PDA

View Full Version : Boxing

GJN5002
04-09-09, 11:30 am
Im looking for some info from any guys who box/train martial arts and bodybuild. I started boxing this week and needless to say, Im going to drop some weight. Im about 215 at 20% after my bulk so I should be able to hit a lean 185-90 in a few months.
My question is, anyone who trains, how do you set your split up. I dont want to over train my shoulders and arms by boxing and lifting. Also, I dont want to spend 7 days a week in the gym. Im considering a 3-4 day split with 2 days of boxing and 1-2 days to rest.
Any thought would eb appreciated.

bigffmike
04-09-09, 11:50 am
Im looking for some info from any guys who box/train martial arts and bodybuild. I started boxing this week and needless to say, Im going to drop some weight. Im about 215 at 20% after my bulk so I should be able to hit a lean 185-90 in a few months.
My question is, anyone who trains, how do you set your split up. I dont want to over train my shoulders and arms by boxing and lifting. Also, I dont want to spend 7 days a week in the gym. Im considering a 3-4 day split with 2 days of boxing and 1-2 days to rest.
Any thought would eb appreciated.

I do a 5 day split, I Box on one of my off days and usualy on leg day, Box in the morning inplace of my cardio and do legs at night.
I do heavy and speed bag work.
Thats just what I do. Hope it helps a bit

GJN5002
04-09-09, 12:37 pm
I do a 5 day split, I Box on one of my off days and usualy on leg day, Box in the morning inplace of my cardio and do legs at night.
I do heavy and speed bag work.
Thats just what I do. Hope it helps a bit

thanks fo rthe input

cstmgp
04-09-09, 4:44 pm
I love doing muai tai for my cardio, just remember to stretch alot. I usually do a little after any lifting session I feel good enough. I would definitely replace any cardio days with boxing/MA

Shaun

J Wong
04-09-09, 7:46 pm
If you are serious about boxing I would suggest doing a 3 day split like macdows 5x5, or split up into an upper/lower/conditioning type split.

GJN5002
04-09-09, 9:15 pm
If you are serious about boxing I would suggest doing a 3 day split like macdows 5x5, or split up into an upper/lower/conditioning type split.

I was considering an upper.lower split but Ive never done one and never really liked the odea of it. Theres always a first for everything though