PDA

View Full Version : Alk's Journey

Alk
04-01-09, 11:03 am
Figured it would have to happen eventually.

Quick facts:
-18 years old, senior in high school
-Wrestled from 7th grade to this year, loved it + it got me into weightlifting
-Weights I've been at over the last 4 years for wrestling: 119, 125, 125, 140
-Real life personality: usually reserved and quiet
-Forvm name: taken from an online personality I sometimes use, "Alkaios" which means "strength" in Greek.
-Currently using Training routine #9 (minus a few exercises I'm not comfortable with atm): http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=148

History Lesson:
-Began my soph. year at the gym I still go to now, assistant wrestling coach brought me there and gave me a 3 day split routine, later changed to 5 days a week
-That summer, before my junior year began: kept the 5 days a week lifting, but my coach added extra stuff like pushing cars up a gradual hill, or doing stairs up a parking garage at the nearby college
-Junior year: Did amazingly well during my wrestling season, but during the season I stopped lifting altogether to cut weight. Went from 140 to 125 in a matter of weeks once the season started
-After that season ended: Had a lot of issues with depression, led to me lifting 6-7 times a week so I could think about other things, overtrained to keep my sanity
-Very end of June: had to leave my house for a week to deal with my emotions, lost a lot of my strength with no weightroom at the facility I was at
-July ---->November: Kept a 5 day lifting routine and began biking to relieve stress ontop of it. Sometimes would bike to the gym, do legs, then bike home! It felt amazing. Cut down to my lowest offseason weight in year at that point: 129.5. Haven't gotten back down that low since then.
-October ---->present: Began Boxing/MMA classes because I was challenged to a fight (never happened) and realized I'd look like an idiot trying to wrestle someone to the ground that can punch me in the face lol
-November: Tore my labrium in my left shoulder, hurt like heck, but I practiced on it for a week until I lost clearance to wrestle
-December: Began looking into supplements besides the protein powder I'd been taking for the longest time, bought creatine and caesin protein powder
-January: Started looking into more supps, bought creatine esther (spelling?) pills...that brand was expensive as hell and not worth the trouble looking back though. Also my injury healed enough for me to wrestle again.
-Late January: My mom cut out an Animal magazine ad and said the text on it reminded her of me. I read it then let it sit on my computer desk.
-February: Wanted more supps, saw the ad still laying on my desk, and went to the Animal website, loved what I saw

The new cookies and cream flavor of Real Gains I've been given the priv to test is awesome. Flat out awesome. I'm def buying some when I get a job...almost flat broke and my parents almost never pay for supps for me. I've never tried the other flavors, but if you're a fan of Real Gains you should def try it out when it's released.

Lost sleep over some stuff with a friend so I'm gonna stop for now heh. More to come.

Extreme
04-01-09, 11:20 am
Keep your head up bro. Stay strong, stay focused, be resiliant!! Life loves throwing curveballs at ya, you just gotta be ready for em and hit em outta the park.

Sounds like you've got a good foundation for weightlifting. Having a back ground in wrestling definitely helps. I did a little of that myself in highschool, so I know the toll it can take on your body. Just make sure you keep close attention to your injuries and don't over do anything. This game takes time and patience.

If you ever need anything jsut ask, we're all here to support you and offer advice.

Much Respect.

Alk
04-01-09, 3:56 pm
Keep your head up bro. Stay strong, stay focused, be resiliant!! Life loves throwing curveballs at ya, you just gotta be ready for em and hit em outta the park.

Sounds like you've got a good foundation for weightlifting. Having a back ground in wrestling definitely helps. I did a little of that myself in highschool, so I know the toll it can take on your body. Just make sure you keep close attention to your injuries and don't over do anything. This game takes time and patience.

If you ever need anything jsut ask, we're all here to support you and offer advice.

Much Respect.

Thanks man, I just get thrown so many curve balls somedays lol.

Good to hear back from someone that can relate to that sport...takes everything out of you to do that on top of lifting for sure.

Yeah def. been watching my shoulder for the last few months. Was supposed to get surgery but I only feel pain when I bring that shoulder back wayyy too far so I opted out of it after that began to happen + the surgical doctor said there's almost no risk of making the injury worse even with lifting. I lift alone atm though, so I'm slowly upping the weight to levels I can handle without a spot, but where I can get my 5-7 reps in.

Its relieving considering two months ago I was facing a "very real possibility" that I wouldn't be wrestling my senior year of high school and that I'd need months of rehab to get it back to normal. But after awhile it just....faded away for the most part.

Again dude, thanks for stopping by.

NJC_Manhattan
04-01-09, 4:33 pm
Welcome and good luck with your goals... As for the cost of supps, that's a hurdle we all face sooner or later

Alk
04-01-09, 6:34 pm
Welcome and good luck with your goals... As for the cost of supps, that's a hurdle we all face sooner or later

Thanks man.

I keep hearing about them being cheaper offline...but I usually want that stuff in my hands to start using it the day I get it haha. I'm really really impatient with my supps, but I'm really chill on the length of time I'm going to need to see definite results...

Alk
04-11-09, 7:34 pm
http://www.myspace.com/lordofgame

If you ever wanna drop me a line.

4/11/09

Lifted LEGS today. Seeing my numbers improve...just trying my best to keep the form. Over the last few weeks I've gone up 20 lbs with my leg extensions (60 to now 80, 8-10 count), leg curls (both legs, 110 to now 130, 8-10 count, but I think it's a CYBEX machine so it's prob half of that in reality), and up 25 lbs with the incline leg press (225 to 250 now, 5-8 count). Solid workout, left the gym with a funny walk, and had a protein shake, half a cup's worth of oatmeal, a banana, and a can of tuna PWO.

My dumbbell chest presses have gone up from 45 lbs for a 12 count to 65 lbs for a 5-8 count over the last few weeks as well, along with smaller gains in other areas. I think on Monday I'm gonna try benching with chains again b/c I love feeling off-balanced and goofy-looking benching...plus I read it helps power lifters up their bench...and mine hasn't moved anywhere despite my chest gains elsewhere.

Saw one of the regulars at the gym who, without fail for the past two years I've lifted at that gym, came in with a jean jacket with the sleeves torn off and matching jeans. He's a really cool guy and all...but where can you buy that stuff nowadays? lol. I bet a pro-bodybuilder would look sick as hell in clothes like that though.

Has anyone noticed how big Cole's arms are in Gears of War? Lol random thought, but he shouldn't be fighting the Locust and should get on stage or at a strongman/powerlifting meet.

Also took a picture of me after a workout during the week with my Animal shirt on:

Alk
04-11-09, 7:43 pm
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3135/0407091808.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0407091808.jpg)
By Alkaios (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Alkaios)

Dang 5 minute timer on editing posts ><. Forgot this in the other one.

Alk
04-21-09, 10:44 pm
Still stuck at 160-ish lbs. weight-wise. It's pissing me off, even though I try not to think about it. I'm still seeing gains in some areas, so maybe this is just a block that I'm at atm. Maybe I'll ask one of the beefier dudes at the gym to see how they do things. This one goliath motherf!cker that's a regular at the gym, big fan of German strength training, regularly doing 5-6 plate benches (but I don't normally talk to him) might be a good start. If I can catch him before his lift anyway. I wouldn't dare interrupt someone's lift unless they're about to hurt themselves due to form or the weight being too heavy...

Slept in till 1:45 pm today (no school) after going to sleep at 2:00 am...so I got around 12 hours of sleep and my back workout was awesome.

Still stuck at 185x6 deads...maybe in a few weeks I'll see something good there.

People over the last two days at the gym have commented on my physique, it's a really nice feeling. One of the bigger guys at my gym, a beast of a man, who I don't normally talk to but admire his lifts from a distance...he stopped mid-stride when he saw me sitting on an unused machine taking my pump.

"Goddamn! I think you got me beat on your arms boy!"

This guy is jacked so I laughed it off and said "Nah I think it's the opposite man haha"...but he sounded dead serious heh.

Plus a guy I normally talk to at the gym used me as a comparison to commitment while talking to a new guy the same day. He was telling him "don't rush into things" and then pointed at me and said "this guy over here's been here for a little over 2 years, and he's JUST blowing up now. That's commitment right there"

It's kinda cool. Gives you a little motivation while you're working out.

Tomorrow I should be trying ju-jitsu for the first time, that should be fun. A few wrestlers from my school will be there, as well as a bunch of kids that I will probably blow out of the water to be perfectly honest...not trying to make myself look tough or anything, just never seen some of these kids do sports before, and some are a few years younger then me...

Alk
04-27-09, 10:53 pm
Getting fatigued easier at the gym lately because of the f!cking RECORD BREAKING HEAT in the end of April ><

People at the gym keep trying to sell me "sauce" now? I've been going to the gym for a few years now and this is the first time I've seen it openly sold like this by this one regular there....

I don't like it...

I'm waking up at 161 now, after eating: 164 =). Weight is finally moving a little bit and it's encouraging.

Spent an hour and a half doing this photoshop tutorial after the gym today. This guy posted it on his website and I thought it looked cool, was actually kinda fun instead of playing a bunch of videogames:

http://www.psdvault.com/photo-effect/create-a-realistic-break-apart-effect-with-debris-brushset-in-photoshop/

Alk
05-04-09, 7:23 pm
Waking up around 162 on the low end, 164 on the high end, but I always gotta piss in the morning so it's prob 1/2 a pound to a pound lower in actuality. I'm starting to get stretch marks on my upper leg...basically my thighs? I've never gotten them before, it's kinda weird. I'm used to being a stick, and figuring only people who are doing something terribly wrong to their bodies get them. I know now, however, it's the complete opposite.

I walked past a few of the wrestlers from my school on Friday...one of them yelled, "Josh is on steroids!". I smiled and kept walking =). They can think what they want, I know what I am haha.

I think tomorrow I'm gonna try some of the German Strength Training stuff in here to see if I like it:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

I've been going for a few months on pretty much the same routine (link is at the first post on the thread) and today I had to stay home today anyway. My friend, who I met online a few months ago, is currently at an inpatient facility for cutting, suicidal behavior, anger issues, anxiety, and taking other people's medication for stuff like depression...and I was able to have a 5 minute convo with her while she was still in there. It was good to hear from her...even tho she said how much she hated the place (understandably). She's been on new medications that have been making her very sleepy and groggy...and she fell asleep at the end of the convo lol =)

She actually got into a really angry fit after the side effects kicked in and made her this way...and what do the people there do to calm her down? Give her sleeping pills ><. Figures.

She's still got about a week left, hopefully she turns out OK. Said she hasn't talked to anyone there...=/

Alk
05-09-09, 4:31 pm
Leg Day:

Was limited on time today, but did this in about 45 min.

Warmup: Squats, 185x12, two sets

Superset: 30-60 seconds of rest in between squats and incline leg press

Squats-

225x10
225x10
225x8

Incline Leg Press-

225 on each side x 6
225 on each side x 6
225 on each side x 5

Leg Curl (both legs):

120x12
130x10
130x8

Calf Raises:

375x8
425x6

Alk
05-17-09, 7:25 pm
Last Monday, I started this routine:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=45&section=training%0A

I loved the back/bicep day, took me away from my usual exercises and got me out of my element, but I liked it.

It feels nice to have more days to chill and do whatever, instead of constantly thinking about lifting.

Benched for the first time in a month and a half, by myself, and noticed my flat bench went up from 125 lbs. to 150 lbs...

During this period, I've been doing flat DB presses instead.

Like, I've always struggled to get past the 1 plate mark, and I'm finally at the point where I can get past it without a spot, and it's nice.

Alk
06-27-09, 12:06 pm
Haven't touched the forums in awhile, figure I would put my leg day from Wednesday down...

I was going to try and max out for the first time in awhile on squats that day. I added 50 pounds to my normal squat and gave it a go, figuring it would be my max...

275x6

After my amazement that the weight was lighter then I thought, I did it again

275x5

I've improved my form over the last month or so, so my weight has stayed the same, but I've been going down lower. So I know my form was right...it was cool :D. I, of course, warmed up for a few sets before this, but they're not important. The rest (everything is to failure btw):

DB lunges (changing things up):
35 lbs, moving around the gym till failure. 3 sets.

Curls (both legs):
140x7
140x6
130x6

Some hip machine, I never catch the name of it. I normally don't do it anymore, but this week I did it to change things up from leg extensions and stuff.

Standing Calf Raises

425x7
350x7
275x12
No weight x failure

Alk
07-17-09, 2:02 am
Quick update:

The next leg day I had after the previous post, I squatted 300x4

Yesterday I improved my shoulder shrugs to solid 75 lb db's. Used wrist wraps for the first time on them, did a good 10-12, which was fucking awesome. Without them, I was only doing 6-8 and would lose my grip. Idk why i didn't try them earlier for them.

I wake up at 168.5 - 170 everyday now. It's awesome. My stretchmarks still aren't going away, lotion isn't helping much yet. but that's ok, they're only on my upper legs.

Trying to get my abs to pop out again through the small amount of fat I've accumulated on my stomach before I go to the beach Sunday...not much success there lol. I keep eating peanut butter and stuff, and expect it to go down on its own. Oh well haha.

I saw my wrestling coach today for the first time since my season ended, when I wrestled 140. He said it looked like someone pumped me up full of air haha, I guess that's a good thing.

Alk
07-27-09, 3:14 am
Last week I lifted at "The Islander" gym in Ocean City, NJ. They have some awesome equipment, plenty of space, and hardly anyone's in there during the normal peak hours! I got a great chest/tri/shoulders and bi/back/forearms days in while there...I'd def go there again. Reminded me of a smaller version of Man's World, if you're familiar with that gym at all.

I'm seriously considering switching to a new workout routine tomorrow. I've kept my existing routine for two months or so now, I think it's time for an entirely new schedule. The next time I repost on this subject, it'll be about the change.

It's 3:12 AM, time for me to get some sleep.

Edit: 3:14 AM, whatever =P

Alk
08-04-09, 7:06 pm
Switched to this last week:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=46&section=training%0A

Today I started back on creatine as well, after stopping the day I last posted on this journey. It feels AWESOME to be back on Pump :D

I did legs today, lifting everything as the workout instructed except the leg press, which I substituted with Roman chairs...

I think?...it's not the one for your lower back and abs, you put your legs in between two pads and do a wallsit with weight...except there's no wall lol. Idk, i need to find out what exactly it is haha.

Today I was drenched with sweat, I guess the air conditioning wasn't turned on again, but I wasn't complaining. I saw so much definition in my legs today, especially during extensions...it was awesome. I could barely walk after it was all over, had to crawl up the stairs of my house on all 4's...and barely made it out of the gym without throwing up.

But it was a good day.

Alk
08-06-09, 11:14 pm
The stretchmarks where my arms and chest meet are getting bigger...and I'm noticing some on both sides of my traps too! Yikes!

I ran around the local high school for 10 min or so after my back/calves workout today, saw how out of shape I was endurance-wise haha. Mixed some bleachers in with the running and didn't have any problem speeding up the bleachers, just had problems with my endurance. Since I used to be a long distance runner and all, it's kinda weird for me.

After I was done and about to leave, my friend pulls up right next to me in his car and we start chatting. He hasn't seen me since wrestling season (January/February-ish), so he was surprised to see how big I was when I stepped out of my car haha. He's 170 like me, but he's taller then me and is a skinny, cut 170 that's a year older then me. It was cool to hear that kind of stuff from him, b/c he was a beast on the wrestling mat last year and was a team captain as well...the sorta guy I would look up to.

Alk
08-15-09, 5:38 pm
The stretchmarks on my traps are virtually gone now thanks to the lotion I used twice a day on them. The ones under my arms seem to be going away a little bit, but are still clearly visible. The ones on my legs...no real improvements yet. I'll be going to the dermatologist's office soon before I go to college, so I'll ask him if there's anything extra he can give me for them.

I'll be going there to the dermatologist's to get this advanced acne medication, Accutane. I would've gotten it last month, but the stuff can cause depression, and since I have a personal history of it, I need a shrink to clear me for it. Even with that though, I've done my own research online and noticed two things:

1. You're not supposed to take large amounts of Vitamin A while on this product (since the drug is a derivative of Vitamin A or something). The Pak has a shit ton of the stuff in it, and I really don't want to sacrifice my supplements for this medicine.

2. One site told me that "Extremely vigorous exercise should be avoided, as muscle aches can develop." Again, problematic because of my lifestyle choices and stuff.

3. While I can probably manage to do this, it's a hassle. You need monthly blood tests while on Accutane. I hate needles, hate getting blood tests, and hate hate hate the whole idea of doing it monthly.

This is like, my last hope of ever getting rid of my acne, and it's turning out to have a lot of things wrong with it.

Yesterday I ended up going to the gym, so I could sleep in on Saturday and Sunday. I put more weight on my shoulder exercises then I ever had before...pressing 40 lb. dumbbells for the first time (for reps) and using 25 lb. dumbbells for front shoulder raises. I've been somewhat afraid to do front shoulder raises for some time, since they've ALWAYS hurt my shoulder after I tore part of my labrium. I felt ontop of the world after my shoulder exercises were done.

Tri's went normally. Been trying to mix up the exercises I do as much as I can, but I still have yet to see more progress there. At least my shoulders are moving along though.

Monday I'm going to go to this:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27118&page=3

Trying to get my friend to come with me, but we'll see.

Alk
08-20-09, 10:28 pm
Monday was awesome. Meeting everyone in person was a lot of fun...and the gym was pretty fucking cool too. Seeing pros in person was amazing though, Wrath had sooo many veins, and Vinny is just a huge, cool motherfucker haha.

Progression pictures:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4474/dsc02252j.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9239/dsc02247x.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8278/dsc02253k.jpg

Alk
09-07-09, 3:39 am
So I moved into college last Saturday, went to my first real college party the next day and had a blast. Currently trying to figure out what the best drinks for me would be...Google is telling me that would be either whiskey, gin, or vodka, and not beer.

Meeting lots of new people, especially the girlies lol. Also trying to be more social with girls and currently am on a 1 week challenge to hug 5 girls I've just met. Hopefully I'll hit that mark, planning on going out to party at least once this week.

Party list I'm going on:

http://rowanparties.tk/

My college gym has most of the stuff I need to lift, but the trainers there are complete b!tches about dropping weights on the ground, not using clamps, and throwing weights to the side after doing DB chest presses.

Also on a new routine that a guy at my gym gave me, I'm loving it so far. The guy got jacked and powerful from the program, his picture is on a few of the walls at my gym. He was a nice enough guy to let me train with him for a week, then give me pointers and his full program + phone #.

I'm gonna try my luck at it and see where I get.

Monday: Chest, Bi's, Tri's
Wednesday: Back, Shoulders
Friday: Legs, Bi's, Tri's

Every exercise, 6 sets for 4-6 reps

Bi's are always the same two exercises: Preacher barbell curls and preacher db curls
Tri's are always the same exercise: Tricep pushdowns (gonna call the guy up and see if I can substitute these for skullcrushers on occasion).

Alk
09-08-09, 11:20 pm
Had a good chest day today, was getting 4-6 reps on the 140 lb incline bench (5 lb. difference from two weeks ago) and hit an all time high of 80lbs x 7 on the tricep pushdown machine. I'm not sure if the weights at Rowan's gym are the same as the ones at Man's World though, but it still feels amazing. This new program really seems to be helping me out.

My roommate is getting frustrated and struggled a little bit today to maintain composure. When we got to DB preacher curls, he quit 2 sets early because he said he couldn't bend his arms anymore...but I could see he was getting mad that he was having trouble curling 20lbs in one hand, while I was doing 30lbs for about the same count as him. He's 20-30 pounds heavier then me, I think he was just mad about the weight. I let it go though, didn't f.ck with him over it. He went over to the tricep pressdowns while I finished up. He's gotta improve his diet...the guy was a great heavyweight wrestler, but he's gotta improve his diet in order to get stronger then he was when he wrestled.

Workout made me really tired, so I'm going to bed early tonight while he goes to a frat to party. I was gonna go, but now, time to sleep haha. Currently 11:13 pm, and I'm out for the night.

Alk
09-10-09, 10:13 pm
More good news: broke through my plateau I had on deadlifts...at the very end of my workout. I went with my roommate today and crushed the 225 mark for a 3 count. It's the first time I've ventured above 195, and I destroyed it. I think it's because me and my roommate kept shouting, "DO WORK SON" right before our max deadlift at the end of our shoulders/back day lol. Was also wearing my shirt that says, "New Jersey: Only The Strong Survive" haha.

At the beginning of the lift, I also used 55 lb dumbbells for military presses and did 4 sets of 4-6 on them, first time I've ever touched them too. I was psyched, I still wanna reach the goddamn 100's like I saw Aggression doing a few weeks ago tho lol. I guess I'll have to start doing cleans or something and work up to them (just learned how to do them on Tuesday).

This new workout is helping me so much with my power/maxes...I love it. I'm not about to start powerlifting or anything, but I love pushing lots of weight.

After lifting at my college gym for a couple weeks, I've noticed that there's A LOT of people who are new to lifting that go there, judging by people's arms and techniques. It's kinda weird, but cool in a way, b/c I feel sorta ahead of the game and everything. I'm glad I had the opportunities to start when I was a little younger, so I can have time to learn from my mistakes and get my sh.t straight for college and beyond.

My classes were interesting today, apparently I need to do a certain amount of "contact hours" to graduate. They let you get those for working at gyms, getting personal training certificates, etc. so I'm really excited about the opportunities I'm going to have in the next year or so.

Currently waiting for my suitemates to UNLOCK THE F.CKING BATHROOM DOOR because hey, 9:30 at night is an ideal time to take a long shower to them apparently >_>. They've been hogging it for 30 goddamn minutes, and some girl that was in there yelled at me when I banged on their door for the umteenth time.

I'm trying to go out and meet some people tonight, be more social and sh.t, so we'll see how that goes. One of the girls in my hall, who's friends with my roommate, told me "I barely ever see you out of your room, I hear your music and I see you leave for the gym, that's it" so I'm trying to dispel that a little bit tonight lol.

Alk
09-12-09, 11:16 pm
Squats today:

295x6
295x6
295x4
275x7
275x5
135x15 ATG

Fuck yeah, max is definitely above 300 now, not right at it.

Rest till Monday, when my routine will be back on the days it should be. For now, The Chronicles of Riddick is on tv...such an awesome sci-fi movie

Alk
09-17-09, 2:18 pm
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Alkaios

Shows my current max lifts. They're prob a little on the high side, but oh well.

Atm:

Bench: 181 lb (82.3 kg)
Squat: 328 lb (149.1 kg)
Deadlift: 262 lb (119.1 kg)

I got a 225x6 deadlift yesterday, but I might've had bad form. Looking it up and trying to make sure it's correct.

I joined a local Retro Fitness on Monday after Rowan's Rec center was closed for TWO DAYS for electrical problems. I have to walk about 20-30 min just to get there, but it's worth it. The whole campus is having electrical problems apparently, and I'm not going to let that and stupid trainers telling me not to drop the weights "too hard" get in the way of my workouts.

Alk
09-23-09, 5:06 pm
Sick =/

Gonna try and tough out a session at the gym though, going to get a checkup tomorrow. Threw up before I went to bed last night, and missed my classes for today, but I need to get outta my damn room lol.

Found out that Retro overcharged me $30 for membership stuff, so I gotta go there to take care of it anyway...

On Monday I moved up to 155 lb incline press for 4-6 reps...

Flat bench I moved up to 185 lb for 4 reps...which was awesome

Alk
10-05-09, 3:16 pm
I was sick for a whole week after that last post...shit sucked. Didn't go to the gym again till last Friday, but I had the privilege of working with one of the ex-bodybuilders at Man's World, Chad. He put me through his grueling 2 and a half hour shoulder/back routine, shit was CRAZY. He showed me this awesome variation of the standard 1 handed bar (the one you use for machine chest flies) that he made himself for the gym. It's basically a longer version of the rope you'd use for rope tricep pulldowns at the gym, but the handles are those small 1 handed bars, and they're attached to a somewhat long length of dog chain. It looks so BADASS, I love it...shame every gym doesn't have one lol.

He gave me a bodybuilding-esque workout to try, I'm supposed to report back to him when I come home again and show him my results.

Mondays
-Incline bench 4 sets of 20
-Standing BB shoulder press 4x10-15
-Incline flies 4x20,15,12,10
-Pec deck/cable flies 4x20
-Hammer curls 4x15,12,10,8 (each arm)
-Abs (any exercise, 5x20)

Tuesdays
-Bent over rows (bb or db) 4x20
-bent over rear delts 4x20
-seated cable rows 4x15,12,10,8
-Pullups till failure 4xclose,medium,far,close

Wednesdays
-light bike for 5 min
-squats 4x20
-leg extensions 4x25,20,15,10
-leg curls 4x20
-stiff legged deadlifts 4x20
-calves (3 of any machine/exercise, 3 sets of 25 on each)
-Abs (anything 5x20)

Thursdays
-EZ curl bar 4x20
-DB curls (standing) 4x20
-Hammer curls 4x20
-Cable pushdowns 4x20
-Dips 4x20
-Skullcrushers 4x20

Fridays
-Front raises (on machine or db's) 4x15,12,10,8
-Rear pulls (using rope for tricep pushdown) 4x15,12,10,8
-Side raises (DB or machine) 4x15,12,10,8
-Front presses 4x20
-db presses 4x20
-shoulder shrugs 4x20

Chad's a really nice guy, trained me and gave me a routine for free (when he normally charges people for that kind of personal training stuff). He also helps out the gym owner a lot, and he's at the gym almost everyday with his girlfriend. He's got veins similar to Wrath's too...they're insanely cool looking.

Today I'm taking my roommate and a really really pretty girl to the gym to try the Monday workout, extra motivation in the gym for today is fucking awesome

I only got 4 hours of sleep last night (was watching "Titanic" with that same really really pretty girl ^_^...and some friends lol), so I'm gonna take a nap.

Alk
10-11-09, 2:19 pm
Wednesday's workout was INSANE, It's Sunday and I STILL have trouble walking up and down stairs haha. I was only squatting with 175 at most, it was awesome. My roommate kept looking at me weird everytime I told him how amazing the workout felt lol, he only sees it as pain and suffering I guess.

Got really drunk Thursday night 3 or 4 hours after I lifted, fun times were had. Chad told me that hard liquor in moderation can improve vascularity, so I'll try to stay away from beer as much as I can now.

I was depressed for a few days this week, girl issues. Then after I was feeling better, my friends were joking around about suicide and it made me so fucking angry that I stayed away from them for the rest of that day. The one girl that was making most of the jokes said that her friend's been faced with that decision before, and she jokes about it because it "prevents it from scaring me". What? Dude, it's not fucking funny, ever. I've been down that path before, how the fuck would you feel if someone was making fun of your lowest point in life?

Ironically, I wanted to go out with that girl, but I can barely stand her atm. It's funny how one little thing can set you off sometimes, while other times you can shrug that shit off and keep liking a girl, or doing your job, or whatever it is.

My roommate went with me on Friday, left early because the shoulder exercises were bothering his right shoulder. He hasn't seen any progress losing weight (he's in the 240-220 range atm I think) and it's his own damn fault at this point. He doesn't want to eat better, citing how he "eats for taste", and he's inconsistent with how often he comes to the gym. I don't know why a month's worth of zero progress hasn't sunken into his head yet, but hopefully it will soon.

Took some progress pics when I woke up today, can't upload them yet, can't find the thing I use to bring them from my phone to computer.

Might be bringing friends to the gym this week, we'll see.

Alk
11-17-09, 2:03 pm
I've meant to update this more, but my mind's been elsewhere lately.

Last week I shrugged 205 pounds on a barbell for 8 reps. In September, I was having trouble doing 75 lb DB shrugs for 5 reps.

Yesterday I took 45 lb dumbells and did 20 DB bench presses with perfect form (slow on the way down, explode up) for the first time. On my first week of the program, I was doing 35 lbs x 20 at my heaviest.

Abs haven't come in much since I have been somewhat neglecting them at the gym. I know it's mostly diet n shit, but I haven't directly trained my abs much yet. I keep putting them to the side, I know I need them though...

I'll post progress pictures on bb.com and here soon, I keep forgetting to.

Next week is Thanksgiving, can't wait. I get to go back home, wrestle at my old high school, and lift weights at my favorite gym for a few days. Shit's gonna get REAL when I step on the mat haha, already have a friend or two that graduated that wanna wrestle me.

Lately I've been sleeping like shit, about to take a nap, eat when i get up, and head to the gym for rear delts.

Alk
12-03-09, 12:46 am
I got a new phone over the holiday break, so I'll post a progress picture soon. Hopefully I have time tomorrow, for ARMS DAY

I lifted with Chad and another big guy at the gym over the break, thanks to them I have a 135 lb BB seated shoulder press max, and a 315 BB shrug max. I've never even touched those weights before, so it feels awesome to break through barriers like that. Also did this awesome calf exercise Thursday morning:

20 standing calf raises (machine)
immediately after:
50 standing calf raises (machine, same weight). You're allowed a maximum 5 seconds of rest at any point in the lift, but I was STRUGGLING to move the 200 something I had put on there by the end.

Everyone that I knew at my gym kept commenting on my calves, feels so good to be appreciated.

At the Rowan gym:

Started laughing in the middle of my lift on Monday when some skinny guy walks up next to me (I was doing hammer curls with 40's at the time) with one of those half swiss ball things, stands on it, and starts doing bicep curls while balancing on ONE LEG. I would've helped him out, but last Tuesday he was using the space in the gym that I was doing bent over rows at to do some retarded ab exercise. He could've done it ANYWHERE else, but chose to take up my space in a nearly-empty gym.

Also saw a couple of somewhat skinny, somewhat ripped guys who thought the BB bicep curl and the EZ curl were a group exercise. I chuckled a little.

Leg day today was awesome. Hit 90 pounds on the seated leg curl...I think I was at 80 lbs last month. Don't feel like getting up and checking lol.

Probably going to the Jersey ABC this weekend, not sure yet though. Might have to do stuff for school...

Probably gonna go out partying tomorrow with my boy Mark. Because of juvenile, high school shit with some of my "friends" on my floor, they're not gonna invite me out anymore probably. Which is fine, they can do whatever the fuck they want, just feels bad when you think you know a group of people, but it turns out to be the opposite.

Alk
12-18-09, 2:42 am
I'm friends with Vinny on Facebook lol. Awesome.

Arms day was insane today, I could see a giant vein running up my biceps on each arm, they looked so sick. Winter break starts for me today, so I have a month to get big at my home gym. I can't wait.

EZ curls (full RoM, no halfway shit)
7.5's each side x20, 10'sx20, 15'sx20, 17.5'sx10 / 10'sx10

DB curls (standing)
15'sx20, 20'sx20, 25'sx20, 30'sx14 / 25'sx6

Hammer curls
20'sx20, 25'sx20, 30'sx10 / 20'sx10, 25'sx20

Tricep Rope pulldowns
30x20, 35x20, 25x20, 20x20

Dips
20, 11 regular / 9 on edge of a bench, 20 off edge, 11 / 9

Skullcrushers
10'sx20, 15'sx20, 20'sx20, 25'sx20, 30'sx14 / 25'sx6

And fuckdamnit, I will post a picture from the gym soon.

Alk
07-06-10, 9:42 pm
I haven't been here in awhile.

This guy Chad has been helping me out at Man's World and helped me make basic food decisions for the summer. I've learned how to use the grill/oven and it's awesome as shit being able to eat meat with almost all my meals. Drinking 2 quarts of Crystal Lite a day and take a regular multi, this cheap B complex multi from the supermarket (like $5 for 100 of them), and fish oil.

In the two months I've been back from school I've seen noticeable differences in how my back and delts. Also can see more veins and blue veins appearing on my chest. If my bodyfat was lower they'd pop out, oh well. Chad says I'm holding a lot less water now and that I've significantly improved appearance wise since the last time I posted here (the last time I was working out with him)

Apparently Universal Nutrition is coming to Man's World in a week or two? That's what the owner said, it's not an Animal event though so I'm confused.

~168 lbs today.