PDA

View Full Version : Dips

bigmike08
04-06-09, 3:40 pm
hey guys, I was wondering, when exactly do you animals incorporate your dips in your work outs? I have been seeing when I do them at the end of my workout, I can't do near the amount that I'm able to do at the start of my workouts. When doing them at the start I find that I am a bit drained since they are a good upper body workout. Just wondering when you dudes hit them up. Any suggestions are good to go.

Thanks Brothers, and soon to come, BigMike's Journey
BigMike

Ghost26
04-06-09, 3:53 pm
sup bro, i hear you man i do them at the end of my chest workout on the weight assisted with strict form and slow because at the end of my chest workout im beat so i can only do them on the weight assisted, usually do 2 sets till failure to burn it out, tear it up man

GJN5002
04-06-09, 3:55 pm
I know a lot of guys do them for chest, but I absolutely hate doing dips for chest. I usually do them for tri's/ If I do em early in the workout I add a few plates on my belt and if its to finish up I just use bodyweight with slow controlled motion to failur.

Gambit
04-06-09, 4:08 pm
It depends. Somedays, when I don't feel like doing cable crossovers as a finisher for chest, I'll do dips instead. If I don't do that, I'll typically include them in my triceps routine. Generally, I'll keep them towards the end of my workout, that way I know I'll be a little taxed, and my bodyweight will suffice for poundage.

It all comes down to feel, I guess.

paintrain69
04-06-09, 4:46 pm
i always do my dips on tri days. and at the end of my workout. i take each rep nice and slow to recieve the full effect and i just dig down to use everything i have to do about 5 sets. you just gotta bring out the animal in ya bro. dig deep and think to yourself (how bad do you want it). goodluck bro. hope that helps a bit.

bigmike08
04-06-09, 4:57 pm
i always do my dips on tri days. and at the end of my workout. i take each rep nice and slow to recieve the full effect and i just dig down to use everything i have to do about 5 sets. you just gotta bring out the animal in ya bro. dig deep and think to yourself (how bad do you want it). goodluck bro. hope that helps a bit.

ha just took my Pump and figured I'd read the post, pretty sure your words at the end of the quote got me pretty jacked for this workout. And I'll do them at the end, fuck it...we're animals. Doesn't matter when we do 'em.

Thanks,
Bigmike

shizz702
04-06-09, 5:07 pm
Heavy weighted dips are an equal mass builder to the bench press, and even debatable in being superior to it. Where to place them in your routine really depends on how you feel about them, the general consensus is chest or arm day, either way if you want to get strong on them place them somewhere on the top of either day.

paintrain69
04-06-09, 6:24 pm
good im glad that got you cranked bigmike08! that's what we are here for...for each other! now go throw around them weights bro!

h 3 L L b 0 y
04-06-09, 6:29 pm
I do them at the end of my chest workout, and at the start of my triceps workout. Overkill? Once a week enough?

paintrain69
04-06-09, 6:47 pm
personally hellboy...i don't think it's overkill as long as the days aren't back to back...i don't see anything wrong with it to be honest...just gotta make sure you are giving the tricep at least a day or two to recover because it is a main big muscle...

bigmike08
04-06-09, 8:45 pm
Well I did them at the end of the chest workout and begging of the tri workout, cranked out more then I usually do (when I do them at the end of the workout). Plus today was one hell of a day as in for attitude and strength. Thanks again all

mritter3
04-06-09, 10:47 pm
if i do them on chest day than its towards the end, if it is arm day than i do weighted ones towards the beginning.

2003Slobra
04-06-09, 11:19 pm
If I am not going to do CGBP on Arm Day, I will go ahead and do Weighted Dips at the beginning of my Tricep routine. I will usually warm up with a quick set of 25 at BW then use anywhere from 45-90 LBS and vary my reps. I will also do dips on Chest Day as a finisher, but make sure I use strict form and not worry so much on rep count but MMC.

E-Train
04-07-09, 8:02 am
I always do my dips on chest/tri days, kicks the hell out of my arms, but then i make sure that the next few days i get good rest, if i must lift then i will go with legs and abs....