PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf.

Sidle
04-04-09, 1:01 am
Hey, just making a thread to put my thoughts down somewhere.

So last night I couldn't sleep due to a lot.
My roommate snores so loud,
there were drunk people out in the hall,
and I can't get this girl off my mind.
She seems to like me at times,
but not so much at others.
She always asks me to go lift with here,
even though its really only me being there at the same time.
I even eat lunch and dinner with her with some of her friends.
This shit is driving me crazy bro's.
I don't want to think there is something if there isn't,
and just make things awkward and possibly not be friends.
She even asked me to go to this thing with her tonight with a couple friends.
Maybe I'll just ask her to hang out a lone sometime?
Who knows, im such a pussy.

I'm constantly seen as "gay" because I have pictures of inspirations,
and my heroes on my wall in my dorm.
People say that I'm gay because I have pictures of my lifting heroes.
People don't know me.
I'm so close to snapping.
The only thing in this world that I will ever truly love is the iron.
Iron is the only thing I feel I can ever love.
But at the same time,
I want a love in my life.
I wish I had that special someone.
What can you do?
What bugs me even more is that all the girls in the entire world are stupid.
I'm the kinda guy that buys a girl flowers cuz its wednesday,
Makes her chicken noodle soup when shes feelin down and watch her fav movie with her.
I treat girls right, ya know?
Why does it always seem that the girls always go for the guys that are complete dicks.
AHHHHHHH.

Thanks, I feel somewhat better.
Time to try and sleep again.
In this dark cruel world.

weedlewott
04-04-09, 6:48 am
Check it out bro. You're just having a rough patch.
Hittin on the haters... Dont' let them get to you. They may call you gay, but they don't know what it is to be an iron addict. Admittedly, I don't have pictures on my wall, but I don't knock anyone who does. It's your personal inspiration, get it done. Sit back and let the world work its course man. It's all good. Besides, they're just calling you gay because they strive to be where you are. And I don't even know where you are, but just that you go and have a passion for it says more than they can. Don't let the little things get to you. Anyone can handle the big ones. It's the little ones that break you. So step back from the lime-light for a minute and reevaluate your course. Hang in there. As for the girl, man, let that go. If it's gonna happen, you've gotta make it. If it isn't, it isn't. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, and if I do, I apologize. Keep it easy bro. Drive on.

andrewT
04-04-09, 11:53 am
remember that corny Celine Dion song "love comes to those who believe". its true. Don't go looking for that shit (if you know what I mean) relax, live your life and good things will happen to you!

As for people calling you gay, if you know your not don't let it bother you, show them what you can do with your body. I have a massive poster of Yates in black socks in my room, people say he looks gay, I say he commands respect. We are all diferent, stay away from the people who do not respect you and find ones who do.

most importantly bro don't STRESS. first off it hinders gains (lol I know), second it makes you feel like shit. Relax!! good things will happen!

Develop an Iron will, thick skin and a strong mind and you will attract positive people! when people see that you know what you want and there is nothing stopping you, they will not get in your way because they know if they do your gonna roll right over (or through them, your choice man! haha)!

Gambit
04-04-09, 11:59 am
The two guys above know what's going on. I used to let this shit weigh on me, too, and I'm not quite sure when it happened... but I changed my philosophy.

You know what I say to myself now? "Fuck 'em."

I'm not saying shit gets easier, but you just gotta learn to let it roll of your back. You should look up the Journey, week 13, log 2. I know you take a lot of stock in Wrath's words, so that one should hit home to you.

Keep your head up, bub.

Sidle
04-04-09, 12:09 pm
Thanks a lot bros.
It means a lot.
I'll have another rant today,
I know it.

But I'll try and not let things get at me.

Sidle
04-04-09, 12:14 pm
The two guys above know what's going on. I used to let this shit weigh on me, too, and I'm not quite sure when it happened... but I changed my philosophy.

You know what I say to myself now? "Fuck 'em."

I'm not saying shit gets easier, but you just gotta learn to let it roll of your back. You should look up the Journey, week 13, log 2. I know you take a lot of stock in Wrath's words, so that one should hit home to you.

Keep your head up, bub.

Thanks man,
That helped a lot.

Meister
04-04-09, 12:41 pm
Bro i read this last night, I have been in the same spot as you so i wanted to think about everything i said the thing NOT to do is CHANGE DO NOT CHANGE FOR THEM.
The girls....shit it will come man just be patient play the game thats all it is bro.
The guys....who the fuck are they to judge you what do they do go party drink pass out and not remember shit why you try to better yourself...hmm seems to me its a no brainer. I like what the other guys said to you but i once heard this and ill pass it on to you "haters shit i want as many haters as i possibly can because that shows me that im doing something right, they hate on me cause they cant be me" So keep to the grind knock out some sets use it as motivation but leave it at the door, these chumps dont know what struggles we go thru, this lifestyle takes dedication, persistence, and time...brother dont let these haters get you down just look back and laugh because you are already ahead of the curve in life with what your doing today. We learn so much about life and build such strong characters by doing this....stay strong and lift hard bro

Sidle
04-04-09, 10:09 pm
Off days. are over.
I am not taking another day off the gym again,
I just cannot do it.
I feel like the iron is calling me when I am not there,
because it is my true home.
I just have anger and rage for no reason.
Literally I will just get pissed off for no reason,
like I'm roids, but I am not.
Off days are my enemy.

andrewT
04-05-09, 6:45 pm
Off days. are over.
I am not taking another day off the gym again,
I just cannot do it.
I feel like the iron is calling me when I am not there,
because it is my true home.
I just have anger and rage for no reason.
Literally I will just get pissed off for no reason,
like I'm roids, but I am not.
Off days are my enemy.

Roids don't make you pissed; 99% of the time thats all BS.

Off days are completely fine, and are needed especially if your training hard you will risk over training. Honestly bro, if your letting that dumb little shit that these people do bother you and make full of anger and rage, just relax. It will be good to channel it towards the weights, but don't use this attitude of being all pissed off as "hardcore, and no days off for me", it kinda sounds childish bro. Read what you just wrote, and step outside yourself, because your letting dumb shit get to you.

not trying to sound like a prick but when I hear us, even myself complain, and these threads, I hate it. We choose what we do, and we are better off than half the other people in this world (assuming your situation is okay). Choose your path, follow it! for yourself!

good luck bro

Sidle
04-06-09, 12:55 am
True man,
i feel a lot better today.
Slept like a champ the past two days,
and was a fatass.
I can't wait to hit the weights tomorrow.
The only decision is chest or back?
hmm. haha.

Sidle
04-06-09, 11:11 am
My Journey will be long and hard. There is no doubt about that. I first touched the iron a little more than a year ago. The cold metal welcomed me... no, it called for me. After wrestling for 2 years and becoming tiny and anorexic the iron found me. The iron as of right now is the only thing that keeps me sane in this dark cruel world. The weightroom is my home.

I prefer the dark, cold, and wet gyms but I have been lifting at this fitness center here lately. People stare. I'm not even big but they stare. Unfortunately I have college to go to all day so when I can actually lift, there are too many people there. You gotta do what you gotta do. "I'm a bodybuilder." This is what I told someone some day. They laughed and said, "You ain't big kid." No shit, I know I ain't big. McGrath is big. Ronnie is big. Jay is big. But everyone starts somewhere.

Nick101
04-06-09, 9:48 pm
hey man i know exactly what u mean... most girls like assholes. there is no way of getting around that, or argueing it. keep ur head up and just go man... go to the gym, go to class, go have a good time. dont let stupid shit get in the way of you living your life.

" i learned a long time ago that there's no use in getting all worked up everytime a bunch of assholes give you a hard time... because in the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should" harold and kumar go to white castle

haha that was a dumb movie but that is still a good line nonetheless

weedlewott
04-07-09, 2:12 am
Yo, Nick is right. Most girls do like assholes. I don't get it either. But oh well. sweet line from the movie dude. It's awesome.

Sidle, you're absolutely correct. Your journey is always going to be long and hard. It wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't. You wouldn't be set apart from the people around you who don't know what it takes to do what you do if it was easy. Keep your head up man. Push through each set, and power through each wave. You'll be there before you know it. Don't let this place get you down and out bro. Not even a little bit.

stumblin54
04-07-09, 2:40 am
Yo Sidle, the cliche saying "nothing worth having in life comes easy" couldn't be more true. It seems though that you don't have a training routine down, which leads me to believe you don't have your eating habits down either. Try and find something that works for you in both, and get serious about this lifestyle and the results will come, this I promise you. As for all girls being stupid, come on now, that's a bold statement that we both know is bullshit. Ask the girl how she feels about hangin' out with you and take it from there. Worst that could happen is she'll say no, and you remain friends. Big deal, right? Though on the other hand, well, see for yourself...

Stumblin

Sidle
04-10-09, 4:58 pm
So things are going well with this chick,
but she's just a flirt.
Women never know what they want.
Anyways,
I had a PR on deadlift yesterday at 435.
I think pulling that gave my abs some good work,
because they are soooo sore today.
My entire body hurts,
except for my chest/tri's.
I think I'm going to go hit those at the gym here in a bit.
I'm one of the few people that is here at college still,
because everyone went home for Easter weekend.
I'm gonna pop a caffeine pill so I will want to workout,
Have a good night everyone.

Rhys
04-11-09, 2:28 am
A gal friend of mine was over at my place awhile ago, and when she saw a picture of Machine on my computer she said, "Rhys, If i didn't know you any better, I'd think you were gay."

I looked at her, shrugged my shoulders and replied, "It's your ignorance, lay in it if you want."

Her and I don't really hang out all that much any more.

Sidle
04-11-09, 1:14 pm
A gal friend of mine was over at my place awhile ago, and when she saw a picture of Machine on my computer she said, "Rhys, If i didn't know you any better, I'd think you were gay."

I looked at her, shrugged my shoulders and replied, "It's your ignorance, lay in it if you want."

Her and I don't really hang out all that much any more.

Haha, nice.
I'm still in the process of thickening my skin.
hard at first ya know?

GSant434
04-11-09, 1:45 pm
Haha, nice.
hard at first ya know?

Guessing by your first post, your at college? If so brother I could go on and on about what you're dealing with. The thickinging

GSant434
04-11-09, 1:57 pm
Ignore that above, my keyboard froze while I was trying to type. Here's what I was trying to say:

Haha, nice.
hard at first ya know?

Guessing by your first post, your at college? If so brother I could go on and on about what you're dealing with. The thickening of one's skin to the world around them is a process. Just like all the hours we put in the gym, on the road, on the bike and in the classroom. It's all building towards something greater, something bigger. When you get exposed to a bigger world than just the one you grew up in you have to assimilate it just like it's going to assimilate you.

Be you bro, that's what comes down to. It took me a long time to accept that advice. And the truth is, we can say it all we want, but until life itself tempers you with experience you won't truly grasp the concept. It's through the day in day out grind we call life that we gain the experience and inner strength to say "fuck it" and live the life we want to experience. Remember life ain't just about the lessons in the classroom from a professor or from the lessons the iron teach us. They also come from the kid in your room snoring, the cock-tease girl, the guys in the hall too drunk and too disinterested with self-improvement to life the life you're trying to live.

As you journey through your life all these things and more will help define who you are, and what you stand for. And as I've heard it said before, "It's better to stand for something, than fall for nothing."

Sidle
04-23-09, 8:12 pm
Yo.
This chick and I started dating.
We had sex,
and then she told me she still had feelings for someone else.
Didn't talk to her all weekend,
and told a couple friends after I cooled down.
She now hates me because I told people we slept together.
Mind you,
I didn't tell everyone,
just a few friends.
She is just ignoring me now, kind of.
She stares at me when I lift, eat,
and whenever she sees me.
It's fucked up.
I wonder if she has realized that summer break is only 3 months long,
and that we will be going to the same school for 3 more years.

Oh well,
time to focus on football.
I want to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest DB here.
3 Months of busting my ass to see if I can get it done.

Serpiente-6509
04-26-09, 11:10 am
Look, we are dedicated to our goals and convictions, other people, well not so much. That is what separates us from the masses. The life of blood, sweat, and iron is our choosing. Others to not see that because they just sit around watching TV. While they sleep, we are out fighting for what we want. You guys agree?

Sidle
04-28-09, 5:43 pm
Look, we are dedicated to our goals and convictions, other people, well not so much. That is what separates us from the masses. The life of blood, sweat, and iron is our choosing. Others to not see that because they just sit around watching TV. While they sleep, we are out fighting for what we want. You guys agree?

Yeah,
I'm so over it.
I can't wait for football to start.
But before football is 3 months of summer,
and I need to bust my ass hardcore.
I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.
I'm going to have a perfect diet/lifting plan.
Being at home is nice when you can cook your own meals.

On a side note:
I got my nipples pierced.
Thought I might as well throw that in there,
since this is my "life" thread, haha.
Also, I have one more week of college left.
Going to miss it.
Wrist straps are here,
and I also got a tapout zip-up.
Can't wait for that.
I'm also thinking about doing MMA over the summer,
but I don't know if that would be good for football/BB'ing.
Input on that would be nice.
I think it would be good for conditioning though,
and I always love watching UFC.
I know that doesn't make me a fighter,
but it would be fun to learn.
Sometimes here at college we do "UFC" fights.
They are only submissions/wrestling though,
since we can't punch each other.
I'm 3-0 and everyone I have went against has been atleast 20lbs heavier.
Enough rambling,
Peace.

freak-a-boo!!
05-11-09, 3:08 am
Bro u have just been criticised by outsiders but I have had to deal with my parents for most of my lifting life. Imagine how hard it can get. Right now I am dealing with a shoulder injury and can't lift. And the girl thing is absolutely right as said by all the people above. It is painful but what can u do. I have trained my ass out under the most horrible emotional pain.
That's life bro but I know u will get out of this unscathed and don't fall for all this negative gay stuff. it is universal. You just got one life don't waste it chasing someone else's dreams.
I hope you get it and stay stong

Sidle
07-14-09, 4:31 am
Brothers.
I come here searching for guidance.

I just finished watching "Bigger Faster Stronger" and it did not disappoint, but it did make me question things. Everything I have ever been taught, and believed in is a lie. I started playing sports in the 4th grade. I played Soccer that year, and followed up the next 8 years of my life playing contact football, and 4 years of wrestling in there too. Needless to say, I love competition. After High School ended everything vanished. I have nothing left except for few true friends. I have no wife, no job, no anything. Sure, I have family though right? My family has slowly been fighting with each other and every year it seems we get just a bit smaller. What reason do I have to live? To maybe one day have a family, and a wife that I love? How can I love someone when I can't love myself? Every time I look in the mirror all I see is what needs improved, so I can attain a great physique. I cannot accept myself because I am not the best, and my entire life I have always competed to be the best.

Perhaps one look at one of my "heroes" Arnold Schwarzenegger could show me the way? He is strong, and sturdy no doubt about that. Have you seen pictures of this man? Then he comes out and says he took steroids? I'm not hating on steroids, because I know you still have to put in work when you're on them, And I would also take them if I was given the opportunity. He is a human specimen bred by hard work and determination; He even said it himself after admitting the steroid abuse. Is it bad that I find this immoral? Then Arnold promotes his own bodybuilding competition, The Arnold Classic, and gives the trophy to a man who is clearly on steroids and Arnold knows it. Why must he contradict himself like this? He then had Gold's Gym remove all of his images after he got re-elected. I feel like a part of me died.

Anyways, I pick up my new Muscle & Fitness and see all these huge and ripped people all over. I want to be just like them, right? They're strong, and they surely don't take steroids right? This Documentary shows how they alter peoples images just to sell. Inside the pages there are ads on top of ads of supplements. You know anyone can make a supplement right? Anyone. There is no FDA requirement, and most supplements can contain very small amounts of the actual ingredients it's suppose to have and it is hidden behind a "Propitiatory Blend." Because of all this, I always feel like I am not good enough. I am not as big as Arnold, or Frank, or Jay. Heck, I'm not even bigger than most people in my gym. I will never be as strong or ripped or as big as I want to without steroids. It is physically impossible. So what is the point of trying if I do not have steroids? Lifting, the one thing I have in my life is nothing but a fake image. The before and after shots of people can be done in the same day as proven by this documentary. Who should I trust, and what should I take? Should I turn to steroids to give me the physique that I have always dreamed of, or is it the easy way out and cheating?
This is a sad day indeed for me.

"I was raised to believe that cheater's never prosper, but in America it seems like cheater's always prosper."
"There's a clash in America between doing the right thing, and being the best."

Movie Link - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=X6FP7M1A
Click play, close the pop-up, the click play again.

Serpiente-6509
11-28-09, 4:07 pm
Brothers.
I come here searching for guidance.

I just finished watching "Bigger Faster Stronger" and it did not disappoint, but it did make me question things. Everything I have ever been taught, and believed in is a lie. I started playing sports in the 4th grade. I played Soccer that year, and followed up the next 8 years of my life playing contact football, and 4 years of wrestling in there too. Needless to say, I love competition. After High School ended everything vanished. I have nothing left except for few true friends. I have no wife, no job, no anything. Sure, I have family though right? My family has slowly been fighting with each other and every year it seems we get just a bit smaller. What reason do I have to live? To maybe one day have a family, and a wife that I love? How can I love someone when I can't love myself? Every time I look in the mirror all I see is what needs improved, so I can attain a great physique. I cannot accept myself because I am not the best, and my entire life I have always competed to be the best.

Perhaps one look at one of my "heroes" Arnold Schwarzenegger could show me the way? He is strong, and sturdy no doubt about that. Have you seen pictures of this man? Then he comes out and says he took steroids? I'm not hating on steroids, because I know you still have to put in work when you're on them, And I would also take them if I was given the opportunity. He is a human specimen bred by hard work and determination; He even said it himself after admitting the steroid abuse. Is it bad that I find this immoral? Then Arnold promotes his own bodybuilding competition, The Arnold Classic, and gives the trophy to a man who is clearly on steroids and Arnold knows it. Why must he contradict himself like this? He then had Gold's Gym remove all of his images after he got re-elected. I feel like a part of me died.

Anyways, I pick up my new Muscle & Fitness and see all these huge and ripped people all over. I want to be just like them, right? They're strong, and they surely don't take steroids right? This Documentary shows how they alter peoples images just to sell. Inside the pages there are ads on top of ads of supplements. You know anyone can make a supplement right? Anyone. There is no FDA requirement, and most supplements can contain very small amounts of the actual ingredients it's suppose to have and it is hidden behind a "Propitiatory Blend." Because of all this, I always feel like I am not good enough. I am not as big as Arnold, or Frank, or Jay. Heck, I'm not even bigger than most people in my gym. I will never be as strong or ripped or as big as I want to without steroids. It is physically impossible. So what is the point of trying if I do not have steroids? Lifting, the one thing I have in my life is nothing but a fake image. The before and after shots of people can be done in the same day as proven by this documentary. Who should I trust, and what should I take? Should I turn to steroids to give me the physique that I have always dreamed of, or is it the easy way out and cheating?
This is a sad day indeed for me.

"I was raised to believe that cheater's never prosper, but in America it seems like cheater's always prosper."
"There's a clash in America between doing the right thing, and being the best."

Movie Link - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=X6FP7M1A
Click play, close the pop-up, the click play again.

So main thing is this. Steroids are the choice of the athlete. And you are right you have to work while on them. One thing I like to tell people is that you can give steroids to a Chihuahua but that sure as hell does not make him a rottweiler. Steroids are a part of bodybuilding that is often overlooked. Ya there are steroids in the sport but there are also the naturals. I am not gonna tell you which way to go, your life you decide. I personally know a multitude of people on steroids (some more than 10 years on them) and on that note, I am one of the smaller people in the gym. But I don't think any less of them. It is the choice of the athlete and as a lifter says in an interview (I think around where the guys brother says he is in his last meet with roids), "Who am I or who are you to morally judge?" If you decided to put any supplemt Just be sure you do your research.

I have seen the movie mentioned above. Ya they show a lot about the supplement industry, but in reality it should be stuff you already know getting into the lifting world. You say it is all a "fake image" but Brother you are missing the point of lifting/bodybuilding lifestyle. It is about independence from the bonds of those who say what can and cannot be done. Shit people say we should not be able to lift 400+ lbs but I and many others can. Same goes with your bodybuilding mags, ya a lot of those guys are on roids- as Jay says, "There are drugs in the sport...there is always someone looking for that edge." But who you choose to listen to in the end is your call. Who really says you have to look like that, I quit reading those habitually years ago, ya I pick up and MD in the airport but thats along with The Economist, the ones to listen to are you and a seasoned veteran. Seek out the wisdom of those who are ahead of you and never be discouraged.

Need anything else PM me.

LeeMc
11-28-09, 5:30 pm
^He is right..

Your journey is a good read; I can relate to these things as I have just turned 20 and currently attending university/college. Keep focused and keep on rollin'.. best of luck

Serpiente-6509
11-29-09, 1:55 am
You know funny thing, I have gotten the whole gay thing too, from parents, girlfriend, you name it. The always give the whole you have posters of men on your wall (Three of Frank McGrath from the animal line you know "Power of One", etc) oh and that I am concerned with my physical appearance or some bullshit like that. I am thoroughly convinced that, yes I may sound elitist, those who are not dedicated that which we have chosen. It is something every lifter goes through brother. I'm 21 and still get it.

Don't let this get to you. I leave you with a quote:
What more noble and dignified pursuit could there be than pushing the envelope of what we were meant to be? What is wrong with wanting more than the regular? Let me tell you what is wrong… NOTHING! When it all comes down, and its time to pay the tab, you know you are paid in full. Let those others stand there looking at each other, waiting to see who has a mid-life crisis first. -Machine

Remember that man. I have included two pick me up vids below. Keep your head up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4fvjZ4NIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfexfwHUgo&feature=related

BryanSmash!
11-29-09, 2:11 am
A couple of things I'd like to say here.

If you're going to be trying out for football the don't train for MMA over the summer. Train exclusively for football. If you want to be conditioned then push a 2x4 up and down the field until you puke.

Reacting calmly to adversity no matter how much it pisses you off will only give you more character in the future. If guys there are calling you gay for having posters of bodybuilders on the wall then just roll with it. Use the whole situation as a pick up line for women. Walk up to a girl and say "If I wasn't so gay, I'd be hitting on you all night", then walk away. It's a great icebreaker and will only make you more confident in yourself.

Serpiente-6509
11-29-09, 2:13 am
A couple of things I'd like to say here.

If you're going to be trying out for football the don't train for MMA over the summer. Train exclusively for football. If you want to be conditioned then push a 2x4 up and down the field until you puke.

Reacting calmly to adversity no matter how much it pisses you off will only give you more character in the future. If guys there are calling you gay for having posters of bodybuilders on the wall then just roll with it. Use the whole situation as a pick up line for women. Walk up to a girl and say "If I wasn't so gay, I'd be hitting on you all night", then walk away. It's a great icebreaker and will only make you more confident in yourself.

Good post! Oh and great idea as to a pick up line. You are definitely right

J-DOG
12-01-09, 7:31 pm
Bro,

I hear your pain and know where you are coming from cause i am sure alot of your fellow Animals have been in the same sort of place at one time or another throughout their lives.
What you have to do (and this is not easy it never is) is rise above all the bullshit that is thrown at you from every concievable angle. It could be friends, family or a complete stranger but you have to focus on what you want out of life. If this female friend of yours is what you want then just tell her what you want out of your reletionship. You will etither be plesantly surprised or maybe you won't be, but at least then you will have your answer and can move on to whatever else it is you need out of life.
Don't let the best of life pass you by be man enough to stand up and fight for what you deserve because you owe it to yourself!
And always remember that no matter what path you choose it is you who chose it, and you have your training and fellow Animals who have your back if you need it.
PM me if you want to have a chat about anything bro i am more than happy to lend my two cents if you want it.

Peace

JD