PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help/guidiance

Hybridtheory2o
04-02-09, 4:01 pm
Hey guys I fell off the wagon awhile so im pretty much new here again. It was tough when I started my new job. Im a NYS corrections officer and im 23 years old so my metabolism is still pretty fast. I work 16hr shifts for 2 days getting about 5 hrs of rest in between then I come home for 4 days.

The 4 days are easy for me to train and diet and ive done some reading and seen some split routines but when im home for 4 days I dont know how to group them together so that the 2 days im taking off are the days I work so when I come home im not missing a beat.

I try to eat protein bars and shakes at work because my huge ass lunchbox only fits so much food and I get out of work at 7am for my last shift so I try to eat a bar before I can go to sleep cuz im usually a little hungry.

Can anyone point me in the right direction..maybe i missed a split that would be good for me when I did some reading..maybe someone can help me personalize one. I really love this game its just been hard for me to adapt and by that I mean its easier for me to fall off the wagon because those 2 days im gone i have to pack a lot of food and im afraid I might be losing what I work hard for with those days.

Thanks to whoever takes time to read and or reply

MVP
04-02-09, 4:04 pm
I like this split.

Day 1- Chest/Biceps
1) Flat Barbell Press
2) Incline Barbell Press
3) Weighted Dips
4) Barbell Curls

Day 2- Back/Triceps
1) Deadlift
2) Barbell Row
3) Pull-up
4) Tricep Extensions

Day 3- Shoulders/Abs
1) Standing OH Press
2) Posterior Delt Lateral Raises
3) Lateral Raise
4) Hanging Leg Raises

Day 4- Legs/Grip
1) Squat
2) Leg Press
3) Hamstring Curls
4) Plate Pinchers

sanga
04-02-09, 4:52 pm
I like this split.

Day 1- Chest/Biceps
1) Flat Barbell Press
2) Incline Barbell Press
3) Weighted Dips
4) Barbell Curls

Day 2- Back/Triceps
1) Deadlift
2) Barbell Row
3) Pull-up
4) Tricep Extensions

Day 3- Shoulders/Abs
1) Standing OH Press
2) Posterior Delt Lateral Raises
3) Lateral Raise
4) Hanging Leg Raises

Day 4- Legs/Grip
1) Squat
2) Leg Press
3) Hamstring Curls
4) Plate Pinchers

The only thing with this split I don`t like is you are hitting triceps a hell of a lot, I`d prefer the below. Just my opinion, if its working for you then great stick with it.

Day 1- Chest/Tricpes

Day 2- Back/Biceps

Day 3- Shoulders/Abs

Day 4- Legs/Grip

Hybridtheory2o
04-02-09, 5:13 pm
Cool thanks guys!

MVP
04-02-09, 6:42 pm
The only thing with this split I don`t like is you are hitting triceps a hell of a lot, I`d prefer the below. Just my opinion, if its working for you then great stick with it.

Day 1- Chest/Tricpes

Day 2- Back/Biceps

Day 3- Shoulders/Abs

Day 4- Legs/Grip

As long as you're eating enough it shouldn't be a problem.

Hitting chest/triceps on the same day would allow an unnecessary amount of recovery diet depended upon experience. A beginner dosn't need 7 days in between tricep and chest exercises. So it'd be better hitting the muscle group twice per week.