PDA

View Full Version : The Chopping Block: Recipes from a Bodybuilding Chef

Pages : [1] 2

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 2:06 pm
Ok guys. Some of you know, some of you dont. I went to culinary school and was a classically trained chef for a good amount of time. I have since gotten out of it but retained a good amount of knowledge that i would be more than happy to share. Any questions or comments, send em my way. Ill also post up some awesome recipes as I see them too.

G Diesel
04-01-09, 2:08 pm
I'm in for the formula to make that which is bland and tasteless a joy to eat... Looking forward to gaining some knowledge, trunkz.

Peace, G

Aggression
04-01-09, 2:16 pm
I'm in for the formula to make that which is bland and tasteless a joy to eat... Looking forward to gaining some knowledge, trunkz.

Peace, G

Agreed.

After months of plain chicken breast dabbed with BBQ sauce and plain sweet potatoes, I'm in need of some good tricks to keep it interesting.

fenix237
04-01-09, 2:43 pm
TTL's, i was wondering if you could clear up confusion regarding cuts of beef. there are several cuts of beef that i thought were lean, but when i read the fat contant i was surprised how fatty they were. if you could give us some recommendations of cuts of red meat and simple healthy recipes in preparing them, that would help a lot of us out!

i appreciate any idea and info!

thnx! -BRP

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 3:24 pm
Agreed.

After months of plain chicken breast dabbed with BBQ sauce and plain sweet potatoes, I'm in need of some good tricks to keep it interesting.

Well to touch on that brother. Hit the chicken with any ms. dash. They now have marinades that are low cal and no sodium. Hit it with your favorite veg and cut it into strips. Use a light amount of EVOO and saute everything together. Serve it over brown rice. One of the biggest misconceptions is that everyone has to eat plain chicken, plain turkey, plain beef. Check out your local supermarket and pick up spices, and few seasonings. Spices are all natural and most dont have calories, sodium, or fat. The only time i pull all that is the 2 weeks prior to my show. Hot sauce and Mustard are my saviors during show season. Sweet potatoes can me stacked up with cinnamon for one, which adds great flavor, you can always add a little splenda or your sugar or choice to sweeten them up a bit. I like to mash mine and hit it with some white pepper and a small amount of salt. No harm there brother. Peel em, boil em, mash em. Remember to always start with cold water with any root veg.

McFly
04-01-09, 3:42 pm
after cooking up a delicious meal, how can I make my dishes vanish like they do on those cooking shows??? hahaha I really hate cleaning up after cooking!

looking forward to what you might bless us with....sign me up for some bulk cooking simple but tasty recipes.....I like to cook once and make it last a few days....

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 3:47 pm
TTL's, i was wondering if you could clear up confusion regarding cuts of beef. there are several cuts of beef that i thought were lean, but when i read the fat contant i was surprised how fatty they were. if you could give us some recommendations of cuts of red meat and simple healthy recipes in preparing them, that would help a lot of us out!

i appreciate any idea and info!

thnx! -BRP

Sure brother. Ok i know theres SO many different cuts of beef and it does get confusing. Remember, 99% lean beef does not always equal 99% lean chicken breast. The % is obviously the % of fat to calories. If the beef has 200 calories, and the chicken has 100 calories. The fat could both be 99% lean but the beef would still have more fat. But ok moving on .. Lean Cuts of meat in order :

Eye Round
Top Round
Round Tip
Top Sirloin
Bottom Round
Top Loin
Tenderloin

Obviously you can cut that down alot by just trimming off the fat before you cook it, Stick to dry cooking measures such as baking, broiling, roasting, braising or/and grilling.

ghost
04-01-09, 3:49 pm
after cooking up a delicious meal, how can I make my dishes vanish like they do on those cooking shows??? hahaha I really hate cleaning up after cooking!

looking forward to what you might bless us with....sign me up for some bulk cooking simple but tasty recipes.....I like to cook once and make it last a few days....

ooooo i want to know the answer to that one too! I usually just hand em to the wife. haha.

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 4:01 pm
Great Beef recipes :

Oriental Beef and Broccoli with noodles
Ingredients:
1 1/4 lb boneless beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
Oriental Type Seasoning
1 lb. Whole Grain Spaghetti
2 tsp plain flavor protein isolate (replaces cornstarch if you don't plain flavor isolate)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 lb broccoli florets
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon grated orange rind (optional)

Directions:
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine Oriental seasoning from ramen noodles with isolate and 1/2 cup water in large bowl. Add beef; toss. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 1 minute. Add noodles and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove; keep warm. Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Stir-fry half of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until outside of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with orange rind.

-- McFly. This serves four, so in our case probably two. Double or triple the recipe to get bigger batches of things.

Crockpot Chicken and Chili

Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound of beef tips (stew meat)
16 oz can of chili beans, not drained
14 oz can of dark red kidney beans
14 oz can of black beans
16 oz jar of mild salsa
2 diced tomatoes
1 diced bell pepper
16 oz tub of fat free sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese - Fat free

Method
Brown ground chicken and steak tips (stew meat). Drain well and place in
crock pot. Add all ingredients except sour cream. Allow to cook on low
for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Before serving add entire 16 oz
tub of sour cream to crock pot. Serve hot and top with cheddar cheese.

--Nice and easier and sure filling. That right there is a serious bulk food.

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 4:03 pm
McFly - heres another you might like.

Grilled Chicken Parm -

2 pounds thin cut chicken breast, cutlets
Salt and pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
28-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese
1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced

Heat outdoor grill to high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to keep it from sticking. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side and transfer to a foil covered platter to hold. While chicken cooks, make sauce. Place a medium pot on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and chopped onions. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes and heat through, 2 minutes. Wilt in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Preheat the broiler to high. Layer the chicken with fire roasted sauce in a casserole dish. Top the casserole with Parmigiano and mozzarella. Brown the casserole under the broiler 3 minutes.

McFly
04-01-09, 4:10 pm
thanks bro!

that chilli and the chicken parm looks on point....might be time for me to mix it up the kitchen this weekend....

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 4:18 pm
Ill be adding more daily brother. This is something that i was not so passionate about to work for, ad the industry is full of bosses who dont know salt from pepper and reep all the benefits of the hard work back of house guys. But its a big hobby i guess you can say. Once summer comes, you better believe im grilling all night homie. We should have an outdoor ABC event haha and have massive amounts of food at all times. I also like to bake too, so once im off season ill have some good shit around. Keep this thread on lock. Big things.

dannynb
04-01-09, 4:19 pm
Damn...gonna have to try those....

Last year when dieting down for my shows....spices and seasonings helped out ALOT. I learned to get really creative. Looking forward to seeing what ya post up bro.

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 4:27 pm
Damn...gonna have to try those....

Last year when dieting down for my shows....spices and seasonings helped out ALOT. I learned to get really creative. Looking forward to seeing what ya post up bro.

Yes sir. Thats one thing many guys miss out on. They think only bland plain chicken. Man spices, hot sauce, and mustard, keep me alive. I dont know if i could do it with plain everything. The two weeks alone when everything is cut is bad enough. Thanks for stopping by brother.

Aggression
04-01-09, 4:28 pm
that chilli and the chicken parm looks on point....might be time for me to mix it up the kitchen this weekend....

x2 on that McFly. I'm definitely going to be cooking up some of that chili.

dannynb
04-01-09, 4:47 pm
Yes sir. Thats one thing many guys miss out on. They think only bland plain chicken. Man spices, hot sauce, and mustard, keep me alive. I dont know if i could do it with plain everything. The two weeks alone when everything is cut is bad enough. Thanks for stopping by brother.

No prob...I'm def tuned to see what ya got up under your sleeve.

fenix237
04-01-09, 4:49 pm
excellent TTL's- getting hungry just reading those recipes!!! i look forward to visiting this sight for more good stuff!

ghost
04-01-09, 4:51 pm
Crockpot Chicken and Chili

Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound of beef tips (stew meat)
16 oz can of chili beans, not drained
14 oz can of dark red kidney beans
14 oz can of black beans
16 oz jar of mild salsa
2 diced tomatoes
1 diced bell pepper
16 oz tub of fat free sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese - Fat free

Method
Brown ground chicken and steak tips (stew meat). Drain well and place in
crock pot. Add all ingredients except sour cream. Allow to cook on low
for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Before serving add entire 16 oz
tub of sour cream to crock pot. Serve hot and top with cheddar cheese.

--Nice and easier and sure filling. That right there is a serious bulk food.

Looks like i know what is for dinner. this sounds amazing!!

Thanks for posting all of these up brother!

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 5:11 pm
I just noticed i put ground chicken in the ingredient list and ground turkey for making it. In reality you can use either!

GJN5002
04-01-09, 6:12 pm
hey treetrunks, any suggestions on a zero to low carb meal I could make that my girlfriend would also eat. She puts up with me dieting and Id like to cook a dinner we both could enjoy. thanks bro

IronWilson
04-01-09, 7:29 pm
how about good ways to prepare fish?

C.Coronato
04-02-09, 9:22 am
hey treetrunks, any suggestions on a zero to low carb meal I could make that my girlfriend would also eat. She puts up with me dieting and Id like to cook a dinner we both could enjoy. thanks bro

Zero to low carb is certainly hard brother, but believe it or not there are many choices. What would you like, chicken, tilapia? Give me a main ingredient and i can give you a few brother.

C.Coronato
04-02-09, 9:34 am
how about good ways to prepare fish?

Fish -- Ok when im on season, i use steak seasoning from Ms. Dash, a small amount of chile powder, then spread yellow mustard over the top. You dont change the nutrient value much and the flavor is great -- I use that for tilapia, but it would be great for any white, light fish.

Off season -- Man i cant wait to try this one i just found it the other day.

Salmon -

Ingredients

1 cup mango nectar
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets with skin
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter

Directions

In a small saucepan over high heat, bring mango nectar and mango to a boil. As mango begins to break down, press down on it with a fork or potato masher, to mash it. Continue cooking until mango cooks down to form a chunky puree, about 15 minutes. Remove half to serve as a sauce. Set the other half aside for dredging. On a large plate, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt.Preheat a large skillet. Season salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brush glaze over top of salmon, then dredge in cornmeal mixture. Add oil and butter to skillet. Over high heat, sear salmon cornmeal mixture face down until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, flipping halfway through to crisp skin.

C.Coronato
04-02-09, 9:37 am
Heres another pretty good off season but pretty healthy Tilapia dish

Cooking Spray
4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron pan with spray. Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. Season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes.

C.Coronato
04-02-09, 9:40 am
Off Season Salmon - But again very healthy

Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin and any pin bones removed
1 tablespoon olive oil

Coat your grill or a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. While the grill is heating, combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Brush each salmon fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of the oil, then rub each fillet with about 1/2 tablespoon of the spice mixture. Grill the salmon, flesh side down, until charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook another 5 to 6 minutes for medium doneness. For well done fish, cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve immediately.

GJN5002
04-02-09, 10:17 am
Zero to low carb is certainly hard brother, but believe it or not there are many choices. What would you like, chicken, tilapia? Give me a main ingredient and i can give you a few brother.

How about chicken, Im so sick of bland, boring chicken. I need to spice it up so I can look forward to eating it.
thanks

C.Coronato
04-02-09, 10:30 am
How about chicken, Im so sick of bland, boring chicken. I need to spice it up so I can look forward to eating it.
thanks

Sure brother. Chicken is great because there are no carbs in it. Heres a few my man :

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
Shaker of Lemon-pepper seasoning
2 table spoons of butter
half a fresh lemon* optional

In a skillet melt butter to cover bottom of pan. (Optional)*add some fresh lemon juice with butter this will give the chicken a more lemony taste.
Sprinkle Lemon-pepper seasoning over chicken until desired taste is aquired. Yes this is a taste test recipe. -- 2 carbs per serving

Chicken Dijon

4 boneless chicken breasts with or w/o skin
3 Tablespoons olive oil (or any oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons white wine
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard

Heat oil in a skillet; then add the minced garlic and cook, stirring often for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken breasts and saute until browned. In a separate bowl, mix wine, soy sauce and mustard. Pour generously over the chicken. Cover and cook until done. Spoon the sauce over the chicken when serving, or pour extra sauce into small dipping dishes to serve. - 1 carb per serving

And if your bulking - Another Chicken Chili

2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 3/4 cups chicken stock
1 small bunch scallions (five or six) chopped
4 ribs of celery - diced fine
1/4 cup red bell pepper - diced
1 clove of garlic -chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
1 can (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilis (I use Rotel brand)
1 cup water
grated Parmesan cheese for garnish

Turn your slow cooker on and let it heat up while you prepare the vegetables.

Sauté the scallions, celery, and bell pepper in the butter. Add the chicken and cook just until the color begins to turn. Combine the chicken stock, canned tomatoes, water, garlic, cumin and chili powder in the warm slow cooker and add the chicken and vegetables. Stir once to blend. Cover and cook on high for one hour, then turn the heat to low for 4-5 hours. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese -- 3 carbs per serving

J-Dawg
04-02-09, 10:42 am
Got some good recipes in here treetrunk. Definitely subbed to see what you've got cooking up for us (no pun intended, lol).

IronWilson
04-02-09, 11:36 am
Those fish recipes look incredible, especially the one for in season. Thanks man. Your education definitely did not go to waste.

Wasteland
04-03-09, 3:45 pm
This thread might become invaluable.

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 3:58 pm
Quinoa - (keen-whah) Great Carb source and whole grain. Awesome taste and very dense. Give it a shot.

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 dash fresh lemon juice (optional)

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa, and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 3:58 pm
This thread might become invaluable.

What makes you say that?

Wasteland
04-03-09, 4:00 pm
What makes you say that?

I can see a lot of good information being passed around here, especially with your background and expertise. We, as lifters, are always looking for ways to add some spice to our meals.

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 4:01 pm
I can see a lot of good information being passed around here, especially with your background and expertise. We, as lifters, are always looking for ways to add some spice to our meals.

OH. My mistake, i thought you meant like NOTvaluable. My mistake. Thank you brother. Im going to try to update with new decently clean recipes a few times a day!

Wasteland
04-03-09, 4:02 pm
OH. My mistake, i thought you meant like NOTvaluable. My mistake. Thank you brother. Im going to try to update with new decently clean recipes a few times a day!

Sorry if I threw you for a loop. Yes, this looks like it will become a very popular thread indeed. New recipes are always appreciated. Also, many good recipes here too: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

JUGGERNAUT
04-03-09, 4:04 pm
Considering I could ruin a PB&J I'm all eyes..... Thanks!

J-Dawg
04-03-09, 4:07 pm
TTL, we may need you to cater some of the ABCs. These recipes are off the charts.

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 4:10 pm
Considering I could ruin a PB&J I'm all eyes..... Thanks!

I LOVE PB&J. I cant wait to have one after my show. Seriously. I may go out to eat and order one.

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 4:21 pm
TTL, we may need you to cater some of the ABCs. These recipes are off the charts.

Sounds good to me!

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 4:37 pm
Sounds good to me!

Are you paying for the food?

JustinL
04-04-09, 3:37 pm
I love to cook, but just don't have enough recipes. This has definitely helped. I think I might make that chicken parm for dinner tonight.

Thanks for the goodness.

C.Coronato
04-06-09, 9:23 am
Are you paying for the food?

I dont believe i make enough money in a month to be able to pay for the Animalistic hunger.

I love to cook, but just don't have enough recipes. This has definitely helped. I think I might make that chicken parm for dinner tonight.

Thanks for the goodness.

Nice! Let us know how it goes!

C.Coronato
04-06-09, 9:28 am
12 ounces whole-wheat lasagna noodles (15 noodles)
16 ounces lean ground beef (90 percent lean or higher)
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 ounces portobello mushrooms, diced (about 3 large mushroom caps)
4 cups marinara
15 ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cook the noodles al dente according to the directions on the package. Drain them well then lay out on waxed paper to prevent them from sticking to each other. Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate, discarding any fat remaining in the pan. Add the oil to the same pan and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated and they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pan. Stir in 2 cups of the tomato sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. In a medium bowl combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, the salt, the pepper and nutmeg. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top, touching but not overlapping. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Add another layer of noodles. Top with half the beef-mushroom mixture. Repeat with another layer of noodles, then remaining cheese mixture, more noodles, then remaining beef mixture and finally 1 more layer of noodles. Top the final layer of noodles with the remaining sauce, then sprinkle with the grated cheeses. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.

McFly
04-06-09, 9:34 am
when are you going to start your mail order business!!! I need some of this food delivered...I wanted to cook up some tasty food last night but was exhausted after training so i just threw some chicken on the grille as usual and called it a meal!

C.Coronato
04-06-09, 9:40 am
McFly. I have actually been contemplating doing that for locals. Hell bro ill pack it up and ship it out if someone is really interested.

Gambit
04-06-09, 10:20 am
McFly. I have actually been contemplating doing that for locals. Hell bro ill pack it up and ship it out if someone is really interested.

Oh snap!

Big Wides
04-06-09, 7:12 pm
subbed for this thread....quality food and good eats is what its all about

andrewT
04-07-09, 7:46 pm
subbed for this thread!

two q's

if I fry chicken, but don't put any oil in and let it fry in it's own juices that is obviously worse than grillin it right?

Also, what fish would you say is the leanest/tastiest in your opinion. I am going to costco this weekend to get some plain bulk fish and do not know what to get. I am pretty sick of salmon (unless it is sashimi that is!) so what do you suggest?

C.Coronato
04-08-09, 4:40 pm
You need to put something in pan or else it is going to be a sticky mess .. If its not breaded you can still use a spray pam and cook it in a pan thats cool.

And Tilapia brother. Cheap and super lean.

Mr. Dead
04-08-09, 4:49 pm
This is a VERY BAD and NAUGHTY thread for me to be looking at, right now... Show me more!!! *LOL*

andrewT
04-08-09, 8:13 pm
You need to put something in pan or else it is going to be a sticky mess .. If its not breaded you can still use a spray pam and cook it in a pan thats cool.

And Tilapia brother. Cheap and super lean.

Thanks bro!

your expertise is appreciated!

C.Coronato
04-09-09, 3:50 pm
Make this in advance when your on the run. Throw it in the micro and eat it on the way. Throw some meat in there to up it even more.

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups baby spinach leaves
3 whole eggs, plus 4 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
3/4 lb red potatoes, peeled and shredded
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
Directions

Preheat the broiler. Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source. In a large, nonstick frying pan with a flameproof handle, heat 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and cook until it wilts, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set the frying pan aside.In a bowl, whisk together the whole eggs and egg whites. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Set aside.Return the frying pan to medium heat and heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the bell pepper and the potatoes and cook until the potatoes begin to brown but are still tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.Spread the potatoes in an even layer in the pan. Spread the spinach evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with the basil. Pour in the beaten eggs and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Cook until slightly set, about 2 to 3 minutes.Carefully place the pan under the broiler and broil until the frittata is brown and puffy and completely set, about 3 minutes. Gently slide onto a warmed serving platter and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.

C.Coronato
04-09-09, 3:55 pm
These look damn good.

1/2 cup flax seed - ground it via coffee bean grinder
3 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup splenda
2 egg whites
1-1/2 cups protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup whole flax seeds

Preheat oven to 350-degrees and lightly grease your muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat together bananas, oil, Splenda and egg whites. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean

Mr. Dead
04-09-09, 3:59 pm
I really hate this thread... *Drool...*

C.Coronato
04-13-09, 4:20 pm
2 cups of quick oats
1 cups of baking Splenda
6 scoops of Just Whey Chocolate or Vanilla
1 tbsp. of baking soda
¼ cups of almond-flavored sugar-free coffee syrup
16 egg whites
½ cups of almond butter
1 cups of unsweetened applesauce (or substitute 1 cups of ground apple instead)
½ cups of slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 325°F degrees. Mix first four dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Mix the syrup, eggs, almond butter and unsweetened applesauce in separate bowl with blender. Blend until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients into the bowl, blending constantly on low until completely blended. Spread ingredients evenly onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes.

C.Coronato
04-13-09, 4:24 pm
2 cup of quick oats
8 scoops of Just Whey Vanilla
1 cup of baking Splenda
¾ cup of chopped walnuts
¼ cup of sugar free vanilla coffee syrup
½ cup of unsweetened choc chips (or semi sweet)
16 egg whites
½ cup of unsweetened applesauce (or substitute ½ cups of ground apple instead)
4 ripened and smashed bananas
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. of baking powder

Preheat oven to 325°F degrees. Mix first three dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Smash the four ripe bananas in another bowl and then add the eggs, unsweetened applesauce, sugar free coffee syrup, baking soda, baking powder and Splenda with a blender. Blend until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients into the bowl, blending constantly on low until completely blended. Slowly add Choc Chips and stir by hand so you dont break up the chips. Spread ingredients evenly into two medium sized bread pans that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 325°F for 50-55 minutes.

C.Coronato
04-13-09, 4:28 pm
2 cups Quick Oats
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
8 oz. of ground/chopped Almonds
1/2 cup of Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1 cup almond butter.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Spread ingredients evenly onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour - 1 ½ hours. Halfway through baking time, turn granola over in pan and break up in pieces.

xMATT182x
04-14-09, 4:33 am
Got any good tuna recipes bro?

C.Coronato
04-14-09, 10:22 am
I used this one for a while :

1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
2 cans tuna
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Balsamic vinegar
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Mix it all up and eat. Thats good eats.

Here is another :

Tuna Cakes

1 can tuna
1 egg
1 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon grainy mustard
1/4 cup EVOO
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 romaine heart, cleaned
2 small tomatoes, sliced

In small bowl, mix tuna and egg together and season to taste. Add mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix together. Form tuna mix into two small cakes and set aside. Make dressing by mixing mustard, olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste. Add olive oil to a small frying pan and place tuna cakes in pan over medium heat. Cook to golden brown on both sides. Dress romaine with mustard dressing. Place tomatoes on plate, put romaine on tomatoes and the tuna cake on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing.

Throw it on some whole wheat buns for some solid carbs.

Offerstoff
04-14-09, 3:20 pm
Hey man, you have any good ideas to use the remains of a chicken or turkey carcass after carving it? I hate wasting all those bones when I know they can go for something good, just can't figure out what.

C.Coronato
04-14-09, 3:46 pm
Sure brother. make your own stock! Put all the bones in there fill it up with water, throw in some carrots, onions, and celery, salt pepper and let it boil. Season to taste. Strain when you like the taste, and there ya go! You just made your own low sodium chicken stock.

From there you can make soups, broths, or many sauces.

mritter3
04-14-09, 3:53 pm
ttl, thanks for posting that lasagna recipe...making it this weekend.

C.Coronato
04-14-09, 3:59 pm
Nice let me know how it goes brother.

xMATT182x
04-15-09, 3:38 am
I used this one for a while :

1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
2 cans tuna
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Balsamic vinegar
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Mix it all up and eat. Thats good eats.

Here is another :

Tuna Cakes

1 can tuna
1 egg
1 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon grainy mustard
1/4 cup EVOO
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 romaine heart, cleaned
2 small tomatoes, sliced

In small bowl, mix tuna and egg together and season to taste. Add mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix together. Form tuna mix into two small cakes and set aside. Make dressing by mixing mustard, olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste. Add olive oil to a small frying pan and place tuna cakes in pan over medium heat. Cook to golden brown on both sides. Dress romaine with mustard dressing. Place tomatoes on plate, put romaine on tomatoes and the tuna cake on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing.

Throw it on some whole wheat buns for some solid carbs.

Thanks man, these sound amazing! I'll let you know how they are!

C.Coronato
04-15-09, 1:56 pm
Could be good for a carb up snack :

6 cups puffed brown rice,

3 T flax seed oil

1 T orange blossom honey

4 cups mini marshmallows

3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds

1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries

1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries

1/3 cup dried blueberries

Lightly coat the inside of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch metal pan with oil and set aside. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the brown puffed rice evenly on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. While the rice is toasting, prepare the marshmallow mixture. Place the oil, honey, and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water. Stir until the marshmallows are melted, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Once the marshmallows are melted, quickly add the toasted brown rice, almonds, and fruit and stir to combine. Coat your hands or a spatula with oil and spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Once the mixture has cooled completely, cut into squares and store in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.

C.Coronato
04-22-09, 10:26 am
OK so i made a homemade granola for my brother over the weekend. He was eating some shit stuff and he has been making some great advancements to his overall health, so i wanted to help some more.

8 cups oats mixed with 1 cup water and 1/3 cup agave honey, dash of vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon, spread it on a cookie sheet with sides and Put it in the oven at 250 for 40 minutes and let it all soak together.

Mix 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup chopped almonds, 1/2 cup wheat germ, 1/2 cup flax seeds, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup veg oil, 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate, and 4 scoops of Just Whey vanilla protein.

Mix that whole mixture with the oats once you pull them out and have crunched up a bit. Spread it out on a cookie sheet again with sides. Put it back in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.

Pull it out and throw some raisins, craisins, dry fruit, pretzels, whatever you want. Let it sit and get fully crunchy and bag it up.

He now has a very healthy, low sugar fresh granola.

C.Coronato
04-22-09, 10:33 am
sweet potato, unpeeled,washed,and dried
salt & freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 200°F with two racks, Line two baking pans with parchment paper, and set aside. Slice potato crosswise, as thin as possible (use a mandolin if you have one) Arrange the slices on the prepared sheets, and keep them from touching as much as possible. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for 50 minutes. Slices will dehydrate and shrink; turn chips over, and rotate baking sheets if needed for even cooking. Cook until slices are crisped and fluted around the edges and the centers are still orange, not brown, 30 to 40 more minutes. Transfer to cooling racks, and cool chips on baking sheets. (Chips will be soft when removed from oven and will crisp as they cool.) Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, up to 3 days.

Aggression
04-22-09, 11:20 am
Definitely might give them chips a shot tonight. I have to cook some more SP's anyway, this sounds like a good change of pace.

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 9:55 am
Subbed...this stuff is awesome TTL...keep 'em comin.

C.Coronato
04-28-09, 11:02 am
3 large sweetpotato, chop up into large chunks, add 1/2 cup of fat free milk, microwave for 15 minutes in glass cassarole dish. Take 6 chicken breasts and pan fry with PAM. Season, and add in 1 small can chopped olives, 3 tbs of sun dried tomatoes.

batter:
1/4 c oats
1/4 c corn meal
1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 c fat free milk
2 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt

~Mash yams and spread evenly along bottom of cassarole dish. Top with minced garlic
~Spread chopped chicken breast mixture on top
~pour batter over everything
~Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min.

Clean and bulking. nice.

mritter3
04-28-09, 12:01 pm
hey TTL that lasagna was great, making the black bean and chicken chili tonight.

C.Coronato
04-28-09, 1:26 pm
Good shit ritter. I cant wait to have some turkey chili in the off season. Thats my deal right there.

Soldier
04-30-09, 10:30 pm
That chili looks great TTL. Making it this weekend!

ern_r6
05-06-09, 10:32 pm
looking foward to checking out some recipes...

C.Coronato
05-07-09, 10:30 am
Yo fellas. I'm moving. To find my latest recipes, you can now go to: www.universalusa.com

Go to the following: THE EATING > Seasonings

I'll post recipes there but we can use this thread for questions and for any suggestions you fellas might have. Thanks for reading.

weedlewott
05-10-09, 1:46 am
Damn well better believe i'm about to his up both of those when I get home. I was tired of the plain assed dieting while I was there. Got out here, and decided to take advantage of the free food so started bulking. Put on 20lbs out here. haha. good clean mass too. Great stuff man. Thank you.

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 10:58 am
Thanks WW.

Anybody looking for anything? Questions or comments or requests?

Wasteland
05-13-09, 11:27 am
Thanks WW.

Anybody looking for anything? Questions or comments or requests?

I saw the new column on www.UniversalUSA.com. Very nice and I like the way the section was divided into three types of recipes. How often will you update the recipes?

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 11:29 am
They will be updated every few days. I just submitted a few today and they will go up soon i hope. Thanks for checking it out brother.

fatbackgoal
05-15-09, 10:06 am
I am curious if anyone has tried to bake their own ezekial bread? I found a recipe online and may try it this weekend.

G Diesel
05-15-09, 10:22 am
I am curious if anyone has tried to bake their own ezekial bread? I found a recipe online and may try it this weekend.

What up big fella? I eat Ezekial bread with my eggs all the time... Never thought of trying to make it from scratch though. Seems like a lot of work bro. Haha. Hit us with the recipe, as I know Ezekial bread is popular with a lot of the brothers on the FORVM. I'm intrigued to know how it turns out for ya.

If anyone would know how to bake such an obscure delicacy, or provide you with some guidance, it would be my boy TTL.

Peace, G

mahscles
05-17-09, 10:07 am
i know it isn't exactly something a chef really thinks about too often in the recipe area but do you have any ideas on how to make my tuna taste like something besides wood?

mahscles
05-17-09, 10:13 am
definitely looking forward to trying this food.

Big Wides
05-17-09, 12:46 pm
Well since your done dieting for a little bit, what is up your sleeve for say desserts? Like cakes, cookies, browines and all that good weight packing stuff

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 10:50 am
i know it isn't exactly something a chef really thinks about too often in the recipe area but do you have any ideas on how to make my tuna taste like something besides wood?

Ya man i posted a good tuna one a while back, ill throw another few up for sure.

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 10:50 am
Well since your done dieting for a little bit, what is up your sleeve for say desserts? Like cakes, cookies, browines and all that good weight packing stuff

Man Wides i made these UNREAL cookies for after the show, ill throw them up on the universal site.

mritter3
05-19-09, 1:42 pm
hey treetrunk congrats on all the shows' success, starting project C, was wondering if you got some tasty low carb or no carb meals for us that are trialing it....thanks man.

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 1:44 pm
Thanks and Sure brother. Ill get some for you ASAP. Look for it at "Seasonings" on UniversalUSA.com.

Pravus
05-19-09, 1:57 pm
I'm getting hungry reading this thread! haha. Time to eat!

Universal Rep
05-19-09, 2:03 pm
Thanks and Sure brother. Ill get some for you ASAP. Look for it at "Seasonings" on UniversalUSA.com.

Nice... Love the recipe page ya got goin' on the Universal web page, TTL... Very useful.

B Con
05-19-09, 7:09 pm
In There Like Swim Wear! Just saw this and can't wait to make some of these

C.Coronato
06-02-09, 10:15 am
There are a few new recipes up for you fellas. Anything else your looking for?

soulspline
06-03-09, 6:19 am
ill try one of your dish heheh ill make it here :)

C.Coronato
06-10-09, 4:55 pm
whats going on fellas, any ideas or wants for recipes?

Big Wides
06-10-09, 9:47 pm
whats going on fellas, any ideas or wants for recipes?

What do you have for say like Summer BBQs....any type of rib rib, steak, or say like an all day type pork roast cooking?

C.Coronato
06-11-09, 3:06 pm
I like where your heads at Wides. Ill get on it.

Mr. Dead
06-11-09, 3:09 pm
BBQ rubs and sauces!!!

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 1:16 pm
BBQ rubs and sauces!!!

*Bump...* I'm hungry... *LOL*

fatbackgoal
06-18-09, 5:24 pm
Does it matter which whey you use in the recipes? I am curious if certain types would lose their properties. I currently have Ultra-Whey.

LegendKillerJosh
06-18-09, 5:44 pm
Can I ask you trunklegs...How can I use fresh garlic more in my diet? I'm a garlic fanatic, I put garlic powder on steaks and potatoes, and I get fresh garlic and dice it and crush it and sprinkle that on steaks too. Is there a good way of preparing cloves of garlic for eating?

Mr. Aestheticz
06-18-09, 5:47 pm
How Do You Make A Pb+j Sandwich?

...easy!!!

ldwithb
06-18-09, 6:55 pm
What up TT? Nothing like the Friendly's in LI after the ABC last week huh?

DrewskiPHX
06-25-09, 5:35 pm
i work as a chef in a small cafe at this one gym, and recently I came up with a freking fantastic quesadilla. Im sure this would help anyone bulk, but not for anyone on a diet

what you wiill need:
pesto - go to costco and buy some its 7 bucks
chicken - go to my post on recipes for madness
firery ranch sauce- 1/2 ranch dressing 1/2 franks red hot sauce
red onion
cheese- I use 1 slice american 1 slice cheddar and 1 slice swiss

step 1 - cut up onion or buy it already cut up
stp 2- cook chicken- chicken needs to be 160 degrees farenheight to be considered done
step 3 - chop chicken into cubes
step 4- put tortilla on pan or flat top or grill
step 5 immediately cut cheese into 4 square and place evenly on tortilla
step 6- combine chicken, pesto, and onions on another pan with maybe a small amount of evo
step 7, after 1 minute put the chicken pesto mixture onto the tortilla, it should be cooked already
step 8. add firery ranch sacue and fold over

done! enjoy!

nawaaz
06-26-09, 11:11 am
I was just wondering, I've seen that in a few recipe books - how good is low fat yogurt as a marinade on chicken?

sreyes1091
07-10-09, 8:59 pm
This is perfect. I am just starting with body building so I am trying to learn as much as I can about nutrition and now having cooking ideas? Hell yeah!

71bbo455
07-12-09, 5:52 pm
TTL

I am doing my first cut and for my carb sources I know to use sweet potatos. However, is there a difference between the nutrtional content of a regular Idaho style and a red potato? I have some red potatos left and don't want them to go to waste. I know regular potatos aren't as good a carb source but not sure about reds.

C.Coronato
07-13-09, 10:22 am
Does it matter which whey you use in the recipes? I am curious if certain types would lose their properties. I currently have Ultra-Whey.

I dont think it would really matter, most would be ok. I usually use Just Whey.

Can I ask you trunklegs...How can I use fresh garlic more in my diet? I'm a garlic fanatic, I put garlic powder on steaks and potatoes, and I get fresh garlic and dice it and crush it and sprinkle that on steaks too. Is there a good way of preparing cloves of garlic for eating?

Garlic is absolutely great for you brother. Your best bet is to get it diced in a big jar. Take a spoon of that into some oil and onions and use it as a nice sauce for anything. Saute your veg in there and throw it on top of eggs, chicken, steak, fish, ect, ect .. its endless!

How Do You Make A Pb+j Sandwich?

...easy!!!

9 grain bread, natty PB, only fruit spread ..

What up TT? Nothing like the Friendly's in LI after the ABC last week huh?

Ahh that was great brother ahha.

i work as a chef in a small cafe at this one gym, and recently I came up with a freking fantastic quesadilla. Im sure this would help anyone bulk, but not for anyone on a diet

what you wiill need:
pesto - go to costco and buy some its 7 bucks
chicken - go to my post on recipes for madness
firery ranch sauce- 1/2 ranch dressing 1/2 franks red hot sauce
red onion
cheese- I use 1 slice american 1 slice cheddar and 1 slice swiss

step 1 - cut up onion or buy it already cut up
stp 2- cook chicken- chicken needs to be 160 degrees farenheight to be considered done
step 3 - chop chicken into cubes
step 4- put tortilla on pan or flat top or grill
step 5 immediately cut cheese into 4 square and place evenly on tortilla
step 6- combine chicken, pesto, and onions on another pan with maybe a small amount of evo
step 7, after 1 minute put the chicken pesto mixture onto the tortilla, it should be cooked already
step 8. add firery ranch sacue and fold over

done! enjoy!

Nice bro thanks.

I was just wondering, I've seen that in a few recipe books - how good is low fat yogurt as a marinade on chicken?

Just plain low fat yogurt or other things added to it?

This is perfect. I am just starting with body building so I am trying to learn as much as I can about nutrition and now having cooking ideas? Hell yeah!

Where here to help brothers.

TTL

I am doing my first cut and for my carb sources I know to use sweet potatos. However, is there a difference between the nutrtional content of a regular Idaho style and a red potato? I have some red potatos left and don't want them to go to waste. I know regular potatos aren't as good a carb source but not sure about reds.

How far out are you in a cut? Are you doing it just to do it, or for a show ect?

71bbo455
07-13-09, 10:07 pm
TTL,

I'm only a few days in. I'm doing it just to do it. I don't have enough bulk to go to a show. I might want to do that in a few years though. If you want take a look at my journey for the whole story. http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26587

Thanks.

C.Coronato
07-16-09, 4:30 pm
I know all of you Iron Contest winners are dieing for foods. Let me know what your thinking?

Mr. Dead
07-16-09, 5:44 pm
I know all of you Iron Contest winners are dieing for foods. Let me know what your thinking?

BBQ rubs!!!

Ironjaw
07-16-09, 7:20 pm
lemme ask ya for a quick favor, whether you already wrote a good recipe in this thread of got a few ideas to spit at me... i got some really good angus slab steak that i dont wanna screw up when i cook it up tomorrow. if you dont mind tossin a bone my way so i can get this done right, i would be most thankful....

C.Coronato
07-17-09, 4:39 pm
BBQ rubs!!!

Ill get them up, i have been compiling them, i didnt forget about u brother.

lemme ask ya for a quick favor, whether you already wrote a good recipe in this thread of got a few ideas to spit at me... i got some really good angus slab steak that i dont wanna screw up when i cook it up tomorrow. if you dont mind tossin a bone my way so i can get this done right, i would be most thankful....

Are you cutting? Bulking? Doesnt really matter .. ?

C.Coronato
07-17-09, 4:44 pm
Marinate it over night in this :

1 can consomme
3 ounces soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 clove minced garlic
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 grated fresh ginger

Let is sit over night. Throw that shit on the grille and indulge. Dont over cook it as thats then it gets dry, dont be scared to cut it open and check the middle.

NJC_Manhattan
07-17-09, 5:14 pm

1 can consomme
3 ounces soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove minced garlic
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 grated fresh ginger

Let is sit over night. Throw that shit on the grille and indulge. Dont over cook it as thats then it gets dry, dont be scared to cut it open and check the middle.

Yep that sounds tasty

NJC_Manhattan
07-17-09, 5:14 pm
Too bad I can't have it.....

Ironjaw
07-17-09, 5:38 pm

1 can consomme
3 ounces soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove minced garlic
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 grated fresh ginger

awesome thanx .... and no doesnt matter lol

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 1:16 pm
Anything new that you fellas are thinking about? Dreaming up of fancy dishes or lovely concoctions ? Mr. Dead, your rubs should be up my man.

Aggression
07-24-09, 1:45 pm
Anything new that you fellas are thinking about? Dreaming up of fancy dishes or lovely concoctions ? Mr. Dead, your rubs should be up my man.

Anyway to make a meal consisting of Buffalo wings and pizza so that its OK for contest prep?

Ironjaw
07-24-09, 2:57 pm
Yo Bro those steaks were killer .... so damn tender .... you gotta be king of the recipe lol

OklahomaMuscle
07-24-09, 3:05 pm
Anyway to make a meal consisting of Buffalo wings and pizza so that its OK for contest prep?

x2 I think A's onto something here...

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 3:22 pm

x2 I think A's onto something here...

Haha both you guys need to suck it up and wait until November. Thats how you have pizza and wings for contest prep!

Yo Bro those steaks were killer .... so damn tender .... you gotta be king of the recipe lol

Good shit brother, glad you enjoyed them.

Tartaglia
07-24-09, 4:10 pm
Curious, what do you think oif mashed potatos for bulking. What are some things i can add to it, other then the milk and butter?

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 4:51 pm
Curious, what do you think oif mashed potatos for bulking. What are some things i can add to it, other then the milk and butter?

Yo brother. For sweet mash i add cinnamon and some white pepper. Solid. For white mash i would say salt pepper garlic. You can also add cheese ect. But i would say for bulking add butter milk and such brother!

fatbackgoal
07-26-09, 10:02 pm
TTL,

Do you have any suggestions for how I can cook my flounder on Rage's cutting diet for the contest? Currently I just sprinkle garlic salt and place in the steamer.

Thanks

toobigfred
07-29-09, 12:30 pm
Greatest thread ever!! I was thinking about going to culinary arts school. You say that you never liked working under stupid bosses. Are there a lot of them? I am a great cook already. Think I could get a decent job as one without the schooling. I Really dont need it,but is it required to get a decent job.

C.Coronato
07-31-09, 11:55 am
TTL,

Do you have any suggestions for how I can cook my flounder on Rage's cutting diet for the contest? Currently I just sprinkle garlic salt and place in the steamer.

Thanks

I would say any herb and seasonings would be wonderful, check out all of the Mrs. Dash as they are sodium and calorie free. I cooked alot of my fish with dill and lemons. Nice and refreshing!

Greatest thread ever!! I was thinking about going to culinary arts school. You say that you never liked working under stupid bosses. Are there a lot of them? I am a great cook already. Think I could get a decent job as one without the schooling. I Really dont need it,but is it required to get a decent job.

Yo brother. I would say school is 100% good man, its good to have that degree, now a days anyway. You want to find a restaurant that the owner is also the executive chef, they have much more appreciation for their younger cooks.

Mr. Dead
07-31-09, 11:59 am

Eagerly waiting... *LOL*

Tartaglia
07-31-09, 2:50 pm
recipe to make my disgusting boring eggs good?

ryan23
07-31-09, 3:05 pm
I like to put mine in oats and blueberries cinnamon natural pb and some walden farms syrup, i also like to fry them with green beans and mustard with onion flakes..i like the taste, or you can just put some cinnamon and sweetner blend them for fluf and bake them in a pan at 375 for about 15 minutes top with some almond or peanutbutter you're good to go

C.Coronato
08-03-09, 11:56 am
Eagerly waiting... *LOL*

They have been up already brother :

http://www.universalusa.com/eating/articles/seasonings.cfm#offseasonclean

recipe to make my disgusting boring eggs good?

Ahh good old eggs. Ya i will throw some up on the universalusa.com site brother.

I like to put mine in oats and blueberries cinnamon natural pb and some walden farms syrup, i also like to fry them with green beans and mustard with onion flakes..i like the taste, or you can just put some cinnamon and sweetner blend them for fluf and bake them in a pan at 375 for about 15 minutes top with some almond or peanutbutter you're good to go

Great recipe. Thanks man.

Mr. Dead
08-03-09, 12:08 pm
They have been up already brother :

http://www.universalusa.com/eating/articles/seasonings.cfm#offseasonclean

Ah... I'll have to check when I get home... It's listed as a streaming site, here at work, and is blocked... Thanks!!!

C.Coronato
08-06-09, 2:36 pm
Whats up fellas. Any news on dieting? Questions/thoughts?

IronWilson
08-07-09, 2:19 pm
treetrunklegs,

I figured I'd ask you this...

I have been making a whey protein brownie/muffin/whatever:
-2 scoops whey
-1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
-1 egg
-1/4-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-optional splenda
(microwave for 1:00-1:30.)

My question is, what is your take on baking powder? In a small amount, will it do damage to a physique, despite being such a small amount of carbs?

Also, do you know of anything you could add to this to make it sweeter without unneeded calories?

C.Coronato
08-18-09, 4:00 pm
treetrunklegs,

I figured I'd ask you this...

I have been making a whey protein brownie/muffin/whatever:
-2 scoops whey
-1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
-1 egg
-1/4-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-optional splenda
(microwave for 1:00-1:30.)

My question is, what is your take on baking powder? In a small amount, will it do damage to a physique, despite being such a small amount of carbs?

Also, do you know of anything you could add to this to make it sweeter without unneeded calories?

Damn, my mistake man, i have missed this, i dont know how. Baking soda is ok in small amounts. Especially that small of an amount. And there is any artificial sweetener that doesnt have the cals but have the sweetness. Splenda, or any of the others are ok. Honestly, i sometimes use brown sugar, just because it is a good sweet and you dont need to much. If you are not competing to go on stage, small amounts are ok.

NaturallyPumpd
08-27-09, 6:15 pm
12 ounces whole-wheat lasagna noodles (15 noodles)
16 ounces lean ground beef (90 percent lean or higher)
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 ounces portobello mushrooms, diced (about 3 large mushroom caps)
4 cups marinara
15 ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cook the noodles al dente according to the directions on the package. Drain them well then lay out on waxed paper to prevent them from sticking to each other. Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate, discarding any fat remaining in the pan. Add the oil to the same pan and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated and they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pan. Stir in 2 cups of the tomato sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. In a medium bowl combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, the salt, the pepper and nutmeg. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top, touching but not overlapping. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Add another layer of noodles. Top with half the beef-mushroom mixture. Repeat with another layer of noodles, then remaining cheese mixture, more noodles, then remaining beef mixture and finally 1 more layer of noodles. Top the final layer of noodles with the remaining sauce, then sprinkle with the grated cheeses. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.

I am definately down for this and the grill chick parm. Whats the serving size on the lasagna because I live with 5 other people and I was wondering what the ingredients proportioned for that large of a dish. I always prepare my lunch for the next day from what we eat for dinner that day before so there is always alot of food being cooked everyday. Thanks bro

NaturallyPumpd
08-27-09, 6:32 pm
I have a few suggestions, and depending on if your on or off your season I am not to sure who would like to try some of my main dishes.

Two fajita variations:

1st
Skirt steak or thin cut steak(I make 5 lbs average depending on how many ppl I have over for dinner)
Peppers(yellow, green, orange, red)
Onions
Sour cream
Quacamole
Brown rice(optional)

Prep: Put your steak, peppers, and onions in a skillet and cook everything to your liking. When its all ready to be eaten, Heat up a tortilla for 15-20 seconds so its not to hot, this allows you to stretch it around all your toppings. Load it up, wrap it and have at it. This is on of my favorite dishes, and man I can down about 3 for dinner. Let me know what you think.

2nd
Chicken fajita
2-3 lbs of chicken
32 oz block of Mexican style velveeta
Brown rice
Sour cream

Cook the chicken breast in a pan, let cool for awhile. While the chicken is cooling, melt the cheese in the same pan, when chicken is cooled enough, shread it and mix in with your melted cheese. Now your ready to eat. So heat your tortilla the same way for 15-20 seconds, and load it up with your toppings and your ready to eat.

I am not to sure if these are the healthiest of meals but they dam sure do taste great, If anyone gets a chance to try these variations let me know what you think, or if you have suggestions for me also let me know maybe I'll be trying some of your favorite recipes.

C.Coronato
09-02-09, 1:35 pm
I am definately down for this and the grill chick parm. Whats the serving size on the lasagna because I live with 5 other people and I was wondering what the ingredients proportioned for that large of a dish. I always prepare my lunch for the next day from what we eat for dinner that day before so there is always alot of food being cooked everyday. Thanks bro

Honestly i would say 2-3 lol.

C.Coronato
09-14-09, 5:00 pm
Whats up fellas, its been a while, whats everyone looking for?

Soldier
09-20-09, 5:41 pm
Whats up fellas, its been a while, whats everyone looking for?

This has probably already been covered in here, but as I type I have orange roughy on the grill right now, just plain. Any ideas on how to liven it up for someone on a cut?

C.Coronato
09-21-09, 9:37 am
This has probably already been covered in here, but as I type I have orange roughy on the grill right now, just plain. Any ideas on how to liven it up for someone on a cut?

Sure man, thats easy .. any fish recipes would be ok .. clean marinades that is .. lemon and dill .. salt and pepper .. basically and spice/seasoning combo that you like would be cool. I like Old Bay a lot, as well as Sazon. Good stuff.

andrewT
09-23-09, 9:54 pm
Hey Bro first off just saw your vid deadlifting on youtube! your a beast!

anyways since I have been hearing alot of stuff about costco tilapia being a mercury machine I want to buy some fresh fish and do a nice recipe on the BBQ. I am not even training right now, haven't been for 2 months due to a major back injury. I was thinking something like swordfish or something. I love sushi (raw fish) but hate cooked stuff like salmon, etc. The only decent cooked fish I like is Tilapia because it is quite tasteless

so throw me a nice recipe for a nice chunk of fresh fish to entertain myself with the Q before it starts to snow.

thanks bro!

C.Coronato
09-24-09, 10:29 am
Yo my brother, have you checked out my recipes on UniversalUSA.com? I have some on there with fish. Ill throw some more up for sure my man.

andrewT
09-24-09, 11:52 am
Yo my brother, have you checked out my recipes on UniversalUSA.com? I have some on there with fish. Ill throw some more up for sure my man.

No I will though for sure.

What fishes do you recommend are lean and tasty? is swordfish one of them? I have been dying to try it just for the hell of trying swordfish lol

andrewT
09-25-09, 2:36 pm
By the way Treetrunk. I want to try some of your granola recipes and such that involve throwing protein powder in. I read everywhere that heating up whey denatures it and ruins its properties therefore making it useless

is that true?

Soldier
09-28-09, 10:21 pm
Sure man, thats easy .. any fish recipes would be ok .. clean marinades that is .. lemon and dill .. salt and pepper .. basically and spice/seasoning combo that you like would be cool. I like Old Bay a lot, as well as Sazon. Good stuff.

Thanks bro, it worked out fantastic.

C.Coronato
09-30-09, 4:01 pm
No I will though for sure.

What fishes do you recommend are lean and tasty? is swordfish one of them? I have been dying to try it just for the hell of trying swordfish lol

Good good, if you think of anymore that you want, then thats great.

Swordfish is great, as are most if not all fish. The obvious best are Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia .. ect, but you really cant find a fish you shouldnt eat, its all very good for you my man.

By the way Treetrunk. I want to try some of your granola recipes and such that involve throwing protein powder in. I read everywhere that heating up whey denatures it and ruins its properties therefore making it useless

is that true?

Andrew. I believe i have heard those common misnomers as well, but i do not believe them. Protein is in anything, and your still digesting it. You will be ok.

Thanks bro, it worked out fantastic.

Great brother, im glad.

andrewT
09-30-09, 7:22 pm
Good good, if you think of anymore that you want, then thats great.

Swordfish is great, as are most if not all fish. The obvious best are Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia .. ect, but you really cant find a fish you shouldnt eat, its all very good for you my man.

Andrew. I believe i have heard those common misnomers as well, but i do not believe them. Protein is in anything, and your still digesting it. You will be ok.

Great brother, im glad.

thanks bro!

I can't wait to try some of this shit out!

C.Coronato
10-12-09, 11:17 am
Whats up fellas. What you guys looking for during the off season winter bulk?

C.Coronato
10-21-09, 4:01 pm
Whos looking for new things fellas!

Pizzalamp
10-21-09, 4:13 pm
Whos looking for new things fellas!

low-no sugar sloppy joes plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hardworkE
10-21-09, 4:55 pm
Honestly, the quicker things can be made the better.

I look to make clean food that I can prep as fast as possible and is hard to screw up. Cooking is my least favorite part of bulking, by far. The less time I spend in the kitchen, the better. What do you have that fits? Or anything that you can throw in a pan and pop in an oven(that way the meat doesn't have to be prepped separately)?

C.Coronato
10-22-09, 4:45 pm
low-no sugar sloppy joes plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ill look into the vault for that one .. give me some time lol.

Honestly, the quicker things can be made the better.

I look to make clean food that I can prep as fast as possible and is hard to screw up. Cooking is my least favorite part of bulking, by far. The less time I spend in the kitchen, the better. What do you have that fits? Or anything that you can throw in a pan and pop in an oven(that way the meat doesn't have to be prepped separately)?

Ahhh good old casseroles. Ill throw some up bro, the best and and easiest way to grow. Ill let you in on some culinary secrets of the unknown lol.

I would stock up on hamburger helper. That shit is cheap and its full of cals. I would get a package of ground turkey which i think usually was a lb or a little more than a lb. That would be two servings to one box of hamburger helper. Mix it all together in one pan and bam two huge meals. The bigger the pan you have the more you can make.

Yes i know what your saying, didn't you go to Culinary school? Yes, i did. But life is expensive and i gotta grow. Ill show you some good homemade ones too my brother.

Dingo
10-22-09, 4:50 pm
I use alot of 90/10 hamburger meat, its the leanest they sell at SAMS, i brown it up in the fry pan, then i toss it a colander to drain the drippings off. My question is, does taking time to rinse the meat after that help to make it any leaner as far as getting more grease off or am I just wasting time?

EDIT: Also whats your take on agave nectar?

FarBeyondDriven
10-22-09, 10:22 pm
My favourite time to eat... Breakfast!
Any ideas to start the day a bit differently to the same old oats and eggs?

C.Coronato
10-23-09, 9:36 am
I use alot of 90/10 hamburger meat, its the leanest they sell at SAMS, i brown it up in the fry pan, then i toss it a colander to drain the drippings off. My question is, does taking time to rinse the meat after that help to make it any leaner as far as getting more grease off or am I just wasting time?

EDIT: Also whats your take on agave nectar?

Your still getting much of that fat. If your not cutting i would not worry to much about it. Its incorporated in the meat when it gets ground. Its not that bad for you at moderate doses.

Agave is a great natural sweetener .. im a fan!

My favourite time to eat... Breakfast!
Any ideas to start the day a bit differently to the same old oats and eggs?

Sure bro, ill find some recipes and throw them up on the universalusa.com site. I did have a few but ill do some more.

C.Coronato
10-28-09, 5:17 pm
http://www.universalusa.com/eating/articles/seasonings.cfm#offseasondirty

Some updates my brothers.

What else?

prowrestler
10-28-09, 5:21 pm
ok

you know those cheap steaks...inside round or wtv, you get like 4 in a pack, each is like 200ish grams.

any easy reciepes and ways to make them awsome? lol

NJC_Manhattan
11-02-09, 8:49 pm
Yo buddy. This thread is great. I gotta question for you.

It's cold and soup is great.

Any thoughts for some healthy non MSG soup?

Pizzalamp
11-02-09, 9:37 pm
ttl-im having issues making omlettes

ill usually use 6 eggs and i take my cold pan and spread a good amount of oive oil in it
then when its heated i pour the eggs in and i keep pushing the edges of the omlette and lifting it slightly so the runny egg goes under
but then i have trouble with the middle of the omlette sticking to the pan!
then ill put my veggies on one half after i flip it
but i tried putting the veggies into the omlette one time and it just made the omlette collapse and stick to the pan

how do u make a good omlette?

thanks!

C.Coronato
11-11-09, 4:00 pm
ok

you know those cheap steaks...inside round or wtv, you get like 4 in a pack, each is like 200ish grams.

any easy reciepes and ways to make them awsome? lol

yea bro, they best way is to let them marinate in a good ass marinade for at least 24 hrs. Then grille. Very simple brother.

Yo buddy. This thread is great. I gotta question for you.

It's cold and soup is great.

Any thoughts for some healthy non MSG soup?

Sure i can throw up some Soup recipes. Any homemade soup shouldn't have MSG in it, as its simply a preservative.

ttl-im having issues making omlettes

ill usually use 6 eggs and i take my cold pan and spread a good amount of oive oil in it
then when its heated i pour the eggs in and i keep pushing the edges of the omlette and lifting it slightly so the runny egg goes under
but then i have trouble with the middle of the omlette sticking to the pan!
then ill put my veggies on one half after i flip it
but i tried putting the veggies into the omlette one time and it just made the omlette collapse and stick to the pan

how do u make a good omlette?

thanks!

Well thats all practice brother. To make a really good omelet, butter works the best .. throw in some veggies and let them cook fully, then add the eggs, let it cook until the rims on the outside are done, then you can start moving it around. Your best bet is a smaller pan and not as many eggs.

prowrestler
11-11-09, 4:06 pm
thanks man. anything you'd reccomend for marinades?

im very um...booring in the kitchen lol, fancy = old elpaso tacos..

C.Coronato
11-11-09, 4:14 pm
thanks man. anything you'd reccomend for marinades?

im very um...booring in the kitchen lol, fancy = old elpaso tacos..

Yea man no problem, ill find some good ones for sure.

BobbyB11
11-18-09, 1:44 pm
I got a question regarding Tilapia. I have a bunch of frozen tilapia filets that I want to cook, but all at once. I probably have 5-7 of them. Any reccomendations on cooking other than breadcrumb and planko/panko. Also how long after I cook them can they remain in the fridge and still be good to eat. Thanks in advance.

C.Coronato
11-18-09, 1:58 pm
I got a question regarding Tilapia. I have a bunch of frozen tilapia filets that I want to cook, but all at once. I probably have 5-7 of them. Any reccomendations on cooking other than breadcrumb and planko/panko. Also how long after I cook them can they remain in the fridge and still be good to eat. Thanks in advance.

Yo bro if you dont want to use breadcrumbs or panko you can simply grab some herbs and spices, mix in some olive oil and lemon. Put them on a sheet pan and put everything over the top, throw it in the over at 350, cook until they flake.

I used to keep mine for 4-5 days or so. Just go by smell/look. ANd the gelatin that forms is normal.

BobbyB11
11-19-09, 11:00 am
Thanks, I appreciate your help.

braves561
12-04-09, 11:45 pm
All these recipes look awesome. Can't wait to make some of them this week!

Thanks!

C.Coronato
12-07-09, 1:38 pm
All these recipes look awesome. Can't wait to make some of them this week!

Thanks!

Cool bro. No problem.

Anyone else looking for some new ones?

C.Coronato
12-22-09, 11:49 am
Whats up fellas? Looking for anything good?

StayGold
12-22-09, 12:31 pm
Whats up fellas? Looking for anything good?

Hey TTL,

You have any suggestions for breakfast? Looking for something to break up the monotony of eggs and oatmeal a couple days a week. haha

Kryptonite
12-25-09, 6:54 pm
What are some of your preferred herbs and spices?

I have a pretty large variety of them in my cabinets, but I never got around to experimenting with them. What would go well with foods like chicken, potatoes, rice, y'know, the bland stuff.

DA GOVNA
12-25-09, 7:04 pm
old bay and mrs dash are my favorites. Watch the sodium in the old bay though, Mrs. Dash doesn't have any

C.Coronato
12-28-09, 2:02 pm
Hey TTL,

You have any suggestions for breakfast? Looking for something to break up the monotony of eggs and oatmeal a couple days a week. haha

Yea man absolutely ill throw some up on my universalusa.com blog asap.

What are some of your preferred herbs and spices?

I have a pretty large variety of them in my cabinets, but I never got around to experimenting with them. What would go well with foods like chicken, potatoes, rice, y'know, the bland stuff.

Thats pretty much it man, experiment and see what you like. I tend to stick with things like rosemary, garlic, Italian, ect. But yea as GOVNA said, im actually a huge fan of Old Bay.

old bay and mrs dash are my favorites. Watch the sodium in the old bay though, Mrs. Dash doesn't have any

Good call.

Kryptonite
12-30-09, 8:00 am
Sounds good. Thanks, guys.

fatbackgoal
12-30-09, 8:49 am
TTL,

Was able to get some whole turkeys for a good price and was wondering if you had any ideas for something that would fit with Rage's cutting diet?

Thanks

Kryptonite
02-04-10, 4:33 pm
Yo, TTL. I got a pretty big problem concerning grains...

I just can't eat them plain anymore and it's driving me crazy. I've been forcing it down my throat for the past week now, I'm finally fed up (literally).

I was wondering if there was anything I could throw in to grains such as oatmeal, brown rice, and quinoa. Especially quinoa! I may be over cooking it, but it tastes like water and some form of rotten vegetable.

Just note that I follow a pretty strict caveman diet, so if you have anything that'll fit into that category I would really appreciate it.

C.Coronato
02-04-10, 4:46 pm
TTL,

Was able to get some whole turkeys for a good price and was wondering if you had any ideas for something that would fit with Rage's cutting diet?

Thanks

Hey man, im sorry i never saw this. I would say just roast the whole thing, with some spices .. check out like any Ms Dash stuff. Rub it around the whole thing, and throw it in a pan at like 325 for 3 hours or so. Its hard while cutting, you dont get much goodies.

Yo, TTL. I got a pretty big problem concerning grains...

I just can't eat them plain anymore and it's driving me crazy. I've been forcing it down my throat for the past week now, I'm finally fed up (literally).

I was wondering if there was anything I could throw in to grains such as oatmeal, brown rice, and quinoa. Especially quinoa! I may be over cooking it, but it tastes like water and some form of rotten vegetable.

Just note that I follow a pretty strict caveman diet, so if you have anything that'll fit into that category I would really appreciate it.

Enlighten me on what you can and can not eat in the caveman diet?

Kryptonite
02-04-10, 9:14 pm
Enlighten me on what you can and can not eat in the caveman diet?

To be honest, in the position I'm in... I'll make exceptions. If you have anything to offer on the subject, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to keep the calories to a minimum.

I want to mask the taste of the grain, if that's possible.

C.Coronato
02-05-10, 10:21 am
To be honest, in the position I'm in... I'll make exceptions. If you have anything to offer on the subject, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to keep the calories to a minimum.

I want to mask the taste of the grain, if that's possible.

ok cool. Ill have some recipes up on universalusa.com as soon as possible brother.

Kryptonite
02-06-10, 8:16 am
ok cool. Ill have some recipes up on universalusa.com as soon as possible brother.

Alright, I'll be looking forward to them. Thanks, bro.

Wingman
02-15-10, 10:00 am
hey TTL im kinda new here and was jus checking things out...recipes look awsome gonna havta try some of them. Anyway my pre workout meal is normally 2 pieces whole wheat bread and 4-5 Tbs of all nat peanut butter and post workout will be can of tuna with whey protein shake in whole milk...hav any suggestions on changes i should make?

pharmdteague
02-19-10, 7:12 pm
do you happen to have a good recipe for some chicken enchiladas i have a definite craving......hopefully something simple........por favor (thank you)

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 1:44 pm
Alright, I'll be looking forward to them. Thanks, bro.

Absoltuely. I just drew them up and sent them over. They should be up today or tomorrow.

hey TTL im kinda new here and was jus checking things out...recipes look awsome gonna havta try some of them. Anyway my pre workout meal is normally 2 pieces whole wheat bread and 4-5 Tbs of all nat peanut butter and post workout will be can of tuna with whey protein shake in whole milk...hav any suggestions on changes i should make?

Hey brother. Welcome. What are your main goals? Lose weight, gain weight? Ect.

do you happen to have a good recipe for some chicken enchiladas i have a definite craving......hopefully something simple........por favor (thank you)

Hey brother, i just drew one up, and emailed it over. Itll be over on my Universalusa.com blog very soon. Thanks for checking it out man.

Wingman
02-22-10, 11:32 pm
Yo TTL my goal is to gain muscle mass...I have a solid workout program so i jus need a solid pre and post workout meal and the rest i got covered

pharmdteague
02-23-10, 3:31 pm
Treetrunk not sure if that question was directed to me...Goals are to gain I was up to 215 then life got hectic dropped to 205...I'd love to cut for summer but I like being in the 200s so definitely just some tastey gaining enchiladas with good healthy carbs and protein.. tastey and healthy...

thanks bro......jt

Absoltuely. I just drew them up and sent them over. They should be up today or tomorrow.

Hey brother. Welcome. What are your main goals? Lose weight, gain weight? Ect.

Hey brother, i just drew one up, and emailed it over. Itll be over on my Universalusa.com blog very soon. Thanks for checking it out man.

BadCoonAss
02-23-10, 8:17 pm
What about Paprika? I do know how to cook but never trained formally. I season my fish (usually deep water white fish, aka tuna, flounder, grouper, red snapper, red fish, or speckled trout) with evoo, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and a healthy coat of paprika like I would blacken it then grill it until it starts to flake apart. Delicious! I am lucky because I'm in south Louisiana and close to the Gulf of Mexico so I can catch or get fresh seafood year round. This works well with chicken also.

C.Coronato
03-22-10, 10:12 am
Yo TTL my goal is to gain muscle mass...I have a solid workout program so i jus need a solid pre and post workout meal and the rest i got covered

Pre i love a good PB and J on good bread and half a Proteon Bar. Good stuff. Post anything fast carbs. I usually go with Torrent and then maybe some white rice and chicken.

Treetrunk not sure if that question was directed to me...Goals are to gain I was up to 215 then life got hectic dropped to 205...I'd love to cut for summer but I like being in the 200s so definitely just some tastey gaining enchiladas with good healthy carbs and protein.. tastey and healthy...

thanks bro......jt

Sure brother, they are up on universalUSA.com

What about Paprika? I do know how to cook but never trained formally. I season my fish (usually deep water white fish, aka tuna, flounder, grouper, red snapper, red fish, or speckled trout) with evoo, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and a healthy coat of paprika like I would blacken it then grill it until it starts to flake apart. Delicious! I am lucky because I'm in south Louisiana and close to the Gulf of Mexico so I can catch or get fresh seafood year round. This works well with chicken also.

Ahh thats great man. Great recipe thank you!

C.Coronato
03-24-10, 5:24 pm
Back on track. Whos looking for what??

msktyshha
03-25-10, 1:54 pm
hey treetrunk, Time has come that I am now low on a budget, mostly on the go, and more determined than ever to gain some serious muscle mass, That's why i am going to follow this sweet advise from the article "big on a budget" which is Sandwich Simplicity.

My preferred protein choices are fish,chicken,eggs,cheese,peanut butter and beef. I need your help in getting ready six different sandwiches.

C.Coronato
04-06-10, 11:50 am
Hmm sandwiches, i mean there is not much for recipes. Simply grab bread and throw some shit on it:

Cheese steak
Tuna Salad
Chicken Salad
PB and Jelly
Grilled Chicken
Egg Salad
Chicken and Veggies
Beef and Veggies
PB and Bananas

If you want to get big, simply eat 2-3 of them.

msktyshha
04-07-10, 11:37 am
hmmm egg salad....do you have any special recipe for egg salad?? Also i have a question on bananas, are they a good source of carbs, like how oats are. Do bananas have complex carbs or simple carbs?

C.Coronato
04-07-10, 11:47 am
Sure here is a basic one:

4 eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 red onion, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon. Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.

And bananas are simple carbs, where oats are complex. But both are great carb choices.

sunny_max
04-25-10, 7:46 pm
hey brother...i had a few questions for you.....

1) i am not a big fan of chicken but i like fish a lot and i eat it a lot.....but when i cook and store it...it usually forms like a gelatin substance at the bottom which i usually try to separate it off......is that something to worry about?......i usually cook for 3-4 days in advance tops.......

2) and i usually go with tilapia....and sometimes salmon when i can afford it....is there any fish i can susbtitue with tilapia just for the heck of it....to keep things interesting.....like cheap and good taste?

3) since salmon is pink fish is it a susbstitute for red meat on occasions?

4) i usually fry my fish in a spoon of olive oil/pound of fish.....and add salt and pepper to it....what kinda seasonings can i add to increase the taste and not increasing the cooking time and stuff?....can you suggest a couple of quick recipes?

thnx in advance bro!

C.Coronato
05-03-10, 11:32 am
hey brother...i had a few questions for you.....

1) i am not a big fan of chicken but i like fish a lot and i eat it a lot.....but when i cook and store it...it usually forms like a gelatin substance at the bottom which i usually try to separate it off......is that something to worry about?......i usually cook for 3-4 days in advance tops.......

2) and i usually go with tilapia....and sometimes salmon when i can afford it....is there any fish i can susbtitue with tilapia just for the heck of it....to keep things interesting.....like cheap and good taste?

3) since salmon is pink fish is it a susbstitute for red meat on occasions?

4) i usually fry my fish in a spoon of olive oil/pound of fish.....and add salt and pepper to it....what kinda seasonings can i add to increase the taste and not increasing the cooking time and stuff?....can you suggest a couple of quick recipes?

thnx in advance bro!

1 - The Gelatin is normal. Just scrape it off and discard, not a big deal, i do the same thing cook for the week in advance.
2 - There are a few that can be substitued, Red Snapper, Flounder, Orange Roughy
3 - I wouldnt say it directly replaces red meat, but it is certainly good to have some of each.
4 - Seasonings, man there are so many - Old Bay, Seasoned Salts, any fresh or dried herbs :: dill and lemon :: Garlic Basil and Thyme :: Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic, Oregano :: Honestly go to the store and start smelling lol. Thats a great way to throw shit together.

Wingman
05-03-10, 5:16 pm
hey big mane! how can i amp up my animal cookies with a little more protein and keep the carbs and fat the same?

sunny_max
05-05-10, 10:54 pm
sure do appreciate the info brother....flounder hmmm never had that.....might give that a shot! thnx!

theharjmann
05-06-10, 5:49 am
We should have an outdoor ABC event haha and have massive amounts of food at all times.

thats actually worth flying to the US for methinks!

C.Coronato
05-06-10, 9:17 am
hey big mane! how can i amp up my animal cookies with a little more protein and keep the carbs and fat the same?

You can add a scoop of protein, but you are going to have to add more water to get the same consistency. You would have to play with it, im not sure the exact numbers for that one my man.

sure do appreciate the info brother....flounder hmmm never had that.....might give that a shot! thnx!

Awesome. Enjoy!

thats actually worth flying to the US for methinks!

Haha, hopefully we can get one going!

Wingman
05-06-10, 3:39 pm
any solid food i can add? without worrying about the calories or macros?

C.Coronato
05-07-10, 10:18 am
any solid food i can add? without worrying about the calories or macros?

I mean everything is going to cals its just pretty much what you want to add .. For instance adding Natty PB or Natty Almond Butter would add some good fats in there .. Raisins would add some carbs .. I have actually had chicken and oats before and i like it, maybe try cutting the chicken up real small and throwing it in there ..

Wingman
05-07-10, 10:51 am
I mean everything is going to cals its just pretty much what you want to add .. For instance adding Natty PB or Natty Almond Butter would add some good fats in there .. Raisins would add some carbs .. I have actually had chicken and oats before and i like it, maybe try cutting the chicken up real small and throwing it in there ..

Sounds odd...but won't know if I try. I will hit some recipes and post up what is good. Thanks man.

tdubs
05-11-10, 4:59 am
TTL, just discovered this thread and it is awesome! Thanks for sharing all the recipes bro.

C.Coronato
05-11-10, 10:15 am
TTL, just discovered this thread and it is awesome! Thanks for sharing all the recipes bro.

Absolutely. There are loads more on the UniversalUSA.com -- Eating -- Recipes -- Seasonings.

If you want anything, let me know.

tdubs
05-11-10, 12:08 pm
Absolutely. There are loads more on the UniversalUSA.com -- Eating -- Recipes -- Seasonings.

If you want anything, let me know.

Yeah, I checked those out too... The missus is on the case!

Aggression
05-11-10, 12:15 pm
Subb'ed for new and exciting meals.

C.Coronato
05-12-10, 3:15 pm
Yeah, I checked those out too... The missus is on the case!

Subb'ed for new and exciting meals.

Thanks fellas. Anything your looking for?

Mr. Dead
05-12-10, 3:56 pm
Anything your looking for?

Will answer this, when I'm allowed to eat real food, again... *LOL*

tdubs
05-13-10, 1:18 pm
Thanks fellas. Anything your looking for?

TTL, the missus and I just made some banana nut choc chip bread as per your recipe on the Universal site. awesome, just discovered my new favourite snack for the commute home from work!

nice one, keep up the good work!

C.Coronato
05-13-10, 3:39 pm
Will answer this, when I'm allowed to eat real food, again... *LOL*

Haha, yea im in the same boat DeadMan.

TTL, the missus and I just made some banana nut choc chip bread as per your recipe on the Universal site. awesome, just discovered my new favourite snack for the commute home from work!

nice one, keep up the good work!

Ahh great to hear! Im a fan of homemade breads for sure.

C.Coronato
05-18-10, 10:26 am
What else! Whos lookin for some good eats! Last night i cooked some great fresh caught Striped Bass. Fresh as in my buddy went fishing on Sunday, and i filleted it and cooked it on Monday. Now thats clean and fresh food. It doesnt get much better. I cooked it like this:

Preheat the oven to 350.

Put the fish on some tin foil, season both sides with Salt/Pepper/Paprika. Chopped up some green peppers, onions, and fresh garlic and threw them on top. Hit it with a very very slight drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Shaked some more Paprika on top, and folded the tin foil all up. I put it in a baking dish and filled the bottom with water. Threw it in the oven for 30 mins. Make sure it is all flakey and cooked fully through, and your good to go.

J-Dawg
05-18-10, 10:35 am
Nice TTL. It doesn't get better than freshly caught fish.

Hags
05-18-10, 6:57 pm
Hey bro mad props on this thread. Read through the first couple pages and am sure to keep reading, im gettin hungry just lookin at the recipes. Always been a pretty good cook myself so im stoked to hear from another brother with skills in the kitchen. Just thought Ide let yall know that all the Mrs Dash seasonings save my life when it comes to cooking up chicken and other meats. Shoot they have a Mrs Dash mix for any kind of food your cravin.

Hey you have any kindof spice ideas to throw on some chicken for a Korean kick?

-Hags

NaturallyPumpd
05-18-10, 10:09 pm
Whats your opinion on seasonings? I am thinking about keeping my current set-up but not sure whats best. Chicken and rice with sauteed onions and asparagus with a dash of sea salt and a slight drizzle of soy seasoning. Its quite delicious, and I plan on alternating the chicken with some steak like ribeye or top sirlon.

C.Coronato
05-19-10, 9:44 am
Nice TTL. It doesn't get better than freshly caught fish.

Ahh it was awesome, if i could eat like that every day, i would!

Hey bro mad props on this thread. Read through the first couple pages and am sure to keep reading, im gettin hungry just lookin at the recipes. Always been a pretty good cook myself so im stoked to hear from another brother with skills in the kitchen. Just thought Ide let yall know that all the Mrs Dash seasonings save my life when it comes to cooking up chicken and other meats. Shoot they have a Mrs Dash mix for any kind of food your cravin.

Hey you have any kindof spice ideas to throw on some chicken for a Korean kick?

-Hags

Agreed man for sure. Ms. Dash is great, and sodium free for anyone who is watching it! I use it on my pops food all the time.

I havent worked too much with Korean food, but i have done some Asian, now the cuisine is similar but different for sure. I would say Soy Sauce, Sesame oil, salt, garlic, ginger, rep pepper paste ..

C.Coronato
05-19-10, 9:45 am
Whats your opinion on seasonings? I am thinking about keeping my current set-up but not sure whats best. Chicken and rice with sauteed onions and asparagus with a dash of sea salt and a slight drizzle of soy seasoning. Its quite delicious, and I plan on alternating the chicken with some steak like ribeye or top sirlon.

Seasonings are life savers. I am a HUGE fan of them, and they are often VERY under estimated.

C.Coronato
05-24-10, 11:19 am
Whats up fellas? Who wants summertime grillin recipes!

Nix0r
05-24-10, 12:08 pm
Anything and everything to cut out the redundancy of chicken would be an absolute lifesaver!

C.Coronato
05-25-10, 9:50 am
Anything and everything to cut out the redundancy of chicken would be an absolute lifesaver!

Haha, im still trying to come to terms with that as well. You looking for contest prep? Or clean offseason, dirty offseason?

J-Dawg
05-25-10, 10:01 am

Let's see what you've got TTL! I've got a charcoal grill at the moment. Really need to upgrade to a gas grill b/c I haven't quite gotten down cooking on charcoal, lol.

Mr. Dead
05-25-10, 11:04 am

Uhm... I bleed BBQ, sauce... So, of course!!!

Nix0r
05-25-10, 12:27 pm
Haha, im still trying to come to terms with that as well. You looking for contest prep? Or clean offseason, dirty offseason?

Well... I don't really have an "on" or "off" season; stepping on stage isn't really something I see myself doing. But if anything, I'd say clean offseason. My whole philosophy is to eat a shit-ton of clean calories (with cheats thrown in every so often) and move large, large weights.

And I like to yell at Flower... a lot... almost, if not more than Rob does.

Mr. Dead
05-25-10, 12:43 pm

Isn't that a National favorite...??? *LOL*

Nix0r
05-25-10, 3:06 pm
Isn't that a National favorite...??? *LOL*

It's slowly but surely gaining popularity. Not quite as popular as the Mr. Dead Piñata that is going to be on display at next year's Cage, though.

Mr. Dead
05-25-10, 3:09 pm
It's slowly but surely gaining popularity. Not quite as popular as the Mr. Dead Piñata that is going to be on display at next year's Cage, though.

Gonna need a strong cable... I won't be cutting, next year... *LOL*

soonerbigd
05-27-10, 12:17 am
This is awesome TTL. 10 days til the show, then I'm going to get back on this thread and pick out a half dozen good recipes.

FITGYM
05-27-10, 1:22 am

I'm ready for some. Don't threaten me with a BBQ

Joseph V
05-30-10, 3:20 am
Sure brother. Ok i know theres SO many different cuts of beef and it does get confusing. Remember, 99% lean beef does not always equal 99% lean chicken breast. The % is obviously the % of fat to calories. If the beef has 200 calories, and the chicken has 100 calories. The fat could both be 99% lean but the beef would still have more fat. But ok moving on .. Lean Cuts of meat in order :

Eye Round
Top Round
Round Tip
Top Sirloin
Bottom Round
Top Loin
Tenderloin

Obviously you can cut that down alot by just trimming off the fat before you cook it, Stick to dry cooking measures such as baking, broiling, roasting, braising or/and grilling.

i knew i was doing something right when i was cooking the beef..i was one who just tore the fat out of the beef and cooked it lol,..

thanks for the info TTL

hedden514
05-31-10, 11:18 pm
TTL...I'm new to the forum, been out of training for a good while but I'm getting back into it, I have to get ready for Basic Training (Army) and will be leaving for Basic Training on Aug 31st...I was wondering if you have posted anything about a good "animal pancake" recipe that includes oats and eggs...I can't seem to find one on the forum anywhere...any help would be greatly appreciated

joel.recla
06-01-10, 12:50 am
TTL...I'm new to the forum, been out of training for a good while but I'm getting back into it, I have to get ready for Basic Training (Army) and will be leaving for Basic Training on Aug 31st...I was wondering if you have posted anything about a good "animal pancake" recipe that includes oats and eggs...I can't seem to find one on the forum anywhere...any help would be greatly appreciated

My mom used to make oatmeal pancakes, just by bisquick and follow the instructions and add 1/2 cup of oates to the batter. They're pretty thick so u may have to tweek it a lil.

Jon_Blaze
06-01-10, 5:41 am
I JUST found this thread and just by browsing it, its a favorite. Thanks TTL.

soonerbigd
06-02-10, 7:31 pm
Hey, TTL, what's the deal with the recipes you posted on the Universal site not coming up? You need to harass your IT guy and get us our goodies!

Link in question: http://www.universalusa.com/eating/articles/seasonings.cfm#offseasonclean

C.Coronato
06-03-10, 9:25 am
Let's see what you've got TTL! I've got a charcoal grill at the moment. Really need to upgrade to a gas grill b/c I haven't quite gotten down cooking on charcoal, lol.

Haha, both are great. Charcoal is great and many times doesnt give you the taste of the gas, but at the same time, gas has evenly distributed heat ..

Uhm... I bleed BBQ, sauce... So, of course!!!

Haha nice, ok man.

Well... I don't really have an "on" or "off" season; stepping on stage isn't really something I see myself doing. But if anything, I'd say clean offseason. My whole philosophy is to eat a shit-ton of clean calories (with cheats thrown in every so often) and move large, large weights.

Awesome, ill see what i can dig up.

This is awesome TTL. 10 days til the show, then I'm going to get back on this thread and pick out a half dozen good recipes.

Awesome, man. Im glad to have you on board.

I'm ready for some. Don't threaten me with a BBQ

Haha, we should have a cook out at your gym brother! ABC then a pot luck cook out!

i knew i was doing something right when i was cooking the beef..i was one who just tore the fat out of the beef and cooked it lol,..

thanks for the info TTL

No worries man, fat gives it flavor! If your not cutting, no need to get rid of it. Just get the lean shit, and your all set.

Here ya go bro, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=6692

My mom used to make oatmeal pancakes, just by bisquick and follow the instructions and add 1/2 cup of oates to the batter. They're pretty thick so u may have to tweek it a lil.

Ahh nice for sure. Oatmeal cakes cant be beat. Thanks bro.

I JUST found this thread and just by browsing it, its a favorite. Thanks TTL.

Thanks man, im glad to have you.

Hey, TTL, what's the deal with the recipes you posted on the Universal site not coming up? You need to harass your IT guy and get us our goodies!

Link in question: http://www.universalusa.com/eating/articles/seasonings.cfm#offseasonclean

Damn, just saw that. If you highlight them, they should come up. But im going to email him right now, and see if he can fix it. Thanks bro!

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 4:21 pm
Ok fellas, i have some great BBQ/Grilling recipes in route to the correct place to be up on UniversalUSA.com What else is everyone looking for? I have been reading more and more cook books lately. I find i do that often when im dieting. I pull out pages and pages of recipes i want to try .. Always new things people are coming up with for sure. Its all about thinking outside of the box.

andrewT
06-10-10, 4:24 pm
Hey TreeTrunks

My co-worker is a fine dining chef who has won all kinds of awards here in Toronto. He gave me an amazing swordfish recipe that he thought of off the top of his head. I made it, and holy shit is all I can say. Would you mind if I posted it up?

Andrew

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 4:27 pm
Hey TreeTrunks

My co-worker is a fine dining chef who has won all kinds of awards here in Toronto. He gave me an amazing swordfish recipe that he thought of off the top of his head. I made it, and holy shit is all I can say. Would you mind if I posted it up?

Andrew

Bro, of course i wouldnt mind, Im always here to learn as well my man! Post it up!!

Mr. Dead
06-10-10, 4:30 pm
Ok fellas, i have some great BBQ/Grilling recipes in route to the correct place to be up on UniversalUSA.com What else is everyone looking for? I have been reading more and more cook books lately. I find i do that often when im dieting. I pull out pages and pages of recipes i want to try .. Always new things people are coming up with for sure. Its all about thinking outside of the box.

Sweet!!! Always up for more grillin' recipes!!! And, I know what ya mean about checking things out like that, when dieting... I find myself glued to the Food Network Channel... (Pre-Contest, dd2inxs calls it "The Porn Channel"... *LOL*)

andrewT
06-10-10, 4:33 pm
Ok cool!

now he didn't give me exact amounts of everything. He said to eyeball it and your brain will naturally add a little more of the flavours you like.

Go get some nice fresh swordfish steaks (expensive around here but worth it). Lets make this for 2 steaks since I did that with my gf and I.

in a bowl:
a 3:1 ratio of Paprika to ground coffee (I used espresso coffee and crushed it even more with a spoon). I would say there was about 2.5 tbsp of paprika.
add some garlic powder and onion powder, and then put in 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
rub this onto the steaks and let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

turn on the Q and slice up some lemon real real thin. Throw on the steaks and the lemon on your top rack to slowly brown. After about 5 minutes when you flip the steaks the lemons should be a little browned and you can throw em on the steaks and continue cooking until your done. (remember with fish cook it until just before it flakes).

take it off and voila. This shit is so tender! filling! and damn tasty!

hopefully you guys like it. I am heading to my local fish market again soon and hopefully I can contribute another decent recipe on his behalf. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

C.Coronato
06-11-10, 7:34 am
Sweet!!! Always up for more grillin' recipes!!! And, I know what ya mean about checking things out like that, when dieting... I find myself glued to the Food Network Channel... (Pre-Contest, dd2inxs calls it "The Porn Channel"... *LOL*)

Its all i watch lol. I fall asleep to it, wake up to it, and do my cardio to it. Literally, i dont watch anything else. lol.

Ok cool!

now he didn't give me exact amounts of everything. He said to eyeball it and your brain will naturally add a little more of the flavours you like.

Go get some nice fresh swordfish steaks (expensive around here but worth it). Lets make this for 2 steaks since I did that with my gf and I.

in a bowl:
a 3:1 ratio of Paprika to ground coffee (I used espresso coffee and crushed it even more with a spoon). I would say there was about 2.5 tbsp of paprika.
add some garlic powder and onion powder, and then put in 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
rub this onto the steaks and let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

turn on the Q and slice up some lemon real real thin. Throw on the steaks and the lemon on your top rack to slowly brown. After about 5 minutes when you flip the steaks the lemons should be a little browned and you can throw em on the steaks and continue cooking until your done. (remember with fish cook it until just before it flakes).

take it off and voila. This shit is so tender! filling! and damn tasty!

hopefully you guys like it. I am heading to my local fish market again soon and hopefully I can contribute another decent recipe on his behalf. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Awesome bro, thank you!

C.Coronato
06-16-10, 4:03 pm
Whats up fellas. What are we looking for ? I have recently gotten into Quinoa, and its an awesome whole grain. Anyone use that? Also have been using some Ezekiel Cereal in the AM in place of my oats. I need some change ups in the diet. Anyone have any experience with that as well?

G Diesel
06-21-10, 11:56 am
Wondered if you tried this offseason bro... Awesome stuff.

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/light-swiss-original/

I may or may not be eating some on a couple of lean sirloin burgers right now.

Tastes dirty, but is actually pretty safe for a bbing diet.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 1:47 pm
I havent, but i have heard good things. The spreadable factor and convenient single serve is awesome .. Thanks for the find G.

C.Coronato
06-24-10, 9:45 am
Got some good breakfast things stewing in my mind. I wouldn't necessarily say the cleanest, but thats what Sundays are for! Who doesn't love breakfast?

Aggression
06-24-10, 9:48 am
100% IN for breakfast ideas. I love me some legit breakfast.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 3:55 pm
100% IN for breakfast ideas. I love me some legit breakfast.

OK i have some LEGIT breakfast recipes on the way to universalUSA.com .. Should be up Monday or so. I make myself so damn hungry every time i do this haha.

C.Coronato
07-06-10, 4:38 pm
Working on some new things. As my offseason is coming closer and closer, the food ideas are running wild. Im looking forward to what my head will bring to the table.

Mattman33
07-06-10, 5:34 pm
OK i have some LEGIT breakfast recipes on the way to universalUSA.com .. Should be up Monday or so. I make myself so damn hungry every time i do this haha.

i can't wait. I can't wait to see where this thread goes. Thanks

Wingman
07-06-10, 9:07 pm
How bout a nice thick, juicy, greasy, Philly Cheesesteak recipe. That sounds Oh So Tasty.

Aggression
07-09-10, 11:17 am
S'mores pancakes = WIN

Aggression
07-12-10, 10:19 am
Ok buddy. I see you have a lot of breakfast recipes in your list. I'm looking for something quick, clean, and hearty for a 'clean off season' meal. What's your best choice for a solid breakfast?

C.Coronato
07-12-10, 4:22 pm
i can't wait. I can't wait to see where this thread goes. Thanks

Awesome, thanks brotha.

How bout a nice thick, juicy, greasy, Philly Cheesesteak recipe. That sounds Oh So Tasty.

Ahh, thats simple, but sure man, ill get a solid one.

S'mores pancakes = WIN

Haha, still gotta try it myself. But if the girl approves, then im sure ill like it as well haha.

Ok buddy. I see you have a lot of breakfast recipes in your list. I'm looking for something quick, clean, and hearty for a 'clean off season' meal. What's your best choice for a solid breakfast?

Ok, something simple, one dish maybe? Ill have to dig around, but ill find something no problem.

kevin007
07-20-10, 10:45 am

Did you guys know that Splenda, Nutrasweet, and Saccharine are neurotoxins?

As a side note there are other healthy alternatives to simple carbs. Have you guys heard of whey low? All carbs get converted to sugar. But natural sugar has less impact on your body. Whey low is low on the glycemic index. You can also buy fructose at most health food stores or farmers markets and it is also low on the glycemic index. I find staying natural is the best thing you can do for your body in the long run. It is worth looking into I think and perhaps incorporate these other natural sweeteners into your recipes.

Live long and proper, and stay natural...

Kevin