PDA

View Full Version : The BEST 72g of Protein You'll EVER Have!

MrMuscles22
04-08-09, 10:29 pm
For something new I thought I'd try something new with my protein shake tonight. I took an 8oz carton of Egg Beaters dumped it into a shaker, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, 33g natural PB, and 1 packet of Stevia and used my hand blender and mixed it all up and drank it down! Holy shit it tasted like desert! It was thick like a milkshake and is completly safe b/c egg beaters are pasteurized.

The breakdown:

Calories:473
Fat:17g
Carbs:8g ( I don't count the trace amount in the egg beaters)
Protein: 72grams

You guys have to try this!!! The best thing I have come across that is keto friendly!!!

K Stro24
04-08-09, 10:51 pm
For something new I thought I'd try something new with my protein shake tonight. I took an 8oz carton of Egg Beaters dumped it into a shaker, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, 33g natural PB, and 1 packet of Stevia and used my hand blender and mixed it all up and drank it down! Holy shit it tasted like desert! It was thick like a milkshake and is completly safe b/c egg beaters are pasteurized.

The breakdown:

Calories:473
Fat:17g
Carbs:8g ( I don't count the trace amount in the egg beaters)
Protein: 72grams

You guys have to try this!!! The best thing I have come across that is keto friendly!!!

this sounds soo tasy, im going to pick up a few cartons of egg beaters this weekend when im out getting some more whey and try this for breakfast. should make it easier for a breakfast on the go. thanks brother

IronWilson
04-08-09, 10:53 pm
Thanks for that, I'm starting keto in a bit and am looking forward to trying this because we all know that the protein shakes with peanut butter are the best tasting things on the diet.

MrMuscles22
04-08-09, 11:03 pm
No problem guys! I am having one of these bad boys for breakfast in the AM...I cannot sit there and eat that many grams of protein from egg beaters when cooked up like regular eggs, I want to puke by the end of eating a carton of them. So this shake makes a GREAT way to get your whey and egg protein @ once. Glad you guys are giving it a try!

K Stro24
04-08-09, 11:58 pm
about how many eggs would the eight ounces convert to? any ideas? and any ideas on droppin some oats in this bad boy for some more carbs since it would really make it easy on me to not have to make the oatmeal and then make this, im thinking about dropping it all in one and having one a day for breakfast for the rest of my life, i let u know how it tastes with the oats

04-09-09, 12:26 am
about how many eggs would the eight ounces convert to? any ideas? and any ideas on droppin some oats in this bad boy for some more carbs since it would really make it easy on me to not have to make the oatmeal and then make this, im thinking about dropping it all in one and having one a day for breakfast for the rest of my life, i let u know how it tastes with the oats

The 8oz. carton is equivelant to about 4 large egg whites. 1/4 cup is 6g protein. I make the same shake quite often and adding the oats in is great! I like to add 1/4 cup oatmeal and 4 tbsp malted milk powder to mine. Try it out! Peace.

Phil

MrMuscles22
04-09-09, 12:29 pm
Sorry guys, after reading the last post I realized that I said 8oz container of Egg Beaters when I meant to say 16oz container which has 42g Protein. The calculations are the same for calories, fats, carbs, and protein. It was just the carton size in the recipe.

Little Z
04-09-09, 2:18 pm
SOLID Brad.. thanks for posting bro!

Cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

CDUB23
04-09-09, 2:21 pm
Sounds awesome, but expensive :)

Little Z
04-09-09, 2:34 pm

Kroger had their 100% egg whites for 1.69 for 16oz...

McFly
04-09-09, 2:41 pm
the DE crew has been rocking these for years!!!! very good indeed....I've been hitting a fruit based egg white shake as of late!!

MrMuscles22
04-09-09, 3:17 pm

Yeah, I usually buy the 4 pack of 16oz Egg Beaters @ Sams Club and they cost like $9.50. I am going to start looking elsewhere for some cheaper versions of egg whites @ the grocery store next time I go.

MrMuscles22
04-09-09, 3:18 pm
SOLID Brad.. thanks for posting bro!

Cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Definately bro, we're gonna tear up Barbender's for sure!

Big3
04-09-09, 3:19 pm
Yeah, I usually buy the 4 pack of 16oz Egg Beaters @ Sams Club and they cost like $9.50. I am going to start looking elsewhere for some cheaper versions of egg whites @ the grocery store next time I go.

At Costco, they have 6 packs of 16oz Kirkland Signature egg beater type things for around 7:50 or so..

04-09-09, 5:13 pm
the DE crew has been rocking these for years!!!! very good indeed....I've been hitting a fruit based egg white shake as of late!!

Fruit based huh... I'm interested Andy. Do tell......

K Stro24
04-10-09, 12:11 am
Definately bro, we're gonna tear up Barbender's for sure!

what Barbender's gym are u headed to? theres one about 5 minutes from my college in sharon PA, could this one be it?

Little Z
04-10-09, 12:12 am
what Barbender's gym are u headed to? theres one about 5 minutes from my college in sharon PA, could this one be it?

that would be the ONE and Only Sir.. in Hermitage

check out my ABC chapter thread for details or head over to www.BarbendersGym.com

or just PM me and ill hook ya up with all the details..

Little Z
04-10-09, 1:07 pm
Busted out a Vaniller Egg Shake today..

I lucked out and am looking at..

Calories: 496.5
Fat: 12.5g
Carbs: 14g
Protein: 82grams

Great stuff..

Hey McFly.. dont you guys toss your oats in your Egg White Shakes as well?.. hit me w/ a PM on your top shake recipe brotha!

mritter3
04-10-09, 1:13 pm
sounds like a solid breakfast on the go, nice post.

MrMuscles22
04-10-09, 6:03 pm
Busted out a Vaniller Egg Shake today..

I lucked out and am looking at..

Calories: 496.5
Fat: 12.5g
Carbs: 14g
Protein: 82grams

Great stuff..

Hey McFly.. dont you guys toss your oats in your Egg White Shakes as well?.. hit me w/ a PM on your top shake recipe brotha!

Very nice Z!

Little Z
04-10-09, 6:52 pm
Very nice Z!

loved it bro.. wanna get some chocolate whey though.. or maybe do some strawberries..

but i went and picked up 4 more containers of the egg whites at $1.69.. so im good for a few more shakes haha..

Bartles
04-10-09, 7:44 pm
The 8oz. carton is equivelant to about 4 large egg whites. 1/4 cup is 6g protein. I make the same shake quite often and adding the oats in is great! I like to add 1/4 cup oatmeal and 4 tbsp malted milk powder to mine. Try it out! Peace.

Phil

I added 3 TBSP of ovaltine to mine, and 8~ ish costco carton egg whites. This is def my new breakfast! Thanks big time.

Mizzarler
04-13-09, 7:32 pm
I'm bought some egg beaters and will try this out...but in regular eggs if you dont cook them then the protein is not absorbed..i'm guessing this is different though?

stumblin54
04-13-09, 7:40 pm
That's a lot of protein for one shake. I might go for dividing that in two and downing over two servings in a day.

Stumblin

Jburz
09-24-09, 2:07 pm
this is by far the best drink I have had in ages that I've made. This comes up slightly better then my bulking drink.