PDA

View Full Version : Help--Workout Routine

handy21
04-10-09, 1:13 pm
I am about 5 10 and 145. I have done alot of lifting in the past but have been out of it for about 9 months. I am trying to put on some mass. I am and always have been skinny. I have got my diet in line now for the past two weeks and have been lifting hard. My question is wheather or not it would be beneficial to me to do squats more than once a week. I understand the best way to gain solid mass is by doing core lifts. I have been doing deadlifts as well. Any other advice for me would be great. Thanks.

C.Coronato
04-10-09, 1:42 pm
How old are you brother? Stick to things once a week to rest and repair.

handy21
04-10-09, 2:31 pm
Thanks for the advice. I am 22.

K Stro24
04-11-09, 4:15 am
if ur going to do squats more than once a week, ur going to want to spread it out alot, rest more, and eat more. but for me personally, i only do em once a week, and i do em all out, usually with some form of 2-3 warmup sets, deep ass to the floor, a set of widowmakers about 15+ reps of a moderate weight. and 3 sets of 8-5 of whatever i can. but also, could switch it up and go like a monday normal deep squats, and then thursday or friday do some sissy squats

sanga
04-11-09, 5:34 am
My advice is to stick to big basic compound moves 3 times a week, you could do this two ways, first you could hit squats Monday and Friday the first week then the following week it would be Wednesday and Monday, so you are hitting each bodypart twice in 8 days, not quite a week but close.

Second you could split the body parts as follows, not twice a week squatting but a good split I currently use to hit each bodypart once a week-

Monday Legs

Wednesday Chest, delts and triceps

Friday Back and biceps

I prefer hitting each bodypart once a week but twice in 8 days is very effective especially if you are underweight and want to bang on some size, make sure your calories are up as these will determine whether you grow bigger and stronger.

Remember progressive resistance over time with excess calories is what is going to get you bigger and stronger, progressive resistance always.