PDA

View Full Version : this is what i have to look forward to

BigDubbDiesel
04-03-09, 8:47 pm
so i'm back in town for the weekend and i go to train legs at the local YMCA that my little brothers a member of. Right in fornt of the squat rack i see this,

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/danxjackson/chalk.jpg
so i had to take a picture....deads are going to be fun tomorrow, hopefully i can pull some weight before i get kicked out for powdering my hands up.

eric downey
04-04-09, 12:17 am
Look Up Orlando Barbell

Leave The Y.

IronWilson
04-04-09, 1:52 am
That sucks, the YMCA I am a member of provides us with chalk.

Phil800101
04-04-09, 3:25 am
Take an old sock, fill it with chalk, and tie it off. It makes a makeshift chalk ball...allows you to use chalk with none of the mess. Or, pick up a bowling rosin bag (you can even find them at some Wal-Marts)...not as good as chalk, but there is little to no mess with that. I would just wipe down the bar when you are done.

I mean, you don't want to break the rules, but you're only going to be lifting there this one time (I'm assuming), and they probably won't notice.

BigDubbDiesel
04-04-09, 8:19 am
i train at the gym at my college in orlando and they have no problem with lifting chalk, its just when i go back home theres no hardcore places to lift, even the gold's here prohibits "grunting"

strivin for more
04-05-09, 9:33 am
at least the walls in that gym are a purrrrty blue XD

jeff00z28
04-05-09, 1:52 pm
they told me that at Club Fitness. u just have to be stealthy with it. theres guys in there that conform to the rules and pull like 585 with straps and then can't even pull 495 barehanded.