10x198 lb
10x198 lb

Bicep 21s
77 lb

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

-------------
Deads felt very heavy. Might be the problems I've had with my diet and stomach the last few weeks that has drained me of my strength and concentration. I have a hard time keeping the food I eat. Rows where far from perfect form, but I felt something needed to happen here, so I sacrificed some form for higher weight. Hopefully, it will pay off.

deadlift and bicep 21's in the same day, there some high quality exercises there! love it haha, keep up the good work bro!

NJC_Manhattan
05-18-09, 3:43 pm
Nice work man. Keep it up

wedge
05-20-09, 3:20 pm
Keeping with our conversation on chest/shoulders, I've found it best to play little games with things like the strict press. You can't do as much weight, so try repping out. Two weeks ago I decided to go for 10 sets of 10 reps. Shit got heavy fast, but the pump was amazing. Felt like i was wearing shoulder pads for a few days.
Keep up the good work in here.

addicted_to_iron
05-20-09, 9:51 pm
Been reading a couple of pages here. So whats the plan? :)
How long are u gonna concentrate on form?
I sometimes do sets with focus on form but i always do all sets to failure.
Ah well, the exception is squats and benchpress when i lowrep.
Try to go as near as fail as i can but not all out. To high risk for a injury without a powerrack to use.

omgi
05-21-09, 5:23 am
deadlift and bicep 21's in the same day, there some high quality exercises there! love it haha, keep up the good work bro!

Yeah I love em too! Funny thing when doing the 21's is all the people looking at you thinking "hm, you are only doing half of the movement".

Nice work man. Keep it up

Thanks, I will!

Keeping with our conversation on chest/shoulders, I've found it best to play little games with things like the strict press. You can't do as much weight, so try repping out. Two weeks ago I decided to go for 10 sets of 10 reps. Shit got heavy fast, but the pump was amazing. Felt like i was wearing shoulder pads for a few days.
Keep up the good work in here.

Woah thats some heavy volume. Maybe I'll try something crazy like that when I'm switching this routine. Yeah I found that repping out helped me progress, see my latest gain on that exercise.

Been reading a couple of pages here. So whats the plan? :)
How long are u gonna concentrate on form?
I sometimes do sets with focus on form but i always do all sets to failure.
Ah well, the exception is squats and benchpress when i lowrep.
Try to go as near as fail as i can but not all out. To high risk for a injury without a powerrack to use.

Thanks for swinging by. I used to do quite high volume - many exercises, many sets, many reps. I got quite good gains from it but some of my joints got hurt. Now Im trying few exercises, preferably compounds, low sets, low rep but high intensity and heavier weight. Im trying this for about 8 weeks or something like that. I feel that I have made some really good gains with it.
Focus on form is first of all to improve my squat and deadlift form, and Im quite happy with that now, but also to get a better contacat in some exercises. More focus on form might not let you go as heavy in weight, but it will enable you to squeeze more out of the movements.

omgi
05-21-09, 5:33 am
Dumbbell presses
3x 90 lb (+5 lb)
3x 90 lb (+5 lb)
3x 85 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
12x 57 lb (restpause on 10)

Standing Overhead press
10x 88 lb (+4 rep over PR)
8x 88 lb (+2 rep)

Wide grip upright row
10x 88 lb
10x 77 lb

Cable side lat
5x 40 lb (+10 lb)
8x 20 lb

Dips

12x 110 lb
6x 120 lb
6x 110 lb
6x 100 lb
6x 90 lb
6x 80 lb
6x 70 lb
6x 60 lb

Calf raises
15x 220 lb
15x 220 lb
15x 220 lb

--------------------
Damn! I was so close on reaching the 4 reps on the presses. The slightest push of a spotter! Ah well, reached 90 lb dumbbells at least, a goal for some time now. Also reached the 12 reps on 57 after that.
Standing overhead press was where stuff really happened. Smashed the plateau and blew past my PR with 4 reps. It felt so easy! Im considering increasing 5-6 lb per week in that exercise now, and see how long I can continue with the same amount of reps.
Tricep where burning like coal on a freight-train after the dropset. That where some good stuff.

machineman
05-21-09, 6:10 am
you are putting in some solid work, bro.....keep pounding away!

addicted_to_iron
05-21-09, 9:02 am
Nice youre getting the gains :)
A couple of years ago i always did high volume, dropsets, supersets, negative reps, forced reps. I had a training partner so we whipped each other each session.
Many of those training sessions was 2-3 hours long. lol

Well as u replied to me the joints can take some damage and also tendons and ligaments.
Much of my injuries are because of overtraining and being to stubborn to listen to the body.
Well after i broke up with my gf 3 years ago i had my most fanatic period.
I trained as real freak and i made my goal to reach as much pain as possible.
When i got hurt i just ate some heavy pain medication so i could sleep at night. lol
Well... that period had its purpose in my life so i theres no idea in regretting anything even if i have to be a lot more careful nowadays and pay close attention to when my tendons in the arms or my left pec gets to irritated.

What have u tried as regarding to different splits and training methods?

omgi
05-21-09, 1:29 pm
you are putting in some solid work, bro.....keep pounding away!

Thanks, and I will!

Nice youre getting the gains :)
A couple of years ago i always did high volume, dropsets, supersets, negative reps, forced reps. I had a training partner so we whipped each other each session.
Many of those training sessions was 2-3 hours long. lol

Yeah I'd really love to have a training partner that can push you. It will boost your training soooo much. I'm experimenting some now btw, thats why there are some 10-rep sets there.

Well as u replied to me the joints can take some damage and also tendons and ligaments.
Much of my injuries are because of overtraining and being to stubborn to listen to the body.
Well after i broke up with my gf 3 years ago i had my most fanatic period.
I trained as real freak and i made my goal to reach as much pain as possible.
When i got hurt i just ate some heavy pain medication so i could sleep at night. lol
Well... that period had its purpose in my life so i theres no idea in regretting anything even if i have to be a lot more careful nowadays and pay close attention to when my tendons in the arms or my left pec gets to irritated.

Yeah, thats the fine line you have to walk when training seriously. With great gains comes great risk of injury. You have to blow past the painbarrier and ignore your body many times if you are to get everything out of it. I have begun to listen more closely to some signals than others. I had an injury in my wrists/forearms that haunted me for half a year. I had to take 1-2 months off ALL training to get rid of it. It returns when I push it or act careless in some exercise. The worst injury though was a combination between a rotation of my spine/hip and some sort of strain/tear in the gluteus medius/tensor fascae latae. It haunted me almost the entire last year. I went many sessions to a naprapath which helped, but not enough. I couldn't deadlift, row, squat or do any of the heavier exercises.

What have u tried as regarding to different splits and training methods?
This was my first split when I began my serious gymtraining:

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Chest, biceps
Thursday - Back, calves
Friday/Saturday - Shoulders, tricep
(abs on all days)

I did extreme gains (but I guess most of them where "beginner-gains"), but got very worn out in my joints and tendons. I switched to this after that:

Monday - Legs
Tuseday - Chest, shoulders, tricep
Friday/Saturday - Back, bicep, calves
(abs on all days)

Now I'm on this one:

Monday - Back, bicep, abs
Wednesday - Chest, shoulder, tricep, calves
Friday - Legs, abs

Im thinking about doing this during the summer:
Day 1 - Back, bicep, abs
Day 2 - Off
Day 3 - Off
Day 4 - Chest, shoulder, tricep, calves
Day 5 - Off
Day 6 - Off
Day 7 - Legs
Day 8 - Off
Day 9 - Off

Firedrake
05-21-09, 6:14 pm
That looks like an interesting split -- I take it you're on a quest for more mass?

omgi
05-21-09, 7:46 pm
That looks like an interesting split -- I take it you're on a quest for more mass?

Well, I'm pulled back and forth between mass and strength. I just wanna increas both as much as possible at the moment. If I where to choose, I'd choose strength. But that would mean higher risk of injury etc, which Im not that happy about. I'm gonna straighten out my current routine atleast and go back to the way it was supposed to be when swok helped me form it (less sets and reps than my latest logs). I'm gonna go for that routine for a couple of weeks, and then we'll see what I'll change to towards the middle of summer.
Thanks for swinging by!

addicted_to_iron
05-21-09, 8:12 pm
Well i dont know if my type of training would be suitable for you but i would probably consider it as powerbuilding.
Why choose between strenght and size when you can try to get them both? :)
If you want i can write down a more detailed example of a training schedule.

omgi
05-22-09, 6:28 am
Well i dont know if my type of training would be suitable for you but i would probably consider it as powerbuilding.
Why choose between strenght and size when you can try to get them both? :)
If you want i can write down a more detailed example of a training schedule.

I'm quite happy with the one Swok made for me, but it doesn't hurt to see your schedule!

omgi
05-22-09, 11:48 am
Squat (ass to the grass)
3x231 lb (+5 lb)
3x231 lb
3x231 lb

Boxsquats (very controlled on the way down, explosive on the way up)
8x187 lb (+11 lb)
8x187 lb
8x187 lb

6x600 lb (f... PR)

Lying Legcurl
12x80 lb
12x90 lb (+10 lb)
12x90 lb

Situps with dumbell
16x41 lb + 20 leg raises (+6 lb)

-------------
Squat felt easy, as did boxsquat. Was supposed to do the legpress before the boxsquats though. That might be the reason as to why I failed and didn't reach 8 reps on 600 lb (still got a PR). I was just an inch from the second safety level, so I had to go down to the lowest safety level when locking the legpress, making me look like a sandwich. Didn't matter though as I go that deep on all my reps. Only frustrating thing was to have to unrack the whole damn thing. I will make the 8 reps on 600 lb next week, no doubt about it.

machineman
05-22-09, 12:12 pm
Squat (ass to the grass)
3x231 lb (+5 lb)
3x231 lb
3x231 lb

8x187 lb (+11 lb)
8x187 lb
8x187 lb

6x600 lb (f... PR)

Lying Legcurl
12x80 lb
12x90 lb (+10 lb)
12x90 lb

Situps with dumbell

-------------
Squat felt easy, as did boxsquat. Was supposed to do the legpress before the boxsquats though. That might be the reason as to why I failed and didn't reach 8 reps on 600 lb (still got a PR). I was just an inch from the second safety level, so I had to go down to the lowest safety level when locking the legpress, making me look like a sandwich. Didn't matter though as I go that deep on all my reps. Only frustrating thing was to have to unrack the whole damn thing. I will make the 8 reps on 600 lb next week, no doubt about it.

good looking workout, bro....keep on pushing it!

Dolby
05-22-09, 12:15 pm
Squat (ass to the grass)
3x231 lb (+5 lb)
3x231 lb
3x231 lb

8x187 lb (+11 lb)
8x187 lb
8x187 lb

6x600 lb (f... PR)

Lying Legcurl
12x80 lb
12x90 lb (+10 lb)
12x90 lb

Situps with dumbell

-------------

good stuff! keep poudin away, set up luks similar to myn sort of!

addicted_to_iron
05-22-09, 8:04 pm
I'm quite happy with the one Swok made for me, but it doesn't hurt to see your schedule!

Well it was just a suggestion if u would be interesting in trying something new.
My type of training will show itself in my journey anyway :)
If someone asks me to write down a training schedule ill do it but for my own part i dont follow a fixed schedule. The basics are the same but i mix it up from session to session.

omgi
05-22-09, 8:49 pm
Well it was just a suggestion if u would be interesting in trying something new.
My type of training will show itself in my journey anyway :)
If someone asks me to write down a training schedule ill do it but for my own part i dont follow a fixed schedule. The basics are the same but i mix it up from session to session.

Yeah. I try to follow the same routine for around 8-10 weeks, or longer if I get really good gains from it. I try to keep it very strict besides swapping exercises every now and then, as I feel that prevents plateaus very good.
I wanna see the example you talked about :D

good stuff! keep poudin away, set up luks similar to myn sort of!

Yeah I saw that in your journey, good stuff!

good looking workout, bro....keep on pushing it!

Thanks!

addicted_to_iron
05-23-09, 9:50 am
Well if i had a training partner my program would probably look something like this right now.

Day 1 : pecs, lats

Benchpresses : Start out heavy. Two sets with a rep range between 3-6 rep.
Two set of explosive presses. With that i mean that when u have lowered the bar to the chest u count to three or let a training partner shout or clap their hands after 3-4 seconds and on that signal you explode the weight up. I would prefer the latter alternative because then you arent prepared in the same way and have to wait for the signal.

Ordinary or inclined db presses 2-3 sets. pyramid. 12-20 reps, 8-12 reps, 6-10 reps

Flyes 2-3 sets. First set 12-15 reps, second to third set 6-10 reps

Cablecrossover with one dropset then headover to the smith machine for decline or incline presses 1 set, finish with negative reps, drop the weight and do a cuple of rest-pause reps, finish with 2-3 forced reps and then negative reps. 3-4 rounds of this circuit.

One arm db rows(If the dumbells are heavy enough) two lowrep sets, one high rep

Barbell rows. 12-20 reps, 6-10 reps and then 3-6 reps really heavy with a bit of cheating.

Pulldowns. 3 sets widegrip, 3 sets reversed grip. Dropsets on every set.

Machinerows. Preferably with a "free weight machine". Hammerstrenghts or any similar.
4 stripssets. Add weight for the first set each time. Well like a pyramid with dropping the weight 2-3 times.

Pullovers 3 sets pyramid. high to lowrep.

machine pullovers. Lower motionrange of the exercise three single highrep sets

Day 2 : Lower back, Hamstrings and abs

Deadlift 2 lowrep sets, 1 highrep

Deep deadlifts. Standing on a couple of plates with the barbell starting at your toes.
2 sets 8-12 reps, 4-8 reps. Good for hamstrings.

Stiff legged deadlifts. With straight knees, not slightly bent. 4 highrep sets.

Good mornings 2-3 sets medium rep range.

Eventually 2 dropsets of hyperextensions

Legcurl with a dumbell 3 sets

Lying legcurl 3 dropsets finish with negative reps

Seated legcurl 3 dropsets finish with negative reps

Day 3 : Shoulders, Trapz and Calves

Dumbell presses 4-10 reps two sets and 1-2 highrep sets

One arm db side raises pyramid 12-20 reps, 8-12, 4-8

Alternate db front raises same method as the side raises

Upright bb rows same method again

Machinepresses 3-4 pyramid sets with dropsets and a finish of negative reps

Unilateral onearm cable raises, front cable raises. Well some cable work with a finish of negative reps on each.

Dont know what this excercises is called in english but a rear delt excercise in the smith machine where o lift the bar up behind your back. 4 pyramid dropsets

Maybe some rotator cuff exc. too

On to Trapz

Barbell schrugs 2 sets of 4-8 reps, 1 highrep set

Behind the back bb schrugs 3 pyramid sets

Upright close grip rows in cable 3 pyramid dropsets

Db schrugs 3 sets down the rack

Reversed pec deck. And yes o do this one for the trapz. Middle-lower area.
4 pyramid sets

Reversed cable flyes on the knees 4 pyramid sets

Standing upright high rows 4 pyramid drop or stripsets

Calves

One legged db raises if the dumbells are heavy enough 4 sets

Standing raises 4 pyramid stripsets

Seated rases 4 pyramid stripsets

I could write down the rest of it if you want but i think you get my basic principles of how i would do it? This requires someone who can spot you and that you are free from injuries.

Dolby
05-27-09, 8:43 pm
omgi, where you been hiding bro?

omgi
05-29-09, 8:14 am
addicted_to_iron: Thanks for taking the time writing down the routine. It seems like an interesting approach. I'm gonna analyse it some and see if I can make good use of it.

omgi, where you been hiding bro?

Been marching for almost 4-5 months without a break and got huge gains. I've started to feel very sore in my back, knees, joints and tendons the last period. Was supposed to take a break in 2 weeks, but I did it this week instead due to pain in my knees (had deadlifts on the schedule, didn't want to risk anything) and due to studies. Im writing my exam on monday, and after that I'm completely free.

Thanks for stopping by.

Dolby
05-29-09, 10:27 am
Been marching for almost 4-5 months without a break and got huge gains. I've started to feel very sore in my back, knees, joints and tendons the last period. Was supposed to take a break in 2 weeks, but I did it this week instead due to pain in my knees (had deadlifts on the schedule, didn't want to risk anything) and due to studies. Im writing my exam on monday, and after that I'm completely free.

Thanks for stopping by.

i see! and yeah i was in similar situation so can relate, good to see you back to it tho bro..
all the best in future weeks and sessions to come!

omgi
06-03-09, 6:00 pm
Birthday Berzerk! Finally, I got back to my intended schedule - strength!

Deadlifts
1x353 lb (+6 lb) - PR for singles
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb

Pullups (much slower than before, more squeeze)
7 + 2

Barbell rows
8x198 lb (+11 lb) - PR

Barbell shrugs
8x242 lb (+22 lb) - PR

Bicep 21s
88 lb (+11 lb) - PR

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises (+ 4 reps) - PR

----------------------
How's that for a birthday? No birthday without PR's!
No cake for me. I threw in an extra meal consisting of pizza to "celebrate". Will eat tasteless chicken and rice without any sauce to celebrate further...

Deads felt really easy until the 3d rep. Guess I let my guard down. 4 and 5 went easier though.
Rows felt great - I didn't use momentum or cheat, all good squeeze reps.
Shrugs - had to rack and regrip on 6th rep since grip failed.
Bicep 21s - decided to push through some limits and break som records here, so I used a bit of cheating to get all the 21 out. Had to restpause on the last reps.
Damn Im mad at myself for throwing in the extra hammer curl set... I was supposed to go for strength, not volume. It looks so fucking stupid when comparing numbers of sets with back.

Dolby
06-03-09, 6:24 pm
Birthday Berzerk! Finally, I got back to my intended schedule - strength!

Deadlifts
1x353 lb (+6 lb) - PR for singles
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb

7 + 2

Barbell rows
8x198 lb (+11 lb) - PR

Barbell shrugs
8x242 lb (+22 lb) - PR

Bicep 21s
88 lb (+11 lb) - PR

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises (+ 4 reps) - PR

----------------------
How's that for a birthday? No birthday without PR's!
No cake for me. I threw in an extra meal consisting of pizza to "celebrate". Will eat tasteless chicken and rice without any sauce to celebrate further...

Deads felt really easy until the 3d rep. Guess I let my guard down. 4 and 5 went easier though.
Rows felt great - I didn't use momentum or cheat, all good squeeze reps.
Shrugs - had to rack and regrip on 6th rep since grip failed.
Bicep 21s - decided to push through some limits and break som records here, so I used a bit of cheating to get all the 21 out. Had to restpause on the last reps.
Damn Im mad at myself for throwing in the extra hammer curl set... I was supposed to go for strength, not volume. It looks so fucking stupid when comparing numbers of sets with back.

happy birthday! haha...
good stuff goin down..wel should say up, especially deads!

omgi
06-05-09, 6:54 am
happy birthday! haha...
good stuff goin down..wel should say up, especially deads!

Thanks man!
Yeah Im working on it, increasing 5 lb's a week. I'll hopefully be able to reach 5 singles on 400 without any bigger setbacks.
I don't spend much time here on the forum at the moment, but I'll check out your journey later.

omgi
06-24-09, 8:33 am
Haven't been around for some while. Had a weeks rest from the training as I wrote earlier. That was followed by a week with hospital visit, which rendered it useless/harmfull to train for 5 days since I wasn't allowed to eat/drink other than water for 26 hours. After that came over a week of travelling. Unfortunatley, I will do some travelling every now and then for the rest of the summer, but I'll try my best to not let that get in the way of the iron.

Anyway, now starts the new chapter! I will throw myself into the cage later today and destroy chest, shoulder, tricep, calves and abs. I will go with this schedule for 4 weeks, and then take it from there:

* Increase 5-6 lb each time in Deadlifts, Squats, Barbell row, Standing barbell militarypress etc.
* Focus on form and increasing strength

Monday - Back, bicep, abs
Deadlifts: 5x1
Pull ups: 1 set til fail
Barbell rows: 2x8
Bicep 21s: 1 set or Preacher Curl: 1x12 + 10 hammercurl
Weighted situps: 1x20 + 20 leg raises

Wednesday - Chest, shoulders, tricep, calves
Barbell Bench Press: 3x4 or Dumbbell presses: 3x4
Incline dumbbell presses: 2x8
Standing presses: 2x8
Upright barbell rows: 2x8
Cable push ss with overhead cable (10,8 - 8,8 - 6,6)
Calf raises: 3x12

Friday - Legs, abs
Squats: 3x3
Leg presses: 1x8
Box squats: 3x8
Lying legcurl: 3x12
Weighted situps: 1x20 + 20 leg raises

Goals - increase from:
353 lb to 375 lb in deadlifts (5x1)
231 lb to 253 lb in squats (3x3)
198 lb to 220lb in barbell rows (1x8)
88 lb to 110 lb in standing military press (2x8)

omgi
06-24-09, 3:53 pm
Today was... a big pile of shit to be honest. I was so furious it would have helped me reach PR in every fucking exercise - where it not for my extremely poor endurance and strength. First 2 reps on the 90 lb dumbbells felt so easy I thought I was gonna hit 6 reps without problem... until it got a bit wide on the 3d and everything went out the window. Well, that's what you get for 3 weeks off with shit that ruins your training.
End of rant. Postpone the goals I wrote. New goal is to get the fuck back on track. I will aim for 4500 kcal a day, bringing back my 1500 kcal breakfast to kickstart the whole mess. I don't care how I look anyway since I'm on fairly good bf atm, I just want the little strength I had back.

Dumbbell presses
2x 90 lb - fail on 3d
3x 85 lb - fail on 4th
4x 79 lb - fail on 5th

Incline Dumbbell presses
7x 57 lb - fail on 8th w. restpause
8x 52 lb - 2 restpauses

Standing Overhead barbell press
5x 88 lb - fail on 6th
5x 88 lb - fail on 6th

Upright barbell row
8x 77 lb
8x 77 lb

Tricep pushdown / Overhead cable - SUPERSET, NO REST!
10 / 8x 77 lb
8 / 8x 66 lb
6 / 6x 55 lb

Calf raises (unknown weight)

Decline situps

omgi
06-27-09, 2:51 pm
Squat (ass to the grass)
3x220 lb
3x220 lb
6x220 lb

8x573 lb

8x132 lb
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Lying Legcurl
Had to run to the bathroom and PUKE a couple of times (an indication of good intensity)

Abs

-----------------------
Weights were lowered since it's been almost a month since I did legs last. I'm quite happy about how easy it felt, especially since I'd been walking arount 45 min to find the damn gym. It didn't help that it was burning hot and that part of the town is on a fucking mountain, I'm not shitting you. I'm really happy that I didn't eat anything just before workout and went for a gainer instead. It was almost only water that I puked. Still a waste though...

wedge
06-29-09, 3:53 pm
Looks like you're putting the work in here omgi. Don't let the last chest session keep you down. Learn from it and use it as fuel. You got this!

omgi
06-30-09, 4:53 pm
Looks like you're putting the work in here omgi. Don't let the last chest session keep you down. Learn from it and use it as fuel. You got this!

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I used it as fuel in the gym and to set out a strict diet schedule - no less than 4500 kcal a day. Kinda tired now, just trained back and eaten, can't really write at the moment.

C.Coronato
06-30-09, 4:56 pm
Looking good in here brother. Keep pushing.

omgi
06-30-09, 5:00 pm
Deadlifts
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb

Barbell rows
8x198 lb
8x198 lb

Preacher curl (ez bar)
12x66 lb

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Decline situps with dumbbell
12x41 lb

---------------
I was really happy that I haven't lost any strength here - in fact I felt a bit stronger. Deadlifts was a bit easier, and I pulled out 2 sets of 8 reps with 198 lb in barbell rows without restpauses (slow and squeeze, no lunging or cheating). My legs started shaking like virgin Mary catching her first glimpse of Frank McGrath during the second set, must have looked like a cripple. Following this routine in the hope of gaining much strength the coming months.

omgi
06-30-09, 5:11 pm
Going out hiking on some mountainsides for 2-3 days up ahead now, and I'll travel some after that to get to my parents (staying there for a week and working). I'll hopefully be able to train next week as usual though: monday, wednesday and fridag.

Looking good in here brother. Keep pushing.

Thanks for stopping by, and I will!

omgi
07-05-09, 4:01 pm
Hiking/Marching: 20 miles (32 km) - rough terrain

It was a good workout considering the heat and it being the first time I go out marching (never went to the army due to their "cutdowns"). It wasn't the best workout for building a lot of muscle, but I see it as a good way of getting hardened both in muscles and in mind.

Image - Day 1 (http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8584/day1avm.jpg)
Looks like a normal hillside in the background, but it's actually a ~60 ft drop.

omgi
07-05-09, 4:07 pm
Hiking/Marching: 13 miles (21 km) - mountainside/rough terrain

Second day got a lot tougher, and we knew it would so we decided to go a bit shorter. Feet were pounding right from the start, as were the shoulders. I must say that back and shoulders get a real workdown from carrying a shity backpack.

Half a mile of the start of the stage looked like this:
Image - Day 2 (http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4648/day2c.jpg)

Nice view + bad camera:
Image - Day 2 view (http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8860/day2view.jpg)

omgi
07-05-09, 4:11 pm
Dumbbell presses
2x 88 lb
3x 83 lb
3x 77 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
8x 55 lb
8x 55 lb - w. restpauses

5x 88 lb
5x 88 lb

Dumbbell side laterals
12x33 lb
12x33 lb

10 / 8x 77 lb
8 / 8x 77 lb
6 / 6x 66 lb

Powercleans

Ended with some powercleans since I wasn't too happy with the rest of the training. Have wanted to try it out for some time now, so I did 3 sets of 5 on different weights.

Swok
07-05-09, 5:41 pm
awesome!
you are keeping at it!

power cleans are really good, but they are also quite esy to get injured on, so take it extra notice of form when doing them.

omgi
07-08-09, 11:46 am
Squat (ass to the grass)
6x220 lb
6x220 lb
6x220 lb

Laying Legcurl

Boxsquats
8x132 lb
8x176 lb
8x176 lb

Legpress
0 - knee's gave out

Decline situps

------------------
Been having some problems with my back, and therefore I will postpone fridays training to monday. I suspect that it's mainly because I'm at my parents and sleeping in my old bed. Can't sleep how I use to in my own bed without having to take painkillers. It made it's appearance as I went through my routine. Was in the gym at my work, and it isn't that good. Their legpress is a piece of crap. I did my warmup, loaded the weights and started pushing when all of a sudden it felt like someone stabbed me in my knees. Had to stop the workout, and I'm really afraid that it will cause serious problems as I have started to have a bad feeling in the knees for some time now.

There are some positive news though. I've got a lot of feedback from people that I haven't met in 1-2 years, now that I'm visiting my parents, and everyone is telling me how much I've grown. I can't see it myself, but the scale tells me I weigh 216 lb (ok bf), and that's close to my goal for september: 220 lb. Maybe I could go for the 240 to next summer, that would be awesome.

omgi
07-13-09, 5:14 pm
Deadlifts (no straps/belt, only chalk)
1x364 lb (+11 lb) PR! for 5 consec. singles
1x364 lb
1x364 lb
1x364 lb
1x364 lb

Pullups

Barbell rows
9x209 lb (+11 lb) PR!
7x198 lb

Preacher curl (ez bar)
12x66 lb

Hammer curls
10x24 lb + 3 halves

Decline situps

----------
Knees still feeling bad and back got a real workdown. Don't know if I can squat or legpress this week, we'll have to see about that on friday.

Firedrake
07-13-09, 5:18 pm
Take care of the knees, bro -- you need 'em. Great DLs, and some nice squatting in there!

omgi
07-13-09, 5:21 pm
Take care of the knees, bro -- you need 'em. Great DLs, and some nice squatting in there!

Hey there Drake! Long time no see! I'm not too fond about them squats. Haven't been anywhere near my PR in squats for some time, but it will come. I atleast got some yellow colors to greet you. Thanks for swinging by!

Firedrake
07-13-09, 5:21 pm
Bob? I'm Jim. <grin>

Firedrake
07-13-09, 5:26 pm
Wait -- I thought that said "Bob" the first time. . . did you edit it?

omgi
07-13-09, 5:37 pm
Wait -- I thought that said "Bob" the first time. . . did you edit it?

Hhahaa damn I thought I was quick to edit that, don't know why I typed Bob. Maybe it's because I was talking to a bob on msn messenger, or maybe it's just because I'm a damn vegetable after the back session. Sorry, Jim!

wedge
07-13-09, 7:56 pm
PRs looking good. Just watch those knees. You don't want to injure those. They can be a bitch.

omgi
07-14-09, 7:24 am
PRs looking good. Just watch those knees. You don't want to injure those. They can be a bitch.

Thanks wedge! Yeah, I'm gonna rest on next legday. Don't wanna fuck up my knees, and back feels totally obliterated.

Never thought I'd be able to exhaust my body like this with so few sets and reps. High intensity and "heavy" weights certainly help at that.

omgi
07-22-09, 2:07 pm
Dumbbell presses
4x 85 lb
4x 85 lb
2x 85 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
12x 57 lb (w. restpause)

7x 88 lb
7x 88 lb (restpause)

Upright barbell row
10x 77 lb
10x 77 lb (restpause)

10 / 8x 77 lb
8 / 8x 66 lb
6 / 6x 55 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x 41 lb

wedge
07-23-09, 9:39 am
How's the knees doing?

omgi
07-31-09, 6:51 pm
How's the knees doing?

They are just fine, thanks for asking! Have some squats, legpresses, boxsquats, laying curls and lunges in store for friday. Will be "fun"!

omgi
07-31-09, 6:55 pm
I've been 1 week over at swok's and his parents place. The "gym" (if you are allowed to call it that) didn't have much to offer, but we made the best of it. Had to powerclean the weights up and give them to swok before the squats since there were no rack. Unsure about the weights.

Squats

Weighted Lunges
2 sets - back and forth across a parking lot.

Abs

omgi
07-31-09, 6:58 pm
Couldn't load more than 234 lb on to the bar, but that was enough to give a really good pump in the lower back in 3x12 since the bar was so low, about 4 inches lower than a regular bar.

"Deep" deadlifts
12x 234 lb - maxed out bar :(
12x 234 lb
12x 234 lb

Barbell rows
12x 145 lb
12x 145 lb

Barbell curls
10x 66 lb

omgi
07-31-09, 7:14 pm
Trained with swok again. Uncertain about the weights.

Barbell bench press

Incline dumbbell press

Upright barbell row

Dumbbell side laterals

Tricep press

Tricep dumbbell extension / neutral dumbbell press - superset
10 / 8

-------
Seriously, that "gym" is the most hardcore shit I've ever seen. It's basically a really small boiler room in a cellar with cracked cement floor with water damages, moldy ceiling and walls that make your throat all rusted up in seconds since there is no air to get a hold of. To top it of, dead bats in spider webs in the ceiling among the pipes. Well, I need to keep Big Al's words in mind: http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=livin&ID=371
You do what you gotta do, and I admire people who have to train under these conditions at all times.

omgi
07-31-09, 7:37 pm
Many updates in one short amount of time. As I wrote earlier, I've been away for a week without internet. Was out on the country at swok's parents place. Really enjoyed it since I miss and grew up out on the country. We had a really good time chugging down meals, making the best of the training with the poor equipment, painting a barn, building a sauna, playing video games and just hanging out.

I managed to blow past my september goal - 220 lb bodyweight. I now weigh 227 lb! I'm sure I will reach the 400 lb deads this autumn. I'm only 1-2 weeks away from my 1 rm (374 lb) with my current deadlift schedule (5 singles, 5-6 lb increase/week). I am putting down a lot of effort on the barbell rows too as I find it to be a really good exercise for increasing strength for me. I have some insane leg routines lined up ahead of me now too, since my knees feel good again: 3x3 squat, 1x8 legpress, 3x8 boxsquat, 3x12 laying leg curl and ending with barbell lunges til' I drop.

BigAnt
07-31-09, 8:28 pm
Ran through your journey, seeing tons of hard work and goals getting reached & EXCEEDED...

GREAT JOB!

How are the gyms near you>?

omgi
08-01-09, 4:44 pm
Ran through your journey, seeing tons of hard work and goals getting reached & EXCEEDED...

GREAT JOB!

How are the gyms near you>?
Thanks for stopping by BigAnt, it means a lot!

The goals and hard work recorded here is just the start, I'm trying to constantly raise the bar. I'm looking forward to a crazy autumn!

There are two really good gyms here. The one I'm training in is a big training center with everything from gym to gymnastic halls and stuff. Good price, got everything I need but lacks a bit of hardcore attitude. I get to use chalk though (after some convincing), and I haven't got any complaints on dropping weights etc yet.
The other is a hardcore gym. Swedens Mr. Olympia contendant (Fredrik Källström) currently trains there. I consider training there in the future when I have come a bit further with my training since the average guy probably weighs ~270 lb with pretty good bf there, so I feel kinda misplaced.

omgi
08-03-09, 12:53 pm
My grip was a bit shaky, so I had to use straps in last deadlift rep. I used straps in rows too, and damn how much better control I had. The weight felt so damn light, I could squeeze it much better. I don't like using straps as it prevents my grip from getting improved, but I think I'll be using them in rows as my form improved so much.

Deadlifts
1x369 lb (+5 lb) - PR! for 5 conseq. singles
1x369 lb
1x369 lb
1x369 lb
1x369 lb - straps

Pullups (wider grip than before)

Barbell rows (w. straps)
8x209 lb
8x215 lb (+6 lb) - PR!

Bicep 21s
77 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises

omgi
08-05-09, 10:11 am
Damn whats wrong with me. Every day when I eat a serious breakfast, I just feel like puking, taking a shower and going to bed. I have tried to eat less, but it doesn't seem to help as the nausea has only increased. I don't know if it's my nerves (I've always gotten extremely nervous before training/competitions etc) or trouble with the food.
I just have to swallow it up now and go to the gym...

I've decided to start using the pak for the first time, as I feel that I can afford supplements now. I plan on start using it at the same time as launching a 6-7 week STRICT schedule, much like a pre-contest but with different layout. More info when I have thought more about the goals and direction. I think it will be really interesting.

wedge
08-05-09, 11:29 am
Damn whats wrong with me. Every day when I eat a serious breakfast, I just feel like puking, taking a shower and going to bed. I have tried to eat less, but it doesn't seem to help as the nausea has only increased. I don't know if it's my nerves (I've always gotten extremely nervous before training/competitions etc) or trouble with the food.
I just have to swallow it up now and go to the gym...

I've decided to start using the pak for the first time, as I feel that I can afford supplements now. I plan on start using it at the same time as launching a 6-7 week STRICT schedule, much like a pre-contest but with different layout. More info when I have thought more about the goals and direction. I think it will be really interesting.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store bro. I see you pulling 405 in no time.

omgi
08-05-09, 5:13 pm
It felt as if my right arm/pec just fell numb/asleep during the dumbbell presses, it didn't matter that I pressed like a madman and never gave up - the damn weights didn't move. Thing happened in the first set after 2 reps, it took me by complete suprise.

Dumbbell presses
2+2x 90 lb
3x 90 lb
3x 79 lb

Incline Dumbbell presses
6x 57 lb
6x 57 lb

6x 88 lb
6x 88 lb

Upright barbell row
10x 88 lb
10x 88 lb

10 / 8x 88 lb (+ 11 lb)
8 / 8x 77 lb
6 / 6x 66 lb

Calf raises (squeeeeeze)
12x 220 lb
12x 220 lb
15x 220 lb

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store bro. I see you pulling 405 in no time.

Thanks man. I hope so... this monday will be 5 singles on my current 1 RM, 374 lb. From there it's just two small "bisciuits" left to the 405-407.

omgi
08-05-09, 5:27 pm
1 step forward, 2 steps backward. It's been like that in chest/shoulder/tricep for some time now, and I'm fucking fed up. Yeah sure - I've added mass, but it's strength I'm after now. I made such good gains just before summer... I'm trying to find a reason but I just end up really confused.
It feels like it's my (fore)arms that get exhausted very early, and yeah, I have quite long arms so presses should be harder for me. But damn, I increased from the 63 lb dumbbells to the 90 lb dumbbells in a very short time, and all of a sudden I can't press shit!?

All these questions... Do I need more recovery time after back? I'm eating much and "good sources", but am I doing it in the right "way"? Should I eat less but more often? Would it help to add cardio post-workout or on off days to get better pump and endurance? Is it sleep related, do I need more than 8 hours or sleep earlier on the evening? Should I add grip training again so that I get better strength in grip/forearms again, or would that fuck up my recovery time even more? If I add grip training - when/how much? Is it because I have travelled back and forth, trained in different gyms, and haven't been able to train the same routine for the entire summer?

I'm not letting this get in my way. As a matter of fact, it makes my blood boil just thinking of it, and I LOOK FORWARD TO LEG DAY ON FRIDAY.

omgi
08-07-09, 4:41 pm
Squat (ass to the grass)
3x231 lb
3x237 lb
3x243 lb

15x507 lb
12x507 lb

Boxsquats (very slow negatives)
8x132 lb
8x176 lb
8x176 lb

Laying Legcurl
12x71 lb
12x81 lb
12x92 lb

* Had to lay down a bit.

Lunges w. 88 lb barbell
Back and forth across the gym, can't say that I was able to coun't the reps.

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

-----------------
40 min, all included. Would've been 30-35 if I didn't have to fight the urge to puke each of the set after legpress.

Firedrake
08-07-09, 5:00 pm
I'm not surprised you had to lay down for a bit -- you sureashell couldn't stand up! <grin> Those lunges look really sweet!

omgi
08-07-09, 7:11 pm
I'm not surprised you had to lay down for a bit -- you sureashell couldn't stand up! <grin> Those lunges look really sweet!

Yeah they had my breath rasping like a broken car. Thank's for stopping by Jim!

wedge
08-10-09, 2:26 pm
Had to lay down for a bit. I like to see that.

omgi
08-10-09, 2:45 pm
Deadlifts
1x375 lb (+6 lb) - PR! for 5 conseq. singles
1x375 lb
1x375 lb
1x375 lb
1x375 lb
1x386 lb (+ 11 lb) PR!

Barbell rows
6+2x220 lb (+5 lb) PR!
8x220 lb - straps
12x132 lb

Pulldowns / Straight arm pulldowns - SUPERSET, NO REST!
8 / 8
8 / 8
8 / 8

Dumbbell Hammercurls (squeeze)
12x33 lb + 3 halves

Dumbbell preachercurl (squeeeeeeeeeze)
8x22 lb

Abs

-----------------
Smashed weights! Was at the gym at work, all alone. Was able to have my own music, dust chalk all over the place, scream during reps and go insane without anyone complaining. I think this psyched me enough to really proove that my patience with the deadlift schedule paid off - I CRUSHED my previous 1 rm by doing 5 singles on it, and AFTER THAT increase and do a new 1 rm/pr! Only chalk (and loud death metal), no straps or belt or anything. Thanks swok for helping me out with the deadlifts and everything! I marched on and took a new pr in rows too, felt awesome. 418, here we come!

Had to lay down for a bit. I like to see that.

Hehe yeah, thanks. You know the feeling.

omgi
08-12-09, 3:26 pm
Wrist started fucking with me again so I had to chicken out the 200 lb bench. I will be able to try that out soon enough, hell it's the second time I bench in a year and I am starting to merge it into my routine. Due to wrist pain the focus moved from strength to put the muscles on fire... it worked.

Barbell bench press
5x132 lb
5x154 lb - wrist fucked up
5x154 lb
12x132 lb

Incline dumbbell press
4x62 lb

Dumbbell flyes
10x33 lb

Upright barbell row
10x88 lb
10x88 lb

Dumbbell side laterals
12x28 lb

Tricep dumbbell extension / Neutral dumbbell press (no rest between)
10 / 8 x33 lb

Tricep pushdown / Overhead cable (no rest between)
20 / 20

Calf raises
12x220 lb
12x220 lb
12x220 lb

omgi
08-14-09, 3:20 pm
3.5 min cardio - only reason I did this was because I needed to get the system going so I could take the sacred pre-workout dump.... important on leg day!

Squat
(8xbar + 8x132 lb)
3x 220 lb
3x 243 lb (+11 lb)
3x 243 lb (+5 lb)
3x 243 lb

Box squat
(8xbar)
8x176 lb (+44 lb for first set)
8x176 lb
8x176 lb

Laying Leg curl
(12, warmup)
12x
12x
12x

Leg extensions ASCENDING SET - no rest between sets!
(12 warmup)
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x
8x

Lunges
(8xbar)
16x88 lb
16x88 lb
16x88 lb

Abs
30 crunches + 10 decline situps

-----
40 min of friday-fun. Was quite spent after the lunges. The extensions made my quads get so pumped that it reminded me of when Arnold said that the pump in his biceps felt like an orgasm. I'm gonna try to get things moving in the squats now, wanna get up to 330 lb in ATG squats before long.

Firedrake
08-14-09, 4:37 pm
Great looking leg work -- all those squats and box squats must've been LOADS of fun!

omgi
08-15-09, 6:40 am
Great looking leg work -- all those squats and box squats must've been LOADS of fun!

Yeah my glutes and lower back was screaming with joy!

omgi
08-17-09, 2:57 pm
Deadlifts
(8x132, 1x220, 1x287, 1x331)
1x380 lb (+5 lb) PR! for 5 conseq. singles
1x380 lb
1x380 lb
1x380 lb
1x380 lb

Barbell rows
8x220 lb PR! for reps and sets
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps

Barbell shrugs
8x220 lb
22x132 lb

Straight arm pulldowns / Pulldowns - EXTENDED SETS, NO REST!
12 / 12
10 / 10
8 / 8

Dumbbell Hammercurls (squeeze)
12x33 lb + 3 halves

Dumbbell preachercurl (squeeeeeeeeeze)
8x22 lb

Abs
30 crunches + 10 decline situps - was tired after 5th rep, abs were burning at 15

------------------
Forearms/grip got a real workdown. Used straps in 3d row set to get a bit better quality out. I feel that my grip is getting a lot better.

I feel that I want to be able to study my deadlifts, so I'm gonna check for a decent camera.

omgi
08-19-09, 8:50 am
No training today. Got sick yesterday and is even worse today. Throat is swollen up and itching, nose is running like a tap. If I go up a set of stairs or something similair, my breathing goes up and feels heavy/strained.
I'm doing all I can by taking it easy, drinking lots of green tea, eating much, taking in lots of vitamin c and herbal shit. I'll hopefully be better to the weekend.

wedge
08-19-09, 9:00 am
Hope you feel better bro. If it helps, I've heard a lot of people on here say they've taken two servings of Pak a day when they're sick and it seems to help.

Congrats on the PRs the other day too bro.

omgi
08-19-09, 3:01 pm
Hope you feel better bro. If it helps, I've heard a lot of people on here say they've taken two servings of Pak a day when they're sick and it seems to help.

Congrats on the PRs the other day too bro.

I'll try as soon as I get my order. Thanks for the support.

Firedrake
08-19-09, 5:10 pm
I think you may just have worn yourself out on Monday! <grin>

Seriously, take care of that whatever-it-is. I agree with the 2Pak philiosophy when you're not feeling well -- it works for me.

omgi
08-29-09, 1:30 pm
Damn what a persistent illness. I've never had one that's been this intensive for so long. I thought I was gonna be well last monday and was readying myself for workout, but when I woke up that morning it was all back to square one. The fever has been coming back and forth, the throat was sore all the time having me cough up green shit, nose running with yellow/green goo and my mind and body feeling dizzy and weak. I read all the information about the swine flu posted by the authorities and it all seemed to match quite good with my condition (although I didn't have any diearrhea or gastric flu). I have been really careful not to strain myself more than necissary (had to go to work a couple of days with it though), eating lots of food and sleeping as much as possible. The tea, animalpak, vitamin-c pills and herbs made it easier.

I have only been thinking about one thing all this time: how much I miss Deadlifting. I feel much better now and will try to train on monday.

On happier notes. I weigh 50 lb more now than I did 1 year ago. 176 lb up to 226 lb. Much of that is regains, and I'm not as lean as then. I'm still really happy about it though... problem is I have grown out almost all of my clothes. Jeans/shorts have ripped up and dont fit, shirts look a couple of sizes too small. A well, atleast I got my Animal shirts last week so I have SOMETHING to wear... along with 75 bars (~3.5-4 oz!).

I think you may just have worn yourself out on Monday! <grin>

Seriously, take care of that whatever-it-is. I agree with the 2Pak philiosophy when you're not feeling well -- it works for me.

Thanks for your support Jim.

omgi
08-31-09, 4:23 pm
Wow... I just can't understand what just happened. I was going to the gym today even though I wasn't feeling fully okay. I felt really weak in the body, I still have issues with the throat and nose... but the waiting have just been grinding at me. I was thinking that the 2 weeks of sickness would throw me off and have me working for weeks to get back on the track. Guess I was wrong, and I'm REALLY grateful. This made my week.

Deadlifts
(8x132, 2x220, 1x287, 1x331)
1x386 lb (+6 lb) PR!
1x386 lb
1x386 lb
1x386 lb
1x386 lb

Barbell rows
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps

12x55 lb / 12x100 lb
10x40 lb / 10x85 lb
8x40 lb / 8x85 lb

Dumbbell Hammercurls
12x27 lb + 3 halves

Dumbbell preachercurl
8x20 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

Steam room, hell yeah.

Firedrake
08-31-09, 4:26 pm
Great work -- I know that sometimes, you or any of us gets so frustrated being out of the gym that we can override whatever negative sensations we're feeling. Even illness can get pushed out of the way, and that looks like what you did today.

Your back's going to be feeling that for a day or two . . .

omgi
09-01-09, 5:47 pm
Great work -- I know that sometimes, you or any of us gets so frustrated being out of the gym that we can override whatever negative sensations we're feeling. Even illness can get pushed out of the way, and that looks like what you did today.

Your back's going to be feeling that for a day or two . . .

Yeah I guess I've created some kind of mental advantage... I decided on sunday that I wouldn't let 2 weeks off get in my way when it comes to pulling exercises as off time never seem to have affected it before. Deadlifting and rowing uses brute strength which you don't lose over day and which "a bad day" can't screw up. You just go in, get pissed off and pull.

I'm really excited now, I'm drawing closer and closer to the 405. I felt last time that I could've pulled that, but I'm gonna stick to +5-6 lb/week until I get to 405, and after that I'm gonna do an attempt on 419 lb. If I feel really good about it, I'll go for 441 lb within some weeks after that, or I'll go straight to the high volume routine I have up ahead.

omgi
09-02-09, 2:44 pm
What a fucking day. Some asshole had thrown my postworkout meal from the fridge in school thinking it was old food. Someone else had stepped all over my bag, the schampoo bottle had exploded and covered everything (school stuf, training stuf, filled my shoes). Walked around all day with that shit around me getting a pounding headache and nausea (I'm allergic to perfume and shit like that). Had to train in clothes that looked like a whole football team had ejaculated on, smelling like a god damn perfume shop. Everyone walking by me started sniffing and looking around. Thats not even half of the crazy shit.

I have lost quite a lot of endurance in the press exercises after being sick, but it will get back soon enough.

Barbell flat benchpress
(10xbar, 8x132 lb)
5x176 lb
5x176 lb
7x154 lb

Dumbbell incline press
6x57 lb
6x52 lb
8x46 lb

Dumbbell flat flyes
12x28 lb
12x28 lb
10x28 lb

7x88 lb
6x88 lb
4x88 lb

Upright barbell rows
10x88 lb
10x88 lb

Dumbbell side lat raise
12x28 lb

Tricep pushdown / Overhead cable - EXTENDED SET, NO REST!
12 / 10
10 / 10
8 / 8

Firedrake
09-02-09, 4:09 pm
You are to be seriously congratulated for getting the work done in spite of all the crap!

Well done!

omgi
09-04-09, 3:56 pm
No legs today due to my knees.... I'm gonna look in to getting some glucosamine and MSM for jointsupport, and maybe try to get in touch with some knee specialist if it doesn't get better.

You are to be seriously congratulated for getting the work done in spite of all the crap!

Well done!

It's a minor setback in comparison to what many people go through daily. We do what we have to do, right? I try to see the humor in what happened. It was quite hilarious to see everyone avoiding due to the smell, hehe.

omgi
09-07-09, 1:08 pm
I think I'll do my deadlift schedule a bit longher than I had intended. My goal was to do 5 singles (increasing 5-6 lb/week) up to 405-407, then do a max attempt on 419. I think I'll go with 5 singles all the way up to 419 and then do a max attempt on 441 instead (200 kg). After that, I'll start doing volume instead.

Deadlifts
1x391 lb (+5 lb) PR!
1x391 lb
1x391 lb
1x391 lb
1x391 lb

Barbell rows - kept my back a bit lower this time, went further down with the weight
(6x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps

12x55 lb / 12x100 lb
10x40 lb / 10x85 lb
8x25 lb / 8x85 lb

Bicep 21s - more controlled than before
77 lb

Dumbbell Hammercurls
10x27 lb + 3 halves

Dumbbell preachercurl
6x22 lb - no fucking energy left!

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

Sauna!

J A Y
09-07-09, 4:13 pm
I think I'll do my deadlift schedule a bit longher than I had intended. My goal was to do 5 singles (increasing 5-6 lb/week) up to 405-407, then do a max attempt on 419. I think I'll go with 5 singles all the way up to 419 and then do a max attempt on 441 instead (200 kg). After that, I'll start doing volume instead.

Deadlifts
1x391 lb (+5 lb) PR!
1x391 lb
1x391 lb
1x391 lb
1x391 lb

Barbell rows - kept my back a bit lower this time, went further down with the weight
(6x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps

12x55 lb / 12x100 lb
10x40 lb / 10x85 lb
8x25 lb / 8x85 lb

Bicep 21s - more controlled than before
77 lb

Dumbbell Hammercurls
10x27 lb + 3 halves

Dumbbell preachercurl
6x22 lb - no fucking energy left!

Situps with dumbbell
20x35 lb + 20 leg raises

Sauna!

sick deadlifts bro... theyve come a long way..best of luck with that 200kg attempt.. is a BIG milestone

check ur emails aswell.

omgi
09-07-09, 4:21 pm
sick deadlifts bro... theyve come a long way..best of luck with that 200kg attempt.. is a BIG milestone

check ur emails aswell.

Yeah I KNOW I'm gonna get it. Thanks for stopping by man!

J A Y
09-07-09, 4:31 pm
Yeah I KNOW I'm gonna get it. Thanks for stopping by man!

no worries man, im deffo subbed.. wana see this 200kg officially SMOKED!

Firedrake
09-08-09, 12:35 am
Great work -- I was doing that with the Rows, too, last night -- I think I like 'em better that way.

omgi
09-09-09, 8:25 pm
Dumbbell flat press
5x85 lb
5x85 lb
4x85 lb

Dumbbell incline press
10x57 lb
8x52 lb

Dumbbell flat flyes
10x28 lb
10x28 lb
10x28 lb

10x88 lb
6x99 lb (+11 lb)
4x88 lb

Upright barbell rows
10x88 lb
10x88 lb

Dumbbell side lat raise
10x24 lb
10x24 lb
10x24 lb

10 / 8
8 / 8
6 / 6

Standing Calf raises
12x243 lb
12x243 lb
15x243 lb

J A Y
09-10-09, 4:36 am
Dumbbell flat press
5x85 lb
5x85 lb
4x85 lb

Dumbbell incline press
10x57 lb
8x52 lb

Dumbbell flat flyes
10x28 lb
10x28 lb
10x28 lb

10x88 lb
6x99 lb (+11 lb)
4x88 lb

Upright barbell rows
10x88 lb
10x88 lb

Dumbbell side lat raise
10x24 lb
10x24 lb
10x24 lb

10 / 8
8 / 8
6 / 6

Standing Calf raises
12x243 lb
12x243 lb
15x243 lb

thats alot of volume in there omgi, bet you ache now! good work tho bro.. way to get it done!

machineman
09-10-09, 7:06 am
solid progress, bro.....those deads have come a LONG way! you got that 405...

omgi
09-11-09, 6:00 pm
solid progress, bro.....those deads have come a LONG way! you got that 405...

Hey nice to see you in here machineman. Yeah, I can feel it - the 405 is mine. Next monday is 4 pps (44 lb plates).

thats alot of volume in there omgi, bet you ache now! good work tho bro.. way to get it done!

Yeah, switching it up a bit to have my body struggling. I'm still not sure what I will do with chest day - I wanna start doing bench press seriously, but that's hard without a spotter.

Great work -- I was doing that with the Rows, too, last night -- I think I like 'em better that way.

Yeah it's an awesome feeling to lower the back a bit and be able to get a greater ROM. I must admit that barbell rows is my favourite exercise atm after deadlifts. I really like mondays.

omgi
09-11-09, 6:07 pm
15-20 minutes was all I had today to complete the routine (gym closed). Damn, high intensity and focus on form can really beat the shit out of heavier weights or higher volume. I never expected to get this much pain with just 3 exercises. Had to lie down after the exercises until the gym owners threw my ass outta there.

Squats - ass to the grass
(8xbar, 8x132)
3x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x253 lb (+11 lb)
3x253 lb

Leg press - Knees to the shoulders (sumo - just realised that I've been doing it all the time)
15x507 lb (5 pps)
15x507 lb

Lying leg curl - really fucking slow repetitions
12x80 lb
12x90
12x90

My hams hurt quite a lot after this, gonna keep doing them this slow and controlled instead of focusing on higher weight and slow negatives.

Firedrake
09-11-09, 8:13 pm
Sweeet looking leg day. My hams are glutes are bitching at me after yesterday, too.

omgi
09-13-09, 4:55 pm
Sweeet looking leg day. My hams are glutes are bitching at me after yesterday, too.

Yeah just let 'em bitch all they want, you owned that leg day.

J A Y
09-13-09, 6:55 pm
15-20 minutes was all I had today to complete the routine (gym closed). Damn, high intensity and focus on form can really beat the shit out of heavier weights or higher volume. I never expected to get this much pain with just 3 exercises. Had to lie down after the exercises until the gym owners threw my ass outta there.

Squats - ass to the grass
(8xbar, 8x132)
3x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x253 lb (+11 lb)
3x253 lb

Leg press - Knees to the shoulders (sumo - just realised that I've been doing it all the time)
15x507 lb (5 pps)
15x507 lb

Lying leg curl - really fucking slow repetitions
12x80 lb
12x90
12x90

My hams hurt quite a lot after this, gonna keep doing them this slow and controlled instead of focusing on higher weight and slow negatives.

shit omgi, you got a hell of a lot done in 15-20 mins... that awesome work.. thats a good session aswell!

omgi
09-21-09, 4:46 pm
My life has been turned upside down and thrown into the ground. Haven't eaten, trained, studied or tended my home in a week. All I ate yesterday was a small breakfast and 2 bars throughout the day. Trying to piece my life together again. Lift the pain!

Deadlifts
(8x132, 2x220, 1x287, 1x309, 1x353)
1x397 lb (+6 lb) PR! - 4pps (44 lb)
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb

Barbell rows
(4x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
7x220 lb - straps

12 / 12
10 / 10
8 / 8

Barbell curl (very slow and focused)
12x66 lb
10x66 lb
8x66 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises

J A Y
09-21-09, 4:51 pm
My life has been turned upside down and thrown into the ground. Haven't eaten, trained, studied or tended my home in a week. All I ate yesterday was a small breakfast and 2 bars throughout the day. Trying to piece my life together again. Lift the pain!

Deadlifts
(8x132, 2x220, 1x287, 1x309, 1x353)
1x397 lb (+6 lb) PR! - 4pps (44 lb)
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb

Barbell rows
(4x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
7x220 lb - straps

12 / 12
10 / 10
8 / 8

Barbell curl (very slow and focused)
12x66 lb
10x66 lb
8x66 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises

nearly there omgi... one rep at a time bro.. one rep at a time!!! very strong considering your circumstances! keep the awesome work up dude!

omgi
09-23-09, 5:31 pm
It wasn't enough with no sleep, food or training for a week, I got injured in my wrist and knees too. I thought this session would be 20 steps back due to this. Turned out to be just 1-2 steps back.

Dumbbell flat press
5x85 lb
4x85 lb - last rep took 8 sec, but I got it spotter!
4x79 lb - last rep took 6 sec, but I got it spotter!

Dumbbell incline press
6x57 lb
5x57 lb

Machine flyes

8x88 lb
4x110 lb (+11 lb) - PR
4+2x99 lb

Upright barbell rows
10x88 lb
7+2x99 lb (+11 lb)

Tricep pushdown / Overhead cable - lots of rest this time, my energy was depleted
12 / 10
8 / 8
6 / 6

Standing Calf raises
12x243 lb
12x243 lb
20x243 lb

omgi
09-25-09, 6:04 pm
Squats
(8xbar, 8x132)
3x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x253 lb
3x259 lb (+6 lb)

Sumo Leg press
8x507 lb (5 pps)
13x595 lb (6 pps) (+88 lb) PR
12x507 lb (5 pps)

had to lie down for a while

Lying leg curl
12x90 lb
12x90 lb
12x90 lb

Situps with dumbbell
20x41 lb + 20 leg raises

omgi
09-30-09, 2:26 pm
Due to the fact that I didn't train this monday, I decided to add powercleans as a compound exercise. I am currently thinking about starting to train at an olympic weightlifting gym that's close to me, and start doing more powerlifting and explosive training. We will see, my life is upside down right now and I'm not sure how/if I'll sort everything out.

Dumbbell flat press
5x85 lb
3x85 lb
3+1x79 lb

Powercleans
(8x88 lb)
5x132 lb
5x176 lb
5x176 lb

Machine flyes

Upright barbell rows
10x99 lb (+11 lb)
8x99 lb

Dumbbell side laterals
12x29 lb
12x29 lb

Dumbbell front laterals
12x24 lb

Tricep pushdown - GIANT SET (descending, no rest)
12x99 lb
5x88 lb
5x77 lb
5x66 lb
5x55 lb
5x44 lb

Standing Calf raises
12x243 lb
12x243 lb
20x243 lb

J A Y
10-01-09, 4:14 am
last three workouts have looked real good omgi..some pr's in there and some real good exercises.. i like the powercleans, im really keen to learn those... keep it up man.. whats up at the moment then? the balancing act got out of hand again!!!??

omgi
10-01-09, 12:33 pm
last three workouts have looked real good omgi..some pr's in there and some real good exercises.. i like the powercleans, im really keen to learn those... keep it up man.. whats up at the moment then? the balancing act got out of hand again!!!??

Yeah, things starts to get better and BAM, something new throws you off track. I think this will delay the 441-450 lift (it already has by several weeks), but patience is key to success. 1 rep at a time.

omgi
10-02-09, 5:28 pm
I'm currently being examined for a possible spinal cord/marrow injury. I... this is just... heh... it just keeps coming. No legs today, no back on monday.

J A Y
10-02-09, 5:43 pm
I'm currently being examined for a possible spinal cord/marrow injury. I... this is just... heh... it just keeps coming. No legs today, no back on monday.

stay strong omgi... im sure things will get better now, before they could get any worse... when you find out whats what just train smartly.. all the best bro

omgi
10-10-09, 7:25 am
Well I'll be damned... I got high fever and the shakes for a week and a half. I'm through it now though, so I'll train on monday. I won't be able to hold back since I've got so much shit boiling under the surface right now.

stay strong omgi... im sure things will get better now, before they could get any worse... when you find out whats what just train smartly.. all the best bro

Thanks for the support JAY, it means a lot.

J A Y
10-10-09, 7:43 am
Well I'll be damned... I got high fever and the shakes for a week and a half. I'm through it now though, so I'll train on monday. I won't be able to hold back since I've got so much shit boiling under the surface right now.

Thanks for the support JAY, it means a lot.

no worries omgi and how did the examinations go for the spinal cord/marrow injury?

im guessing ok if your keen to get back in the gym monday! kill it!

omgi
10-19-09, 1:35 pm
I'm happy about the workout today considering I've been sitting in a dark room and staring at the wall for 4-5 weeks. I'm gonna sleep like crazy this night since I'm currently on meds that are used for sleep problems among other things.

Deadlifts
(8x132, 6x132, 2x220, 2x220, 1x287, 1x309, 1x353)
1x397 lb (current pr)
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb
1x397 lb

Barbell rows
(4x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps

Pulldowns
12xwarmup
12, 10, 10 - dunno weights beyond this point

EZ-bar Preacher curl - Giant Set, descending weight
10, 10, 12

Abs

omgi
11-11-09, 6:13 pm
Squat (ATG)
(8xbar, 8x132, 8x132 fast)
4x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x242 lb

Powerclean
(6x88 lb)
5x132 lb
5x176 lb
3+0+1x198 lb

Box Squat (slow negative)
8x132 lb
8x176 lb

Lying Leg Curl
12x90 lb
10x90 lb
12x80 lb

Weighted situp (extreme focus on form)
16x35 lb + 4 unweighted

omgi
11-11-09, 6:14 pm
Deadlifts
(8x132, 2x220, 1x309, 1x353)
1x402 lb - PR! (+5 lb)
1x402 lb
1x402 lb
1x402 lb
1x402 lb

Barbell row
(6x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps
8x198 lb - straps

Pulldowns
(12x40)
10x115 lb
10x115 lb
10x115 lb

Preacher Curl
8x66 lb
5x66 lb

Dumbbell hammer curl
11x24 lb + 3 halves

Situp with dumbbell
16x35 lb + 4 unweighted

J A Y
11-11-09, 6:16 pm
good to see you back omgi! great work with those deads!!!

omgi
11-11-09, 6:16 pm
First time I hit the plateau on this deadlift schedule. No wonder since I have been eating and training like shit for such a long time.

Deadlifts
(8x132, 2x220, 1x309, 1x353)
1x408 lb - PR! (+6 lb)
0x408 lb (fail at knees)
0x397 lb (just below knees)
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb
1x353 lb

Barbell row
(4x132)
8x198 lb
8x198 lb
8x198 lb

Pulldowns
(12x40)
12x115 lb
12x115 lb
12x115 lb

EZ Barbell Curl
12x66 lb
12x66 lb

Dumbbell hammer curl
8x24 lb + 3 halves

Situp with dumbbell
16x35 lb + 12 unweighted

omgi
11-11-09, 6:17 pm
Flat Dumbbell Press
(10x35)
8x79 lb
5x79 lb
3x74 lb (wtf)

Power cleans
(8x88 lb)
8x132 lb
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Pec Fly Machine
(10 warmup)
8+4

Upright Barbell Row
(8xbar)
10x88 lb
10x88 lb

Dumbbell side lat
12x22 lb

Dumbbell front lat
12x22 lb

Tricep rope pressdown - GIANT SET, descending
12x99 lb
5x88 lb
5x77 lb
5x66 lb
5x55 lb
5x44 lb

Calf raises
18x220 lb
18x220 lb
18x220 lb

Firedrake
11-11-09, 6:18 pm
Doing some solid work! How're you feeling?

omgi
11-11-09, 6:18 pm
Deep Deadlifts (bar resting on top of the foot)
(9x132, 8x220 deep, 1x220 deep)
7x265 lb
6+2x265 lb (restpause at 6)

Barbell row
(4x132)
10x132 lb
- restpause with situps to ease the pump in lower back
12x132 lb

*Had to lie down a bit*

Pulldowns
(12x40)
12x115 lb
12x115 lb
12x115 lb

Dumbbell hammer curl
12x24 lb
12x24 lb + 3 halves
12x24 lb

Situp with dumbbell
16x35 lb + 12 unweighted

omgi
11-11-09, 6:19 pm
Flat Dumbbell Press
(12x30)
10x79 lb
4x79 lb
6x68 lb

Power cleans
3 clean&press + 4 clean x132 lb
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Pec Fly Machine
(10 warmup)
10+1
10+2

Dumbbell side lat
12x22 lb

Dumbbell front lat
12x22 lb

Tricep rope pressdown - GIANT SET, descending
12x99 lb
5x88 lb
5x77 lb
5x66 lb
5x55 lb
5x44 lb

Calf raises
18x220 lb
18x220 lb
18x220 lb

omgi
11-11-09, 6:24 pm
Thanks for stopping by Drake and JAY.

Been to many different specialists now. The final answer is that I probably have a herniated disc and have a hemorrhage in the lower back. Nothing can be done about it, they don't want to do a x-ray since I still can stand without severe pain. One of the benifits of free health care - they won't pay for such things unless you are in acute distress and risk loosing some bodily functions.
The orthopaedist gave me a "go" to train heavy, so the only thing I can do is to train to max and wait for something to go wrong, hehe. Skipping training is not an option since it's the only thing that gives me any semblance of joy.

omgi
11-16-09, 7:19 pm
Weak piece of shit.

Squat atg
(8xbar, 8x132)
3x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x242 lb
5x220 lb

Lying Leg curl
(12x warmup)
12x90 lb
12x90 lb
12x90 lb

Leg extension - GIANT SET, ascending weight, no rest between sets
(12x warmup)
6+2
(awesome pump, hate it and love it, you should try it...)

Box Squat
(8x132)
8x176 lb
8x176 lb

Situp with dumbbell
20x35 lb

omgi
11-16-09, 7:21 pm
First time I rackpull. Weak as an infant. Had to use straps on last barbell row set due to a thick piece of the skin on the hand got torn off and started ripping up the rest of the skin in the hand. Asked the gym owner on the way home if he had some miracle cream or something, but he looked at the hand and said I had to refrain from lifting for a while. NO FUCKING WAY.

Rack Pulls (just below knees)
(8x132 DL, 8x132, 4x220, 3x309)
3-5x353 lb
3x397 lb
2x419 lb (didn't lockout fully on 3d, but almost 3 reps)
2x419 lb
5x353 lb

Barbell Row
(8x132)
8x220 lb
8x220 lb
8x220 lb - straps due to "injury"

* Had to lie down a bit due to pump in lower back *

Pulldown - dunno weight
(9x warmup)

Dumbbell Curl
12x29 lb
12x29 lb
12x24 lb + 3 halves

Situp with dumbbell
20x35 lb

1 lb of steak, 0.6 lb of potatoes, plate o greens, 3 cups o tea, milk, water and fruits.

Firedrake
11-16-09, 7:59 pm
Nice! Great pulling, seriously!

Maybe wrap the hand with tape over gauze?

omgi
11-18-09, 6:32 pm
I've started to regain some endurance and strenght. If nothing goes wrong, prehaps I can start making some progress with this weak and thin body.

Flat Dumbbell Press
(12x35)
7x85 lb
4x85 lb
5x79 lb

Seated Military dumbbell press
12x41 lb
8x41 lb
8x41 lb

Power cleans
8x132 lb
8x132 lb
8x132 lb

Pec Fly Machine
(10 warmup)
11+1
9+3

Dumbbell side lat
12x30 lb

Dumbbell front lat
12x30 lb

Tricep rope pressdown - GIANT SET (no rest)
12x99 lb
5x88 lb
5x77 lb
5x66 lb
5x55 lb
5x44 lb

Calf raises
18x242 lb
18x242 lb
18x242 lb

Nice! Great pulling, seriously!

Maybe wrap the hand with tape over gauze?

Thanks Drake. Awesome to see you with that Victor avatar. You if anyone deserve it. Great job!

omgi
11-20-09, 4:39 pm
Squat atg
(8xbar, 8x132)
3x220 lb
3x242 lb
3x265 lb
3x265 lb

Lying Leg curl
(12x warmup)
12x100 lb
12x100 lb
12x90 lb

Leg extension - GIANT SET, ascending weight, no rest between sets
(12x warmup)

Box Squat
8x132 lb
8x176 lb
8x198 lb

Situp with dumbbell
20x35 lb

Firedrake
11-20-09, 5:11 pm
Thanks Drake. Awesome to see you with that Victor avatar. You if anyone deserve it. Great job!

Thanks! Have you see that Rage is starting a NEW contest?

You're putting in some fine work -- not gonna be "weak" or "thin" for long!

omgi
11-21-09, 9:01 am
Thanks! Have you see that Rage is starting a NEW contest?

You're putting in some fine work -- not gonna be "weak" or "thin" for long!

Yeah but I cannot enter it at the moment, so I'll try to get my shit together for the next contest. A friend as entered however, Swok. Hopefully he'll be selected.