PDA

View Full Version : Red hot and eggs bad?

Hybridtheory2o
04-03-09, 4:36 pm
So I looked at the nutrion facts on a bottle of red hot that my parents had at their house. I always thought it had a crap load of junk in it so that it would be really bad for you but all it appears to have is sodium. Now I know some ppl put it on everything all the time and im sure that could lead to ulcers but if you eat some eggs once or twice a day would it be bad to throw on ur omlet for a little zing to it? Not like in mass quantities but just enough to add something different to it. I did it today and it was really really good thats why I ask lol.

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 4:38 pm
I like Red Hot.

Hybridtheory2o
04-03-09, 4:40 pm
Awesome I love responses like that. Simple and to the point.

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 4:42 pm
Awesome I love responses like that. Simple and to the point.

I was debatin' between a dissertation or a coupla words. The latter won out. Anything to help choke down your meals, eh? I use it all the time.

Thrawn
04-03-09, 4:48 pm
Like big Ronnie Coleman used to say: 'a bit of flavoring never hurt anybody'.

G Diesel
04-03-09, 4:48 pm
Hot sauce is one of the simple blessings of life. Nothing wrong with a little flava.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 4:50 pm
Hot sauce is one of the simple blessings of life. Nothing wrong with a little flava.

Peace, G

For that sava, eh, G?

ironbound
04-03-09, 4:50 pm
Man I go through 1L bottles of Tabasco and Red Hot from Costco like they're nothing. I can't eat eggs without hot sauce.

Thrawn
04-03-09, 4:53 pm
I sometimes go the sweeter way too. Sometimes i get a bit tired of the weak, lame flavor of eggwhites. I chuck in a bit of EAA stack. Makes it go down a lot easier AND i have added some extra amino's.

Hybridtheory2o
04-03-09, 4:53 pm
Well im glad that I picked up the bottle from weggies about a half hour ago before gettin my grub on with this delicious salad. Just got back from the gym and all I wanna do is eat and go back tomorrow haha.

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 4:55 pm
I sometimes go the sweeter way too. Sometimes i get a bit tired of the weak, lame flavor of eggwhites. I chuck in a bit of EAA stack. Makes it go down a lot easier AND i have added some extra amino's.

EAA Stack? What the...

Bartles
04-03-09, 4:58 pm
EAA Stack? What the...

That was my thinking too lol.
Tabasco or ketchup here, I think I did see The House put a scoop of instant coffee in his eggs once?

Thrawn
04-03-09, 4:58 pm
EAA Stack? What the...

LOL! Give it a try. Common, U Rep, take a step on the wild side =)

fenix237
04-03-09, 5:00 pm
try Frank's Red Hot Garlic Flavor- that shit rules!

Universal Rep
04-03-09, 5:02 pm
LOL! Give it a try. Common, U Rep, take a step on the wild side =)

There's wild, and then there's crazy.... Haha.

mritter3
04-03-09, 5:41 pm
i see no problem with red hot i use it all the time.

strivin for more
04-03-09, 8:30 pm

hahah i add cinnamon and splenda to my eggs every so often. everyone thinks im crazy lol.

ronnie
04-04-09, 1:54 am
i eat 1 can of tuna every day on average. somedays none, somedays up to 3. i put frank's red hot just about each can i eat to add some flavour, never had a problem. give it a shot.

fenix237
04-04-09, 3:51 am
try Frank's Red Hot Garlic Flavor- that shit rules!

correction- it's Texas Pete Hot Garlic Sauce...

machineman
04-04-09, 7:15 am

EAA Stack? What the...

you gotta remember, URep....this is coming from a guy that likes...how was it put? oh yea...chumbucket on a crust!!haha

LittleMan55
04-04-09, 9:41 am
I bathe in Red Hot! My food that is...

omgi
04-04-09, 10:10 am
Tabasco, sweet chili sauce, stake sauce are a couple of friends if you can't take the "wonderful tasteless shit".

MrMuscles22
04-04-09, 10:22 am
I was watching a video on MDTV with Guy Cisternino and he said he bakes his egg whites in the oven with some stevia on top..I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it'd be good for a change.

andrewT
04-04-09, 11:43 am
I have been dying to try this!

I love eating really hot stuff, but ever since I contracted IBS in Cuba, when I eat hot my stomach goes to shits!

MrMuscles22
04-04-09, 11:53 am
Franks Red Hot is definately the shit! When I was in college, my friends and I stole the display from teh grocery store and had it hanging on our wall! We put it on everything we ate and would even do straight shots of it after we got home from the bars! lol I wouldn't do that shit now a days, but it's definately awesome shit and can make almost anything taste good. It's a staple in my diet!

Hybridtheory2o
04-04-09, 5:39 pm
If you put it on eggs and tuna once or twice a day can it give you ulcers?

Mizzarler
04-04-09, 6:02 pm
fever for the flavaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MrMuscles22
04-04-09, 11:27 pm
If you put it on eggs and tuna once or twice a day can it give you ulcers?

Unless you are using a whole bottle, I would think you are safe.

dannynb
04-05-09, 11:59 am
Hot sauce is a staple in my diet.....

ATLAS64
04-05-09, 3:48 pm
Yea ur good to go with it..once you start blowin out ur back end...u know uve had too much

andrewT
04-06-09, 8:55 pm
when you guys put it on your eggs, do you do it while it is cookin or afterwards?

I just picked up a bottle tonight. Scrambled eggs are veryyy bland for me, and I am getting tired of omelettes

(I just despise eggs in general! I force them down)

NJC_Manhattan
04-06-09, 8:57 pm
Hot sauce is soooo dope with eggs. It helps when you're eating 6 servings of egg whites.

andrewT
04-07-09, 4:37 pm
I just put it in this morning! awesome!

lets hope the arsehole doesn't disagree...

PrometheusCon
04-07-09, 10:31 pm
RedHot is a blessing. I use it on basically any bland protein to savor up the flavor. Goes well with chicken, tuna, and eggs. Though if it does disagree with you, try ketchup or balsamic vinegar dressing. Seriously though, thank God for spices/seasoning. I don't think I'd be able to choke down this stuff everyday without it (well not really, but it sure helps).

Big Wides
04-08-09, 8:33 pm
Buffalo everything....

C.Coronato
04-14-09, 4:06 pm
Franks -

0 Calories
0 Fat
0 Carbs.

Same with yellow mustard.

I use them both every day up until a week out of my diet when i have to start watching sodium.

Everyonedoes
04-17-09, 11:10 am
I like to try all the different kinds of hot sauces i can. A really good and cheap one is crystal brand hot sauce.(it sells for 33 cents a bottle on sale) My favorite was some mexican brand hanbano mix with carrots and some other veggies mixed in.(not good if want no carbs,but it tastes so good.)