PDA

View Full Version : 'C' Huck's Journey

'C' Huck
04-09-09, 9:55 am
Sup fellas....

I posted this the other day under 'Training - Your Routine' and I wanted to thank rcrott1 for helping me out and encouraging me to start a journey.

I have been following this site for quit some time. I've just got back into a routine and wanted to get some feedback and some help. Here is where I am right now.

I'm 39 years old and I want to get good solid muscle. I have worked out off and on all my life so this isn't my first rodeo. I have a wife and 3 kids so I have had my share of wonderful interuptions but now I am settled enough so that I can truly focus on working out.

I like to work out first thing in the morning, 5ish, because I don't have time in the evenings and the mornings is when I can dedicate that time to the iron. I have been taking the 'Pak' for a while and I just started the 'Cuts'.

My goal, like I said, is to gain some good solid muscle. I weigh 175 lbs and have very good metabalism. I'm not to old not to do this but I know it will be harder for me than say a 24 year old and I realize that. I just want to look good when I go to the beach or around the pool you know. I still got plenty of years in me that I want to push the iron. I have always loved doing it and probably always will. I'll keep plugin until I am down to only curling 5 lb'ers...hahaha

I have been doing the 'Routine #5' under Training for about 3 weeks. I like the routine but is this what I should be doing or should I be doing more of a bulking / muscle building routine? It's getting close to summer and I didn't know if this would be the time to try to stack on some good mass with a bulking routine. I plan do do that come this Fall and Winter.

Goal:
I would like to get to about 185 - 190 lbs with good solid muscle.

Current Routine:
'Routine #5'

Monday: Quads/Hams
• Squats
• Leg Curls
• Leg Extensions
• Abs

Tuesday: Back/Calves
• Deadlifts
• Shrugs
• Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Back/Biceps
• Behind-The-Neck Pulldowns
• Front Lat Pulldowns
• Seated Rows
• Bicep Curls (Straight Bar)
• Preacher Curls
• Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curls
• Abs

Friday: Chest/Triceps
• Flat Bench Presses
• Incline Bench Presses
• Incline Dumbbell Presses
• Dips
• Tricep Cable Pushdowns
• Toe Raises (5 sets of 12 reps)

Saturday and Sunday: Off

Sorry this was copied straight from the web site but I followed it to a tee.

Supplements:
'Pak', 'Cuts' and just started 'Pump' today. (Which is freakin awesome)

I realized this week that this routine is just a little bit to advanced for me and I am not up to the big weights yet. So when I do the 5th set at 50% of my 1st sets weight to failure, I am using wuss weight.

So I want to do sort of a modified version of a 5x5 routine which I will start Monday and post it here to show progress. I showed real gains from it before so I think I'm going to go back to it to pack on some more strength and muscle.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to explain where I am right now so you guys can see where I am coming from during my journey.

C.Coronato
04-09-09, 11:07 am
Cool brother. Looks good!

ghost
04-09-09, 11:13 am
Glad to see you got this started up! If you need anything whatsoever, just ask brother. we are all here to help!

ghost
04-09-09, 11:14 am
btw, there is no such thing as "wuss" weight. everyone starts somewhere. we all were there, and we all build on it. You are building on it, so keep it up!

'C' Huck
04-09-09, 11:30 am
Thanks guys....I appreciate the up lift and encouragement.

I am looking forward to starting this and keeping it going.

'C' Huck
04-09-09, 2:02 pm
Check it!....here is my work out for tomorrow. Thoughts or comments?

Chest and Bi's
Bench: 5x5
Incl. DB Press: 3x8
Incl. Flys: 3x8
Standing BB Curl: 5x5
Incl. DB Curls: 3x8
Preacher Curls: 3x8

I will put numbers on these after tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

ghost
04-09-09, 2:16 pm
Looks great! Kill it brother!

'C' Huck
04-10-09, 7:01 am
Friday 4/10/09 (4:55 - 5:50)

Chest and Tri's
Bench: (5x5) 115
Incl. DB Press: (3x8) 35
Incl. Flys: (3x8) 20
Close Grip Bench: (5x5) 85
Tricep Pushdowns: (3x8) 50
Skulls: (3x8) 45

**This was a great work out this morning. I concentrated on the movements and really felt the muscle working and not just going through the motions. Took 'Pump' just before the work out. I really like this stuff. I don't have the big muscles yet to feel like they are ripping out of my skin but I do see the results in the mirror. But that's why I'm here and not some pretty boy blog site. I want the hardcore stuff not the frills and thrills. I will be picking up a 'good' scale this weekend to track my weight.

'C' Huck
04-13-09, 9:21 am
Monday 4/13/09 (5:15 - 6:10)

Chest and Bi's

Bench (5x5): 115
Incl. DB Press (3x8): 30
Incl. DB Fly's (3x8): 20
Standing BB Curl (5x5): 70
Incl. DB Curl (3x8): 25
Preacher Curls (3x8) 55

** I titled this log 'Dialed In' because I got dialed in on two exercises today, the Incl. DB Curl and the Preacher Curl. Let me explain. My work out area is in my basement. I have a good old adjustable bench with wide uprights and has the leg ext. attachment, take it off and then you can slide the preacher curl attachment on, take it off and you can add the overhead pulley attachment. I have about 350 lbs of olympic weights and about 150 lbs of the CAP plates that I use for the e-z-curl bar and the single bars to do curls and lat. pulls and other isolation movements. All in all I have a good set up.

But what I love about it is that I really enjoy coming up with a solution to fix or create and exercise station that I don't have. Like somebody may use 2 cement blocks on the end of a pole to do curls or something like that. Well, my bench will incline to a certain degree, about 30 degrees. SO this is really to shallow for me to do Incl. DB Curls because it really puts a strain on my shoulders. So today I spot on of my kids basketballs. I stuck it behind my back and leaned on it. Perfect!! I got dialed in. Great feel on the biceps.

Also, tried a different angle on the preacher curl. More leaned forward and really isolating the bicep and the arm. Got a great feel for that as well. Great work out today!

Today was much like Fridays but I am starting something new this week and Chest and Bi's feel on Monday. So two Chest days within 4 days, not to bad. But now I'm on my new schedule. Back and Tri's tomorrow...looking forward to that one too.

C.Coronato
04-13-09, 9:34 am
Looking good and strong brother. Keep pushing.

'C' Huck
04-14-09, 8:34 am
Well...today was going to be Leg and Shoulder day. But, I woke up about 4am with a splitting headache and sinus crap draining into my throat. I figured I didn't need to put anymore pressure on my head by doing squats. So since tomorrow was going to be my rest day, hopefully I can get rid of most of it today and do Legs and Shoulders tomorrow.

I WON'T let this stop me and I WON'T let it get me down!!!

Rock on brothers...until tomorrow!!

ghost
04-14-09, 9:29 am
Well...today was going to be Leg and Shoulder day. But, I woke up about 4am with a splitting headache and sinus crap draining into my throat. I figured I didn't need to put anymore pressure on my head by doing squats. So since tomorrow was going to be my rest day, hopefully I can get rid of most of it today and do Legs and Shoulders tomorrow.

I WON'T let this stop me and I WON'T let it get me down!!!

Rock on brothers...until tomorrow!!

lots of fluids brother. hope you feel better!

'C' Huck
04-14-09, 9:35 am
lots of fluids brother. hope you feel better!

Yes sir....I have a gallon of water right here beside me and I plan on downing it by lunch.

Any other remedies that you guys use to keep going? I will certainly keep with the 'Pak' and probably 'Cuts' today. I want to keep that in my system.

Chuck

ghost
04-14-09, 9:38 am
Yes sir....I have a gallon of water right here beside me and I plan on downing it by lunch.

Any other remedies that you guys use to keep going? I will certainly keep with the 'Pak' and probably 'Cuts' today. I want to keep that in my system.

Chuck

everyone is different, but for me... i double up on my Pak, and increase my water intake by at least 50%....

'C' Huck
04-15-09, 8:35 am
Brothers...I'm still down but not out. Today was to be a rest day but since I missed yesterday I was going to make it up today....didn't happen.

I got up at my usual 4:45 and my head was still stuffed. It's worse at night cause I guess that's when I wind down and that's the only time this sinus stuff has a chance to attack me. I doubled up on my pak yesterday and I know that and water is what kept me going, because typically I would have been in bed with a full blown cold. But no....I'm fitting it as hard as I can. I think after today I will have it licked....and back on schedule tomorrow. And when I do...there is no mercy on the iron, I own it.

ghost
04-15-09, 8:58 am
kill it brother, feel better!

'C' Huck
04-16-09, 8:42 am
I'm back and I'm Jacked...

4/16/09 (5:10 - 6:20)
Back and Tri's

Deads (5x5): 2 warm-ups (95x10), 135x5, 135x5, 135x5, 155x5, 155x5
BB Rows (3x8): 65x8, 70x8, 70x8 (these are with a 1-2 second squeeze pause at the top)
DB Rows (3x8): 35x8, 35x8, 35x8
Close Grip Bench (5x5): 2 warm-ups (65x10), 85x5, 85x5, 85x5, 95x5, 95x5
Tricep Extentions (Back to machine) (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8
Skulls (3x8): 20x8, 30x8, 30x10

** It took me a minute to get up and get going but one I popped the 'Pump' and got to the basement I was ready to attack. Felt good about all my exercises. I know most of these weights, you guys warm-up with but I'm getting there, I'm getting stronger. The 1-2 second pause at the top of the BB row was a great feel, good squeeze.

On Close Grip Bench, I have my hands just far enough apart so that when the weight is down at my chest, my hands are brushing the sides of my ribs. Is this right? or do they need to be closer?

ghost
04-16-09, 8:56 am
nice workout chuck!

for cgbp, it is all personal preference.... but you definitely want your Tris running along your lats. keep your elbows good n tucked, and smoke it.

ghost
04-16-09, 8:57 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp42JdlNz4o

that may help

'C' Huck
04-16-09, 9:01 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp42JdlNz4o

that may help

Cool bro....that's the way I did them, loved it. I used to do them with my hands only about 6-8 inches apart and that really started hurting my wrists.

Thanks for the confirmation...

ghost
04-16-09, 9:03 am
Cool bro....that's the way I did them, loved it. I used to do them with my hands only about 6-8 inches apart and that really started hurting my wrists.

Thanks for the confirmation...

thats what we are here for. yeah, for your wrist pain, go wide enough that you dont have that. lol.

'C' Huck
04-17-09, 8:43 am
4/17/09 (5:10 - 6:15)

Legs and Shoulders

Squats (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 95x10) 135x5, 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 155x5
Leg Extentions (3x8): 80x8, 90x8, 90x8 (gotta buy some more weights to add to this)
Leg Curls (3x8): 60x8, 70x8, 70x8
Standing OH BB Press (5x5): (2 warm-up sets barx10) 65x5, 65x5, 70x5, 70x5, 75x5
Side DB Laterals (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
Front DB Laterals (3x8): 15x8, 15x8, 15x8

** Legs were a little weak today from doing Deads yesterday. But normally they are split with a day in between. I felt like I was coughing up a lung most of the morning trying to get rid of this congestion in my chest...but I'm getting it out. Curs-ed flem....geeett ouuut!

Going to do some ab work over the weekend and then be ready to hit it hard next week with hopefully a full week.

ghost
04-17-09, 1:14 pm
great job on legs man! and gotta love phlegm! lol.

Hollow
04-17-09, 1:26 pm
Workouts are looking solid ‘C’ Huck. It’s always great when you can figure out different ways to hit up exercises in your home gym...good improvising on the Incline DB Curls.

I hope the chest congestion clears up quickly. Keep training hard.

'C' Huck
04-20-09, 8:24 am
great job on legs man! and gotta love phlegm! lol.

Workouts are looking solid ‘C’ Huck. It’s always great when you can figure out different ways to hit up exercises in your home gym...good improvising on the Incline DB Curls.

I hope the chest congestion clears up quickly. Keep training hard.

Thanks guys...I got some good needed rest this weekend and fed and watered the body. I was up with my son most of the night last night from him being sick so I didn't get any rest to get up this morning and hit it. So, I will hit it tonight when I get home. I'll be hitting Chest and Bi's tonight.

'C' Huck
04-21-09, 8:46 am
4/20/09 (7:15 pm - 8:10 pm)

Chest and Bi's

Flat Bench (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 95x10) 115x5, 115x5, 115x5, 125x5, 125x5 (increased weight on last two sets)
Incl. DB Press (3x8): 35x8, 35x8, 35x8 (was going to increase the weight but I increased the angle of the bench to get more upper chest)
Incl. Flys (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
Standing BB Curls (5x5): (2 warm-up sets barx10) 75x5, 75x5, 75x5, 75x5, 75x5 (increased weight from last week)
Incl. DB Curls (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8
Preacher Curls (3x8): 20x8, 30x8, 30x8 (increased weight on last two sets)

**Wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get this one in last night but I had a window of opportunity to bust it out. I didn't get my 'Pump' in before the work out or I probably could have increased the weight on everything, maybe next time. The work out went great and felt really good adding some weight to the BB curls and the preacher curls, I really felt the pump after those were done.

I've gained about 2 pounds in the past 2.5 weeks and my waist has not increased in size. So I'm pretty stoked about that. I truly do feel like I am adding some good mass. I've still got to get my meals dialed in. But I had to get off of the fast food stuff and the soda's....baby steps. I'm in full force with the 'Pak' and 'Cuts' and working on getting the 'Pump' in on the schedule as a staple. I'm starting to see results and I'm loving it.

I couldn't have done it without you guys supporting me. I don't get much reply but just the couple that I get is truly appreciated. I am very excited about this journey and can't wait to see the results.

mritter3
04-21-09, 8:59 am
hey man keep hitting em hard and the results will show, diet is crucial in training, so once you get that up to par you should see even better results, fast food and sodas wont help so congrats on dropping those, baby steps for sure, not something that will happen over night, but the journey is the best part, good luck with the rest of yours, cannot wait to see where it takes you. peace.

Hollow
04-21-09, 9:06 am
Great chest and biceps workout ‘C’ Huck! Good to see the weight on the lifts are steadily increasing from the last workout. As you get you diet “dialed in” more, I think you are going to find the added bonus it will give you towards your workouts.

Keep training hard ‘C’ Huck and I hope your son is feeling better.

C.Coronato
04-21-09, 9:55 am
Looking good C. Congrats on the weight and no movement in the waist. Thats always solid growth brother.

'C' Huck
04-21-09, 10:44 am
Thanks guys...I'm getting my diet in check better every week. I'm seeing what works for me as far as the digestive tract and things like that. I'm writing everything down ...what works and what doesn't, what gives me cramps and what doesn't. I know by following this forum that diet HAS to be in check before anything else works.

It's funny, I feel like some drug addict or something taking just these three supplements. I can't imagine what you guys that take 4 or 5 more supplements feel like. I love it though. I can cans stacked everywhere in my office and I count down the minutes before I take another pak....love it man.

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 8:53 am
Thursday 4/23/09 (5:05 - 6:10)

Back and Tri's

Deads (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 95x10) 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5 (just kept throwing the weight on!)
BB Rows (3x8): 65x8, 75x8, 75x8
DB Rows (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8
Close Grip Bench (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 65x10) 95x5, 95x5, 105x5, 105x5, 110x5
Tricep Extensions Overhead (3x8): 40x8, 45x8, 45x8
Skulls (3x8): 30x8, 30x8, 30x8

**This work out felt unbelievable!. I had sent in a request to UN for a sample of Shock and Storm so I tried the Shock just before workout and during and it is some great stuff. My Deads just felt so good, I felt like I could just keep adding the weight, felt very solid. Same goes for the rest of the exercises, they just felt good and felt strong, added weight to everything.

Going to pick me us some ST today. Would it be okay to also take Pump later on today? just to keep it in my system?

ghost
04-23-09, 8:58 am
great job on the deads!! glad to see you liked the storm, shock therapy is GREAT as is pump... yes you can take the pump later in the day, but your better bet is to eat some solid meals with it.

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 9:03 am
great job on the deads!! glad to see you liked the storm, shock therapy is GREAT as is pump... yes you can take the pump later in the day, but your better bet is to eat some solid meals with it.

Thanks....gottcha', I'll do that. Slowly getting my meals dialed in.

ghost
04-23-09, 9:05 am
Thanks....gottcha', I'll do that. Slowly getting my meals dialed in.

if you need any help with em just ask. i know Treetrunklegs has a thread of recipes that he has come up with, and are rather amazing..
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24558
That is the url to the thread

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 9:09 am
if you need any help with em just ask. i know Treetrunklegs has a thread of recipes that he has come up with, and are rather amazing..
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24558
That is the url to the thread

Ohh yes...I was on that thread the other day getting some golden nuggets of advice from it. Good stuff...thank you sir. And I may hit you up with some other nutritional stuff.

ghost
04-23-09, 9:13 am
Ohh yes...I was on that thread the other day getting some golden nuggets of advice from it. Good stuff...thank you sir. And I may hit you up with some other nutritional stuff.

you are most welcome brother. any questions, just ask! lol.

'C' Huck
04-27-09, 10:24 am
Monday 4/27/09 (5:15 - 6:10)

Chest and Bi's

Flat Bench (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 95x10) 115x5, 115x5, 125x5, 135x5, 135x5 (increased weight on last two sets again!)
Incl. DB Press (3x8): 35x8, 35x8, 35x8
Incl. Flys (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
Standing BB Curls (5x5): (2 warm-up sets barx10) 75x5, 75x5, 75x5, 75x5, 75x5
Incl. DB Curls (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8
Preacher Curls (3x8): 30x8, 30x8, 30x8 (NIBW)

** I increased bench by 10 lbs on the last two sets which really felt good. I didn't increase anything else except the PC and I did all three sets at 30 lbs (not including the bar weight).

Need a good Shoulder Mass Builder...any ideas? I will be doing those tomorrow and I am currently doing the standing OH BB Press but I'm also doing the front lat raise and side lat raise but I want to get some meat on my shoulders before I start doing concentrated movements for them.

Steve101
04-27-09, 11:29 am
39 - You are just a Kid,,,,,,,I'm 47 I just Started Lifting and Started a Journey about Two Weeks ago. I know what you mean about "wuss" weight. The Weight I use to Workout with most of these guys use to Warm-up with but we all start somewhere - it's where we end up that counts.

Good Luck on your Goals!

'C' Huck
04-27-09, 11:47 am
39 - You are just a Kid,,,,,,,I'm 47 I just Started Lifting and Started a Journey about Two Weeks ago. I know what you mean about "wuss" weight. The Weight I use to Workout with most of these guys use to Warm-up with but we all start somewhere - it's where we end up that counts.

Good Luck on your Goals!

Thank you sir!....yours as well. Can you give me a link to your journey? I would like to follow it.

Steve101
04-27-09, 12:15 pm
If I had a clue how to give you a link I would be happy to.
The Title is "My Journey to 50"

Question - have you used Animal Flex??
I'm looking at that to protect my joints

Thanks

mritter3
04-27-09, 12:34 pm
nice work on increasing your weights on your chest day, keep it up bro...training looks solid.

Hollow
04-27-09, 1:30 pm
Solid chest and biceps workout ‘C’ Huck! It’s always a great feeling when we can increase the weight from the previous workout.

Possible shoulder exercises...Seated/Standing Barbell Presses...Seated DB Presses to name a couple.

Here’s the link to Steve101’s journey:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24957

'C' Huck
04-27-09, 1:33 pm
If I had a clue how to give you a link I would be happy to.
The Title is "My Journey to 50"

Question - have you used Animal Flex??
I'm looking at that to protect my joints

Thanks

Awesome...I'll check it out.

I have not started using Flex yet but I can see me using that pretty soon.

I am using: 'Pak', 'Pump', 'Cuts' (just about done with, just used it to keep some of the 'fat' down while i'm bulking), and just started using Storm and Shock Therapy.

'C' Huck
04-29-09, 10:44 am
Wednesday 4/29/09 (5:15 - 6:15)

Shoulders and Tri's

Standing OH BB Press (5x5): (warm-up set barx10) 65x5, 65x5, 75x5, 75x5, 80x5
Seated DB Press (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
Bent over DB Laterals (3x8): 15x8, 15x8, 15x8
Close Grip Bench (5x5): (2 warm-up sets 65x10) 95x5, 105x5, 115x5, 125x5, 125x5
Dips (3 sets to failure): 8, 7.5, 6 (my tri's were on fire by now)
Tricep Extensions Pushdown (3x8): 40x10, 40x12, 40x12 (finished the inferno with doing these to failure)

** Decided on the fly to switch it up a bit and do shoulders with Tri's today. WOW...what a nice pump and workout. Doing shoulder presses incorporate the tri's a bit and they were exhausted by the time I got to dips...but pounded them out as best I could and was really close to hurling after the extensions....wonderful feeling.

Excited to see myself adding weight every workout. That is probably the most encouraging thing. I can see some development in my body but adding the weight def. shows I'm getting stronger.

ghost
04-29-09, 10:49 am
nice! Keep it up brother!!

'C' Huck
05-04-09, 8:53 am
Monday 5/4/09 (5:20 - 6:20)

Chest and Bi's

Flat DB Press (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8 (I super setted this with the Flat DB Fly)
Flat DB Fly (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
Incline DB Press (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8 (I super setted this with the Incline DB Fly)
Incline DB Fly (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8
DB Pullover (3x8): 35x8, 40x8, 40x8 (LOVE this exercise, really feel the stretch in the chest)
Standing BB Curl (5x5): 75x5, 80x5, 80x5, 80x5, 80x5 (increased weight from last week)
Concentration Curls (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8 (I super setted this with the RGBBC)
Reverse Grip BB Curl (3x8): (bar)45x8, 45x8, 45x8

** This was a great work out for me today. I changed it up a little bit by doing just DB work mostly and could really feel some of the muscles that I don't normally use in a regular BB Bench Press. I also did some super sets which really got a good pump on and I really got in touch with the muscle that I was working. I'll be feeling this one tomorrow.

Steve101
05-04-09, 8:14 pm
NIce Work always feels great walking away from a Workout knowing that you KILLED it!..

'C' Huck
05-05-09, 9:09 am
NIce Work always feels great walking away from a Workout knowing that you KILLED it!..

And brother....I am FEELING it this morning!! and it feels good!

ghost
05-05-09, 9:36 am
GREAT job Chuck!

Steve101
05-05-09, 10:26 am
That FEELING in the morning is the Balls.....My Chest is Still Sore from Monday.

'C' Huck
05-07-09, 8:45 am
Thursday 5/7/09 (5:10 - 6:05)

Back

Deads (5x5): (2 Warm-up sets 95x10) 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 185x5, 200x5 (hit the 200 lb mark today...felt awesome!!)
T-Bar Rows (3x12-6): 70x12, 85x8, 100x7 (concentrated on the squeeze and the pause at the top)
BB Rows (3x8): 65x8, 75x8, 85x5 (the last set let me know that I wasn't ready for that weight and to back down a bit. I felt like I was trying to jerk the weight just to get it up)

** I just couldn't get focused today. I walked down into my dungeon and say a mouse run across right over the top of my bench area so that sort of freaked me out. Then I found tracks of what looked like possibly a possum on the mat near my bench so that really freaked me out. Must have come through the doggie door. In any case...I just couldn't get focused today. But i did add more weight to the deads...got 200lbs at 5 times and felt like I could add more. But I'm taking it slow and steady, don't need a back injury now.

ghost
05-07-09, 8:47 am
board up the doggie door, shoot the possum...that's good eatin right there.

great lifts today

'C' Huck
05-07-09, 8:51 am
board up the doggie door, shoot the possum...that's good eatin right there.

great lifts today

Hahaha...yeah, I was thinking if he wanted to throw some weight around that was fine....otherwise..GET OUT!!!!

'C' Huck
05-12-09, 11:31 am
Tuesday 5/12 (5:15 - 6:10)

Chest and Bi's

Flat DB Press (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 45x8 (I super setted this with the Flat DB Fly, added 5 lbs on the last one)

Flat DB Fly (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8 (same from last week)

Incline DB Press (3x8): 45x8, 45x6, 45x5 (I super setted this with the Incline DB Fly, added 5 lbs on all three sets but my reps went down a little bit. Getting stronger!)

Incline DB Fly (3x8): 20x8, 20x6, 20x6 (chest was burnt from additional weight on previous exercises so the last 2 reps went down a little bit)

DB Pullover (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8

Standing BB Curl (3x8): 75x8, 80x8, 80x8 (Instead of doing 5x5, I decided to do 3x8. This was awesome. I kept my weight from last week but 8 reps at 3 sets)

Concentration Curls (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8 (I super setted this with the RGBBC)

Reverse Grip BB Curl (3x8): (bar)45x8, 45x8, 45x10 (burnt out the bi's and upper forearms on last set)

**I've been on the Shock Therepy pre-workout and Torrent on the post-workout and I have really liked that stack. I plan on adding the INtra-Aid soon and have a good complete stak. Within 2 hours of working out I have my breakfast and the 'Pak' so I think my morning routine is solid. Chest and Bi's were REALLY pumped this morning. Felt awesome!

Steve101
05-12-09, 11:57 am
Great Workout.........When I change my Spilt I'm going to do Chest/Biceps.
I haven't tried the reverse barbell curl,,based on your quote I'm going to give it a try.
You will be sore tomorrow

'C' Huck
05-12-09, 1:08 pm
Great Workout.........When I change my Spilt I'm going to do Chest/Biceps.
I haven't tried the reverse barbell curl,,based on your quote I'm going to give it a try.
You will be sore tomorrow

Thanks...I think with some Super Sets in there, that's what gets me pumped up and energized. I'll do this routine one more week and then change it up again a little bit, maybe go back to BB Bench and BB Incline Bench. I do like the reverse grip curls...really nice feel and burn.

ghost
05-12-09, 1:40 pm
reverse bb curl will give you some sick growth in your forearms as well

Steve101
05-12-09, 4:59 pm
thanks rcrott1 - I have been looking for other workouts for my forearms to go with wrist curls...forearms are a weak spot I want focus on

'C' Huck
05-14-09, 10:25 am
Thursday 5/14/09 (5:15 - 6:10)

Back

Deads (5x5): (2 Warm-up sets 135x10) 155x5, 165x5, 185x5, 205x5, 215x5 (got two sets over 200 today...very excited. My back can feel it though and my forearms. Grip almost slipped on last set. Guess it's time to do the over and under grip)

Shoulder Shrugs (3x10): 95x10, 105x10, 105x10

BB Rows (3x8): 75x8, 80x8, 85x10

T-Bar Rows (3x8): 85x8, 95x8, 95x8

** Good lift this morning. The deads were awesome...very excited about that. Although my lower back is screaming at me. The rest was about the same as last week. Didn't want to push my luck too much b adding weight to everything. May change it up a little bit next week.

ghost
05-14-09, 11:53 am
thanks rcrott1 - I have been looking for other workouts for my forearms to go with wrist curls...forearms are a weak spot I want focus on

forearm workouts? raw deads, rack pulls, static holds, bent over rows... all raw. reverse plate curls, reverse bb curls, handstand pushups... lots of stuff.

Steve101
05-14-09, 11:58 am
Thanks - I'm a Newbie
I did the Reverse Curls on Wednesday after Wrist Curls - Felt Great.
They are now part of my workout - I appreciate your Help!

'C' Huck
05-18-09, 2:26 pm
Friday 5/15 (7:30 pm - 8:20 pm)

Shoulder and Tri's

Side Lat. Raise (4 sets from Hvy to Lgt): 25lb DB's to failure, 20lb DB's to failure, 15lb DB's to failure, 10lb DB's to failure. (These freakin burned my shoulders...wow!)

Bent Rear Delt Raise (4 sets 15 to 8): 10lb DB's x15, 15lb DB's x12, 20lb DB's x10, 25lb DB's x8

Front Lat. Raise (3 sets 12, 10, 8): 15lb DB's x12, 20lb DB's x10, 20lb DB's x8

DB Press Flat (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8 ( I threw these in just to get the Tri's warmed up and also to get a little bit of chest in there for good measure)

Close Grip Press (3x8): 95x8, 95x8, 100x8

Skulls (3x8): 45x8, 45x8, 45x8

DB Tricep Extension (3 sets to failure): 25lb DB's to failure, 20lb DB's to failure, 15lb DB's to failure

**This was sort of a weird workout. I did it on Friday night versus Friday morning and I didn't like it at all. It was weird because I didn't have any energy really even after I took my Shock Therepy. I just much prefer morning workouts. I have more energy...It sounds weird but I do. I stay focused longer and I really feel a better pump. But...I got the work-out in...and that is what counts.

'C' Huck
05-19-09, 9:03 am
Tuesday 5/19/09 (5:15 - 6:10)

Chest and Bi's

Flat DB Press (3x8): 45x8, 45x8, 45x8 (I super setted this with the Flat DB Fly, added weight from las week)

Flat DB Fly (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8 (Added weight on these as well)

Incline DB Press (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8 (I super setted this with the Incline DB Fly, stayed at the same weight here)

Incline DB Fly (3x8): 20x8, 20x8, 20x8 (stayed the same weight here as well)

DB Pullover (3x8): 40x8, 40x8, 40x8, 40x8

Standing BB Curl (3x8): 75x8, 80x8, 75x8 (increased weight on second set but was lacking in form so I backed down on the third set)

Standing Hammer Curls (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8 (I super setted this with the RGBBC, did these instead of Concentration Curls, really felt the pump from a different movement.)

Reverse Grip BB Curl (3x8): (bar)45x8, 45x8, 45x8

**Another good workout this morning. This will be my last week of DB presses. I will go back to BB presses next week to see if my Bench has improved any. I will change up my Bi's routine also...not much though.

ghost
05-19-09, 9:18 am
Keep killing it Chuck! looking great in here

'C' Huck
05-19-09, 9:27 am
Keep killing it Chuck! looking great in here

What are your thoughts on when I go back to Bench next week. Should I go back to a 5x5 routine or a 3x8 routine? I'm doing the same number of reps just split up differently. As long as I am adding weight every week, shouldn't it be about the same? What's your thoughts?

ghost
05-19-09, 9:31 am
What are your thoughts on when I go back to Bench next week. Should I go back to a 5x5 routine or a 3x8 routine? I'm doing the same number of reps just split up differently. As long as I am adding weight every week, shouldn't it be about the same? What's your thoughts?

5x5 has worked really really well for a lot of members on the boards, it is all about what works for you though.... what works for them may not work for you...

as long as you are adding the weight, keep at it. every 3-5 weeks you should switch up some aspects of your training.

'C' Huck
05-19-09, 9:43 am
5x5 has worked really really well for a lot of members on the boards, it is all about what works for you though.... what works for them may not work for you...

as long as you are adding the weight, keep at it. every 3-5 weeks you should switch up some aspects of your training.

Cool...thank you sir!

ghost
05-19-09, 9:43 am
Cool...thank you sir!

no calling me sir, i work for a living. and anytime you need help.

'C' Huck
05-19-09, 10:01 am
no calling me sir, i work for a living. and anytime you need help.

hahaha...okay, thanks Bro!

'C' Huck
05-26-09, 2:04 pm
Monday 5/25 (7:30 - 8:20)

Chest and Bi's

Bench (5x5): 135x5, 135x5, 135x5, 145x5 145x5 ( I was very excited about this. I up'ed my bench a good bit from last time just by doing some DB work the past three weeks....very stoked)

Incl. DB Press (3x8): 40x3, 45x3, 45x3 (up'ed this as well)

Incl. Fly (3x8): 25x8, 25x8, 25x8

Standing BB Curl (5x5): 65x5, 65x5, 70x5, 75x5, 75x5 (this felt great, I went strict form and felt good about the pump)

Incl. Alt. DB Curl (3x8): 25x10, 25x10, 25x10 (felt like I could push the limits on this one.)

Rev. Grip BB Curl (3x failure): 45, 50, 50 (curled these to failure....ahhhh that was awesome, also threw in some wrist curls in between sets to get my forearms blasted...what a way to finish it off)

**Got in my Monday workout even though it was Memorial Day. Shock Therepy is freakin awesome!...I know I have said it but today I was able to take it and wait 30 minutes before I worked out....man it was great! I normally take it as soon as I get up and start wokin out about 5 minutes late because I have to get to work. Really felt the blast and pump today....I was just LOOKING for something to lift in between sets...felt very energized.

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 9:09 am
Thursday 5/28 (5:05 - 6:15)

Back

Deads (5x5): 155x5, 175x5, 195x5, 215x5, 225x5 (was jacked about this one today)

WG Pull-ups (3x ): 2 3/4, 2, 1 1/2 (I have been wanting to add these to my w/o but just never could do them. So today I was really surprised at the ones I did do. I am keeping up with exactly how many I do, down to the 1/4 rep.)

Shrugs (3xFailure): 95, 95, 95 (didn't keep count of these, just did them till I couldn't lift my shoulders....wow! what a burn)

BB Rows (3x10): 80x10, 80x10, 80x10

Close Grip Pulldowns (3x10): 90x10, 100x10, 100x10

** What woke me up this morning was knowing that I was going to get to go down and pull some weight. Couldn't wait to get down to do DL's. I knew in my mind that I was going to add 10 lbs to the last set and I was stoked about it.

Last week my grip almost failed on the last set so this time I decided to start doing the over and under grip. MUCH better, I was able to do my last sets with no worry of losing grip. Overall, the workout felt great and changed a couple of things as well. Always good to keep it mixed up.

ghost
05-28-09, 9:24 am
you can always come do a Shrugs/Static Holds workout with me if you want some real pain.... lol. last time i did em, i maxed out shrugs at 765 and static holds at 1085

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 9:34 am
you can always come do a Shrugs/Static Holds workout with me if you want some real pain.... lol. last time i did em, i maxed out shrugs at 765 and static holds at 1085

SWEEEEETT!!! Rock on brotha!!

that wouldn't be pain for me...that would be death. hahaha

What are Static Holds?

ghost
05-28-09, 9:40 am
SWEEEEETT!!! Rock on brotha!!

that wouldn't be pain for me...that would be death. hahaha

What are Static Holds?

holding the maximum amount of weight for the longest amount of time possible. i can do 995 for damn near a minute

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 9:49 am
holding the maximum amount of weight for the longest amount of time possible. i can do 995 for damn near a minute

Holy crap!!....that is some serious forearm strength. So just picking it up and holding it?

ghost
05-28-09, 9:50 am
Holy crap!!....that is some serious forearm strength. So just picking it up and holding it?
yeah, for anything over 450, i use my straps.

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 10:05 am
yeah, for anything over 450, i use my straps.

Does that build strength in the whole body or just shoulders and arms?

ghost
05-28-09, 10:08 am
Does that build strength in the whole body or just shoulders and arms?

ALL over. especially when you are holding it and just feel every muscle fiber twitching and firing... it will FRY your arms/traps/back though.

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 10:21 am
ALL over. especially when you are holding it and just feel every muscle fiber twitching and firing... it will FRY your arms/traps/back though.

Cool...thanks! I will add that somewhere in my w/o routine. Do it once a week or something....just something to shock the system?

Sorry...last question.

ghost
05-28-09, 10:28 am
Cool...thanks! I will add that somewhere in my w/o routine. Do it once a week or something....just something to shock the system?

Sorry...last question.

once every few weeks in all honesty. when you get more comfortable with it, you can start doing it more often. and go til you cant lift anything more. the way that I do these, and i am different from everyone else, i dedicate a single day to them, and nothing else. no other body parts except shrugs and static holds..

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 10:37 am
once every few weeks in all honesty. when you get more comfortable with it, you can start doing it more often. and go til you cant lift anything more. the way that I do these, and i am different from everyone else, i dedicate a single day to them, and nothing else. no other body parts except shrugs and static holds..

AWESOME!...Thank you....sir! hahaha
Sorry...just my southern up bringing.

ghost
05-28-09, 10:39 am
AWESOME!...Thank you....sir! hahaha
Sorry...just my southern up bringing.

just here to help. you have to remember... if executed IMPROPERLY and with poor form... you WILL pinch nerves in your neck and it will hurt like a mother fucker...

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 11:02 am
just here to help. you have to remember... if executed IMPROPERLY and with poor form... you WILL pinch nerves in your neck and it will hurt like a mother fucker...

Can you give me a link to see the proper form? Or describe it to me?

ghost
05-28-09, 11:06 am
Can you give me a link to see the proper form? Or describe it to me?

grip the bar, just outside of your legs with your feet shoulder width apart. LOOK FORWARD, DO NOT MOVE YOUR HEAD, bring your shoulders up to hit your ears, and back down again.

'C' Huck
05-28-09, 11:08 am
grip the bar, just outside of your legs with your feet shoulder width apart. LOOK FORWARD, DO NOT MOVE YOUR HEAD, bring your shoulders up to hit your ears, and back down again.

Thanks again bro!

ghost
05-28-09, 11:14 am
Thanks again bro!

anytime!

'C' Huck
06-01-09, 10:40 am
Monday 6/1 (5:00 - 6:05)

Chest and Bi's

Bench (5x5): 135x5, 135x5, 145x5, 145x5, 155x5 (I was able to add 10 lbs to the last set this week. I have a goal of doing 190x5 by July 13. Along with a goal of doing a Deadlift of 255x5. I call it "Goal Monday")

Incl. DB Press (3x8): 50x8, 50x5.5, 50x5 (I jumped to 50's this week in the DB Press, very pumped about that, but couldn't get all three sets at 8 reps...maybe next week.)

Incl. Fly (3x10): 25x10, 25x10, 25x10 (Uped the reps here but stayed the same weight. I want to make sure my form stays pretty strict before I up the weight.)

Standing BB Curl (5x5): 65x5, 75x5, 75x5, 80x5, 80x5 ( I looked back about a month or so ago and I was doing this weight then. I may have plateaued here but I don't want to sacrifice form to get the weight up. I will try next week to do 5 sets with 80lbs)

Standing Alt. DB Curl (Run the Rack): 25 lb'ers down to 10 lb'ers (this really got my bi's pumped. I started with 25's and did them to failure and immediately picked up 20's and did the same. All the way down to 10's in 5 lb. increments. Very nice pump and feel)

Standing BB Curl (10 to 1): 45x10, 45x9, 45x8........45x1 (I wanted to try this after I read about it under the 'Arms' section. I didn't have a partner but after I did my set of 10, I set it down and counted to 10 in a rep speed, then picked it up and did 9 and so on. This was unbelievably awesome!...it's funny how spent the arms are by the 3rd, 2nd and 1 rep.)

**Did a little something different this morning. Got up 1 hr. earlier than normal and ate a power bar to get some food in the belly before workout. I was encouraged to do this on another thread, said I would see better results than not having anything on the stomach. So I did that and then took my ST about 30 minutes later and then hit the weights at 5:00.

Couldn't really tell a difference in energy level but I did have good energy at the beginning of the workout since I took my ST 30 minutes before. Usually it's only about 5 minutes before and I don't get the benefits of it until half way through the workout.

'C' Huck
06-08-09, 7:32 am
Monday 6/8 (5:20 - 6:15)

Chest and Bi's

Bench (5x5): 135x5, 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 160x5 (Added 5 lbs to todays last set of 5.)

Flat DB Press (3x8): 50x8, 50x6, 50x5 (couldn't get all 8 reps today)

Dips (3x): 8, 6, 6

Standing BB Curl (3x8): 65x8, 75x8, 75x8

7x7x7 (3x Bar): 45, 45, 45

**I just wasn't feeling it today. I am pretty much embarrassed to even post this but I had to start back somewhere, I had to get back in. As you can see, my last workout was a week ago. I didn't do anything last week because of my lower back, I wanted to give it a rest to see if it would heal itself. It started feeling much better by Friday and through the weekend I felt back to normal so I know I have to hit it hard this week to catch back up.

I just couldn't get in that 'zone' today. It makes a HUGE difference when you don't do the normal routine through the week. I still took my 'Pak' and ate okay but eating and not getting the work done just made me sluggish this morning. Eating fast food yesterday while on the road did not help at all either. I have learned my lesson. If I'm not hitting the weights, I HAVE to keep my meals in check

Steve101
06-08-09, 7:04 pm
Hey you went and put in the effort which on "off" days can be more of an accomplishment than when you are feeling great and hitting it hard.... Hope you are feeling better!

'C' Huck
10-28-09, 2:03 pm
Well...after almost a 5 month lay-off of the weights, I am back at it! From m last post I thought I had injured my back but after about a week or so of rest it was fine.

Needless to say, I just never could get back in m routine. I made a point yesterday to get my lazy tale up and start back with my routine. I have started the 5x5 routine that will take me to the first of the year, and then I'll change it up. I would like to add some size on through the winter and then by spring hopefully I will have added 10 or 15 lbs of muscle.

I always come here first for my motivation. You guys are the best and I know I can pick back up where I left off.

So again...I re-start m journey!

'C' Huck
11-02-09, 1:10 pm
Monday 11/2/2009 (5:20 - 6:05)

5x5 Workout Program

Squat - 135 x 5
Bench - 115 x 5
BB Row - 65 x 5
Dips (3xF) - 5, 5, 3

Really felt good to be back in it. My legs felt like noodles from Friday on into Sunday. Got them worked out this morning and got the soreness out of them...read to hit'em hard.