PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new routine

Lschave
04-01-09, 9:03 pm
Alright i did at 10 x 10 program (five day split) (chest/ back legs/ calves day off tris/bis/ and shoulder day off) for 5 rotations then immediatly went to a 5x5 program (seven day split everything twice a week) for 3 weeks and now i am on the second rotation of a 10x6 program and i have one more week. Going from the high low high volume i gained 13lbs. now after i get done with this last rotation what type of rep set scheme should i use? i gained mass so should i do a shaping phase? or right back to heavy weights? would doing a HST program be beneficial?

eric downey
04-01-09, 9:43 pm
there is no such thing as a shaping phase. your muscle are gonna look how there gonna look. thats called genetics. id stay with a 6 to 12 rep range

MVP
04-02-09, 1:36 pm
There's no magical rep range, everyone reponds differently. I'm going to start using 8-15 reps once I gain an ideal amount of strength by using "3 x 5".

A lot of guys like changing their rep ranges, 3 months using a split with 3 x 10 for each compound movement and 2 x 12-15 for the isolations, then turn around 3 months later with a full body powerlifter style routine using "5 x 5" or something similar to "5 x 5".

Personally- I prefer a rep range that allows me to compromise the weight and reps. For example I know that high reps provide optimal microscopic trauma to the muscle tissue but I know that weight is needed for muscle growth, so as my strength progresses I'll start decreasing the weight a little. I'm at the point in time right now where I can bench 205 lbs for 10 reps with an assistance lift-off, my goal is to bench 325 lbs and start using 225 for 3 x 10.

live2lift
04-02-09, 3:56 pm
Alright i did at 10 x 10 program (five day split) (chest/ back legs/ calves day off tris/bis/ and shoulder day off) for 5 rotations then immediatly went to a 5x5 program (seven day split everything twice a week) for 3 weeks and now i am on the second rotation of a 10x6 program and i have one more week. Going from the high low high volume i gained 13lbs. now after i get done with this last rotation what type of rep set scheme should i use? i gained mass so should i do a shaping phase? or right back to heavy weights? would doing a HST program be beneficial?

Bro we don't know anything about a shaping phase here, we know about cutting though...just kidding. It would depend on what goal you want to acheive. Or you could go back into a heavy phase and increase your cardio that way you can shape...er I mean cut and still maintain as much muscle as possible.

Peace