PDA

View Full Version : BigMike's conquest to be a "freak"

bigmike08
04-08-09, 2:18 am
Alright, I've been encouraged by a few to start my own Journey, so hell might as well. With all of the pluses that I've read, I need to. I'll be trying to update daily on how I feel when I lift, foods I eat, workouts, and overall general thoughts.
My workout schedule will consist of:

Day 1 - Chest/Tri

BB Bench - 4x6
Incline - 4x6
Chest Flies DB - 3x10
Dips - 3x10
Skull Crushers - 3x8
Kickbacks- 3x8
Overhead Ex. - 3x6

Day 2 - Back/Abs

DL - 4x6
Pullups - 3x8
Pull downs - 4x8
BB Row - 3x8
Seated Cable Rows - 3x8
Decline Situps - 3x20
Leg raises (hanging) - 3x12

Day 3 - Shoulder/Bis

Military - 3x8
DB Raises - 3x10
Side Raises - 4x8
Rear Pec Dec Flies - 3x10
DB Curl - 3x8
Concentration Curls - 3x10
Hammer Curl - 3x10
BB Curl - 2x15

Day 4 - Legs/Abs

ATG Squats - 4x6
SLDL - 3x8
Leg Press - 4x8
Calve Raises - 5x10 (different feet position)
Leg Ex. - 3x8
Leg Curl - 4x6
V Ups - 3x10
Decline Situps - 4x10 (weighted)

Day 5 - Core

Side Raise (Obliques) - 3x12
Power Clean - 3x12
Back Crunch - 3x10
Hanging Leg Raises - 4x10

Alright brothers, there it is, let me hear your thoughts or concerns. I plan to intake quite a bit of food, still trying to perfect the diet so won't be posting right away. Mon-Wed-Friday are cardio days - at least 20 minutes each day.

Goals for this journey are simple to get as big as I can while losing a bit of body fat. I will post some 1RM when I get the chance, to let you bros know around what my workouts would consist of. Wish me luck, time to mold my body into a fucking FREAJ. As Bambam says "Ima get MINE!"

Let the fun begin!
BigMike

Lethal_Banana
04-08-09, 3:13 am
This looks like it will spell heavy volume baby! Make sure to eat clean if you want to lose some fat with it as well :D

I'll definitely be hanging around this one as it looks like it'll be one hell of a ride!

Cheers,
LB

Gambit
04-08-09, 10:14 am
All right, bub, let's see what you can do.

C.Coronato
04-08-09, 10:28 am
Looking good brother. Keep it up.

bigmike08
04-08-09, 12:10 pm
This looks like it will spell heavy volume baby! Make sure to eat clean if you want to lose some fat with it as well :D

I'll definitely be hanging around this one as it looks like it'll be one hell of a ride!

Cheers,
LB

Hey bro, I plan to have a very clean diet, that's why I stated I'm still perfecting it. Thanks though guys, and Gambit...I'm not here to bullshit, I'm here to become a freak! Ha

Cheers,
Bigmike

NJC_Manhattan
04-08-09, 12:25 pm
Looks like a solid workout plan to me. How's your diet looking?

Gambit
04-08-09, 1:37 pm
Man, why'd you have to single me out? hahaha

bigmike08
04-08-09, 2:08 pm
Looks like a solid workout plan to me. How's your diet looking?

Thanks for the reply on the workout, the diet right now, is consisting of alot of chicken breasts, and alot of fish. Along with serving of cottage cheese two times a day. Egg whites in the morning. I do have some fruits in the mix, bananas I can't get enough of, of course protein shakes, 2-3 a day, low cal low carb. I haven't been keeping track of the calorie intake or carb/pro/fat yet but I can say its probably a 4:3:1 ratio of Pro:Carb:Fats. Any suggestions on what my diet needs to consist of? Or if you feel I might be missing something? I eat a University Cafe, so getting any type of food is pretty easy. Take care.

Big M

Lethal_Banana
04-08-09, 2:16 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but remember to get in your veggies! They keep your bowel and intenstines alive and kicking! Plus, they're damn tasty too! Spinach is a given, probably no other veggie has so many good qualities, also check out broccoli and/or cauliflower too. If you really hate veggies I have a ton of recipes that'll mask specific tastes/textures if needed, hehe.

I always do this veggie speech as I feel too many bodybuilders neglect them in their diets. And don't fear the carbs from them, no need to even count em in my opinion. It's all good!

The reason we're all askin about your diet is cause as you know, it's what makes or breaks someone in this sport :D

Oh yeah, as for the meat, some extra lean ground beef or sirloin never hurt anyone!

Take it easy!

Cheers,
LB

bigmike08
04-08-09, 2:29 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but remember to get in your veggies! They keep your bowel and intenstines alive and kicking! Plus, they're damn tasty too! Spinach is a given, probably no other veggie has so many good qualities, also check out broccoli and/or cauliflower too. If you really hate veggies I have a ton of recipes that'll mask specific tastes/textures if needed, hehe.

I always do this veggie speech as I feel too many bodybuilders neglect them in their diets. And don't fear the carbs from them, no need to even count em in my opinion. It's all good!

The reason we're all askin about your diet is cause as you know, it's what makes or breaks someone in this sport :D

Oh yeah, as for the meat, some extra lean ground beef or sirloin never hurt anyone!

Take it easy!

Cheers,
LB

Ha yeah sorry bro, forgot the steamed veggies, I just had a mess of them for lunch, I have some Im not a fan of, but others I love. And as for Red Meat...haha I'm from Nebraska...I would be kicked out if I didn't like red meat. Thanks though LB for looking out for me.

Big M

bigmike08
04-08-09, 7:45 pm
WOW, today was literally hell, I haven't done SLDL since Highschool so I didn't go too heavy, but still have near perfect form so any weight on the bar really stretched the hammys. The attitude that I had when I went in there was more a less, Im going to kick this weights ass, no matter how bad my knees hurt ( I have Osgood Schlatter in both of my knees, so squats are leg ex. are a lil painful, not much I can do about it other then wraps ). I did my weight, did my cadio, and got out of there. Day 1 of the Journey down...just that much closer to becoming the freak I strive to be.

Legs/Abs

ATG squats 4x6
SLDL 3x8
Leg Press 4x8
Calve Raises 5x10
Leg Ex 3x8
Single Leg Curl 4x6
V - Ups 3x10

20 minutes bike

Another note, getting veins coming out of the calves not only in the front but even in the back of the calve...look out...haha

Big Mike

Lethal_Banana
04-08-09, 7:50 pm
Destroying the legs now are we? YEAH! Mm mm, love those SLDLs!

Cheers,
LB

bigmike08
04-08-09, 9:07 pm
Destroying the legs now are we? YEAH! Mm mm, love those SLDLs!

Cheers,
LB

Yeah man I tore them to shit today. But o well that means I'm doing something right, or that I have horrible form...I think its the first one though lol. Thanks for the support tho bro

BigM

BamBam
04-09-09, 11:52 am
WHATS UP BROTHER!!! I'm here!! Things looking good bro so far and you have some class act guys in here helping you out too! Workout split looks solid and NICE LEG DAY! ATG's with SLDL's...got my respect for those bro!

Anything you need brother lemme know. I can and will help you out with the diet, training, etc etc. I have learned alot in my short time on this earth and have a lot more to soak in but what I do know I will gladly share with you to help you become a FREAK!

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-09-09, 1:08 pm
Thanks BB, sore as shit today from those ATGs and SLDL but oh well, I know the results will be worth it soon. Gonna hit up Chest/Tris today, one of my favorites. Gonna be some intense shit going down today. I feel great other then my hammies so I can't wait.

BamBam
04-09-09, 1:29 pm
Thanks BB, sore as shit today from those ATGs and SLDL but oh well, I know the results will be worth it soon. Gonna hit up Chest/Tris today, one of my favorites. Gonna be some intense shit going down today. I feel great other then my hammies so I can't wait.

Glad you r feeling the aftermath of an intense session... I will be anxiously awaiting the results of that chest/tri session. Hit it hard brother..

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-10-09, 12:28 am
Glad you r feeling the aftermath of an intense session... I will be anxiously awaiting the results of that chest/tri session. Hit it hard brother..

IN IRON,
BB-

Alright here it is. Felt great today lifting, starting to really notice the thickness in the Tris, Chest is looking more full also... Here are the numbers

Chest/Tri
BB Bench - 135 w/u 225,235,245,265 4x6
BB Incline - 135 w/u 185,185,185,205 4x6
DB Flies - 35 3x10
Dips - 3x10 Bodyweight
SkullCrushers - 95,105,115 3x8
KickBacks - 25,35,35 3x10
Overhead Ex - 80,80,80,85 4x6
Pulldowns - 130,140,160 3x10

Starting to love this day, might move up in favorite past my Should/Bi workout. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Cheers,
Big M

Psycho77
04-10-09, 12:34 am
Great lifting BigMike.

Subbed for your journey to freakdom.

bigmike08
04-10-09, 12:39 am
Great lifting BigMike.

Subbed for your journey to freakdom.

Thanks man, any tips or pointers? I'm open for anything. Oh and if anyone reading this post is wondering some of my stats. 5'10'', 215lbs, BF:? Not sure on some of my 1rm since I haven't been doing much on legs or deadlift due to some bad osgood schlatter. I'll get ya some of those soon.

bigmike08
04-10-09, 2:08 pm
Shoulder/Bi day, my favorite. Went in took names,kicked ass, and walked out with a pump I've never experienced before. Never had such a sweat going on either, from just lifting. But here are the stats...

Day 3 - Shoulder/Bis

Military - 3x8 - 135,155,155
DB Raises - 3x10 - 25,25,25
Side Raises - 4x8 - 35,35,35,40
Rear Pec Dec Flies - 3x10 - 140,155,170
DB Curl - 3x8 - 35,40,45
Concentration Curls - 3x10 - 40,40,40
Hammer Curl - 3x10 - 35,35,40
BB Curl - 2x15 - 75,95
Close Grip Pullup - 3x6 - Bodyweight

Great day for lifting, I am still seeing major mass gains. Gotta love this shit.
Cheers,
Mike

BamBam
04-12-09, 5:01 pm
I like the mix of shoulders and bi's bro. Good shit. Glad the results r starting to become more apparent.

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-12-09, 8:51 pm
I like the mix of shoulders and bi's bro. Good shit. Glad the results r starting to become more apparent.

IN IRON,
BB-

Thanks man, I haven't switched up my lifting splits for way too long, which I know is a "no-no" so I saw what someone else was trying and figured hell why the fuck not...working well, first week is down, loving it. Gonna hit the gym up tonight. Can't wait, its only been 2 days of rest but it feels like I've been away from my other home for too long.

Mike

bigmike08
04-12-09, 11:12 pm
Shitty day at the weight room tonight. All I have to say is numbers were terrible.

Gambit
04-13-09, 10:33 am
Shitty day at the weight room tonight. All I have to say is numbers were terrible.

Believe me, man, happens to everybody. Just gotta bear it and kill it the next time out. Keep your head up

BamBam
04-13-09, 11:26 am

Here is a quote for you brother to help you get through days like this...

"Ya know you go into the gym and have good days and bad days...Sometimes you are Superman but other days you are Clark Kent"- VINNY

You just have to do everything in your power to have that "S"emblazed on your chest everyday you can bro. Just chalk it up to growth and ya know, shitty day or not, you still had the ability to get up, go to the gym, and lift. A blessing nonetheless.

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-13-09, 2:00 pm
Here is a quote for you brother to help you get through days like this...

"Ya know you go into the gym and have good days and bad days...Sometimes you are Superman but other days you are Clark Kent"- VINNY

You just have to do everything in your power to have that "S"emblazed on your chest everyday you can bro. Just chalk it up to growth and ya know, shitty day or not, you still had the ability to get up, go to the gym, and lift. A blessing nonetheless.

IN IRON,
BB-

Believe me, man, happens to everybody. Just gotta bear it and kill it the next time out. Keep your head up

Thanks guys, for the support and the confidence boost. I know not everyday is gonna be amazing, but I more or less was upset with myself because it didn't help the fact that I drank quite a bit this weekend, more or less seeming to "push" me back from where I've gotten. No worries though, new day, new attitude, gonna kick ass today.

Mike

BamBam
04-13-09, 2:09 pm
Thanks guys, for the support and the confidence boost. I know not everyday is gonna be amazing, but I more or less was upset with myself because it didn't help the fact that I drank quite a bit this weekend, more or less seeming to "push" me back from where I've gotten. No worries though, new day, new attitude, gonna kick ass today.

Mike

Trust me...I found out about drinking and having it push you away from your goals. Do I still, yes, will I when I begin to diet or pick a PL meet to do...NO!!! You are a human being and you have to enjoy your life but you are smart and u know you have to keep some things at a minimum. But like you said, new day, new week, new goals...U r a strong dude both mind and body. Keep pushing bro!!

p.s.- Arnold drank beer...so...guess it can't be too bad ;)

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-13-09, 2:28 pm
Trust me...I found out about drinking and having it push you away from your goals. Do I still, yes, will I when I begin to diet or pick a PL meet to do...NO!!! You are a human being and you have to enjoy your life but you are smart and u know you have to keep some things at a minimum. But like you said, new day, new week, new goals...U r a strong dude both mind and body. Keep pushing bro!!

p.s.- Arnold drank beer...so...guess it can't be too bad ;)

IN IRON,
BB-

Haha Arnold drank some beer alright, but the shit that he was drinking you have to chew, maybe thats the secret, Dark Heavy German beer?

BamBam
04-13-09, 8:19 pm
Haha Arnold drank some beer alright, but the shit that he was drinking you have to chew, maybe thats the secret, Dark Heavy German beer?

DAS BOOT!!! lol. Just remember at the end of the day it all comes down to calories in vs calories out...so go bend the iron and have a brew on me!!

IN IRON,
BB-

bigmike08
04-14-09, 3:05 pm
Day 2 : Back/Abs (4-13)

Wow, I am extremely sore from doing deadlifts, since I haven't done them in a while I was going for completely strict form the weight will come after I make sure the form is still what it used to be. I was surprised how sore my lats are today, along with my biceps, and lower back. I don't quite understand the biceps since I didn't work them out yesterday and when I did pull ups, I was doing wide reverse grip...(or palms away from me). Good workout over all. Lats looked huge when I was doing the pull ups..not Ronnie Coleman huge, but still that much closer to becoming the "freak" Im going for!

Deadlift - 4x6 : 185,225,275,315
Pullups - 3x8 : Bodyweight
Lat Pulldowns - 4x8 : 160,170,170,180
BB Row - 3x8 : 135,135,135
Seated Row - 3x8 : 140,180,180
Decline Situps - 3x20
Leg Raise - 3x12

Overall the form in my deadlifts were very close to perfect, not a jerky motion that you see alot of younger guys doing. Very smooth, back straight, scrapping knees and shins, then hips moving forward as it gets past the knees. Pretty excited to see how fast this number will progress.

Only question is, the biceps, why would they be sore? Pull ups? Deadlift? Those are two things that I haven't been doing weekly and are my only excuses for them having this soreness.

Thanks brothers!
Mike

Gambit
04-14-09, 3:19 pm
Biceps get a LOT of work on back day. They may not be the primary target of muscular development, but think about how often they're used in a back workout. Deads, pullups, rows...everything works them to some degree.

Good work, Mike.

bigmike08
04-14-09, 3:24 pm
Biceps get a LOT of work on back day. They may not be the primary target of muscular development, but think about how often they're used in a back workout. Deads, pullups, rows...everything works them to some degree.

Good work, Mike.

Yeah I def know what your saying there, but I haven't experienced this sort of soreness with them before. Would it not be a good idea to have my Shoulder/Bicep work out following my Back/Ab work out? For the simple fact that I might not be getting all of my bicep when I try and isolated them, yano? Thanks for the comment though Gambit.

Mike

Gambit
04-14-09, 3:31 pm
Yeah I def know what your saying there, but I haven't experienced this sort of soreness with them before. Would it not be a good idea to have my Shoulder/Bicep work out following my Back/Ab work out? For the simple fact that I might not be getting all of my bicep when I try and isolated them, yano? Thanks for the comment though Gambit.

Mike

I think it's just something that you'll get used to. I had the same problem at first when I did chest/biceps and back work the day after. Remember, arms aren't the focal point of a freaky-physique. They add to it, absolutely, and they're definitely important...but a massive chest, back, cannonball shoulders and strong wheels should be the main concerns.

Machine said "Anybody can 'get' arms" and I couldn't agree with him more. Just my opinion, though.

bigmike08
04-14-09, 3:40 pm
I think it's just something that you'll get used to. I had the same problem at first when I did chest/biceps and back work the day after. Remember, arms aren't the focal point of a freaky-physique. They add to it, absolutely, and they're definitely important...but a massive chest, back, cannonball shoulders and strong wheels should be the main concerns.

Machine said "Anybody can 'get' arms" and I couldn't agree with him more. Just my opinion, though.

Very very true, nor am I that dude that goes for the arms, More or less I have seen the increase of the biceps through my main lifts, bench, deadlift, and rows. Thanks though bro.

Cheers,
Mike

bigmike08
04-15-09, 4:56 pm
Day 3 : Shoulders/Biceps (4-14)

Military - 3x8 - 135,155,155
DB Raises - 3x10 - 35,35,40,45
Side Raises - 4x8 - 25,25,25
Rear Pec Dec Flies - 3x10 - 140,170,170
DB Curl - 3x8 - 35,40,45
Concentration Curls - 3x10 - 40,40,40
Hammer Curl - 3x10 - 35,35,35
BB Curl - 2x15 -75,95
Close Grip Pullups - 3x6 - bodyweight

Arms are shoulders were pretty well rounded by the end of the workout. Really looking to try and get some good looking shoulders, I have heard countless times that I have such a good frame for some killer shoulders, but still need to get them the mass. Rear delts are feeling it today, alot with the lats that are sore from the day before. The curls are starting to get almost too easy when I am doing that weight, might try and up it next week or the week following.

Any comments are appreciated . Also critic too!

Cheers,
Mike

Gambit
04-15-09, 5:43 pm
Solid work, Mike. As for the weights, don't forget about those 2.5lbs plates...they can be your best friend when upping your weights

bigmike08
04-15-09, 8:37 pm
Solid work, Mike. As for the weights, don't forget about those 2.5lbs plates...they can be your best friend when upping your weights

Alright man, I usually do forget about those, I don't like putting them on, I figure if I can do 5 lbs more, then I can do 10 lbs more. Thanks for the encouragement.

Mike

bigmike08
04-15-09, 8:44 pm
Day 4 : Wheels/Abs (4-15)

ATG Squats - 4x6 -135 w/u,225,275,295,315
SLDL - 3x8 - 135 w/u, 185,185,185
Leg Press - 4x8 DNF- Hammies were getting tight when I went to do this
Calve Raises - 5x10 (different feet position) Full Rack 10 plates
Leg Ex. - 3x8 - 150,170,180
Leg Curl - 4x6 - 90,90,110
V Ups - 3x10
Hanging leg raise - 3x15

Great day today. I bought some extra strength wraps for my knees, so that I can actually do squats and not have my knee feel like its going to burst, they worked amazingly. My calves are starting to get some sick size, along with my hammies feeling a great workout.

Question: What is everyone's position on power squats? (legs spread further apart and ass touching ground between your legs rather then behind your legs.) I did them also today just 3x10 for 225, and I thought those hit some other points in my legs that I'm not getting with reg atg squats. Letme know

Cheers,
Mike

BamBam
04-17-09, 1:03 pm
Just dropping by bro to see if u r still killing it...and you are lol! Nice wheel session...I will have to throw down today to match the intensity!!

bigmike08
04-17-09, 1:42 pm
Just dropping by bro to see if u r still killing it...and you are lol! Nice wheel session...I will have to throw down today to match the intensity!!

Good shit to hear, I know the numbers don't compare, but I still like the fact that your going to try and match the intensity I bring. Ha.

bigmike08
04-17-09, 1:47 pm
Day 1 : Chest/Tris (4-16)

DB Bench - 4x6 - 70s,80s,85s,90s
DB Incline - 4x6 - 60,65,70
Chest Flies DB - 3x10 - 30,35,45
Dips - 3x10 Bodyweight
Skull Crushers - 3x8 (heavy) 95,115,115
Kickbacks- 3x8 - 30,30,35
Overhead Ex. - 3x6 - 75,75,80
Tris Pulldown - 3x8 - 120,150,150

Hard to have some one else help me on that last set of Pulldowns that's how blitzed I got today! I re attempted my day one that i tried for on Sunday because well I didn't lift worth a shit.

Tried out DB bench for the first time in my life, I liked it alot. I think that I can get the 100s by the next time I work out, I wasn't quite sure of my self when I grabbed them so I didn't wanna fuck up and get hurt. But overall quite sure the DB bench hits some shit that BB bench misses. Over all great work out and thanks to everyone out there reading.

Cheers,
Mike

bigmike08
04-20-09, 8:49 pm
Alright brothers, doing things a little different. I was checking out the site the other day in class, and had never explored the different splits that are given on the Training page. I was checking out all 11 and found one that really really caught my eye. Im going to give it one hell of a shot and see what I can do with it. The split is here http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=148& check it out...let the journey begin...

Day 1: Chest (4-20)

Flat dumbbell press: 3 w/u-60
Flat dumbbell press: 3xfailure - 80x12,90x9,95x7
Incline dumbbell press: 1 w/u - 30
Incline dumbbell press: 3xfailure - 60x12,70x8,70x7
Flat Flies - 4 sets ascending x12 - 25,30,35,40- spotter on last 2 reps
Incline Flies - 4 sets ascending x12 - 30,35,40,45
Dips - 3xfailure - 15,12,6

Holy shit, I have never had my Pecs feel the burn like I did today, it was amazing. Im impressed with how well I can do the DB press, even though I have gotten a one rep max on BB press of 300 before, I never thought I could be this close to the 100s. This is the begining of the end of the non freak like kid, and a start to something amazing.

Tomorrow is back, I cant wait to tear that shit up. I'm more excited about lifting then I have ever been. Who is coming along for the ride?

-Mike

bigmike08
04-21-09, 4:33 pm
holy hell Im sore! hopefully I recovered a bit quicker then normal. Back day today! Gonna tear it up.

-Mike

Gambit
04-21-09, 4:35 pm
Great work you're doing, Mike. keep poundin

bigmike08
04-21-09, 4:55 pm
Great work you're doing, Mike. keep poundin

Thanks bro, and bet your ass I will...

-Mike

mritter3
04-21-09, 5:47 pm
great chest day bigmike, nice work with the dumbells, cant wait to see how you do with your back today, i will come along for the ride....peace

bigmike08
04-21-09, 7:44 pm
great chest day bigmike, nice work with the dumbells, cant wait to see how you do with your back today, i will come along for the ride....peace

Glad to have you along bro, it was one hell of a day today.. Ill post

bigmike08
04-21-09, 7:53 pm
Day 2 : Back (4-21)

Reverse Rows: 3 w/u - 95s
Reverse Rows: 4 working sets - 185x8,195x8,205x7,135x17
Pulldowns (mid-range grip): 4 working sets - 140x12,170x8,180x7,120x15
Low Pulley Rows: 4x12 - 110 (pretty tough to get last reps, but got all of them)
One Arm Rows: 3x10 - 65s
Deadlifts: 5 sets x failure - 185x12,225x10,275x8,325x4,395x1 (PR)

A little recap of the day, was hard as fuck to do dead lifts after I had worked with max intensity on the other sets, but fuck it, I got em done. New PR on dead lift. Happy about that.

When I started my one armed rows, got a sick feeling in my stomach like I was going to puke, I've had this feeling before when doing squats so I fought through it and got me shit done. That's Animal.

Tomorrow is shoulders.

-Mike

bigmike08
04-28-09, 8:20 pm
Its been a while since I have been on here. School is winding down and Im getting a little overwhelmed with shit that I put off in the earlier months, so Im trying to catch up. No worries I'm still down in the trenches battling with all that I have, 5 days a week. The new routine split that Im hitting it pretty fucking amazing. Its the #9 split on the training site. Working well getting thick as fuck. Ill be pretty spotting on replying, but wanted everyone to know Im still here, still working, and still persueing that goal of being a Freak

-Mike