PDA

View Full Version : Question about lat workout

Gio71
04-09-09, 5:01 am
Yo Brothers. Yesterday i had my back/triceps workout and i dont think i hit the lats enough, so my question is can i go to the gym today on my off day and hit them again?

JMC
04-09-09, 7:41 am
What do you mean by "hit them enough"? Did you not do lat pulldowns, or pull-ups, or another lat movement? Or are you talking about the intensity of what you did do? If you are just feeling as though you want to do more, I would generally suggest no; leave it for your next back day. That said, there's nothing wrong with pumping out a few sets of wg pullups every few days.

More likely it's a mental issue, at least for me it is when I feel this way. I ignore it and press.

Gio71
04-09-09, 8:05 am
What do you mean by "hit them enough"? Did you not do lat pulldowns, or pull-ups, or another lat movement? Or are you talking about the intensity of what you did do? If you are just feeling as though you want to do more, I would generally suggest no; leave it for your next back day. That said, there's nothing wrong with pumping out a few sets of wg pullups every few days.

More likely it's a mental issue, at least for me it is when I feel this way. I ignore it and press.

i think it wasnt intense enough my back is pumped up at the workout but i never feel the lats only the biceps so dont know what i wasdoing wrong

but i think i will try to do it next week better on back day like you said

2003Slobra
04-09-09, 11:58 am
Just because you don't "feel" it the next day or so, doesn't necessarily mean you didn't work it out well enough. At least in my own experience, some muscles take longer than a day before I will feel any soreness.

Other than that, try to change your grip around. Since you are doing a back/tri split, try not to even incorporate your bis. I know some movements will still work them like seated rows, etc. When you do Pulldowns, don't have your grip wrapped around the bar, keep the thumb on the same side of the bar and it should target more of your back than arms. Also, if you do Barball Rows, try a double overhand grip instead of underhand.

For me, that has helped the most. Then again just make sure you deadlift, haha.

Gio71
04-09-09, 12:19 pm
Just because you don't "feel" it the next day or so, doesn't necessarily mean you didn't work it out well enough. At least in my own experience, some muscles take longer than a day before I will feel any soreness.

Other than that, try to change your grip around. Since you are doing a back/tri split, try not to even incorporate your bis. I know some movements will still work them like seated rows, etc. When you do Pulldowns, don't have your grip wrapped around the bar, keep the thumb on the same side of the bar and it should target more of your back than arms. Also, if you do Barball Rows, try a double overhand grip instead of underhand.

For me, that has helped the most. Then again just make sure you deadlift, haha.

yes i know i leave the always like you told but thanks anyway

prowrestler
04-09-09, 12:19 pm
Yo Brothers. Yesterday i had my back/triceps workout and i dont think i hit the lats enough, so my question is can i go to the gym today on my off day and hit them again?

no.

rocket1
04-10-09, 12:38 pm
no.

I agree. Rest days are very important. If you don't get enough rest you won't grow, and you can get yourself injured.

If your bi's are getting tired, make sure you are doing back exercises with your back. I mean, try to pull with your elbows and forget about your forearm. Contract your back muscles. When you have good technique and your bi's are stronger, you won't have that problem.

Also, even if you don't get sore, you can still get stronger. My forearms never get sore, but they do get stronger.

EBO13
04-10-09, 2:47 pm
i agree with what everyone said... and it could be the for you use... when i use to workout back i always felt like i was working out my bis more... i read a lot on here about it and learned (eventually) how to concentrate on the lats when doing pull ups or pull downs... once i learned how to do that ive noticed a lot of strength and appearence changes...it just takes time and practice to get really good form...learn how to fucus on the lats and thats all you need....