PDA

View Full Version : training 2 bodyparts a day help, routine

BeastCook
03-28-09, 7:54 pm
since younger people still have high testosterone would they grow better if they trained a muscle twice a week? for example like this:

monday-back,traps,bi
pullups
barbell row
deadlift
barbell curl

tuesday-rest

wednesday- chest, delts, triceps
bench press
military press
dips
skull crushers

thursday- rest

friday- back, bi
pullups
barbell row
barbell curl

saturday- legs
squats or front squats
leg presses
db lunges
stiff deads

sunday- chest, delts, triceps
bench press
incline dumbbell press
military press
v-bar pushdowns
dips

shizz702
03-28-09, 8:11 pm
Bro doing something like that would just burn you out.

If you want to train multiple bodyparts 2 or more times a week your best bet is to do full body consistenting mainly of a few compound movements where you squat, bench, and pull 3x a week, something like madcow, or the texas method.

And you definitely would not want to prioritize your chest over your legs, your legs have more musculature than any other part of the body, and will induce the most growth/testosterone in your body from hard training.

cstmgp
03-28-09, 8:17 pm
Well, I don't know about young people, but I'm 26 and I've been using something similar.
I have been using a routine with no regaurd to the day of the week, simply listening to my body. I think that is the key, if my body feels recovered, I hit it, if not, it's a rest day.
I'm using a pull/push/legs routine. I do not train legs twice though. The order of my routine looks like this, I'll put in days of the week just for reference:
Sunday:pull-8-12 reps moderate weight

monday: push- 8-12 reps moderate weight

tuesday:legs

wed:rest

thurs:pull-2-6 reps heavy weight

Fri:push-2-6 reps heavy weight

sat: rest
sun: rest
Now, that's just an example, the order and workout type stays the same, but the days may switch. I may rest wed and thurs, or take a rest day between push and legs.
I am by no means an expert, but I'v been experimenting with this routine, and getting some pretty good gains.
Shaun

JasonG
03-29-09, 2:06 am
I would say if your hitting everything HARD once a week and you feel recouperated to step it up to twice a week, then give it a shot and see how your body responds. If it doesn't work out then go back to once a week or try hitting one body part a week twice on a revolving basis and go from there. Experiment and you'll get the answers for yourself with your body. Most likely though you'll end up overtraining. I'd like to try this as well but I don't have the time. I feel like sometimes I could hit almost everything except legs a little sooner than my split allows. Then again I'm sure I'm fully rested for the next split cycle too.

sanga
03-29-09, 8:30 am
In the old days we all trained each bodypart twice a week,I did the following for ages and it worked.

Mon and Thurs calfs, thighs, chest, triceps

Tues and Fri Back, shoulders, biceps

Everyone in the 80s trained each bodypart twice a week, pros each part 3 times a week in some cases.

I think I read that Dave Palumbo still trains each bodypart twice a week.

Personally once a week all out is enough for me and I recommend once rather than twice or 3 times as long as you are training all out, eating and resting then you will get results.

cstmgp
03-29-09, 8:47 am
Having a set routine that hits everything hard twice a week would be hard to recover from. I only finish the entire routine posted above if my body feels recovered before each workout. I also use a pull/push style, so there is the absolute minimum indirect training.
The hardest thing to hit so close together is deads and squats.

Shaun

theharjmann
03-29-09, 10:26 am
since younger people still have high testosterone would they grow better if they trained a muscle twice a week? for example like this:

monday-back,traps,bi
pullups
barbell row
deadlift
barbell curl

tuesday-rest

wednesday- chest, delts, triceps
bench press
military press
dips
skull crushers

thursday- rest

friday- back, bi
pullups
barbell row
barbell curl

saturday- legs
squats or front squats
leg presses
db lunges
stiff deads

sunday- chest, delts, triceps
bench press
incline dumbbell press
military press
v-bar pushdowns
dips

just play around and see if it works for you bro. i know training one bodypary twice a week wont work for me but it might for you.

there is no set rule(s) in this game. Just experiment and see what happens.

GOod luck.

Chin
03-29-09, 4:16 pm
just play around and see if it works for you bro. i know training one bodypary twice a week wont work for me but it might for you.

there is no set rule(s) in this game. Just experiment and see what happens.

GOod luck.

Its true... the only way you're gonna find out is if you try it...

Personally...

I do 2x muscle groups all the time... but I am "overtraining" all the time... I've done the same muscle groups in the same day before... but IMO, it depends on what you're doing... if your building for mass I wouldn't recommend it... but if you are cutting down or trying to plateau bust it can be a useful tool.

Really the only way I pull this off is if I train heavy one day and hit up a high rep day the second day...

This is my current split right now...

Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders and Traps
Friday - Chest and Back
Saturday - Arms
Sunday - Rest (Cardio and Core)

Generally... I also do cardio after my workouts at least 3 times a week... Go heavy early in the week... and light later in the week... Hope it helps...

Chin

BeastCook
04-05-09, 2:38 am
hey tommrrow i have to train 2 bodyparts because i had to take a couple days off so i gota play a little catch up, if i have atleast a 5 hour spand in between lifts i can still grow right?
for example 10am chest and then 6pm legs

eric downey
04-05-09, 5:16 am
working to major body parts is nevera good idea. dont worry about make up days just pick up where you left off or do chest and light shoulders with it. doing to full workouts is not good for a novice lifter

rocket1
04-05-09, 12:37 pm
If you want to do both workouts, I think spreading them out would be fine. If you decide to one and skip the other, I wouldn't worry about losing any strength. You can't lose much in a couple of days.

BeastCook
04-05-09, 12:40 pm
working to major body parts is nevera good idea. dont worry about make up days just pick up where you left off or do chest and light shoulders with it. doing to full workouts is not good for a novice lifter

alright thanks

type-A
04-05-09, 1:55 pm
I have done this before and saw some nice gains from it, apart from being tremedously sore. I definitely would not do it all the time though as it you surely will be overtraining. I read in a magazine that in order to properly train twice a day you are supposed to have 6 hours in between the two workouts.

rocky36
04-05-09, 2:02 pm

+2

if you do go ahead and go twice a day just eat like hell make sure your getting a lot of protein and i wouldnt do it unless i could get at least 9-10 hours of sleep at night

BeastCook
04-05-09, 11:20 pm
hey ive been lacking it lately and i have got practice 2-4 days a week, i need to contruct a routine that will fit lifting days a week, like this

monday- chest, back
tuesday- delts, traps,
wednesday- arms
thursday- practice
friday- legs
saturday- rest or practice
sunday- rest of practice

monday- incline dumbbell press
flat dumbbell press
pullups
barbell rows
t-bar rows
deadlifts

tuesday- dumbbell military press
rear delt raises
wide and close grip upright rows
dumbbell shrugs

wednesday-
close grip bench press
skull crushers
pushdowns
dips
barbell curl
hammer curl

thursday- practice

friday - squats or front squats
leg presses
lunges

is this a good routine for overall mass growth? can one of you animals critque it? and yes my diet is in check, currently using the pak and creatine

Pizzalamp
04-05-09, 11:37 pm
i would maybe do
mon-chest delts tris
tues-back bis
fri-legs

on those upright rows i would just do wide grip
on tris i would do either skulls or close grip bench-but not both-and maybe add in an extension move
for legs i would do a hamstring exercise like leg curls

hey ive been lacking it lately and i have got practice 2-4 days a week, i need to contruct a routine that will fit lifting days a week, like this

monday- chest, back
tuesday- delts, traps,
wednesday- arms
thursday- practice
friday- legs
saturday- rest or practice
sunday- rest of practice

monday- incline dumbbell press
flat dumbbell press
pullups
barbell rows
t-bar rows
deadlifts

tuesday- dumbbell military press
rear delt raises
wide and close grip upright rows
dumbbell shrugs

wednesday-
close grip bench press
skull crushers
pushdowns
dips
barbell curl
hammer curl

thursday- practice

friday - squats or front squats
leg presses
lunges

is this a good routine for overall mass growth? can one of you animals critque it? and yes my diet is in check, currently using the pak and creatine

Preservation
04-06-09, 8:42 pm
dude straight up with yeah working out twice a day could lead to over training and a break wall becareful you want the results pace it..remember bods are the clay and the weights are the tools to shape you...

E-Train
04-07-09, 8:09 am
sounds like alot...