PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of that beer gut...

Glory
04-12-09, 1:54 pm
I've had my share of beers over the year and it's caught up to me a bit. I have a little gut on me and I want to know how to cut it. Feel free to share with me any secrets you have, thanks brothers.

shizz702
04-12-09, 1:58 pm
Stop drinking beer, or keep it in moderation at least, eat right, and train consistently.

sanga
04-12-09, 2:01 pm
I've had my share of beers over the year and it's caught up to me a bit. I have a little gut on me and I want to know how to cut it. Feel free to share with me any secrets you have, thanks brothers.

Its all about diet mate.

Aggression
04-12-09, 2:03 pm

Stop drinking beer. Or slow down on it. Clean up your diet. Maybe add some low intensity cardio to your training regime a few times per week. Any one of, or any combination of those tips will get the job done.

Glory
04-12-09, 2:07 pm
I only drink beer during weekends so it's not like I'm drinking it everyday. Alright I'll add the low intensity cardio into the routine but what about ab workouts? And besides drinking beer I have a great diet.

Aggression
04-12-09, 2:11 pm
I only drink beer during weekends so it's not like I'm drinking it everyday. Alright I'll add the low intensity cardio into the routine but what about ab workouts?

Only weekends? Are you drinking and then having a shit meal before bed? Drunk munchie-style? That could be another issue. There are weekends where I have a few beers on the weekend, but I be sure to get a gallon of water in throughout that day, and then I come home, drink more water and eat a solid meal before bed.

Abs aren't really part of that equation bro. If beer is the problem, just clean up the foods and maybe lay off the beer. Have 1-2 less than normal. Keep the ab routine the same, or up the volume/intensity if you feel the need. Your ab routine doesn't have much to do with your beer gut. If you want your abs to show, cut out the beer altogether and get on the cardio. Abs come out through intense dieting/cardio.

For ab workouts, I usually hit abs once a week, for about 6-12 sets (off-season). When it comes time to diet, I'll up the volume, hitting them 2x/week, at least.

Glory
04-12-09, 2:15 pm
Thanks bro, that helps a bunch. I stay away from the munchie style drinking though, I usually have enough sense not to go crazy after a night of drinkin.

jeff00z28
04-12-09, 2:23 pm
i dont have a problem drinking on saturdays because i drink less than girls. stop drinking for a while so u become more like that and pick a set amount that is small, and never go past that and u will be the same. I don't understand why ppl think it is cool to be able to last the longest when they're pretty much all fat.

stringed bean
04-12-09, 2:45 pm
beer dosent give you a gut. according to manswers people who drink alot of beer generally have shitty diets.

i drink pretty heavy every friday and before i started bulking i had abs, i also ate super clean.

Preservation
04-14-09, 3:30 pm
Dudes when it comes to a gut from beer one don't always believe what you see in the boob tub second if you drink 3-4 times a week or every weekend and workout and have a poor diet of fast food your not going to loose any stomach fat. Look at all the areas your draggen in drinking cut that shizz out second get in gear with a diet third proper training and four utilization of what all 3 of these can and will do for you if you put your self to the test. P.s cuts works like a mother..fracker..

GJN5002
04-14-09, 4:47 pm
beer dosent give you a gut. according to manswers people who drink alot of beer generally have shitty diets.

i drink pretty heavy every friday and before i started bulking i had abs, i also ate super clean.

true to an extent. lots of alchohol = lower test and higher estrogen. higher estrogen = more fat. also most people who drink a lot eat like crap. That being said, i have a few beers on the weekend but I have to beat down those drunk munchie feelings.

cut down on the beer until you are happy with your body then adjust how many you have. get you rdiet in check, infact post it up here because most times people think they have good diets and they dont. more cardio, and if youre old enough a test booster may help you out a bit.

AFTazz06
04-14-09, 4:51 pm
just quit drinking it. How can you want to loose the beer gut, yet your still gonna feed it beer on the weekends? makes no sense, just fight the urge, stop drinking it. Get your diet on track, start doing some low intensity cardio, thats the "secret."

mritter3
04-14-09, 5:45 pm
diet and cardio bro, my least 2 favorite words but probally the the most important ones.

Firefist
04-14-09, 5:59 pm
just quit drinking it. How can you want to loose the beer gut, yet your still gonna feed it beer on the weekends? makes no sense, just fight the urge, stop drinking it. Get your diet on track, start doing some low intensity cardio, thats the "secret."

yup. its simple math.

- beer gut = - beer

Carpe Diem P.T
04-14-09, 6:46 pm
look at football players. (generalising here) They have huge drinking weekends, most weekends and have wash board abs. You want to drink and have abs, u either need to up your cardio, or lessen your caloric intake to make room for those useless calories. There is no science, its as simple as that.

Glory
04-15-09, 5:47 pm
A lot of good points there. I'm not looking for a great 6 pack though, just a nice muscular stomach with no useless body fat.

Carpe Diem P.T
04-16-09, 3:16 am
you want a nice muscular stomach with no useless fat? THATS A FREAKIN 6 PACK DUDE!

lol i dont think you know what your after ;)

Just lay off the beer a bit and exercise a little bit more. see what happens. not much to risk there.

DanTheMan
04-16-09, 10:24 am
ha. just do cardio til that shit goes away. took years to put that beer gut on, don't expect it to go away in a few days

StockRock
04-16-09, 5:05 pm
Drink lite beer ;) and add cardio.

bigmike08
04-16-09, 9:02 pm
Sorry to say this, but I def am a college student and I do the naughty thing and go out on the week days, thursday-saturday night. I know not a good thing when training to get bigger. But I have been losing fat since I upped the cardio and upped the training intensity. From what I have seen, you can still drink, but you better be able to work your ass off to make up for it. That is just me though. Im sure if I would completely stop drinking and kept my clean diet and cardio I would hit that 6 pack for sure, but I do have a flat stomach with abs showing at times, so if you wanna hit it hard on the weekends, hit it even harder in the weight room and with your cardio...Just my two cents, best of luck to ya mate!

Cheers, (literally)
Mike

ChunkyMonkey
04-16-09, 10:31 pm
Yea bro, Mike is right, just imagine, for every 6 pack you drink, double the intensity/time on cardio to burn it off. Im a college student too and yea, my diet and beer drinking didn't do too good on my body either. I've been trying to get those abs too, but you know the saying, no pain no gain...