PDA

View Full Version : Donating blood.

Sadhu
03-31-09, 12:57 am
I got a question my friends, does donating blood has a repercution in mass gaining?, cuz I´m on a mass gaining training and some of my friends aunts is going to have a hearth op and she needs it,, does it affects?

bigmike08
03-31-09, 1:18 am
Im not quite for sure, but I have heard that some people have been turned down from donating when they have had creatine levels that were too high, also along with test levels being too high. It won't effect you in the gym, other then if you lift on the same day you give, you will prolly get a bit light headed. But the chance of you being able to donate is uncertain to me. Honestly, why not try?

Mickey
03-31-09, 1:41 am
Im not quite for sure, but I have heard that some people have been turned down from donating when they have had creatine levels that were too high, also along with test levels being too high. It won't effect you in the gym, other then if you lift on the same day you give, you will prolly get a bit light headed. But the chance of you being able to donate is uncertain to me. Honestly, why not try?

I agree; if you can, do it. More people need to give blood (trust me, as an firefighter/EMT I see this shit firsthand). I can tell you from experience that if you wait a day you'll be fine.

AFTazz06
03-31-09, 1:56 am
Donating blood is a plus for anybody thats healthy. For us men, its a good thing to give blood beause it lowers the level on iron in our blood. Especially those of us who live the bodybuilding lifestyle, its essential that we give blood. I always give blood whenever the "blood buses" as i call them, come rolling into campus.

rjs
03-31-09, 9:14 am
Go ahead and give blood my friend. Saving a life is way more important than mass gain.

I'm a regular donor. My mass gain didn't suffer because of it. If anything, just take it easy on the day you give blood. Don't workout on that day, just sit back and relax.

Peace.

mritter3
03-31-09, 9:41 am
donating blood will not prevent you from gaining, but you will feel run down for about 4-6 days after you donate.

bigffmike
03-31-09, 12:02 pm
Hey bro Go ahead and give, As the bros above have already stated... I just would't squat right after giving. lol

ironbound
03-31-09, 1:01 pm
Not to be a dick, but I'm pretty sure helping your friend's aunt is a little more important than mass gaining...

C.Coronato
03-31-09, 2:01 pm
Ironbound .. Agreed.

If there is a blood donation, im giving some. regardless of anything. I will recuperate, but the person waiting for the blood may not .. that's how i look anyway.

BigBlueBear
03-31-09, 3:05 pm
As a dispatcher I can not tell you how many times I hear on the scanner to divert from a hospital reference shortage or how many times we've had to do blood runs for critical cases.

Get up... go out... give.

It ain't gonna kill you... but it might save someone else.

sodapop
04-01-09, 8:01 am
donating blood will not prevent you from gaining, but you will feel run down for about 4-6 days after you donate.

I really don't think this is true. Every time I've given blood I've been fine by the next day.

Anyway, giving blood to someone who needs it is more important than your mass gaining cycle. I really don't think it will have much of an effect, if any, anyway.

Sadhu
04-01-09, 5:19 pm
Thank you!

I was gonna give it anyway, but I just wanted to know if it had a repercution, but you guys certainly said something true, we need to give blood, cuz giving blood is giving life. I appreciate ur comments, hope i can donate.

Pablo2250
04-02-09, 4:51 am

Hey guys im new here but not a stranger to the Animal culture. I was wonderin I wanted to donate some blood (i get extra credit in my college class) and it has been a while since i have... Question though does running gear affect your blood at all? i mean test sure, but what about other substances?

-Thanks

Cstlfx
04-02-09, 2:22 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12028&highlight=donating+blood

there's an older post with more people's opinions. I'd go give blood, just give yourself that day off. You dont want to pass out with the weight on top of you.