PDA

View Full Version : Shit, I can't walk!

JeremyT
04-05-09, 12:38 pm
Well bro's, I used to read threads on this forum all the time about guys who, after leg day, actually couldn't walk for a couple days. I have just switched from a workout program of using heavy weight and very low reps, to one with slightly lighter weight and high reps, and let me tell you, it was kicking my ass on the rest of my body, but my legs seem to have taken it harder. Last night I could not sleep because I could not find a comfortable position, and today I cannot really walk at all. I was using the adductor machine, and did 4 hard sets, and then one big drop set at the end. MISTAKE. Anyhow does anyone else have any days like this, where they are literally in pain all the time from soreness? What did you guys do to try and help it??

Thanks in advance bros!

rocky36
04-05-09, 2:07 pm
hot showers and baths, asprin or tylenol. A good multi vitiamin like Pak. massage them whenever you have a free minute.

There isnt much you can do other than that, and its still gonna be sore, it just comes with the sport

mritter3
04-05-09, 3:17 pm
yo J i have those days 3 days a week, and i love them, you will get through it, ice em down, hot shower, not to sound gay but an epsom salt bath will do wonders, you take omega and pak?

JeremyT
04-05-09, 3:22 pm
I take pak, but not omega. I have been really tight on money lately and have been sticking to the basics only. Pak, Pump, and BCAA's for intraworkout. Do you feel omega makes a big difference with recovery?

Redline19
04-05-09, 6:40 pm
try some VERY easy cardio on stationary bike after your workout. not much, 10-15 min is enough. yeah is sounds gay, but it helped me being able to take a decent poo next morning.

paintrain69
04-05-09, 7:20 pm
all of those are great and i would recommend doing. also a very key thing would be to stretched...highly advanced stretching. it'll kill ya but it gets all of that lactic acid out

bamfrblb4
04-15-09, 7:43 pm
a leg massage from the girl

bassmonkey16
04-15-09, 7:56 pm
try some VERY easy cardio on stationary bike after your workout. not much, 10-15 min is enough. yeah is sounds gay, but it helped me being able to take a decent poo next morning.

spot on bro. if i don't sit on the bike or treadmill before my legs cool down, i can pretty well write off any kind of activity that involves walking the next day or two.

Big3
04-15-09, 8:13 pm
Well bro's, I used to read threads on this forum all the time about guys who, after leg day, actually couldn't walk for a couple days. I have just switched from a workout program of using heavy weight and very low reps, to one with slightly lighter weight and high reps, and let me tell you, it was kicking my ass on the rest of my body, but my legs seem to have taken it harder. Last night I could not sleep because I could not find a comfortable position, and today I cannot really walk at all. I was using the adductor machine, and did 4 hard sets, and then one big drop set at the end. MISTAKE. Anyhow does anyone else have any days like this, where they are literally in pain all the time from soreness? What did you guys do to try and help it??

Thanks in advance bros!

Not to sound like an ass, but what were you doing on the adductor machine?

BTW, you'll get used to the soreness. It feels great. FYI, an icebath following the workout and a hot shower after the icebath will do wonders. Always stretch after the workout and hot shower

Cstlfx
04-16-09, 12:12 am
Use a tool like a The Stick or a foam roller. It will hurt like hell, but your soreness will be cut down exponentially. Also, liniments and pain reliever/NSAID helps.

Psycho77
04-16-09, 12:27 am

Thanks in advance bros!

Congrats bro. that must have been one solid leg day. You'll get used to the soreness and might even miss it (like me). Cherish the feeling. lol.

A hot dip in the tub or jacuzzi always fixes me up.

Mizzarler
04-16-09, 12:46 am
it's weird like after i do legs and have my post w/o meal i'm realllllly tired...then i'm like wide awake and cant go to sleep lol

DanTheMan
04-16-09, 7:19 pm
a leg massage from the girl

x2.... :)

E-Train
04-17-09, 11:00 am
yeah, leg days are the best bro. Icyhot does it for me!