PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch/iPhone calorie trackers.....ANYONE?

Shukin
04-03-09, 8:30 pm
Is anyone out there using any of the applications for the itouch that track their intake with any success? I have read many reviews but they are by people on weight watchers and just the general dieter, any body find one we can use? When is iAnimal application/ iJourney scheduled for release?

Shukin

strivin for more
04-03-09, 8:37 pm
ianimal haha... thatll be the day. but seriously those apps arent very good. they dont take into account height, weight, average heart rate etc. they really can only give you a ballpark at that. its sort of like the average height/weight chart. according to the one at school for my age, i should weigh about 20 pounds less. its all just averaging. so to sum it up: its not the best method.

Shukin
04-03-09, 8:40 pm
But what about tracking your food intake, protein carbs fat, etc.?

S

strivin for more
04-03-09, 8:48 pm
ohhh, i thought you meant to use it as a step-counter, im sorry. well id assume itd work just as well as a food diary if you recorded and wrote down all that you ate? im sorry if it doesnt work like that, im unfamilier with the program.

Shukin
04-03-09, 9:04 pm
No problem

S

On Letting Go
04-06-09, 7:31 am
I personally dont use it, as i make meal plans ahead of time. But i do think its a great convenience to have the tracker with you all day. I may use it someday.

OLG

fatbackgoal
04-06-09, 1:59 pm
I use one called "lose it" on my iphone that I use just to track what I eat then move it to fitday when I get home.

Shukin
04-06-09, 11:09 pm
Thanks fatbackgoal for that, I will try giving them a go, both.

Cheers
Shukin