PDA

View Full Version : "Off" Days at the Gym: What to do?

Glory
04-08-09, 6:36 pm
When it's an off day and I want to go to the gym I want to know what I can resort to. I know I can do cardio but what else?

Iceiktitan
04-08-09, 6:39 pm
Off days are just that. You can take them completely off which is reccomended by some and not others. Other than that, you can do these things....

Abs
Stretching
Go to the steam room or sauna
Play some b-ball/v-ball or any other sport with non-high intensity

Use your mind, you'll find something to do.

mritter3
04-08-09, 6:39 pm
cardio, abs, research on the forum, tons of info.....pre cook your meals for the week, rest up, your body needs it to grow.

Glory
04-08-09, 6:45 pm
I like doing cardio and abs on my off days, I was just wondering what other people did. Thanks brothers.

AFTazz06
04-08-09, 7:07 pm
I like doing cardio and abs on my off days, I was just wondering what other people did. Thanks brothers.

If your doing that, then you technically dont have any off days. Off days should be just that, off, rest, relax, follow your nutrition plan, get sleep if you can, etc.

Tifferzzz
04-08-09, 7:19 pm
Let's see - off days.

Yeah, in basically every workout program it tells you to take an off day to rest.

Unfortunately, off days (for me), are days to sit and obsess about the losses that are gaining, b/c of not working out.

Workout for three hours? Sure - I can do that.

Take a day and Not workout? Hardest thing in the world for me.

AFTazz06
04-08-09, 10:59 pm
Unfortunately, off days (for me), are days to sit and obsess about the losses that are gaining, b/c of not working out.

Its should be contrary to that, you should enjoy your time off and just think about the recovery process your muscles are going through. Remember, you grow OUTSIDE the gym, in the gym your tearing down your muscles.