PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK: Real Gains New Flavor Beta Testers.

J-Dawg
04-01-09, 12:02 pm
This thread is for the Real Gains new flavor beta testers to place their feedback in. Congrats on getting picked to test out the newest flavor. Looking forward to your feedback. Please remember to not disclose the actual flavor when discussing the product.

mritter3
04-01-09, 12:04 pm
I cannot wait to get a preview of the new flavor....i am ready to oder it now...of course after i see what everyone else thinks.

Universal Rep
04-01-09, 12:08 pm
It is good. Really, really good. But don't let me bias you fellas, hahaha. Serious.

Maiden69
04-01-09, 12:54 pm
OK, here is what I thought about the new flavor.

Smell- The smell of the powder was very subtle but you can definitely tell what it is, it don't have that bitter flour smell that I get from my Banana. Once it is mixed, the smell is spot on, not strong and not soft.

Mixability- I always use a blender for most of my powders, and I wanted to get the best out of this test so I did. No clumps, everything was nice and smooth. I thought about doing the second serving in a shacker, but I have heard of people having a little trouble with the shakers and getting some clups, so I rather use a blender for this one.

Taste- I did my first one with 16 oz 2% milk, taste was good, but I noticed, that for a full serving of of 3.5 scoops, 16 oz was too much and the taste was a little soft. My second serving this morning was with 10 oz whole milk and 4 cubes of ice... I OMG, i wanted seconds! It was like a nice smoothie! The taste is great, very smooth, and to the point.

Price- Errr, I know this was a Beta testing sample, but there is a sale right now at bb.com buy 2 get 1, and I just got 3 tubs of banana in my house... I will love to get some of this too!!! Soon please!

I think that once again Universal has a solid flavor on their hands, and a great addition to the line up! I will order this flavor without hesitation with the current formula! I want to thank J-Dawg and the Animal-Universal crew for the chance to try out this new flavor, keep it up guys!

hardworkE
04-01-09, 1:11 pm
I have received my sample and will be giving a full review tonight/tomorrow after I take my final serving. More to come shortly...

Steel_Claddagh
04-01-09, 1:44 pm
My opinions on the new flavor

Smell- It smells like Jesus loves me when I opened it...lmao seriously, I thought it smelled very good! Hell, when I opened it, my kids were begging to taste it!! Blindfolded, you could never make me believe it was a protein powder.

Mixability- I figured I should start at the bottom and work my way up, I never seem to get good results using a shaker, so tried that first... but I was pleasantly surprised that I had no problems mixing it, clumps, etc. using just a shaker and skim milk. The sample mixed together with no issues whatsoever, and went down smoothly

Taste- Using 3.5 scoops and 10oz of skim milk, I found the taste to be, quite honestly, the best tasting protein powder I have had in a very long time!! I usually have to add PB, instant coffee, etc to get a good flavor in a shake. This one was delicious right outta the can with just milk!! No aftertaste to speak of either...

Misc.- My girl, BellaDiabla13, is cutting right now, and has been opening the jar and smelling it off and on since I got it. Says the smell of it cures her cravings! lol (she has issues...)

Summary- I think that Universal definitely has outdone themselves this time! We all know that if you had 10 protein powders labeled "Chocolate" you would get ten different flavors, most not your idea of chocolate...( just an example, no flavor hints ) This one, however, delivers as labeled!! It honestly is the best tasting shake that I have had in a very long time. My current staple protein powder is Universal Animal Max Chocolate, if this sample was available on the shelf, I would switch to it tomorrow without hesitation!!... Big thanks to J-Dawg and the Animal-Universal people for the chance to try out this new flavor !!

Extreme
04-02-09, 8:29 am
This has to be the WORST idea Universal has ever come up with b/c now, an already tight budgeted Animal has to somehow make room in that budget to fit this supplement in. This is BY FAR the BEST tasting protein I have had the privilage to partake of!!

First off, my initial thinking. I came home from work on Friday to find the box at my door. I immediately opened it and saw the name of the flavor on the sample tub and I immediately had something in my mind that I would be comparing it to, as far as taste went.

Next, the smell. I opened the tub and as soon as the smell hit my nose I began to salvate! Instant gradification and it took all I had not to try it right there and then. The worst part about that was I didn't have a w/o scheduled until Monday! And although the smell isn't overpowering it is fairly strong b/c after I opened the sample tub I could still smell the flavor for a good 20 minutes after the tub had been closed, but no complaining about that coming from me, just made me that much hungier for my next meal!

Mixability/Taste - I tried this a few different ways. First serving of this was done with about 12 oz. of water, in a shaker. The water was ice cold, and in the past I have seen that with many other protein powders the colder the water, the more clumps I seemed to have, no matter how much I shook it. With this flavor of Real Gains, NO CLUMPS!! I will say this though, I think I added a bit too much water b/c the flavor wasn't as strong as I would have liked it, but it still tasted excellent.

For the second serving I used 10 oz. of 2% Milk and mixed it up in the blender. I did this b/c no matter what protein product I've taken in the past I've always had some kind of clumping when I've mixed it with milk in a shaker, plus the flavor tasted so good with water I didn't want to ruin the experience of drinking it and having to chew through clumps, I wanted to enjoy my second serving. And the second serving was BETTER than the first! I highly recommend this flavor with milk, as opposed to water.

In my opinion this Real Gains flavor far exceeded my expectations and blew away the protein product I was comparing it to, and b/c it's Real Gains I knew it was far more beneficial for me than the other product. My only question now is, how long is it going to take to get this on the shelves?!?!?! I will not be satisfied until I have some more sitting in my pantry for my personal use.

I am truely appreciative to Animal/Universal for giving me the opportunity to try another great flavor in the already superb line of high quality products and hope they continue to smash down the competition for years to come.

Oh, and just a side note the April fools joke, about the pak being taken off the shelves was the CRUELEST joke EVER!!!! I started reading that and could feel my blood pressure rising, NOT COOL, NOT COOL, lol, but very well played out.

hardworkE
04-02-09, 9:37 am
Like everyone has said before me, after seeing what the flavor was I got extremely excited. This is one of my favorites.

My first serving was made with 10oz. of 1% milk and put in the blender. After throwing in about 3 ice cubes, my first shake was ready to test.

After I had the cup in front of me the first thing I noticed was the smell. Awesome. With this flavor it is hard to go wrong, but you guys definitely hit the nail on the head. The problem with this first serving is that I think I kept it in the blender too long and it got pretty foamy.

With the first few sips, the initial taste was great. Unfortunately, it was followed by a weird after taste. Maybe a little bit of an "egg protein" taste. Not sure what it was, it wasn't awful, but it wasn't blowing me away. Overall after the first test I would say that this product was good, and I would buy it to keep some variety with the Chocolate and Strawberry I have.

My second test went a lot smoother. 12oz of milk, no ice cubes. My first taste of this was awesome. No foam, and the taste finished smooth. I am a huuuuge fan of the Chocolate Real Gains and to me this was just as good, if not better. This is definitely an extremely marketable flavor and I think it will be a big hit. When I finished this shake I was left wanting more. Another great Universal/Animal creation.

Big thanks to J-Dawg, Universal/Animal, and everyone else for letting me be a Beta Tester, it was an honor. Can't wait for this product to hit the shelves...

mritter3
04-02-09, 10:07 pm
ok, i need to get my hands on this stuff soon. keep em coming

dannynb
04-03-09, 1:46 pm
My .02

Smell.....WOW, I was content in just smelling it....right on the money boys. Michelle even took a whiff and right away told me she wanted some.

Mix-ability... blender with water or milk.. no problemo. Now with about 16 oz of milk in a cup with a spoon... clumping but manageable.

Taste... let me say this, when I first read the flavor I was disappointed because I can't normally stomach this flavor, but surprisingly it tasted good and I liked it. Not a flavor I would normally buy but one I would get from time to time to break up the monotony.

Over all I liked it and think it's a good one to add to the Universal Real Gains line...so lets get this to production boys...got a crowd waiting.

Firefist
04-04-09, 1:39 am
ok, as promised, ima do an honest review on the product. and being the creative little critter i am, i decided to try a very fair way to judge the new real gains.....

i happened to have 3 samples of this particular flavor from the arnold classic from other companies, so i did a blind test with 4 blank shakers with the corresponding companies product taped to the bottom (thanks to my brother). so this way, i wouldnt know which one was which. thus making it pretty fair id say....

Smell of powder-For all being the same flavor, they sure had drastically different smells. All i can say is wow, real gains definitely got my appetite going. that distinct aroma was just too much for me to handle. OHHH SO RICH!!! The others didnt compare at all. The smell is just as the name suggests. its heavenly.
Real gains-4. A-3. B-2. C-1.

mixability-the last one that i drank was just terrible on the mixability part, but the other three were all very good. Real gains was ammong them, topping the list with another product, surpassing the third. Very impessed with this, i had expected a fair ammount of clumps, but not at all. I didnt need to pick at the bottom or sides with a chopstick that i had to do for the last 2. I didnt blend, because being a guy on the run all the time, i went with practicallity and the shaker. it went down smoothly, very happy with this.
Real gains-3. B-3. C-2. A-1.

taste- ok, the most important test, cause who wants to drink bad protien powder? my test had real gains as the second best tasting. it may have been my taste buds preference, who knows? I found the flavor to be like the real thing you buy in the supermarkets, though. i was very impressed. there was a VERY VERY slight aftertaste to it, but maybe it was normal in weight gainer formulas? the other products i compared to were just whey products mostly. the one that beat it out had a slightly sweeter flavor, and was a little less heavy. but considering there are other things than just the "average whey" ingredients in here, the heaviness didnt really apply.
B-4. Real gains-3, A-2. C-1

heres a new one...
Cleaning- i hate scrubbing excess protien that didnt mix, out of my shaker. its just a chore. luckily, the two that i picked for flavor were also easier to get to clean out. most all of it disolved, so not much to do but hot water, shake, pour out and rinse. on the last one, there were still dry clumps of protien on the sides (wtf). and sticky clumps on the bottom, so i needed a brilo pad.
Real gains-4 B-3 C-2, A-1

Total tally-
Real gains-14
B-13
A-7
C-6

And your winner by unbaised trail, is REAL GAINS. and even though the top two pulled ahead of the others and were close to each other, the fact that REAL GAINS is on sale for 2 for 1 right now, if this flavor comes out in time, it could end up like the citrus burst intra aid and get on that deal for all you fine folks!

Firefist
04-04-09, 1:43 am
Thanks Universal and Animal for the opportunity! So honored to be a part of this!

haha now speaking of that 2 + 1 deal, i also really want that citrus burst intra aid too!

J-Dawg
04-08-09, 10:22 am
Feedback is looking great in here.

Gambit
04-08-09, 10:33 am
All you fellas got me excited to try this new flavor...but I think strawberry will get envious of the new mistress! haha

Alk
04-12-09, 1:11 am
I finished the sample awhile back but I had no idea this thread existed! lol

Smell: AMAZING

Taste: A tad better then the powder I've been using...tasted somewhat like another brand's powder, but nonetheless solid

Mixing: I don't use a blender, I just make a big 'ol cup of it. Mixed like my other protein powders; most mixed but still had a lot to clean out of the cup after.

My Conclusion: Once I find a part-time job, I'm paying for a tub of either THIS amazing sh!t or some other flavor of Real Gains