PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

bigmike08
03-30-09, 9:23 pm
Hey Bros, just a few questions on how much of what I should be consuming a day. Currently I attend UNL and am on a meal plan so getting food when ever I want is easy, good foods if I would like. I was thinking yesterday that I would like to start logging what I eat in a day, and how many calories, fats, protein, carbs, ect. that I am taking in, then I started to wonder what should I be taking in?

Right now I am still bulking, trying to get some good mass on me before I even try and cut. Currently I am 5'10'' and 220 lbs. and 19. If anyone has a slight idea on what amount of calories and nutrients that I should be taking in for some good mass, hit me up.

Thanks again Animal Nation.

Big Mike

Gambit
03-30-09, 9:53 pm
Hey bub, I'm no expert on nutrition, that's for sure. But if you're bulking, the rule of thumb is 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. You weigh 220, so that comes out to anywhere from 220-330 grams of protein a day. Shoot for around 400 carbs, and I wish I had a number for fats. Search around, I'm pretty sure you can find it here.

Try to get in 6 or 7 meals a day, every 2.5 hours. Do your best to eat whole foods, but shakes like Real Gains is good a couple times, just don't prioritize. I found you a couple articles:
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=37
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=273

Remember, nothing is a constant for everyone. Feel free to experiment and find out what works for you. Any other questions I might be able to answer, shoot me a PM or drop me a line in my Journey.

Welcome to the FORVM

bigmike08
03-30-09, 11:33 pm
Thanks bro, yeah I have heard 1-2 grams of Protein before, and I figured 440 would almost be a little bit of an over kill. But 400 carbs, sounds a bit high, but if Im eating 6-7 meals I doubt that it will be that hard. Thanks again.

TheDarkHalf
03-31-09, 10:48 am
Just shoot to eat a 1:1 calorie ratio of protein and carbs. So if you're eating 300g of protein, you should eat 300g of carbs.

bigmike08
03-31-09, 4:10 pm
Just shoot to eat a 1:1 calorie ratio of protein and carbs. So if you're eating 300g of protein, you should eat 300g of carbs.

Alright bro, that seems like a good rule of thumb! Thanks again brothers

GJN5002
03-31-09, 5:00 pm
Hey Bros, just a few questions on how much of what I should be consuming a day. Currently I attend UNL and am on a meal plan so getting food when ever I want is easy, good foods if I would like. I was thinking yesterday that I would like to start logging what I eat in a day, and how many calories, fats, protein, carbs, ect. that I am taking in, then I started to wonder what should I be taking in?

Right now I am still bulking, trying to get some good mass on me before I even try and cut. Currently I am 5'10'' and 220 lbs. and 19. If anyone has a slight idea on what amount of calories and nutrients that I should be taking in for some good mass, hit me up.

Thanks again Animal Nation.

Big Mike

I would probably just do a standard 40/40/20 split 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat and shoot for about 4000 calories a day.
bulk cals
1600 cal from pro = 400g protein
1600 cal from carb = 400 g carbs
800 from fat = 90 g
thats a very simple way to do it. tweek it to fit your body