PDA

View Full Version : Bringing lagging body parts upto scratch...

J A Y
04-09-09, 9:45 am
yo fella's,

just a quick question, which is just in general really, was wondering how you guys would go about bringing up lagging body parts? or body parts you personally think you could improve, is it just simply...

higher intensity
more reps#
more frequent training of that body part?

obviously not to a point where your doing it every day or over training, but just adding a few more sets here and there in the week?

or does it also depend on what you are aiming to improve?

im sure some of the guys who have been bb'in for years can add alot of insight into this as i bet at some point you have come to a plateau or a stage in your life where you have thought, damn... i need to get this bigger??

DreamZero
04-09-09, 12:31 pm
Hit it hard, with passion.

What worked for me is 100% intensity on everything. Don't go half-ass on anything.

For example, my delts were my weak point last year. I gave them their own workout in the week, from db lateral raises to snatches. I also added some isolation work (3-4 sets) on chest and legs day for 4 weeks, then took a week off to create a overcompensation effect. Go hard, do it often and train smart.

AFTazz06
04-09-09, 1:35 pm
Rear delts were my weakness, the way i fixed that was by attacking them first, before hitting the side and front delts. Thats the best way ( i believe) to shock a lagging body part, attack it first while your fresh and energized and your strength is up. Give it a try, i'm sure this'll help.

MrMonday
04-09-09, 2:30 pm
I am a big believer in hitting lagging bodyparts with higher frequency.

At any point in time during my training theres probably one bodypart I feel needs more work and I hit it twice a week, while everything else gets hit once a week. This is just how I've always set up my training, and like I said I have a lot of faith in this method.

Gambit
04-09-09, 3:04 pm
For a while, my arms were growing a lot faster than my chest...so I dropped arm training all together and hit chest twice a week, focusing on different parts of it during each session. Can only keep this up for a little while though, before your body starts to adapt. Just how I did it.

Ghost26
04-09-09, 5:47 pm
not to jack the thread or anything but what if one side is bigger, like my right arm is 1/2 an inch bigger than my left how do you guys approach that sorry for asking this on your thread bro

AFTazz06
04-09-09, 6:41 pm
not to jack the thread or anything but what if one side is bigger, like my right arm is 1/2 an inch bigger than my left how do you guys approach that sorry for asking this on your thread bro

Just attack each side unilaterally (one arm at a time). I like to do this on a curl machine, that way both sides go up in strength. You can do this is almost all bodyparts, its the best way to train so that everything stays on the same level. I like to do this with arms, delts, back, and sometimes quads.

J A Y
04-10-09, 9:36 am
cheers for your ideas and advice fellas, will deffo give the frequency and freshness ideas a blast!...

and no problem ghost is what the forums here for bro, we ask questions because were curious and get the best answers possible! if u dont ask things u wont find out wil you!