PDA

View Full Version : the foundations of an Animal

J A Y
04-06-09, 7:00 pm
just puttin it out there. random question, dont really know wether it comes under livin or training! so apoligise for any mix up if there is but what do you guys think really portrays the image of an animal, obviousli the determination and the desire to succeed where others fail, but i mean as in the base or the foundations of a 'big man'.

For example if u saw a guy walking down the street and you looked at him and fort damn he must train hard, or hes a monster, what would stick out as in terms of bodyparts... like i seem to think the back and legs.

i suppose you could bring in terms of bodybuilding as in where the lats and delts give a appearence of a wide v taper! or massive hulking traps give the look of a real dedicated lifter as these are a neglected muscle group among many! or another good example the forearms! give the appearance of a 'labourer' so to speak! (no offence at all intended to anyone!!!)

obviously in an ideal world you want a perfectly balanced physique but in terms of my question....

what would really stick out for you guys!?

J A Y
04-06-09, 7:07 pm
like a good example ive just fort of is the front of the animal pak tin, the original picture of frank stood with his back towards the camera taken from below. he looks absoluteli huge and freakish in size! the aim of all the lifters on here im guessing!

stumblin54
04-07-09, 12:35 am
Personally, I'm impressed when someone's wearing a hoodie and sweats and still look jacked. Obviously this probably means they're a mass monster, and not everybody is one, so also when somebody's wearing shorts and they have jacked calves and forearms. More times than not this is a sign of some serious pulling and squatting.

Stumblin

ironbound
04-07-09, 9:16 am
Personally, I'm impressed when someone's wearing a hoodie and sweats and still look jacked.

Definitely man. You know you're getting big when you're past the tight t-shirt insecurity phase and can walk in the gym in a sweatshirt and have people glaring at you.

J A Y
04-07-09, 11:47 am
haha yeeah thats what im talking about fella's, more input would be good haha but i know what im gunna aim for now haha...

RENFRO
04-07-09, 12:16 pm
I look at traps and delts...i think that's what sets the serious guys apart from the average joes that have decent arms. then of course tree trunks for legs always give away a serious lifter.

GJN5002
04-07-09, 12:19 pm
It really just depends on your goals. Some people are impressed when someone is massive but I dont see the point when youre body fat is 30% Some are also impressed with very lean physiques but the same theory goes, who cares if youre a lean 160lbs. I think someone who has an atheltic look is most impressive, not huge and not too lean. Overall, I think theyre is nothing more impresive than meeting a pro bodybuilder, but thats like .1% of the population and their bodies are far from normal.

stumblin54
04-07-09, 1:30 pm
This takes years and years you know JAY, if you're looking for a goal just put a picture up of any stacked bodybuilder on your wall and boom, motivation. I post pictures of Levrone up, because I believe he was the most aesthetically pleasing bodybuilder ever.

Stumblin

ironbound
04-07-09, 2:22 pm
This takes years and years you know JAY, if you're looking for a goal just put a picture up of any stacked bodybuilder on your wall and boom, motivation. I post pictures of Levrone up, because I believe he was the most aesthetically pleasing bodybuilder ever.

Stumblin
Yeah bro I've got a pic of me with Ronnie Coleman up in my room. I've never felt smaller in my life than when I stood next to him haha.

prowrestler
04-07-09, 2:29 pm
id have to say...

the yoke (neck,trap...upper chest too)
bulging delts
wide/thick back

forearms and calfs...some people who dont train have better ones then gym freaks so they mean fuck all to this IMO. i still appreciate them ALOT but they are soo genetic dependant.

InkdMuscle
04-07-09, 3:20 pm
Im not a huge guy jay. but im 5'7" 190 and a 32inch waist. I have been told that what stands out most is my upper chest traps and delts. I always get the "fuck dude ur huge". So i guess to others the traps/delts are what people are saying. for me i would say legs. because a lot of guys(of course not the ANIMALS) think they should only focus on upper body not lower. So when i see a guy who pays as much time and effort to his lower body as much as the upper that stands out to me.

mritter3
04-07-09, 3:32 pm
i think it comes down to a thick back and big strong quads. in my opinion those 2 bodyparts make someone look big, but hey usually if they have a strong back and lesgs, than they probally have a strong chest, arms, and calves too.

Alk
04-07-09, 4:12 pm
You know you're getting big when you're past the tight t-shirt insecurity phase and can walk in the gym in a sweatshirt and have people glaring at you.

Hey.

I like my small-ass T-shirts.

Ain't a phase for me buddy haha.

I have respect for big people in general, doesn't matter what they're wearing.

ironbound
04-07-09, 10:25 pm
Hey.

I like my small-ass T-shirts.

Ain't a phase for me buddy haha.

I have respect for big people in general, doesn't matter what they're wearing.
Haha man I didn't mean it like "It doesn't matter if you're Ronnie Coleman, if you're wearing a tight t-shirt I don't respect you." All I'm saying is that smaller dudes (not that I'm huge) tend to wear the extra-small skin tight t-shirts to try to show off their muscle because it doesn't show in a shirt that actually fits. Big dudes wear whatever the fuck they want because, no matter what they're wearing, their physique shows.

Survivor831
04-07-09, 10:44 pm
I look for people who look like Wrath!