PDA

View Full Version : Animal Test & Pre-Contest Dieting

Naturally Huge
04-01-09, 4:55 pm
I'm a week and a half out from one of two contests I'm competing in. The second is seven weeks after the first so I'll just maintain and tighted up a little more until then. I just ordered two cans of Animal Test and am wondering if it's worth it to take during the seven weeks to help maintain muscle and increase hardness or should I just wait until the off-season when calories will be higher, etc. Any thoughts, advice? Thanks.

C.Coronato
04-01-09, 5:08 pm
Hey brother. Everyone seems to have different views on it. I personally was contemplating it as well, but with the Stak. Hopefully someone has actual experience with doing either can chime in.

dannynb
04-01-09, 5:13 pm
What kind of comps bro?? Honestly if you'e that close...don't change anything if you're looking good as is. Too many fuck up by switching things up a week or a day out.

Naturally Huge
04-01-09, 5:43 pm
NGA Utah Natural and NGA Mountain States Natural. Been using just Cuts, Pump, Pak, EAA's, BCAA's so far. I know I've lost some lean muscle from dieting and cardio and I want to prevent it further. Damn, seven weeks is a long time to maintain low bodyfat levels.

GJN5002
04-01-09, 6:01 pm
I would make sure the federation youre competing in doesnt have any of the ingredients in test on the banned substance list. but if not, I think it would be a great idea.

Naturally Huge
04-01-09, 6:13 pm
I would make sure the federation youre competing in doesnt have any of the ingredients in test on the banned substance list. but if not, I think it would be a great idea.

Good point. Here's what's banned by the NGA:

BANNED SUBSTANCES

ANABOLIC STEROIDS
- Includes but not limited to bolasterone, boldenone, chloroxomesterone (dhydrochlormethyltesterone), clostebol, fluoxymesterone, mesterolone, methandienone (methandrostenolone), methenolone, methyltestosterone, nandrolone, norethandrolone, oxymetholone, stanozolol, testerone and all other related compounds.

TESTOSTERONE.
(injections, patches, gels).

GROWTH HORMONES.
(Pharmaceutical hGH, HCG and other related compounds).

PRESCRIPTION DIURETICS.
(Fen-Phen and any other prescription weight-loss substances used for bodybuilding purposes, even when physician-prescribed, are banned by the NGA)

PRESCRIPTION PSYCHOMOTOR STIMULANTS.
(Example: Amphetamines).

MUSCLE IMPLANTS OF ANY KIND.

CHEMICAL/DRUGS FOR THE PURPOSE OF DECEIVING OR PASSING THE POLYGRAPH TEST.

CLENBUTEROL

ANY ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT BODYBUILDING DRUG OR SUBSTANCE.

ANY FDA AND IOC BANNED SUBSTANCE.

Note: DHEA and all other hormone precursors are not banned by the NGA. However, these substances can cause an elevated T/E ratio in excess of the 6:1 limit or produce the presence of nandrolone or any other banned substance in the urine. If the promoter opts to enforce a urine sample for testing, the athlete is responsible for any and all substances that may cause a positive in a urine test.

Nutritional supplements products that are sold over-the-counter may not be banned by the FDA. As a competitive athlete, it is your responsibility to research the products before you purchase them. To insure your passing a urine test under the guidelines of the IOC, banned substance testing regulations, the NGA's recommendation is "when in doubt don't buy it".

GJN5002
04-01-09, 6:15 pm
look into the last part about elevated t/e ratio. The point of test is to raise natural test, im not sure how well it does it because ive never seen lab results

mritter3
04-01-09, 9:57 pm
i would take it during the off season, why switch things up when your so close to competing, stick with what is working right now then focus on the offseason. good luck in the shows

violator
04-03-09, 8:48 am
offseason definetly....

C.Coronato
04-03-09, 9:09 am
I wont be taking it i decided, your right there is no need to switch things up so close. BUT, i know INBF (natural federation) allows Test and Stak, i emailed them, i was surprised but they confirmed .. So i would suggest doing that too bro for the NGA, im sure they are the same tho.

Naturally Huge
04-03-09, 11:17 am
I'll hold off until the off season when I can eat more calories and get my money's worth. Thanks for the input.